She's back...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

She's back...

Post by Silver »

Dear Abby,
You know who is not in the news enough lately? Hillary Clinton. Of course, I don't own a TEEVEE so I may be missing her on that particular medium. However, a woman of her talent doesn't need to be in a closet. In America we have a huge pile of troubles. All that experience of hers just going to waste is such a, well, waste.

Sincerely,
Silver

Dear Silver,
Have no fear, because she's back. To the rescue is the Harry Walker Agency. Self-styled as the "world's leading speakers bureau." They sell themselves like this:
"Representing the world's best speakers since 1946. From exclusive speakers you won't find anywhere else, to world leaders, business icons, bestselling authors, journalists and more — the Harry Walker Speakers Bureau connects you to sought-after speakers for extraordinary events" (close quote)

See Hillary, along with her dear husband, here: http://www.harrywalker.com/speakers#?te ... %20Clinton

It's funny, you know. I was sort of expecting her to be making license plates in the big house by now. Who knew that the voice of the people had chosen her for continued public speaking? I guess even though she killed people in Benghazi and cheated Bernie out of votes and then lost that antiquated old electoral college something or other, there are still companies that feel she has some influence in this big ol' globular-shaped (not flat) planet. They think there is still a quid pro quo when they put money into the pocket of ol' Hillary. How could that be?

Breathtaking, isn't it? After such an ignominious defeat, she displays a resurgence like no other. I'm so glad she's back out on the speaking trail. There must be many that need her vast experience and wisdom to improve the operations at their organization. They need her and they're willing to pay for her. What? You didn't think that the Harry Walker Agency had persuaded Hillary to speak for free, didja?

Ironically,
Abby

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: She's back...

Post by Silver »

http://www.harrywalker.com/speakers/hil ... m-clinton/
clinton_hillary.jpg
clinton_hillary.jpg (39.6 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
Hillary Rodham Clinton
EXCLUSIVE

2016 Democratic Presidential Nominee
67th Secretary of State of the United States, 2009 -2013
United States Senator (NY), 2001-2009
First Lady of the United States, 1993-2001

Hillary Rodham Clinton served as the 67th Secretary of State of the United States from January 21, 2009 until February 1, 2013, after nearly four decades in public service as an advocate, attorney, First Lady, and Senator.

NEW See what's new with Hillary Rodham Clinton >
INQUIRE ABOUT
AVAILABILITY & FEES Add to my speaker list

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Are you for real? She follows the adversaries play book, better them most men! If you knew all of her history, you would print out your words here and eat them.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

The following was written by Jeff Wise in 2013.
A patient lies in a hospital bed in the neurological ward, his head wrapped in bandages. He’s just suffered a major trauma to the brain. The injury has wiped out the region that controls motion in his left arm. More than that, it’s destroyed the man’s ability to even conceive of what moving his arm would be like.

He’s paralyzed, in other words, but he doesn’t know that. He can’t know.

“Would you be so kind as to raise your left hand?” his doctor asks.

“Certainly,” the patient. But the hand remains where it is. “It’s gotten tangled up in the sheets,” the man explains.

The doctor points out that his arm is lying free and unencumbered on top of the sheets.

“Well, yes,” the man says. “But I just don’t feel like lifting it right now.”

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: May 21st, 2017, 9:05 pm Are you for real? She follows the adversaries play book, better them most men! If you knew all of her history, you would print out your words here and eat them.
Somebody didn't read all the way to the end of the first post.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

How do you lie to the FBI and, I mean, the answer is: she lied. How do you lie to the FBI and now you're running for President? Seriously, how do you lie to the FBI and now you're running for President?

Just 42 seconds of flashback goodness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaDE-YqT09E

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Ezra Taft Benson, General Conference Talk – October 1967. Trust Not in the Arm of Flesh

In the Book of Mormon the prophet Nephi exclaims: “O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.” (2 Ne. 4:34.)

Prophesying of our day, Nephi said, “. . . they have all gone astray save it be a few, who are the humble followers of Christ; nevertheless, they are led, that in many instances they do err because they are taught by the precepts of men.” (2 Ne. 28:14.)

Precepts of men or principles of God

Yes, it is the precepts of men versus the principles of God. The more we follow the word of God, the less we are deceived, while those who follow the wisdom of men are deceived the most.

Increasingly the Latter-day Saints must choose between the reasoning of men and the revelations of God. This is a crucial choice, for we have those within the Church today who, with their worldly wisdom, are leading some of our members astray. President J. Reuben Clark, Jr., warned that “the ravening wolves are amongst us from our own membership and they, more than any others, are clothed in sheep’s clothing, because they wear the habiliments of the Priesthood. … We should be careful of them.” (The Improvement Era, May 1949, p. 268.)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

"Because you'd be in jail."

Consider how many of his ex-supporters could really get behind the president if he'd just follow through on something he claimed in a debate with her.

There is no justice. There is just us.

http://www.ajc.com/news/national/donald ... BMTkFDaGJ/

Donald Trump to Hillary Clinton: If I were president, 'you'd be in jail'
Betsi Fores 8:21 a.m. Monday, Oct. 10, 2016

When the subject of the 2005 video of Trump saying lewd things about women and the need for an apology arose, Trump responded by saying Clinton should be the one apologizing for her email scandal.

“But when you talk about apology, I think the ... thing that you should be apologizing for are the 33,000 e-mails that you deleted and that you acid-washed, and then the two boxes of emails and other things last week that were taken from an office and are now missing,” he said.

Trump went further about what he would do, should he become president.

"If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation because there has never been so many lies, so much deception," he said. "There has never been anything like it. And we're going to have a special prosecutor."

Clinton urged viewers to fact-check Trump's statements, adding, "You know, it is just awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law of the country.”

“Because you’d be in jail,” he replied as several people in the audience cheered.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

If Trump followed through on just that ONE thing ^^ - and did whatever necessary to put the demon witch in prison for life - I could forgive him of a multitude of other sins.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

EmmaLee wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 3:10 pm If Trump followed through on just that ONE thing ^^ - and did whatever necessary to put the demon witch in prison for life - I could forgive him of a multitude of other sins.
By this ye shall know that he and she are confederate under the flag of the Gadiantons. Making America great again was just a feel-good fantasy, finely tuned for Bubba and Bubbette of the red states.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Well I expect Hillary will be in the news more if there is ever a thorough investigation into the death of Seth Rich.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Original_Intent wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 3:16 pm Well I expect Hillary will be in the news more if there is ever a thorough investigation into the death of Seth Rich.
The Billary duo have been jailable for years. However, Trump remarked, "They're good people. She's been through a lot." Therefore, I'm keeping my justice meter set to the extremely low expectations level.

In the meantime, she's out there on the speech circuit as if nothing is wrong in the world.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

she is on drugs.jpg
she is on drugs.jpg (104.49 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
I know most of you can't get through the day without a dose of Hillary to help you recall the Marmalade In Chief's promise to lock her up so here's an article to warm the ol' cockles of your heart.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Hillary Clinton: Trump budget shows 'unimaginable cruelty'

Hillary Clinton proclaimed Tuesday that President Donald Trump's budget shows an "unimaginable level of cruelty" for millions of Americans and children.

The former Democratic presidential nominee, who recently declared herself part of the Trump resistance, lashed out at the Republican president's spending plan in aggressive terms after being honored in New York City by the Children's Health Fund, a nonprofit organization that helps provide health care to poor and homeless children.

"This administration and Republicans in Congress are mounting an onslaught against the needs of children and people with disabilities, women and seniors," Clinton charged.

She said the budget, which was released earlier in the day, "shows an unimaginable level of cruelty and lack of imagination and disdain for the struggles of millions of Americans, including millions of children."

She added, "None of us can remain silent in the face of these attacks." (close quote)

The woman obviously loves children (like yours to die in foreign wars). She's had a rough time though so go easy on her. Don't stop her from making $300,000 per speech. That's barely enough to live on while she's doing her jail-free noble work, thank you Marmalade!!!

Donald Trump could request Jeff Sessions to arrest Hillary today. Right now. But he doesn't, does he? Still building a case, you think?

I'll keep the light on for you Trumpsters.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

"Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!" Seems so nostalgic now, those words do. So naive, too. Lemme see...who was it that encouraged those chants?

Pure evil walks the streets and earns big bucks because Trump is a liar, a deceiver. Oh, and he's a murderer, too.

http://www.townandcountrymag.com/societ ... ing-today/

Here's What Hillary Clinton Is Doing Now
The former presidential candidate is launching a new organization called Onward Together.
hillary clinton GETTY

by CAROLINE HALLEMANN
MAY 26, 2017

After a few months living every New Yorkers' dream of spending her days hiking and her nights attending Broadway shows like Sunset Boulevard, The Color Purple, and In Transit, Hillary Clinton is stepping back into the political spotlight.

On Friday, she addressed the 2017 graduates at her alma mater, Wellesley College, 48 years after delivering the first-ever Wellesley college student commencement speech.

In her talk, Clinton joked that wine is what helped her get through last year's election loss. "You may have heard that things didn't go exactly as I planned but, you know what, I'm doing okay," she said.

"Long walks in the woods. Organizing my closets, right? I won't lie. Chardonnay helped a little too. Here's what helped most of all. Remembering who I am, where I come from, and what I believe."

But she also minced no words criticizing President Trump, and the political climate that has followed his inauguration. "You are graduating at a time when there is a full-fledged assault on truth and reason. Just log on to social media for ten seconds. It will hit you right in the face," she said.

"People denying science, concocting elaborate, hurtful conspiracies theories about child abuse rings operating out of pizza parlors. Drumming up rampant fear about undocumented immigrants, Muslims, minorities, the poor. Turning neighbor against neighbor and sowing division at a time when we desperately need unity. Some are even denying things we see with our own eyes. Like the size of crowds."

Watch the full speech here:

Or click here for a full transcript.

Last week, she announced that she is launching a new political organization called Onward Together, which will focus on "encouraging people to organize, get involved, and run for office."

15 May
Hillary Clinton ✔ @HillaryClinton
The last few months, I've been reflecting, spending time with family—and, yes, taking walks in the woods.
Follow

We're launching Onward Together to encourage people to get involved, organize, and even run for office. https://www.onwardtogether.org
3:12 PM - 15 May 2017
Photo published for Onward Together
Onward Together
Onward Together will encourage people to organize, get involved, and run for office.
onwardtogether.org
12,281 12,281 Retweets 30,041 30,041 likes

In a twitter post announcing the new platform, Clinton said, "This year hasn't been what I envisioned, but I know what I'm still fighting for: a kinder, big-hearted, inclusive America. Onward!"

Further social media posts explained that Onward Together will be working with Howard Dean and others help to support existing Democratic and social action groups including Emerge American, Run for Something, Color of Change, and Swing Left.

In an interview with Christiane Amanpour at a Women for Women International event in New York, the former presidential candidate said that she is now "part of the resistance," and despite no longer holding office, she considers herself to be an "activist citizen."

"I spent decades learning about what it would take to move our country forward—including people who clearly didn't vote for me—to try to make sure we dealt with a lot of these hard issues that are right around the corner like robotics and artificial intelligence and things that are really going to be upending the economy for the vast majority of Americans, to say nothing of the rest of the world," she said.

"I am going to publicly request that this administration not end our efforts making women's rights and opportunities central to American foreign policy and national security."

The former Secretary of State also revealed that she believes that both Russian president Vladimir Putin and Jim Comey's letter impacted the outcome of the 2016 election. "If the election had been on October 27, I would be your president," she said.

Earlier in the year, the former presidential candidate said, "I’m like a lot of my friends right now. I have a hard time watching the news, I’ll confess,” regarding Trump's shocking election. In a video of the event she also says, “I am ready to come out of the woods and to help shine a light on what is already happening around kitchen tables, at dinners like this.”

She's already making good on her promise.

After House Republicans pulled the bill that would overhaul the healthcare system, Clinton spoke out via Twitter: "Today was a victory for all Americans," she said, and then shared stories of Americans whose lives have been impacted by the Affordable Care Act.

Today was a victory for all Americans.
4:21 PM - 24 Mar 2017
66,533 66,533 Retweets 208,340 208,340 likes

24 Mar
Today was a victory for all Americans. pic.twitter.com/LX6lzQXtBR
Follow
But this fight isn't over yet and we can't forget who it's about. Here are some stories...
4:21 PM - 24 Mar 2017
5,744 5,744 Retweets 23,893 23,893 likes

Clinton doubled down on her statements in a speech at the 28th Annual Professional Business Women of California, again calling the Republican's failure to repeal and replace the ACA "a victory for all Americans."

She also discussed everyday sexism, calling attention to recent incidents involving Congresswoman Maxine Waters and journalist April Ryan, saying, "Too many women — especially women of color — have had a lifetime of practice taking precisely these kinds of indignities in stride,” Clinton said. “And any woman who thinks this couldn’t be directed at her is living in a dream world."

Clinton may be back in the political world, but she has "all but ruled out" resuming work at her family's foundation, reports the Hill. According to multiple sources, the former Secretary of State has no plans to return to the non-profit, which proved to be so controversial during her presidential campaign.

The former Secretary of State has also announced she is working on a new book of essays offering readers a window into her experience during the 2016 election. The currently untitled memoir, which will debut this fall from Simon & Schuster, reportedly centers around Clinton's favorite quotations.

"These are the words I live by," Clinton said in a statement. "These quotes have helped me celebrate the good times, laugh at the absurd times, persevere during the hard times and deepen my appreciation of all life has to offer."

"I hope by sharing these words and my thoughts about them, the essays will be meaningful for readers," Clinton added.

In addition to the essays, Clinton is writing on a children's version of her 1995 book, It Takes a Village. Net proceeds will go to charity. (Her daughter Chelsea is also at work on a children's book, this one entitled She Persisted.)

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Heard on the radio this morning that someone has actually printed a batch of "Clinton/Clinton in 2020" bumper stickers - meaning Hillary for president and Chelsea for vice-president. Someone kill me now.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

EmmaLee wrote: June 1st, 2017, 12:46 pm Heard on the radio this morning that someone has actually printed a batch of "Clinton/Clinton in 2020" bumper stickers - meaning Hillary for president and Chelsea for vice-president. Someone kill me now.
Vegas bookies already have them up 55% to Trump's 44.99% with 0.01% solidly backing Darrell Castle. (The Lord told us the laborers would be few.)

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

I was hoping we wouldn't have to see her, or her fake doubles. Can't her and Bill just ride off into the sunset and spend the money they stole from Haiti?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

OCDMOM wrote: June 1st, 2017, 3:36 pm I was hoping we wouldn't have to see her, or her fake doubles. Can't her and Bill just ride off into the sunset and spend the money they stole from Haiti?
She's got to continue to work for those who donated so much. Hillary for Prison, 2017.