Stake president shared First presidency letter

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Re: Stake president shared First presidency letter

Post by Jonesy »

Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
And I agree.

People are allowed to make a living off their trade though. There is a balance.
Okay, because before you said that it was a contradiction to warn against that. I guess that's where I got confused. And if their trade is to con people, that's not cool.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

EmmaLee wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:51 pm
Jonesy1982 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:35 pm
Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:17 pmChrist centered healing and cautions about being involved in it seems to be a contradiction.
How? Just to clarify, this is energy healing; not just any healing. Also with claims to it being Christ-centered.
And "in exchange for money" -

"We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises-in exchange for money-miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders,” (LDS church spokesman Eric Hawkins)
As Ezra was saying, this is wonderful, as it shuts down doctors, dentists, chiropractors, etc.

The church seems pretty inarticulate about it, too.

Now, if you promise non-miraculous healings, such as paying lots of money to a psychiatrist, psychologist, counselor, or half the doctors we've gone to, you're ok. #-o

Or if you miraculously heal with special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders, but not in exchange for money, you're ok. #-o

The letter is currently not about Christ-centered healing, though that is what AI 2.0 interprets it to mean. It means "be cautious", don't get scammed.

Hopefully the leaders will actually try to understand it all, and take care of it correctly. For instances of contrary, look to the building program in Europe, and the French mission apostasy fiasco. For a nearer look, listen to the opening of President Utchdorf's October 2015 talk in GC.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

kfb wrote: May 21st, 2017, 6:22 pmSounds like LD priestcraft.
Kinda like selling tee shirts and wrist bands #ponderize

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

JohnnyL wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 7:44 am
Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:17 pmChrist centered healing and cautions about being involved in it seems to be a contradiction.
How? Just to clarify, this is energy healing; not just any healing. Also with claims to it being Christ-centered.

"We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises-in exchange for money-miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders,” (LDS church spokesman Eric Hawkins)
As Ezra was saying, this is wonderful, as it shuts down doctors, dentists, chiropractors, etc.

Now, if you promise non-miraculous healings, such as paying lots of money to a psychiatrist, psychologist, counselor, or half the doctors we've gone to, you're ok. #-o

Or if you miraculously heal with special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders, but not in exchange for money, you're ok. #-o

The letter is currently not about Christ-centered healing, though that is what AI 2.0 interprets it to mean. It means "be cautious", don't get scammed.

Hopefully the leaders will actually try to understand it all, and take care of it correctly. For instances of contrary, look to the building program in Europe, and the French mission apostasy fiasco. For a nearer look, listen to the opening of President Utchdorf's October 2015 talk in GC.
I agree with some of what you say, Johnny. I think the Church could have been more specific with their statement above - IMO, they should have said "alleged Christ-centered healing in exchange for money", or something similar, if that is in fact what they were referring to.

As for other "healers", such as medical doctors and the like - none that I have personally been to (which isn't many, as I try to avoid them if at all possible), have invoked the name of Christ as they take my money. If they have, it wasn't in my presence or with my knowledge, so any infraction or stepping into priest-craft is 100% on them. I do firmly believe in trying to take care of our own bodies (and minds) as much as possible on our own - becoming educated, eating properly, exercising properly, avoiding garbage to the body and mind, etc.

In regards to getting scammed - that is a very real issue, regardless of who someone goes to for "healing" - it can apply to a great spectrum of people these days, sadly, IMO. Many (most?) Mormons tend to be very trusting and some-what naive, so our population does get scammed an inordinate amount, from what I've seen. In the end, I'm very careful of who I give my money to - as we all should be.

I'm curious about this comment of yours - "...look to the building program in Europe, and the French mission apostasy fiasco." Are you referring to this - "Major Contraction of LDS Church in Europe and the Netherlands Beginning", and what happened in the French mission in the 1950's? If not, I'm not sure what you're referring to, so would you please elaborate?

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

kfb wrote: May 21st, 2017, 6:22 pm On "Energy Healing". It was read to our ward council. The warning contained council about seeking healing outside of the role of the priesthood and priesthood blessings. Also warned of practices where members are charging for healing services. This stuff must be getting popular amongst the saints. Sounds like LD priestcraft.
Do you live in Utah? I'm waiting for energy healing to get popular Arizona (I'm not into it). My Stake President hasn't announced anything yet. I do hear in Utah it is becoming popular. And it IS Latter-Day preistcraft.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Does it work? That's all I want to know.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 8:24 pm
Jonesy1982 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:53 pm
Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:48 pm

All priesthood blessings are Christ centered and use the energy of God through faith. Or at least they should.

Lds are not the only people God calls his people he has other folds. There have been many documented healings of others by people who are not lds.

We don't somehow have a monopoly of being able to talk to God and have faith in his works. He loves all his children the same and will bless them the same if they are simply humble followers of him.

My comments is that it makes no sense to caution people who are doing Christ centered works. Unless you don't want Christ centered work happening I MMIH is.
I may have different beliefs about priesthood authority...

So, you would have no problem going to anybody that claims Christ-centered healing?

I would much rather go to anyone then to the modern pristcraft medical institutions. The AMA admits wrongfully killing about a half a million every year in the USA. Not to mention the millions of baby's they kill every year with abortions. You think that god can possibly have any love for that horrible institution??

We are perfectly capable of our own health and healings. The scriptures tell us so. The word of wisdom tells us so.

But to answer your question yes. Christ centered healings are what we all should be doing. Not putting our trust in the arm of flesh.
That's funny stuff.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

I love it when people are wrong and know it and still double down on their falsity--perhaps scamming people with modern witchcraft, priestcraft and made up pseudo science mumbo jumbo tends to cloud one's faculties?
Last edited by DesertWonderer on May 23rd, 2017, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

DesertWonderer wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 11:16 am
Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 8:24 pm
Jonesy1982 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:53 pm
Ezra wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 2:48 pm

All priesthood blessings are Christ centered and use the energy of God through faith. Or at least they should.

Lds are not the only people God calls his people he has other folds. There have been many documented healings of others by people who are not lds.

We don't somehow have a monopoly of being able to talk to God and have faith in his works. He loves all his children the same and will bless them the same if they are simply humble followers of him.

My comments is that it makes no sense to caution people who are doing Christ centered works. Unless you don't want Christ centered work happening I MMIH is.
I may have different beliefs about priesthood authority...

So, you would have no problem going to anybody that claims Christ-centered healing?

I would much rather go to anyone then to the modern pristcraft medical institutions. The AMA admits wrongfully killing about a half a million every year in the USA. Not to mention the millions of baby's they kill every year with abortions. You think that god can possibly have any love for that horrible institution??

We are perfectly capable of our own health and healings. The scriptures tell us so. The word of wisdom tells us so.

But to answer your question yes. Christ centered healings are what we all should be doing. Not putting our trust in the arm of flesh.
That's funny stuff.
Yes the deaths of innocent unborn baby's always makes me laugh too. @-)

Oh wait I don't find that funny at all. :-w

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

^^^Elder Nelson was a member of the AMA and supports the current medical establishment. You cannot therefore sustain him as a PSR, right? What about SWK? He even had surgery done in a hospital / butcher institution. He must be wrong too? Actually all of the PSR's as they age have had serious conditions treated by real doctors with real medicine. How can you listen to anything they have to say?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

DesertWonderer wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 11:51 am ^^^Elder Nelson was a member of the AMA and supports the current medical establishment. You cannot therefore sustain him as a PSR, right? What about SWK? He even had surgery done in a hospital / butcher institution. He must be wrong too? Actually all of the PSR's as they age have had serious conditions treated by real doctors with real medicine. How can you listen to anything they have to say?
Agency is a wonderful thing isn't it.

A institute that is corrupt is evil and doesn't serve God. Period.

I've been to the ER back in my younger years. Does that make me evil. No. My mother is a RN. Does that make her evil? No.

It makes the institute that she works for currupt and not inline with God. Did she know that when she started to work for them? No. But she has woken up to that fact. And even though she is choosing to continue working Tell she retires in a few years that doesn't make her evil either. That's part of agency.

If I was me In her shoes I would separate myself completely from it.

So your point is l moot.

Our prophets have taught of the dangers and curruption and evils of our socialized public education systems. And yet many of our leaders were taught there and their kids are taught there.
It doesn't change that the socialized pubic school system is evil. Are the people that go there evil??? No. But they are more and more likely to become currupt themselfs with the teaching that are being taught there. And even though we have been warned by prophets and scripture we have agency.

We have been warned of the dangers and evils of wars that are unjustified by God. Wars of forgine aggression. Yet many lds are currently enlisted and part of those unjustified wars. Does that make them evil??? No.

But I dare say that in each and every case of individuals being part of a currupt institute or action either in ignorance or with knowledge are going to be judged for not standing apart especially when we have been warned. I hope for their own sakes that the individual goods they do out weight the support they gave to those institutions and actions.

If you can find fault in that logic I would love to hear it.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

pssssssst...Let me let you in on a little secret. The AMA is not evil. Doctors are not evil. Modern pharmaceuticals are not evil. Public school is not evil. Nurses are not evil. Vaccinations are not evil.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

DesertWonderer wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 4:52 pm pssssssst...Let me let you in on a little secret. The AMA is not evil. Doctors are not evil. Modern pharmaceuticals are not evil. Public school is not evil. Nurses are not evil. Vaccinations are not evil.
First off I already said that my mom is a nurse and is not evil. All your trying to do by lumping all those things together is to take away from the evil of one by trying to tie it to something that is not.

Straw-man logic.

Awake to your awful situation. That's a commandment from God.

If you haven't figured out the evils of all of those things you just wrote about. All I can say is wake up. Do some critical thinking and studying because you are currently being deceived into calling good bad and bad good just as nephi said would be the case in 2 nephi.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Ezra wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 12:32 pm
But I dare say that in each and every case of individuals being part of a corrupt institute or action either in ignorance or with knowledge are going to be judged for not standing apart especially when we have been warned. I hope for their own sakes that the individual goods they do out weight the support they gave to those institutions and actions.

Ezra wrote:
My mother is a RN. Does that make her evil? No.

It makes the institute that she works for corrupt and not inline with God. Did she know that when she started to work for them? No. But she has woken up to that fact. And even though she is choosing to continue working until she retires in a few years that doesn't make her evil either. That's part of agency.
Ezra wrote:

First off I already said that my mom is a nurse and is not evil.
I sense some cognitive dissonance.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

shadow wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 5:31 pm
But I dare say that in each and every case of individuals being part of a corrupt institute or action either in ignorance or with knowledge are going to be judged for not standing apart especially when we have been warned. I hope for their own sakes that the individual goods they do out weight the support they gave to those institutions and actions.

Ezra wrote:

It makes the institute that she works for corrupt and not inline with God. Did she know that when she started to work for them? No. But she has woken up to that fact. And even though she is choosing to continue working until she retires in a few years that doesn't make her evil either. That's part of agency.
Ezra wrote:

Fine my mother is evil.

=))

I know my mom. She has he faults like everyone. She is a kind person who is good to people.

Vs

AMA. Kills a million plus innocent unborn baby's every year.

If they only did acts of evil do you think the pubic would stand for it?? I don't think so. Satan is smart. He prays on people's weaknesses. He tells 9 truths for every lie. He uses institutions to do evil but also enough good or "perceived" good to hide the the hidden agenda. Slowly degrading people's knowledge and morals to where he can add do more evil and get away with it.

Guns kill around 20,000 in the us every year. And we hear all about that. The AMA kills around half a million every year from "errors." And over a million unborn babies. And what do we hear.......... nothing

You think God has any love for the AMA?

3 Nephi 27:11
But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season and by and by the end cometh, and they are hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence there is no return.

Is the AMA built on Gods gospel? No.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Using the wow to heal people using the priesthood to heal people using faith to heal people Are however completely inline with Gods gospel.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

People, in a day and age when so many things can be freely found and read, it's imperative to seek out truth. If you don't understand the history, ways, and what so many institutions are doing, go find out. Yeah, it hurts at first, just like anyone finding out the painful truth--which is why the great majority will quickly stop and mock those that have kept on going. Try it. ;)

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

I pay my kid's pediatrician and they're a Christ- centered doctor's office, AMA and everything. I think it's great to have a doctor that openly worships God. Their practice is called All God's Children, they have Bible paintings all over the walls, and when I told them I didn't want to vaccinate the doctor said "God gave you this child and so He has determined that you are the one to make the decisions for her and we respect God's will in choosing you."

They'll pray with you if you want and they attribute their success in medicine and healing to God.

Isn't this the way all businesses should be? Every time someone complimented me at work I attributed my success to the spirit working through me. After all, the Spirit will teach us the truth of all things. That includes any business, medicine or otherwise.

Every time you earn a dollar you should give thanks to God; every time you work it should be Christ-centered. It's OK to pray to have God's spirit help you do miraculous things at the workplace, including healing.
Amulek taught:

24 Cry unto him over the crops of your fields, that ye may prosper in them.

25 Cry over the flocks of your fields, that they may increase.

Are we wanting our doctors to check God at the door when they clock-in for work? Was it not God who gave doctors their skills? Should they not rely on His spirit to help heal people and then give God the glory?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

butterfly wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 9:30 pm I pay my kid's pediatrician and they're a Christ- centered doctor's office, AMA and everything. I think it's great to have a doctor that openly worships God. Their practice is called All God's Children, they have Bible paintings all over the walls, and when I told them I didn't want to vaccinate the doctor said "God gave you this child and so He has determined that you are the one to make the decisions for her and we respect God's will in choosing you."

They'll pray with you if you want and they attribute their success in medicine and healing to God.

Isn't this the way all businesses should be? Every time someone complimented me at work I attributed my success to the spirit working through me. After all, the Spirit will teach us the truth of all things. That includes any business, medicine or otherwise.

Every time you earn a dollar you should give thanks to God; every time you work it should be Christ-centered. It's OK to pray to have God's spirit help you do miraculous things at the workplace, including healing.
Amulek taught:

Are we wanting our doctors to check God at the door when they clock-in for work? Was it not God who gave doctors their skills? Should they not rely on His spirit to help heal people and then give God the glory?
That's cool that you have found that.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

EmmaLee wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 8:44 am

I'm curious about this comment of yours - "...look to the building program in Europe, and the French mission apostasy fiasco." Are you referring to this - "Major Contraction of LDS Church in Europe and the Netherlands Beginning", and what happened in the French mission in the 1950's? If not, I'm not sure what you're referring to, so would you please elaborate?
Europe part: http://www.mormonstories.org/baseballbaptisms.html
Yeah on the French mission thing (and that was only a very small part of it). My opinion is that mission presidents and general authorities weren't following the Spirit, letting their prejudices and biases get in their way.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

butterfly wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 9:30 pm I pay my kid's pediatrician and they're a Christ- centered doctor's office, AMA and everything. I think it's great to have a doctor that openly worships God. Their practice is called All God's Children, they have Bible paintings all over the walls, and when I told them I didn't want to vaccinate the doctor said "God gave you this child and so He has determined that you are the one to make the decisions for her and we respect God's will in choosing you."

Amulek taught:

Oh no, oh my!! They are certainly less righteous than the atheists, because the atheist doctors don't pray for you or do what they do in the name of Jesus. ;)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Ezra wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 7:48 pm

Ezra wrote:

Ezra wrote:

Fine my mother is evil.

=))

I know my mom. She has he faults like everyone. She is a kind person who is good to people.

Vs

If they only did acts of evil do you think the pubic would stand for it?? I don't think so. Satan is smart. He prays on people's weaknesses. He tells 9 truths for every lie. He uses institutions to do evil but also enough good or "perceived" good to hide the the hidden agenda. Slowly degrading people's knowledge and morals to where he can add do more evil and get away with it.

Guns kill around 20,000 in the us every year. And we hear all about that. The AMA kills around half a million every year from "errors." And over a million unborn babies. And what do we hear.......... nothing

But if it be not built upon my gospel, and is built upon the works of men, or upon the works of the devil, verily I say unto you they have joy in their works for a season and by and by the end cometh, and they are hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence there is no return.

Ahhh! Have you ever seen or read anywhere of a gun killing anyone without anyone's finger on the trigger? Guns do not kill people. Evil men using a gun as a killing tool is the problem.

Can't compare guns with AMA. It is evil people doing hideous acts that kill God's children. Abortion and genocide have the same results...death of humans of all ages.

Do you presume to think all the wars read about in the Book of Mormon were unnecessary? A war is justified when homes, families, faith, liberty and freedom are at stake. Moroni didn't sit on his butt and say "oh well, we can't do anything about losing our lives, liberty and freedom." Nor did Helaman and other great, righteous warriors.

Now, when it comes to energy healing, which is nothing more than priestcraft...there is a scripture that describes this very eloquently:

3 Nephi 14
22 Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name, and in thy name have cast out devils, and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them: I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mosiah 5:13
13 For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?

D&C 112:26
26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord

By merely saying "in the name of Jesus Christ" doesn't mean a thing if the practitioner does not yearn for righteous and serve God 24/7.

Moroni 4:3
3 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it; that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him, and keep his commandments which he hath given them, that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

freedomforall wrote: May 24th, 2017, 5:06 am
Ezra wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 7:48 pm

Ezra wrote:

Ezra wrote:

Fine my mother is evil.

=))

Vs

Ahhh! Have you ever seen or read anywhere of a gun killing anyone without anyone's finger on the trigger? Guns do not kill people. Evil men using a gun as a killing tool is the problem.

Can't compare guns with AMA. It is evil people doing hideous acts that kill God's children. Abortion and genocide have the same results...death of humans of all ages.

Do you presume to think all the wars read about in the Book of Mormon were unnecessary? A war is justified when homes, families, faith, liberty and freedom are at stake. Moroni didn't sit on his butt and say "oh well, we can't do anything about losing our lives, liberty and freedom." Nor did Helaman and other great, righteous warriors.

Now, when it comes to energy healing, which is nothing more than priestcraft...there is a scripture that describes this very eloquently:

3 Nephi 14
22 Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name, and in thy name have cast out devils, and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them: I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mosiah 5:13
13 For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?

D&C 112:26
26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord

By merely saying "in the name of Jesus Christ" doesn't mean a thing if the practitioner does not yearn for righteous and serve God 24/7.

Moroni 4:3
3 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it; that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him, and keep his commandments which he hath given them, that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.
I am not talking about energy healing. I have been talking about Christ centered healings. Faith.pristhood. And through the words of wisdom.

My reference of guns was to only demonstrate how compared to the AMA the number they kill through evils hands is hardly any vs the ama.

Thanks for agreeing that guns cannot compare to the horrible acts of abortions done by the AMA.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Still no clarification from the OP as to what letter started this whole discussion.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Michelle wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 11:21 pm I think many here are missing the point.

This isn't "Christ centered healing" : a group of adjectives used to describe relying on our Heavenly Father, excercising faith and being healed whether or not the priesthood is used, by submitting to His will.

This is "Christ Centered Healing" : a phrase chosen and used in a specific manner by a specific group of people to describe energy healing and priestcraft.

Any person who prays to God, in the name of Christ and receives a blessing of healing has experienced "Christ centered healing."

Any person who pays someone to use various "modalities" to heal including but not limited to occult behaviors, and who probably paid a handsome fee to learn those modalities is engaged in "Christ Centered Healing."

Christ centered healing; Thy will be done.

Christ Centered Healing: My will be done.

Not the same.

As a side note, I often feel like a careful reading of the Bible, both Old and New Testament would clear up a lot of this particular confusion. I love the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, The Pearl of Great Price. I also love the clarity of the Bible in these matters. If you need some inspiration to read the Bible, try "Fires of Faith: The Coming Forth of the King James Version of the Bible" on byu.tv.

http://www.byutv.org/Show/123d4a82-3d47 ... 96a5a1ff2c
If you are referring to Ezra's, JohnnyL's and Butterfly's comments, I don't think they are really THAT dense, I believe they know exactly what is being referred to. I know that Johnny is an energy practitioner, so HE certainly knows, I assume Ezra and Butterfly are not practitioners (???) but are defenders of the practice, maybe they use it. I think they are doing their best to muddy the discussion because they don't like to fact that the Church put out a statement that cautioned against 'Christ centered ENERGY HEALING' which they apparently support.