Liberal family activity?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Liberal family activity?

Post by Fiannan »

In regards to the culture wars I wonder if anything might represent the differences between liberal and conservative ideology more than this? What are people's reactions? Would you take your children to the library to participate?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Re: Liberal family activity?

Post by Older/wiser? »

No I would not support the normalization of this, since when do public libraries become a platform for sexual orientation. Would the library allow me to use story hour to teach about the atonement? Nope. The story of the frog in the pot of water comes to mind. If your children need to learn about drag queens and our societies ever changing beliefs on sex , I suggest parents teach it , then they can learn what Is still right and still wrong.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Older/wiser? wrote: May 20th, 2017, 11:16 am No I would not support the normalization of this, since when do public libraries become a platform for sexual orientation. Would the library allow me to use story hour to teach about the atonement? Nope. The story of the frog in the pot of water comes to mind. If your children need to learn about drag queens and our societies ever changing beliefs on sex , I suggest parents teach it , then they can learn what Is still right and still wrong.
I agree 100 percent! We live in a world gone mad, and if we don't fight for our standards and morals, then I guess we deserve what we get. Satan has a plan for our children, confuse them, dilute their minds with acceptance of perversion and teachings against Gods truth, he wants them to forget who they are, a child of God.

Parents need to be ever vigilant of what your children are being taught, get involved, be a member of the PTA. " The evil of our day is the silence of the good people." ?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

How damming of a statement the lady makes at end of video " present different ways of being in the world and make that fun for the kids." SICK!!!

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the WAY, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: May 20th, 2017, 1:16 pm How damming of a statement the lady makes at end of video " present different ways of being in the world and make that fun for the kids." SICK!!!

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the WAY, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
I know it is a generalization but red staters and blue staters really do live in different worlds.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Sobering.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Its going to get worse. I don't think I'll have any children. I'll spare my unborn children from living on this damned Telestial Earth...

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Z2100 wrote: May 20th, 2017, 4:48 pm Its going to get worse. I don't think I'll have any children. I'll spare my unborn children from living on this damned Telestial Earth...
That's what I use to think then 13 months ago my wife found out she was pregnant,now I have a son and I can't imagine life without him. We are commanded to have children by past and present Prophets even in times of tribulation.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Z2100 wrote: May 20th, 2017, 4:48 pm Its going to get worse. I don't think I'll have any children. I'll spare my unborn children from living on this damned Telestial Earth...
That is one of the goals of the NWO -- destroy the foundations of the family itself in order to build up a new sort of society. Best thing is to go against them and have a large family in which you teach the children righteous principles.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Fiannan wrote: May 21st, 2017, 12:26 am
That is one of the goals of the NWO -- destroy the foundations of the family itself in order to build up a new sort of society. Best thing is to go against them and have a large family in which you teach the children righteous principles.

To have a big family just to spite the NWO sounds good. Is it okay if I could just have like, 2 children?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Z2100 wrote: May 21st, 2017, 7:23 am
Fiannan wrote: May 21st, 2017, 12:26 am

To have a big family just to spite the NWO sounds good. Is it okay if I could just have like, 2 children?
That is not the point. The elite want people to believe that two children should be the ideal limit. They know that many people cannot have children and that many others want kids but will never marry. So ultimately a 2 child ideal means extinction of a culture.

There is a reason family limitation was condemned as evil by prophets in the latter days.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

That's the mistake I made many years ago.
Take heed what Nightlight has posted.
I wish I had been struck by lightening back then.
dc

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Fiannan wrote: May 20th, 2017, 1:40 am
In regards to the culture wars I wonder if anything might represent the differences between liberal and conservative ideology more than this? What are people's reactions? Would you take your children to the library to participate?
My reaction is not an emotional one but a practical one. Children idolize their parents at that age and whatever mommy and daddy accept the children learn they should accept it to.

What's bad is that the parents are pushing their children to accept this because they themselves don't want to feel isolated or not fit in with their adult peers. Which I recognize is getting more and more difficult within many work places.

They are in a way sacrificing their children's well-being and tampering with their role as a parent in guiding and directing them correctly so the kids have a chance to be good and happy. They are setting them up for failure all because the parents themselves are so wrapped in society and unafraid to (subconsciously or unawareness) be judgemental or less accepting of the weirdness of society. If parents were more confident and more whole as people, then maybe they would stand up a bit more.

For one, the children are there in existance because a man and woman created that little one. So to then go and say any other "way" is okay too is kind of hypocritic or something.

And no, I wouldn't take myself or my children to this event.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

I completely understand your feelings!
But we unfortunately cannot put our lives on hold because things are not ideal. It's a suffocating way to live. Please have faith and have children. They are the light of your world. There is so much we learn as parents as well. Not just about raising children but about ourselves and about creation and love etc.
Its a perfect plan and we should be wise not too think we are more wise. Father knew the world we would be in and has prepared a way to make it alright. Have faith.

Also, children will be better raised by a good person in this life than a worldly family where they will have obstacles to obtaining the truth the gospel brings. All spirits must be born. Better you than not you.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

MMbelieve wrote: June 5th, 2017, 5:59 pm
I completely understand your feelings!
But we unfortunately cannot put our lives on hold because things are not ideal. It's a suffocating way to live. Please have faith and have children. They are the light of your world. There is so much we learn as parents as well. Not just about raising children but about ourselves and about creation and love etc.
Its a perfect plan and we should be wise not too think we are more wise. Father knew the world we would be in and has prepared a way to make it alright. Have faith.

Also, children will be better raised by a good person in this life than a worldly family where they will have obstacles to obtaining the truth the gospel brings. All spirits must be born. Better you than not you.

Thank you for telling me that. I needed it :)

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

David13 wrote: June 5th, 2017, 4:57 pm

That's the mistake I made many years ago.
Take heed what Nightlight has posted.
I wish I had been struck by lightening back then.
dc

Did you not have any children?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

One last comment on this disgusting display of wickedness being accepted and integrated as normal , my heart sickens as I look at the children being taught this is normal , who we are , no core values anything goes. Mosiah 29:27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you, yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Funny how the more social justice culture becomes warped and insane the more I want to completely resist it and become everything they hate.

Brings me joy.
And another step in the journey is declaring that... spectacle messed right up.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Sirocco wrote: June 9th, 2017, 8:21 am Funny how the more social justice culture becomes warped and insane the more I want to completely resist it and become everything they hate.

Brings me joy.
The righteous will become more righteous and the wicked more wicked. There will be little room in the middle.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Fiannan wrote: June 9th, 2017, 9:09 am
Sirocco wrote: June 9th, 2017, 8:21 am Funny how the more social justice culture becomes warped and insane the more I want to completely resist it and become everything they hate.

Brings me joy.
The righteous will become more righteous and the wicked more wicked. There will be little room in the middle.
Indeed, which is good that conservatism is the new counter culture.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Micro421 wrote: June 14th, 2017, 1:36 am The Culture War is over, and the liberals have won. With the legalization and broad acceptance of gay marriage, the last great bastion of government-supported traditionalism in Western society has been swept away. Elsewhere, the armies of traditionalism are collapsing on almost every front. America is becoming less religious with stunning speed. Interracial marriage, once banned, is now the norm. Marijuana is slowly being legalized for recreational use. Women are close to achieving economic equality with men, and female breadwinners are becoming the norm. Casual sex is almost universally tolerated as a permissible recreational activity.
Conservatives gave up and became weak.
They just sat around and became lazy forgetting there was always a culture war.
Church has become dreadful, more in case the people are dreadful, least in my experience, I don't need to waste my Sunday's being in a room with people I hate to hear uplifiting messages, I have like 4 books for that :))

Conservatism will return, history is bound to repeat itself, and the right should learn why it lost and what it needs to do to win again.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Sirocco wrote: June 14th, 2017, 10:29 pm
Micro421 wrote: June 14th, 2017, 1:36 am The Culture War is over, and the liberals have won. With the legalization and broad acceptance of gay marriage, the last great bastion of government-supported traditionalism in Western society has been swept away. Elsewhere, the armies of traditionalism are collapsing on almost every front. America is becoming less religious with stunning speed. Interracial marriage, once banned, is now the norm. Marijuana is slowly being legalized for recreational use. Women are close to achieving economic equality with men, and female breadwinners are becoming the norm. Casual sex is almost universally tolerated as a permissible recreational activity.
Conservatives gave up and became weak.
They just sat around and became lazy forgetting there was always a culture war.
Church has become dreadful, more in case the people are dreadful, least in my experience, I don't need to waste my Sunday's being in a room with people I hate to hear uplifiting messages, I have like 4 books for that :))

Conservatism will return, history is bound to repeat itself, and the right should learn why it lost and what it needs to do to win again.
It happened in Russia. Seventy years of communism led to collapse and the conditions for a decade were dismal to say the least. Then Putin came along and restored optimism and there is a resurgence in nationalism, religion and positive views on the family. Ironically the dying beast of the west now sees Russia as the enemy. Oh well, the "whore of Babylon" will collapse as well and when it does it will sadly (in all probability) not be as peaceful a transition to the values resurgence that occurred in Russia.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

No I think it might because the left and leftist Millennials are entitled, lazy, useless people and when there's no government to care for them, they'll have no choice- when people have no choice they quickly give up their stupid ideas.
I mean these social justice women would give that up real quick if they had no government to be their husband.