How would you wipe out ISIS?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
mhewett
captain of 100

Re: How would you wipe out ISIS?

Post by mhewett »

Fiannan wrote: May 25th, 2017, 12:31 pm
Mark wrote: May 25th, 2017, 10:22 am Katy Perry has the answer. Like Peace love and Bobby Sherman man.

https://www.youngcons.com/katy-perry-ha ... t-coexist/
Yes, love and all. Then again, have you seen her recent video? Seriously, cannibalism? What is with this lady?

While this is a bit disturbing this is what your children or grandchildren are listening to. I bet her songs are even played at Church dances. Correct me if I am wrong on that point.

Her video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPI-mRFEIH0&t=114s
I agree it is shocking and I certainly discourage anyone from following her.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

mhewett wrote: May 26th, 2017, 2:13 am
Silver wrote: May 24th, 2017, 9:23 pm
mhewett wrote: May 24th, 2017, 9:18 pm Incidentally, we never hear of all the terror attacks that happen every day. On the 24th of May there were 3.

2017.05.24 Philippines General Santos 14 killed 50 injured Two bomb blasts targeting Christians along a commercial district leaves fourteen dead.

2017.05.24 Somalia Bari 5 killed 12 injured Five people are exterminated by a Shahid suicide bomber.

2017.05.24 Indonesia Jakarta 1 killed 4 injured A suicide bomber detonates outside a bus terminal, killing a guard.

That's 20 killed and 66 injured on the 24th. Almost the same as Manchester. What you saw in Manchester is real life for many parts of the world.

On my birthday on the 8th there were 12 people killed and 25 injured in 3 separate terrorist attacks in Bangladesh, Somalia and Egypt.

Islam is at war with not just the west but the whole world and we really need to understand that.
And the Christians, not to be outdone by the Muslim amateurs, have killed millions of innocents in the last 100 years.

One example. It will take 24 seconds of your life to watch it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0uvgHKZe8
Now that was a low blow, why did you make me see that womans face again, how much suffering do I have to endure in this life....sigh....anyway, her a Christian? I don't think so,I know she says she's Episcopalian but she was a part of Clintons government, now that was the epitome of a Christian government. What she said about 500,000 Iraqi children is absolutely evil but that is not Christianity and can you remember the last time the US had a government that followed Christian principles?

In my opinion, for a very long time, Christianity has been taken out of government so it is incorrect to say that Christianity is responsible for those 500,000 dead children. I'm sure you must know about how the government was taken over decades and decades ago. The PTB own and play both sides,dems and reps, and in war the PTB often fund both sides. George Bush 1 and 2...what fake Christians, Obama,yeah right, Trump, at least he is trying to put God back into things.

I would argue that Christians are not responsible for killing millions of innocents and if they are it is because evil governments have manipulated them by the use of propaganda to go to war. For example, Japan wanted to get out of the war but the US government made things difficult for Japan so they had no option but to attack. Pearl harbour would never have happened,how many American and Japanese lives would have been saved? Hitler offered a lot of peace deals which were never replied to. The governments of the day could have saved lives but they chose war, they chose to keep other countries under the thumb, that is not Christianity. They were not Christian governments despite being western governments so you cannot blame the deaths on Christianity.
Right. The woman in the video really lacks a heart. Do you think, perhaps, that her environment (us vs. them mentality & Gadianton control) made her respond the way she did? What would have happened to her if she had said, "No, it was a terrible thing for America to do and I demand all leadership be tried for war crimes immediately."?

You see things like I do and from the inside it's easy to see the truth. However, from a Muslim's point of view, America/Europe is Christian. And those Christians are bombing Muslim wedding parties and Muslim apartment buildings and Muslim hospitals -- not always -- but often enough that Christians get a bad reputation for not acting very Christlike. You and I would never do those things, but our culture obviously would.

So maybe, just maybe, since most people, on their own, would never kill a bunch of people, most Muslims would never commit atrocious acts of terror. Caught up as they are in their culture though, some of them do. They have propaganda in their lives just as we have in the West.

I'm not making excuses for anybody. I'm simply saying that America is not lily-white. I'm also saying that we ought to trust the prophets and Christ and stop the killing and the non-defensive wars.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Silver wrote: May 26th, 2017, 5:31 am Right. The woman in the video really lacks a heart. Do you think, perhaps, that her environment (us vs. them mentality & Gadianton control) made her respond the way she did? What would have happened to her if she had said, "No, it was a terrible thing for America to do and I demand all leadership be tried for war crimes immediately."?

You see things like I do and from the inside it's easy to see the truth. However, from a Muslim's point of view, America/Europe is Christian. And those Christians are bombing Muslim wedding parties and Muslim apartment buildings and Muslim hospitals -- not always -- but often enough that Christians get a bad reputation for not acting very Christlike. You and I would never do those things, but our culture obviously would.

So maybe, just maybe, since most people, on their own, would never kill a bunch of people, most Muslims would never commit atrocious acts of terror. Caught up as they are in their culture though, some of them do. They have propaganda in their lives just as we have in the West.

I'm not making excuses for anybody. I'm simply saying that America is not lily-white. I'm also saying that we ought to trust the prophets and Christ and stop the killing and the non-defensive wars.
I agree, we definitely should stop non-defensive wars. The so called Christian nations have forgotten their heritage and descended into evil as prophesied. There is another point here though I want to add. When Christians start killing or wars, they are acting hypocritical and going against Christ's teachings. If someone points that out to them they can either repent or reject Christ. With Muslims, its just the opposite. Their prophet was a monster, they can justify any wars, slavery, etc as following his example. A Good Christian has an obligation to live peacefully and fight only defensively as you noted, but a good Muslim is obligated to conquer and enslave infidels.

No doubt some pretty terrible things have been done by people who claim to be Christian, but that's just the excuse. ISLAM has been attacking, killing and enslaving Christians since it was created 1400 years ago, before Christians had done anything to them. At this point, there's plenty of evil and accusations to throw around at both sides to use as an excuse for war. I'm against war, leave the muslims alone and let them keep the middle east that they conquered long ago. But, let us also keep and try to fight for our Christian heritage here. Our constitution and the principles Christ taught us are under assault enough by our own people without the muslims helping to tear it down. Muslims have many countries, they can't have this one though. Christ has declared it is only for those who follow him, and so I think we should support policies like Trump's immigration ban that align with what Christ said he wanted done here.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

First -- Understand that Jihad and Islamism are ideologies and must be countered aggressively with superior ideologies. Our current practice in the west is to pretend that any criticism of these ideologies is racism and islamaphobic. It is not.

Second -- To counter these ideologies, we need to aggressively assimilate these communities in the west instead of allowing mini sharia states to exist in violation of western law and values. Prosecute those practicing Sharia in violation of law. Make them abide by the same precepts all other communities must live by. Heavy doses of civics in schools. Send in Christian missionaries and protect them. Currently in these communities there is no other voice to be heard than those wielding the biggest stick. Most muslims in the western muslim communities fear these thugs, but have no option but to support or turn a blind eye to their actions as we have abandoned those communities to the jihadists.

Third -- Find those muslims who are speaking out about jihad and islamism and support/protect them. There are many, but they get very little play in the media. The left props up CAIR and other jihadists and attacks the moderates and reformers in the community. This needs to be reversed.

Fourth-- Limit immigration to those muslims who do not hold jihadist or islamist views. Actively import these folks to counter the jihadist and islamist viewpoints that currenlty have free reign.

Fifth-- Stay out of middle eastern conflicts as much as possible. However, when you do engage, win and win quickly. Stop with the piece meal and decades long conflicts.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I am very impressed with the repertoire of suggestions to "wipe out ISIS". But I believe that our options as individuals to help bring that about are limited by, among other things, out stations in life. I think that if we want to do all we can to help "wipe out ISIS" we might do well to consider and apply the commandments a Prophet, Ezra Taft Benson, gave us nearly 30 years ago.

First, he told us that "we must be righteous". We would be wise to involve/consult with the Lord to learn where and how our individual efforts should be focused. And success in this approach certainly requires righteousness on our part.

Second, President Benson said that "we must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers". This is vitally important because to take on and wipe out ISIS properly, it needs to be done within the bounds set for such actions by the U.S. Constitution.

Third, he said that "we must become involved in civic affairs..." I'm not sure how this commandment can be applied toward the effort to "wipe out ISIS, but I'll bet some of you may have good ideas.

Fourth, the Prophet told us that "we must make our influence felt by our vote, our letters, our teaching, and our advice." Our current representatives in the Senate and in the "House" may not agree with some or most of your suggestions. Mine certainly do not. But if we can, thru our "teaching". our "vote", our "letters" , and our advice foment a change of understanding and opinion in Congress, and among many more Americans, we can, I think, progress in not only wiping our ISIS, but also defeating the plans of the globalists and the NWO, which have been fomenting ISIS and other terrorist acts.

President Benson also said that "we must become accurately informed and then let others know how we feel." Becoming accurately informed means learning what is really going on in our world, how it is affecting our lives and our freedoms, and who is behind ISIS and other actions that are destroying the freedoms of not just America, but all nations.

Before I sign off, I need to state that the word MUST makes each of those 5 statements a commandment to me.

Any other ideas that we as individuals can implement on our own or in concert with other like-minded people ?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Add this to the list - happened today - http://www.dailywire.com/news/16892/lea ... benshapiro

Ramadan Begins: At Least 26 Coptic Christians, Including Children, Slaughtered In Egypt
mhewett wrote: May 24th, 2017, 9:18 pm Incidentally, we never hear of all the terror attacks that happen every day. On the 24th of May there were 3.

2017.05.24 Philippines General Santos 14 killed 50 injured Two bomb blasts targeting Christians along a commercial district leaves fourteen dead.

2017.05.24 Somalia Bari 5 killed 12 injured Five people are exterminated by a Shahid suicide bomber.

2017.05.24 Indonesia Jakarta 1 killed 4 injured A suicide bomber detonates outside a bus terminal, killing a guard.

That's 20 killed and 66 injured on the 24th. Almost the same as Manchester. What you saw in Manchester is real life for many parts of the world.

On my birthday on the 8th there were 12 people killed and 25 injured in 3 separate terrorist attacks in Bangladesh, Somalia and Egypt.

Islam is at war with not just the west but the whole world and we really need to understand that.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

From May 24th - http://www.faithwire.com/2017/05/24/chu ... pine-city/

"Churches and Hospitals Under Siege, Martial Law Declared as ISIS Overtakes Major Philippine City"

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Thanks Obama and Hillary for making Libya a terrorist mecca. 28 Christian Egyptians slaughtered today:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Egypt.html
Egyptian planes bomb Libyan jihadi training camps after at least 28 people, including children, were killed when masked gunmen opened fire on a bus carrying Coptic Christians
Remember when Egypt wanted to bomb ISIS in Libya and Obama...well...? http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... itter_page

mhewett
captain of 100

Post by mhewett »

Serragon wrote: May 26th, 2017, 11:09 am First -- Understand that Jihad and Islamism are ideologies and must be countered aggressively with superior ideologies. Our current practice in the west is to pretend that any criticism of these ideologies is racism and islamaphobic. It is not.

Second -- To counter these ideologies, we need to aggressively assimilate these communities in the west instead of allowing mini sharia states to exist in violation of western law and values. Prosecute those practicing Sharia in violation of law. Make them abide by the same precepts all other communities must live by. Heavy doses of civics in schools. Send in Christian missionaries and protect them. Currently in these communities there is no other voice to be heard than those wielding the biggest stick. Most muslims in the western muslim communities fear these thugs, but have no option but to support or turn a blind eye to their actions as we have abandoned those communities to the jihadists.

Third -- Find those muslims who are speaking out about jihad and islamism and support/protect them. There are many, but they get very little play in the media. The left props up CAIR and other jihadists and attacks the moderates and reformers in the community. This needs to be reversed.

Fourth-- Limit immigration to those muslims who do not hold jihadist or islamist views. Actively import these folks to counter the jihadist and islamist viewpoints that currenlty have free reign.

Fifth-- Stay out of middle eastern conflicts as much as possible. However, when you do engage, win and win quickly. Stop with the piece meal and decades long conflicts.
First - Jihad and Islamism is Islam, it is the religion. It is in the Quran, the Hadiths and other Islamic texts. Worldwide conquest has been the goal of Islam since Mohammad. That will never change. Countering aggressively with superior ideologies has been tried for so long without success, loving them has not worked, helping them hasn't, giving them money hasn't. I agree that we must be free to criticise Islam. The fact is that the more muslims you have, the more problems you get. The bigger voice they get, the more they throw their weight around.
Second - how can you force them to assimilate if they don't want to? I agree with the rest except sending Christian missionaries. Isn't there a police force?

Third - agreed

Fourth - How could you possibly do that? We can't read minds.

Fifth - absolutely agree

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

mhewett wrote: May 26th, 2017, 3:50 pm
Serragon wrote: May 26th, 2017, 11:09 am First -- Understand that Jihad and Islamism are ideologies and must be countered aggressively with superior ideologies. Our current practice in the west is to pretend that any criticism of these ideologies is racism and islamaphobic. It is not.

First - Jihad and Islamism is Islam, it is the religion. It is in the Quran, the Hadiths and other Islamic texts. Worldwide conquest has been the goal of Islam since Mohammad. That will never change. Countering aggressively with superior ideologies has been tried for so long without success, loving them has not worked, helping them hasn't, giving them money hasn't. I agree that we must be free to criticise Islam. The fact is that the more muslims you have, the more problems you get. The bigger voice they get, the more they throw their weight around.
Second - how can you force them to assimilate if they don't want to? I agree with the rest except sending Christian missionaries. Isn't there a police force?

Third - agreed

Fourth - How could you possibly do that? We can't read minds.

Fifth - absolutely agree

Jihad and Islamism are implementations of an idealogy, not the religion itself. This is an important distinction. The fact that justifications for these implementations are in the holy text of the religion isn't really important. What we need to do is make sure those with a peaceful implementation are able to speak without fear of reprisal so there are competing ideas being debated in the Muslim community. This is also why we need to protect Christian missionaries in those communities.

We do not force assimilation. We should be making it nearly impossible to avoid, however. We currently have a completely hands off approach to these muslim communities in the west. We allow them to set up mini muslim enclaves which are taken over by the jihadists and islamsists because we do nothing to support/protect the non radical folks. We do this in the name of multi-culturalism while the left pats themselves on the backs about how tolerant and loving they are. Meanwhile islamism takes root.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Why would we let a group who only believes in jihad, come into our country and commit such acts of violence?
I think a hard line must be taken, I feel no sorrow for them, they brought it on themselves. It's like Silver, he rants constantly about President Trump till nobody listens anymore.
The time for talk is over, action need to be taken, swift and dreadful.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

eddie wrote: May 26th, 2017, 5:05 pm Why would we let a group who only believes in jihad, come into our country and commit such acts of violence?
I think a hard line must be taken, I feel no sorrow for them, they brought it on themselves. It's like Silver, he rants constantly about President Trump till nobody listens anymore.
Go load up your guns practice what your preach.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Ezra wrote: May 26th, 2017, 10:50 pm
eddie wrote: May 26th, 2017, 5:05 pm Why would we let a group who only believes in jihad, come into our country and commit such acts of violence?
Once again Ezra, have you ever served in the military? He Muslims need not to take root here as they have other countries, why do we let things get out of control until we take action? Illegal immigration should have been stopped long ago. Common sense isn't so common.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

eddie wrote: May 26th, 2017, 11:00 pm
Once again Ezra, have you ever served in the military? He Muslims need not to take root here as they have other countries, why do we let things get out of control until we take action? Illegal immigration should have been stopped long ago. Common sense isn't so common.
It's easy to send other people to fight to the death. If you want war. Load your guns and do it.

If you are not willing to go yourself or send your kids then it's just a bunch of hot air.

Actions instead of words.

What you are suggesting requires permission from God. (D&c 98)

If permission or commandment has not been given then what you are suggesting is not inline with God and I will continue to call you out on it.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Ezra wrote: May 26th, 2017, 11:12 pm
It's easy to send other people to fight to the death. If you want war. Load your guns and do it.

If you are not willing to go yourself or send your kids then it's just a bunch of hot air.

If permission or commandment has not been given then what you are suggesting is not inline with God and I will continue to call you out on it.
And its easy to sit back and enjoy the freedoms these brave men have given you, like grow your marijuana and run off at the mouth. I will continue to call you out on your lack of patriotism and a propensity to argue every subject. News flash, there is permission from God to protect liberty , freedom and families, obviously you haven't read the Book of Mormon. Try and keep up.

Read Alma 48

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

eddie wrote: May 26th, 2017, 11:33 pm
Ezra wrote: May 26th, 2017, 11:12 pm

And its easy to sit back and enjoy the freedoms these brave men have given you, like grow your marijuana and run off at the mouth. I will continue to call you out on your lack of patriotism and a propensity to argue every subject. News flash, there is permission from God to protect liberty , freedom and families, obviously you haven't read the Book of Mormon. Try and keep up.

Read Alma 48

What freedoms? More debt? More laws. More taxes. What freedoms have been gained by any wars or foreign aggression? Honestly name one freedom we have gained. You can't. Nice straw man. Patriotism doesn't equal freedoms. Patriotism equals blind followers to tyranny. Patriot act really gained freedoms there huh.

News flash wars of foreign aggression are not self protection. And it's you who needs not only read but actually ponder and take to heart the Book of Mormon.

Every war fought was on their own soil in self protection. Anytime they went on the offensive Gods protection was removed.

Why would God give us such clear guidance on war in both the Book of Mormon and d&c 98??? Why does he say that he will give us a commandment if it's justified? When has he ever given us a commandment to go to war? Any modern war? I don't remember every hearing the moderns prophets give that commandment.

Yet we have been scolded for being a warlike people. We have been commanded in scripture (that you ignore) to renounce war and proclaim peace.

I have many friend who currently serve in the military. Who have been to Afghanistan and who went to Iraq. My feelings on war have been deepened by their disgust of wars they fought. The corruption. The pointlessness of it.

Im am prepared to do as the righteous people's of the Book of Mormon did in protecting my homes and family and friends.

The USA will be destroyed if we continue to meddle in other countries affairs.

The backlash of our foreign meddling is what has caused so much of our current grief. You think continuing to meddle will solve it??? @-)

I don't grow marijuana. I grow industrial hemp for cbd oil and fiber. Once again I see how you are trying to twist things. The founding fathers of our country grew hemp as well.

Do yourself a favor and look up what the banking industry is in every county that went to war with befor and after.

You will find that in every case the county had gold or silver backed currency or very restrictive rules that didn't allow dept before. You know like what the constitution specifies we are supposed to have. Which we don't anymore because of corruption and evil. Which we then have spread to all those countries we went to war with.

We are not spreading more freedoms or gaining more. We are loosing freedoms with every conflict.

Awake to your awful situation.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I'd start by stopping the bombing hundreds of thousands of civilians.

I know if one of my loved ones was killed by another country dropping bombs on me, and if my country did not have the means to defend itself, it just *might* radicalize me to try to exact revenge. Based on the numbers we have killed, I'm frankly amazed that we don't have a hundredfold larger terrorist problem than we do.

I know that people make fun of presidents that go on "apology tours" but in all seriousness, there are countries that we owe an apology and then some.

I would extend the hand of friendship and trade to any nation that was willing to do so in good faith and that would respect the rights of its citizens.

I do feel that organizations that persisted in terrorism against the U.S. should be dealt with, but I think offering bounties for the leaders of these groups would be more cost effective and would have massively less collateral damage.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

And what if your loved one was killed this way;

BEIRUT, Lebanon — One of the worst chemical bombings in Syria turned a northern rebel-held area into a toxic kill zone on Tuesday, inciting international outrage over the ever-increasing government impunity shown in the country’s six-year war.

Dozens of people, including children, died — some writhing, choking, gasping or foaming at the mouth — after breathing in poison that possibly contained a nerve agent or other banned chemicals, according to witnesses, doctors and rescue workers. They said the toxic substance spread after warplanes dropped bombs in the early morning hours. Some rescue workers grew ill and collapsed from proximity to the dead.

Syria’s six-year-old civil war has been brutal, leading to a refugee crisis that is astonishing in its size and duration. Yet this week’s chemical attack on a village in a rebel-held area was one of the worst atrocities.

Doctors who treated the stricken and examined the dead say they were subjected to the banned nerve gas Sarin. Its use violates international law and civilized norms.

This line should not be crossed

Generally speaking, outside interference in civil wars is unwarranted and often counterproductive – no matter how well meaning.

But the use of chemical weapons crosses a line that should not be tolerated.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Rensai wrote: May 25th, 2017, 10:07 am Harakim, all the evidence is against what you say. You accuse others of uncritical thinking, but either you are actually describing yourself or you have not bothered to actually look at what has happened to europe. Even the state department has finally admitted the truth and placed a strong warning against traveling to europe.
I'm not moving to Europe, so this is a moot point. I'm talking about America. We can look to a country like denmark, but we should probably be fair statistically and look to countries like Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Russia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Austria, Holland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and probably other European countries who have large minorities of muslims, but aren't in the news for it. (France is in the news and I'm sure has more Muslims per capita.)

The part that you're missing is that muslims are one of the most benign groups in America.
The US government kills way more civilians per government worker.
Police kills more people per officer than muslims in the US.
HIspanics kill people at a higher ratio than muslims in the US.
Black people kill WAY more civilians per captia. They target night clubs, gas stations, and very often, homes.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... r_2013.xls

I would be surprised if, historically, muslims kill more Americans in America than the other way around. And one would have to be a complete imbecile to think muslims kill more americans than americans kill muslims worldwide.

I don't remember what I was saying about this:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/no- ... 0ce61b4b93

Muslims ARE a threat. Statistically slight more of a threat as dying tangled in your bedsheets. You know who is a bigger threat? White people, black people, Mexicans, the government, police, dogs, horses, deer, possibly poisonous plants...

And what are you talking about with the welfare stuff? All of the muslims I have met in the US were in school for (or practicing) engineers or doctors except a few Saudis in college who were here to drink. That's obviously not 100% true, but the call center at my company is staffed with white and hispanic people, not muslims.

So I guess what I'd like is for you to explain to me how muslims in the US are more dangerous than Mexicans, whites or blacks. And don't talk about Europe since they have the EU that allows terrorists to come in indiscriminately. Talk about the US.

Do I want to let lots of muslims in to the US? NO! Do I want to let a lot of non-Americans from any country into the US? Equally, NO! But muslims are not the most dangerous element in our society by a long shot.
Rensai wrote: May 25th, 2017, 10:07 am One last thing... your assertion that teancum was basically a suicide bomber is ridiculous too. He was nothing of the sort. He did not kill random people, he assassinated evil enemy generals/chiefs in a time of war. The book of mormon speaks highly of him because of his bravery in sneaking into lamanite camps to kill their wicked leaders, which actually saved nephite lives. He didn't go blow up a bunch of women and children or tourists, etc.
That's a good point.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

eddie wrote: May 27th, 2017, 8:01 am And what if your loved one was killed this way;

BEIRUT, Lebanon — One of the worst chemical bombings in Syria turned a northern rebel-held area into a toxic kill zone on Tuesday, inciting international outrage over the ever-increasing government impunity shown in the country’s six-year war.

Dozens of people, including children, died — some writhing, choking, gasping or foaming at the mouth — after breathing in poison that possibly contained a nerve agent or other banned chemicals, according to witnesses, doctors and rescue workers. They said the toxic substance spread after warplanes dropped bombs in the early morning hours. Some rescue workers grew ill and collapsed from proximity to the dead.

Syria’s six-year-old civil war has been brutal, leading to a refugee crisis that is astonishing in its size and duration. Yet this week’s chemical attack on a village in a rebel-held area was one of the worst atrocities.

Doctors who treated the stricken and examined the dead say they were subjected to the banned nerve gas Sarin. Its use violates international law and civilized norms.

This line should not be crossed

Generally speaking, outside interference in civil wars is unwarranted and often counterproductive – no matter how well meaning.

But the use of chemical weapons crosses a line that should not be tolerated.
In case you forgot, the previous chemical attacks turned out to be US supported rebels.
Here is some more food for thought
http://reason.com/archives/2017/03/24/d ... orist-atta

I am with Ezra. If you join the military and are prepared to fight in the wars you talk about, then you have some credibility. If you don't have skin in the game, you're just looking for a handout. Why do you think you can send other people to die in war so you can have a "safe space"?

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

harakim wrote: May 27th, 2017, 9:59 am
Rensai wrote: May 25th, 2017, 10:07 am Harakim, all the evidence is against what you say. You accuse others of uncritical thinking, but either you are actually describing yourself or you have not bothered to actually look at what has happened to europe. Even the state department has finally admitted the truth and placed a strong warning against traveling to europe.
I'm not moving to Europe, so this is a moot point. I'm talking about America. We can look to a country like denmark, but we should probably be fair statistically and look to countries like Kazakhstan, Bulgaria, Russia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Austria, Holland, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and probably other European countries who have large minorities of muslims, but aren't in the news for it. (France is in the news and I'm sure has more Muslims per capita.)
Europe is not a moot point, its an example of what bringing muslims into a western country will get you. But you want more examples..

Austria's in fear of migrants: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/758 ... ily-Vienna

russia plagued by islamic attacks: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/03 ... tacks.html

Philippines: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... -of-marawi

There is lots of news from any country with very many muslims in it.
harakim wrote: May 27th, 2017, 9:59 am The part that you're missing is that muslims are one of the most benign groups in America.
The US government kills way more civilians per government worker.
Police kills more people per officer than muslims in the US.
HIspanics kill people at a higher ratio than muslims in the US.
Black people kill WAY more civilians per captia. They target night clubs, gas stations, and very often, homes.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... r_2013.xls
The part your missing is even if they are peaceful for now, which they won't remain, but even if so, they still want to overthrow our government and replace it with Sharia! I showed you a poll already, over half of them admit they want Sharia. Their ideology allows all kinds of evil and barbaric practices and they will enact it anywhere they can.

Here's more about welfare for you:
91% of muslim refugees take welfare: http://investmentwatchblog.com/usa-musl ... o-go-back/

The point being, its not just about terror attacks, they are bad for our country in many other ways too.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

The Musings of the Big Red Car
51 years and 200,000 miles of wisdom

Syria — Messaging And Collateral Damage
Posted on April 7, 2017 by Big Red Car
Big Red Car here pondering the fallout from America’s fifty-nine Tomahawk cruise missile strike against the Syrian airbase from which Bashar al Assad launched the airborne Sarin gas attack against his people earlier this week. President Trump took it out without telegraphing the punch and without talking it to death. Ahh, that’s refreshing, no? Syria!

Last night at 8:30 EDT, the Trump administration gave the world an insight into how this President will conduct the affairs of America’s foreign policy.

Trump speech
This guy is now in charge. He is a guy who favors action over words. New foreign policy. New military awareness. New outcomes?

Today, the world will be sorting out the message delivered. The Big Red Car will help y’all with that.

Syria — how did we get here, Big Red Car?

Syrian is run by a butcher, Bashar al Assad, who has killed half a million of his own people. <<< Please read that again. 500,000 dead Syrians and the world is not doing anything to get rid of this POS.

His family has been running Syria for almost half a century. He inherited the title from his father, another ruthless butcher. Believe it or not, the son-of-a-&!@$# is a doctor who studied in London.

Thugs shaking hands. The guy on the left is the Butcher of Syria, Bashar al Assad. The guy on the right is the Devil, Vladimir Putin of Russia. This is the face of evil in the world. Remember this.

In the euphoria of the Arab Spring, the Syrians began to resist the repressive regime and the regime began to annihilate the resistance. The casualty rolls are horrific as al Assad has killed or wounded approximately twelve percent of the pre-war population of Syria. This includes almost 20,000 women and 12,000 children. This butcher makes war against women and children.

This has resulted in a flood of refugees — 5,000,000 who have fled the country and 6,000,000 who have been internally displace (meaning they are no longer in their homes but still within the territorial boundaries of Syria). All of these refugees have to be settled somewhere, right? The best solution would be to return Syria to peace and let them go home, no?

He has deployed soldiers with rifles and crew-served weapons (machine guns), artillery, bombs (barrel bombs), and chemical weapons.

The al Assad regime is propped up by the Russians who want to continue to use Syria for a warm water port and airfields in the Middle East. For Russia, a thuggery in its own right, it is all about sticking their finger in the world’s eye, confronting a weak American President Obama, and the strategic implications of military facilities while regaining influence in the Middle East, having been run off after the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

The Iranians have also stepped up their support of the al Assad regime which really clouds things as the Iranians have more than 100,000 troops in Iraq “helping” that country. If the war widens, the potential for a regional conflict driven by the Iranians is huge. The US under President Obama has really screwed Iraq up. We might as well have given Iraq to the Iranians as part of the Iranian nuclear deal.

What else, Big Red Car?

In addition to the above, the Obama administration floundered for eight years trying to sort out what it wanted to do in Syria. They whispered they were in favor of regime change and slipped support to those rebelling against al Assad. Not enough to make any real difference, but enough to let them chatter about it on Martha’s Vineyard and pretend they were badasses.

That created a problem because some of those folks they supported were al Qaeda in new robes or the beginnings of ISIS. ISIS has their freaking headquarters in Raqqa, Syria.

Then, President Obama in one of the most ill-advised utterances ever proclaimed that any additional use of chemical weapons would cross a RED LINE. He red lined them. [This is the diplomatic equivalent of your Dad saying, “You want me to stop this car? If I stop this car, somebody is getting a licking. You

Of course, as you know, when the Syrians actually used chemical weapons, our feckless President panicked and pretended to go to the Congress for authorization to use force (not actually required as there is a longstanding AUMF (authorization for the use of military force, a declaration of war bought on the cheap over at Overstock.com) and that didn’t go well.

The whole RED LINE crap turned into an embarrassing revelation of President Obama’s ineffectiveness and cowardice. Big talker, not so much on the doing. Made the US look stupid and weak.

So, the President did nothing. President is a bullsxxxx who actually never accomplished much while giving speech after speech after speech. [Admission: At first, the Big Red Car used to love to listen to the guy speechify. Not so much when they all turned out to be crap. The BRC did like the crying. Now, that was special, y’all.]

Then, there was the head fake with Syria turning in all of their chemical weapons — haha, the US cut a deal with a butcher to turn in all of his chemical weapons, paid for it, and just took him at his word, no kidding — and the US paying for their neutralization.

Hello, America, the butcher Bashar al Assad didn’t turn in ALL of his chemical weapons as recent events indicate. How stupid and naive can an administration be?

So, there you have it, feckless American foreign policy coupled with cowardly execution begat the Syrians, Russians, and the Iranians running amok with chemical weapons. Earlier this week, the Syrians used Sarin gas — a deadly nerve agent which assures immediate death — against their own people. Again. Again. Again.

Messages delivered

In addition to the obvious message — President Trump is not going to be telling the world about any RED LINES, he is going to take action without telegraphing it to the world. Syria wants to use an airfield to bomb its citizens with Sarin gas? This President is going to destroy that airfield. Game the on.

1. The Syrians and the Russians now know there is a new Sheriff in town and the Sheriff is not going to wait for the United Nations (whereat the Russians have a veto) to sit around and gaze at their navels while talking, talking, talking. This President is going to act and act with tactical surprise and fierceness.

2. The thug-love-prom-queen-date with Putin is in the trash can. Pretty sure this is going to take the starch out of the Trump-Putin thug love conspiracy theorists. Maybe not?

Putin picture middle finger
Hey, President Trump, you bombed my boys in Syria. WTF is up with that? They’re a sovereign country and I’ve had a good run with that Obama guy. Can we talk?

3. The Chinese President Xi was sitting down to a nice steak (no cheeseburgers as Candidate Trump threatened, broken campaign promise, y’all, one of the first) at Mar a Lago with President Trump and their wives when our President leaned over and said,

“By the way, President Xi, a minute ago, I had my Navy destroy the airfield from whence that butcher Assad mounted his chemical attack against his own people. Might want to consider that when we talk about whatwe’re going to do about that Kim Il Mojo. Your steak good? Bit of bernaise, maybe? Oh, yeah, we need to talk about your “instant islands” in the South China Sea. More mushrooms, pal?”

Hello, China. North Korea? Yeah, we have a lot more Tomahawk missiles.

4. The guy who lost his dinner last night was Kim Il Mojo the leader of North Korea who thinks he can be a nuclear pain in the entire world’s xxx with impunity. Hey, Kimmie, you’re next.

Kim 2
You’re next, Fat Boy. Yeah, you and your goofy hat and your goofy hatted generals. Get ready.

5. So, yes, the relationship with Russia is on a whole different plane now. No RESET madness. Reset this, Russkis!

Reset button
Says the Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov, “This is way too easy. This woman is nuts. I’m going to call Vladimir and tell him to move on the Crimea. These Americans are into pussy hats.”

And, so there you have it, dear reader. We are a long way from getting the mess in Syria fixed, but the United States of America has a new leader who is going to take forceful action and not talk the world to death. We have needed a doer and not a talker for a long time. This is a good first step.

Pray for our President. Pray for America. Pray for our armed forces. Pray for the world. Pray for peace, but be ready to fight for it. We might just have a chance.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Almost all refugees take welfare. I think I've realized we are talking about two different things. I am talking about muslims vs other people and you are talking about migrants for US citizens. I agree almost completely with your assessment of the migrant situation. You just keep saying it's muslims that are an issue.

Your russian article is a good piece of information. I'll have to investigate the Chechen war a little more before I can figure out how I feel about that. However, those attacks mentioned in the article, which happened over a span of 20 years, constitute less murders than happen every month in the US.

I think you do have some points regarding multi-culturalism:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-11559451
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzmzYUZ ... edit?pli=1

I'm just not convinced Muslims are more dangerous than any other ethnic minority.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Philippines: Hundreds-of-thousands flee city as ISIS terrorists “slaughter” Christians and capture churchgoers
May 26, 2017 | News |
Philippines: Hundreds-of-thousands flee city as ISIS terrorists “slaughter” Christians and capture churchgoers
Hundreds of thousands of civilians have fled the impoverished city of Marawi in the southern part of The Philippines amid reports that jihadis have begun slaughtering people they identify as Christians.

On Wednesday members of the ISIS-inspired Maute Islamist group stormed the Cathedral of Our Lady Help, in Marawi city on Mindanao island, and abducted church staff including Father Chito Suganob and worshipers.

‘They have threatened to kill the hostages if the government forces unleashed against them are not recalled,’ Filipino Archbishop Socrates Villegas said in a statement.

The bodies of nine people, reported to be Christians, were pictured lying dead in a field just outside the city on Thursday. They had been rounded up by ISIS troops, bound by their hands and shot dead in the field. And there are reports that this is just one of many cases where Christians are being slaughtered by the terrorist group.

Jan Yamit, a 23-year-old health worker, watched in horror as the militants shot a police officer and then a security guard before storming into the building he and his brother were in. They escaped using a plank of wood as a bridge to the build next to them.

“They kill defenceless people”, he said. “Those who were killed were Christians.”

The attacks on Christians have caused hundreds-of-thousands of people to flee the city, according to the Daily Mail. The Philippines military sent hundreds of soldiers and dozens of armoured vehicles to escort the civilians as they fled the area.

Philippine forces have been battling Islamic terrorists for control of the city of Marawai since Tuesday, when security forces raided a house they believed Isnilon Hapilon, leader of the infamous Abu Sayyaf kidnap gang and Philippine head of ISIS, was hiding.

The United States regards Hapilon as one of the world’s most dangerous terrorists, offering a bounty of $5million for his capture.

More than 100 gunmen responded to the raid by burning buildings, including churches, schools and a hospital, and conducting other diversionary tactics, according to Defence Secretary Delfin Lorenzana.

Security analysts say Hapilon has been trying to unite Filipino militant groups that have professed allegiance to IS.

Speaking on Friday, Solicitor General Jose Calida said: ‘What’s happening in Mindanao is no longer a rebellion of Filipino citizens.

‘It has transmogrified into invasion by foreign terrorists, who heeded the call of the ISIS to go to the Philippines if they find difficulty in going to Iraq and Syria.’

President Rodrigo Duterte, who has imposed martial law in the region, said on Friday that he is willing to talk with militants in order to resolve the crisis.

‘My message mainly to the terrorists on the other side is we can still solve this through dialogue,’ he said.

Despite wanting to resolve this issue through dialogue, Duterte is not shy of using military force against the terorrists. Backed by tanks and helicopters, Philippine government forces launched “precision attacks” Thursday to clear terrorists.

There are reports that around 11 government troops and 32 terrorists have been killed in the fighting.

The Philippines has the fourth largest Christian population in with world, with more than 92% of its 100 million people being Christian, mainly Catholic. Despite its large Christian population, the southern part of the country has long had trouble with Islamic terrorist groups.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

These two Kurdish women have the right idea. One ISIS member + a bullet to the head = no problem.