So McMuffin creeps back into the news.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

So McMuffin creeps back into the news.

Post by Fiannan »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... gton-post/
Sources within House Republican leadership told Breitbart News on Thursday that they believe former 2016 presidential candidate Evan McMullin may have spied on them last year, while he was policy director of the House Republican Conference.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: So McMuffin creeps back into the news.

Post by larsenb »

Fiannan wrote: May 19th, 2017, 12:27 pm http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... gton-post/
Sources within House Republican leadership told Breitbart News on Thursday that they believe former 2016 presidential candidate Evan McMullin may have spied on them last year, while he was policy director of the House Republican Conference.
I see McMuffin as largely a creation of the Deseret News. W/out their puffing him, I don't think he would have gone anywhere. Incidentally, there is a Keith McMuffin (or Dave?) who heads the Church corporation that owns the Deseret News. I think the two are related, and I think that is the connection between Evan and the Deseret News puffing him.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

"Creep" is definitely the right word to use in regards to Egg McMuffin.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

And now it's being thrown around that he may try and fill my Representative Jason Chaffetz seat. Oh the horror, please no.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

kittycat51 wrote: May 20th, 2017, 1:56 pm And now it's being thrown around that he may try and fill my Representative Jason Chaffetz seat. Oh the horror, please no.
Many questions...

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

After his comments saying that even if he doesn't win the Presidency he hopes to stop Trump from taking office is he going to get any significant electoral support?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Fiannan wrote: May 20th, 2017, 2:50 pm
kittycat51 wrote: May 20th, 2017, 1:56 pm And now it's being thrown around that he may try and fill my Representative Jason Chaffetz seat. Oh the horror, please no.
Many questions...

Watch it! Purple underlining of Goldman Sachs on résumés will get you in trouble here. Casually mentioning the fact that their executives have been stuffed into all recent administrations including the current one, will make you persona non grata.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

larsenb wrote: May 19th, 2017, 3:41 pm
Fiannan wrote: May 19th, 2017, 12:27 pm http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... gton-post/
I see McMuffin as largely a creation of the Deseret News. W/out their puffing him, I don't think he would have gone anywhere. Incidentally, there is a Keith McMuffin (or Dave?) who heads the Church corporation that owns the Deseret News. I think the two are related, and I think that is the connection between Evan and the Deseret News puffing him.
Here is the Wikipedia article on Keith McMullin at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_B._McMullin
Keith Brigham McMullin (born August 18, 1941) has been the CEO of Deseret Management Corporation since April 2012 and has been a general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) since 1995. He was the second counselor in the presiding bishopric of the LDS Church from 1995 to 2012, at which time he was designated an emeritus general authority of the church.

Born in St. George, Utah, McMullin married Carolyn Jean Gibbs in 1964 and they are the parents of eight children and have 24 grandchildren. Prior to his call as a general authority, McMullin served as a mission president in Germany, where he also served as a Mormon missionary as a young man. McMullin has also served in the church as a bishop and stake president.

McMullin is a banking and finance graduate of the University of Utah. Prior to his call to the Presiding Bishopric, he served as managing director of the church’s Welfare Services Department. He had earlier been with Ford Motor Company as an investment and financial analyst and also managed several small businesses.
Curious juxtaposition, in my view. I wonder what the exact relationship is?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I wonder what the exact relationship is?
Larsenby, all I could find is this and I am cannot verify its accuracy or not: http://www.citizensgroup.us/deseret-news/

I am concerned that a guy like McMullin could give a neo-conservative face to Mormonism that many nations around the world would not find attractive if he did rise to prominence in American politics.