Stake president shared First presidency letter

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
kfb
captain of 100

Stake president shared First presidency letter

Post by kfb »

On "Energy Healing". It was read to our ward council. The warning contained council about seeking healing outside of the role of the priesthood and priesthood blessings. Also warned of practices where members are charging for healing services. This stuff must be getting popular amongst the saints. Sounds like LD priestcraft.

Mcox
captain of 100

Re: Stake president shared First presidency letter

Post by Mcox »

Where is your stake? I'm interested why a letter is read in one Stake, and not in another? Our stake has so many energy healers, a letter would be a blessing! Was the letter read in each ward? Was the letter read by the bishopric? Did the letter come from the first presidency?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

kfb wrote: May 21st, 2017, 6:22 pm On "Energy Healing". It was read to our ward council. The warning contained council about seeking healing outside of the role of the priesthood and priesthood blessings. Also warned of practices where members are charging for healing services. This stuff must be getting popular amongst the saints. Sounds like LD priestcraft.

Practices where members are charging for healing services. Goodbye all doctors. Sounds like a step in the right direction to me. Our modern medicine practices are killing so many innocent people.

kfb
captain of 100

Post by kfb »

Letter Given to Bishop from Stake Pres. Signed by First presidency, and read to council.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I share the question posed by Mcox. I show up early for church so I wouldn't have missed anything and no letter was read. Nothing was said in any of the meetings either.
In the past when a letter is read in sacrament meeting I have been able to go read the letter at lds.org. But today I find no mention of such a letter at the church website.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

kfb wrote: May 21st, 2017, 7:33 pm Letter Given to Bishop from Stake Pres. Signed by First presidency, and read to council.
Thanks for the response. How was the letter received in your ward council? I think the letter was given to read at the discretion of the Stake presidencies? Since not every stake has issues with energy healing?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

kfb wrote: May 21st, 2017, 7:33 pm Letter Given to Bishop from Stake Pres. Signed by First presidency, and read to council.
So how was the letter received? It seems EH is popular around here , if this letter was issued by the First Presidency wouldn't it be on the church web site?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

I'd love to see a copy or verifiable proof. I've not heard anything about it either.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

brianj wrote: May 21st, 2017, 7:36 pm I share the question posed by Mcox. I show up early for church so I wouldn't have missed anything and no letter was read. Nothing was said in any of the meetings either.
In the past when a letter is read in sacrament meeting I have been able to go read the letter at lds.org. But today I find no mention of such a letter at the church website.
It was read to the Ward Council.
Nowhere is the claim made that it was read in sacrament meeting.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Are you sure that it really was an official letter signed by FP? It is not customary to have these kind of letters be read in a ward council. Also, it is not in the Official communication library. Could it be that this was just something that the SP did? Maybe the letter was actually the statement from the church spokesman.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

This sounds like a whisper campaign to me. Why just read it to the ward council and not the ward, since it's from the First Presidency? Wouldn't that qualify this as revelation?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

The First Presidency would not put out a letter that said not to go people who charge for healing, outside of PH and PH blessings, as that encompasses the entire mainstream medical profession, chiropractors, acupuncture, and all of Big Pharma. The Church legal department would not approve a statement containing the wording you said your Bishop used. I call Fake News on this.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Lizzy60 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 8:18 am The First Presidency would not put out a letter that said not to go people who charge for healing, outside of PH and PH blessings, as that encompasses the entire mainstream medical profession, chiropractors, acupuncture, and all of Big Pharma. The Church legal department would not approve a statement containing the wording you said your Bishop used. I call Fake News on this.
The OP specifically says on "energy healing". But yes, we'll see.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

I think this is an old letter that the stake president probably re-shared as that happens often if they feel like a ward needs to hear it. I know there was a letters years back that talked about self help groups etc.

I checked online as there is a place you can see all the letters issued by the church. I think access may be tied to your calling from what I hear but with my calling I have access to all of them and I don't see anything in the past couple years that was issued in regards to energy healing- although I would welcome it if it was.

here is the location to all the letters issued: letters.lds.org/

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

e-eye2.0 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 10:11 am I think this is an old letter that the stake president probably re-shared as that happens often if they feel like a ward needs to hear it. I know there was a letters years back that talked about self help groups etc.

I checked online as there is a place you can see all the letters issued by the church. I think access may be tied to your calling from what I hear but with my calling I have access to all of them and I don't see anything in the past couple years that was issued in regards to energy healing- although I would welcome it if it was.

here is the location to all the letters issued: letters.lds.org/
I didn't see anything there either, and the earliest FP letter is dated 2005. I'm attaching the letter e-eye referred to, which is the closest thing I could find. kfb, is there any way you could provide any more details on the letter you're talking about? Was it this one?
11711_000.pdf
FP Letter on Self-awareness groups 13 Oct 2010
(19.52 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

kfb wrote: May 21st, 2017, 6:22 pm On "Energy Healing". It was read to our ward council. The warning contained council about seeking healing outside of the role of the priesthood and priesthood blessings. Also warned of practices where members are charging for healing services. This stuff must be getting popular amongst the saints. Sounds like LD priestcraft.
Was this what was read in your ward council?'
"We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises-in exchange for money-miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders,” (LDS church spokesman Eric Hawkins)

Most likely there's a problem with this in your ward or stake and so they read this official statement put out by the church after a news story aired regarding 'christ centered' energy healing which some LDS are involved in.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

The church did indeed put out a statement of caution specifically about 'christ centered' energy healing because some LDS are involved with it. I posted the statement in my last post.

There is a thread about the news program and the statement in the Gospel discussions section if any are interested;
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=45276

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

AI2.0 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 12:23 pm The church did indeed put out a statement of caution specifically about 'christ centered' energy healing because some LDS are involved with it. I posted the statement in my last post.

There is a thread about the news program and the statement in the Gospel discussions section if any are interested;
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=45276

Christ centered healing and cautions about being involved in it seems to be a contradiction.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:17 pmChrist centered healing and cautions about being involved in it seems to be a contradiction.
How? Just to clarify, this is energy healing; not just any healing. Also with claims to it being Christ-centered.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Jonesy1982 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:35 pm
Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:17 pmChrist centered healing and cautions about being involved in it seems to be a contradiction.
How? Just to clarify, this is energy healing; not just any healing. Also with claims to it being Christ-centered.
All priesthood blessings are Christ centered and use the energy of God through faith. Or at least they should.

Lds are not the only people God calls his people he has other folds. There have been many documented healings of others by people who are not lds.

We don't somehow have a monopoly of being able to talk to God and have faith in his works. He loves all his children the same and will bless them the same if they are simply humble followers of him.

My comments is that it makes no sense to caution people who are doing Christ centered works. Unless you don't want Christ centered work happening that is.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

And "in exchange for money" -

"We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises-in exchange for money-miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders,” (LDS church spokesman Eric Hawkins)

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:48 pm
All priesthood blessings are Christ centered and use the energy of God through faith. Or at least they should.

Lds are not the only people God calls his people he has other folds. There have been many documented healings of others by people who are not lds.

We don't somehow have a monopoly of being able to talk to God and have faith in his works. He loves all his children the same and will bless them the same if they are simply humble followers of him.

My comments is that it makes no sense to caution people who are doing Christ centered works. Unless you don't want Christ centered work happening I MMIH is.
I may have different beliefs about priesthood authority...

So, you would have no problem going to anybody that claims Christ-centered healing?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Jonesy1982 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:53 pm

My comments is that it makes no sense to caution people who are doing Christ centered works. Unless you don't want Christ centered work happening I MMIH is.

So, you would have no problem going to anybody that claims Christ-centered healing?

I would much rather go to anyone then to the modern pristcraft medical institutions. The AMA admits wrongfully killing about a half a million every year in the USA. Not to mention the millions of baby's they kill every year with abortions. You think that god can possibly have any love for that horrible institution??

We are perfectly capable of our own health and healings. The scriptures tell us so. The word of wisdom tells us so.

But to answer your question yes. Christ centered healings are what we all should be doing. Not putting our trust in the arm of flesh.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 8:24 pm

I would much rather go to anyone then to the modern pristcraft medical institutions. The AMA admits wrongfully killing about a half a million every year in the USA. Not to mention the millions of baby's they kill every year with abortions. You think that god can possibly have any love for that horrible institution??

We are perfectly capable of our own health and healings. The scriptures tell us so. The word of wisdom tells us so.

But to answer your question yes. Christ centered healings are what we all should be doing. Not putting our trust in the arm of flesh.
Absolutely, there are better means than those institutions!

Yes? Ok, I didn't expect that answer. In that case, I think a caution is perfectly acceptable and necessary. It seems fairly naive to not think people who claim Christ-centered healings may be doing it just for the money, or worse, other reasons.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Jonesy1982 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 9:08 pm
Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 8:24 pm

Absolutely, there are better means than those institutions!

Yes? Ok, I didn't expect that answer. In that case, I think a caution is perfectly acceptable and necessary. It seems fairly naive to not think people who claim Christ-centered healings may be doing it just for the money, or worse, other reasons.
Other reasons like love,charity and kindness? Sounds horrible :-o

People claiming to be Christ centered and being Christ centered are often 2 different things for sure. If they are claiming it in ignorance while honestly doing their best is a very forgivable thing. If they say that to deceive then shame on them.