Sickening, this Narcissist is.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Sickening, this Narcissist is.

Post by Silver »

Ego damaging word on the street.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/1 ... ump-238525

Conservatives begin to whisper: President Pence
With Trump swamped by self-inflicted scandals, Republicans find solace in the man waiting in the wings.
By MATTHEW NUSSBAUM and THEODORIC MEYER 05/17/2017 06:50 PM EDT

Not since the release of the Access Hollywood tape, in which Donald Trump bragged about groping women by the genitals, have some conservatives thought so seriously, if a bit wistfully, about two words: President Pence.

The scandals clouding Trump’s presidency — including, most recently, his firing of FBI Director James Comey, his alleged leak of classified information to Russian officials, and reports that he urged Comey to drop an investigation into a top aide — have raised once more the possibility that Trump could be pushed aside and replaced by Vice President Mike Pence.

“If what the [New York Times] reported is true, Pence is probably rehearsing,” one House Republican who asked not to be named quipped Wednesday. “It’s just like Nixon. From the standpoint that it’s never the underlying issue, it is always the cover-up.”

The still far-fetched proposition of removing Trump from office has increasing appeal to Republicans who are growing weary of defending Trump and are alarmed by his conduct in office. But such whispers are cringe-worthy for Pence and his aides, who have made an art of not upstaging the mercurial president. Pence’s press secretary declined to comment for this article.

On the campaign trail, Pence would shut down any conversations about the possibility of his own future bid should Trump lose, telling donors who raised the prospect that he was entirely focused on the race at hand. Aides said that sentiment was sincere — even if they engaged in some thinking about what Pence’s future could entail after a likely loss.

Still, some conservatives are hinting that Pence looks like a particularly good alternative right now, especially as the Justice Department moves ahead with a special prosecutor for the FBI’s Russia probe.

Erick Erickson, a conservative pundit who was a strong Never Trumper but then pledged to give the president a chance, wrote on Wednesday that Republicans should abandon the president because they “have no need for him with Mike Pence in the wings.”

And conservative New York Times op-ed writer Ross Douthat, argued that abandoning Trump now should be easier because someone competent is waiting in the wings. “Hillary Clinton will not be retroactively elected if Trump is removed, nor will Neil Gorsuch be unseated,” Douthat wrote in Wednesday’s Times.

The pining for Pence is nothing new, however. From Capitol Hill to K Street, the notion that many Republicans prefer Pence to Trump in the Oval Office is perhaps the worst-kept secret in Washington.

Just ask Republican lobbyists who have watched the Trump administration struggle to move tax reform, health care and other top priorities.

“I find it unlikely that Trump is going anywhere,” one GOP lobbyist, who spoke on condition of anonymity, wrote in an email. “That being said, Pence is well-liked on the Hill, fairly predictable, and doesn't stir up much unnecessary drama.”

A number of Republican lobbyists already view Pence as a source of stability in an otherwise tumultuous White House. Many of Pence’s top staffers — including his chief of staff, Josh Pitcock — worked for Pence during his years in the House and are deeply familiar with the legislative process. Other former Pence staffers from his House days are working elsewhere in the administration, including Marc Short, the legislative affairs director, and Russ Vought, deputy director of the Office of Management and Budget.

While Pence may not be as commanding a figure in Trump’s White House as Dick Cheney was in George W. Bush’s, Trump has leaned on him heavily. Lobbyists who set up meetings between Pence and their clients must warn them that the vice president may be an hour and a half late or have to leave after 10 minutes because Trump is constantly calling him into the Oval Office to confer with him, according to one Republican lobbyist.

But that doesn’t mean a Pence transition would be smooth. In the unlikely event that Trump is removed from office, Pence would assume the presidency amid a constitutional crisis. He could also be considered tainted by his past devotion to Trump.

Only once in American history has a president been forced from office by scandal, when Richard Nixon resigned amid Watergate. Ford assumed the presidency and sparked controversy by pardoning Nixon, a move that may have cost him the 1976 election but one that historians have since praised.

Ford, like Pence, had enjoyed a career in the House of Representatives and rose to a leadership position. There are other echoes, too.

“It’s almost an eerie comparison that a more mild-mannered, religious conservative Republican Gerald Ford came in,” said Douglas Brinkley, a presidential historian at Rice University. “He’s much like Pence in temperament and personality. He doesn’t have that acerbic side that Nixon and Trump had.”

And, like Ford, Pence “has made so few enemies,” Brinkley said.

“Having Pence in reserve is one of the few things, I think, that is calming Republican nerves,” he added. “It would just be a more mild-mannered Pence who never says anything offensive, who doesn’t take to Twitter, who goes to Church every Sunday.”

But unlike Pence, Ford was appointed to the job after the resignation of Vice President Spiro Agnew. Ford did not have the baggage of having campaigned for and championed Nixon.

Almost like a reminder of Pence’s political ambitions, news broke on Wednesday that Pence had formed a new leadership political action committee called the Great America Committee. It is unusual for a vice president to form his own PAC, as the vice president would traditionally merge his political operation with the Republican National Committee.

A spokesman confirmed the existence of the new committee and said it is being overseen by Marty Obst and Nick Ayers, two former Pence campaign aides and close confidants of the vice president.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Orange Teleprompter.jpg
Orange Teleprompter.jpg (296.04 KiB) Viewed 1556 times

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-1 ... al-counsel

Trump Explodes: "This Is The Single Greatest Witch Hunt In American History"
by Tyler Durden
May 18, 2017 8:02 AM

Last night, after the White House dropped a highly-scripted statement 'welcoming' the appointment of former FBI director Mueller as Special Counsel on the "Russia Probe", we questioned whether Trump would offer any other, less-scripted thoughts via Twitter. We now have our answer:

"With all of the illegal acts that took place in the Clinton campaign & Obama Administration, there was never a special councel appointed!"

"This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!"

Guess we now also know for sure that Trump was unaware of Rosenstein's efforts to appoint a Special Counsel until after the order to do so had already been signed, as the DOJ intimated last night.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-1 ... rmed-no-ki

What are the Odds of a DC March if a Populist President is Impeached?
Can we afford to ignore "Bon", our colleague who is quite sane, does not represent the lunatic fringe, and is intimately aware that while Trump may not be a beltway darling, he has governed through populism.

Witness how Trump castrated the media with his "Fake News" press conference. He literally made people reject the MSM info as false and further likely turned people off to even looking at it.

He effectively put them in a box where they could not sell their wares anymore.

This is no easy task. Winning elections via populism is easy game. But actually governing that way is not easy. We'd dare say, it has not been done ever in a Republic.

So here we are. A populist-ly elected President who has thus far governed through populism. A president with a loyal following that is likely to not take an unconstitutional impeachment sitting down. Trump will not go quietly into the night. He will appeal to the public. He is a narcissist. And to his credit, narcissists are all about winning popularity contests.

And against him are now the legal types who will use the Constitution to undermine it.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Of course he's a narcissist--all politicians are. Get over it.

btw this is to what he was referring: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -negative/

His statement is pretty much correct.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

DesertWonderer wrote: May 18th, 2017, 8:28 am Of course he's a narcissist--all politicians are. Get over it.

btw this is to what he was referring: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -negative/

What you're overlooking is that much of the negative news about Trump is true.

I'll get over Trump when he is no longer President.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Silver wrote: May 18th, 2017, 8:46 am
DesertWonderer wrote: May 18th, 2017, 8:28 am Of course he's a narcissist--all politicians are. Get over it.

Incorrect but enjoy your venom anyway.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

larsenb wrote: May 17th, 2017, 2:55 pm
Silver wrote: May 17th, 2017, 2:22 pm Egotistical narcissist:
"No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly.” Donald Trump, May 2017.

Sincere seeker:
"Hey, you guys seen my brains?" John F. Kennedy, November, 1963
You're a 'bit' mixed up about his meaning. He isn't talking about presidents who have been assassinated. He is talking about their treatment while in office.

From my perspective, he is dead-on right. I've never seen a president so vilified and attacked from every quarter and with so little justification. He can't open his mouth or take a step without the left demanding that his actions need still another special prosecutor and investigation.

And your black-and-white, ongoing obsession with the man is exactly the type of thing he is talking about. Trump seems to trigger you in ways that I couldn't begin to imagine or predict. Ask yourself, Silver, how many threads have you opened up on Trump and what you regard as his evil ways??

I would say LOTS! This being the latest, and I'm sure not the last.
Other's have been treated as viciously as Pres. Trump, but I think he's right in that he's being hounded and badgered by this press more so than even Pres. Reagan. The Press IS his enemy, they are working with the leftists to make him irrelevant and if possible, remove him from office (Dems would have to win control of the house and then badger the Republicans in the Senate to not oppose removing him, which they could do--the Republican Senators are easily swayed to go along with Democrat desires), I sure hope he and his administration figure this out soon or he is not going to last four years. He needs to seriously understand who his enemies are and work to diffuse their power or he's not going to be able to effectively lead.

I didn't vote for him, but he won the election, he's our President and therefore, he deserves a chance to show us he can turn the country around, but with all the organized and hidden opposition he has (I'm certain that creep Obama is still pulling strings behind the scenes, along with the uber creep Soros) he's not going to get that chance. The Media and leftists in this country is not even hiding their efforts to destroy him, but I'm certain there are some powerful people who ARE hiding what they are up to--I wish they could be exposed.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Soros invested in Jared Kushner's real estate company Cadre. The dissension among the varying parties that the media portrays on TEEVEE is pablum for the masses. And Trump is a narcissist.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: May 17th, 2017, 11:00 pm
larsenb wrote: May 17th, 2017, 10:17 pm
Silver wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:51 pm
larsenb wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:43 pm

The question I have, is how many more months will go by with you still miss-characterizing and not understanding my position and that of others with regards Trump and our support of him? And in your case, it isn't even shallow thinking, it is totally missing the point.
Your support of him is wrong. That makes you wrong. Not bad, just wrong. With regards to Trump, I will continue to speak out against wrong. I have chosen this battle.
Such a noble mantle you have created for yourself. Lots of luck.
OK, if you're leaving I'll just tell that I sincerely feel sorry for you. You've somehow created a fantasy cocoon for yourself where you don't have to recognize that Trump has killed and continues to kill innocent people. I see the same trait in other Trump supporters I encounter. Somehow brown lives don't matter. One excuse, used by even you larsen, is, "Well, other presidents have killed even more." That is quite shocking in its callousness.

Oh well, I trudge on. Looking for others who will open their eyes.
You're too black-and-white with your judgements. This approach won't get you many converts. You've been negative about Trump from the beginning, and ignore his positive accomplishments. As mentioned, you're welcome to keep festering in your ant-Trump juices. Oh, and I wouldn't waste your sorry feelings on me. You don't even know me. And you certainly don't understand my position. That being the case, you're wasting your emotion . . it entirely misses the mark.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: May 17th, 2017, 11:06 pm
larsenb wrote: May 17th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Silver wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:49 pm
larsenb wrote: May 17th, 2017, 4:28 pm

The last several Presidents have done far worse in terms of killing innocent people. Did you go on a crusade against them? I doubt it. You already know my position about Trump adding more fuel to the 'war on terra', or being involved in Yemen, etc. So where is the deception? You do seem to love your black-and-white categorizations.
All you have to say is: I repent of all my support for Trump. That one simple sentence, strictly followed, will make you feel so much better.

Your "last several Presidents" argument is a bit fallacious. What does it matter what I have said about the previous puppets? I have mentioned them, but it is hardly germane to this discussion. Trump is committing evil now and I'm calling him out on it. Your deception is internal in that you're rationalizing away the Marmalade in Chief's murders.
As I said, you show no understanding of my position, so there really isn't much use carrying on any conversation with you on the subject. You have shown no willingness to try to understand where I and others are coming from w/regard Trump, even though I've described this starting point multiple times to you.

It is clear, however, you seem to harbor a very powerful emotional reaction to the man. This was evident long before he was elected President and is underscored by your apparent need to call him derogatory names.

You obviously are stewing in your anti-Trump juices. I simply won't be able to do anything to help you escape that condition. Sorry.
Since larsenb is yielding the field of battle, I'll direct my comments to any other Trump supporters who stumble upon this thread about the Orange Narcissist.

What larsenb is really saying is, "Why can't I convince Silver that he's wrong?" The answer is easy: It's because I have decided that in the case of this recent presidential election I would not vote for the lesser of two evils. Then when Trump was elected, I watched for the typical Administration staffing operations. Sure enough, he went back to the same old well all the previous presidents draw water from. Einstein's definition of insanity applies here if you're expecting America to be great again with the cast of villains with which Trump has surrounded himself.
The field of battle is in your mind. Take me at my word that I don't really care if you're wrong or right. You are simply obsessed with Trump, and I'm not going to change your obsession. Again, look at the dozens of anti-Trump threads you've started, and many of these well before he was elected.

I think it is worth while to point out this obsession to other readers. Obsessions come with intense biases. Yours are quite evident.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

DesertWonderer wrote: May 18th, 2017, 9:43 am
Silver wrote: May 18th, 2017, 8:46 am

Incorrect but enjoy your venom anyway.
You've correctly tagged the Silver: "venom". Very much like the MSM's approach to Trump across the board.

And you're correct that many of the attacks on Trump are 'trumped' up. They are tempests in a tea pot, AND they ignore the real criminality of the press and those behind the attacks on Trump, witness the leaks on Gen. Flynn trumpeted (that word again) by the NYT and others. Or the admitted unmasking of Trump cadre via Susan Rice, etc., etc. All of these are evidence of felonies that the press and Silver choose to ignore. And their are others.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

3 posts in a row and larsen still can't bring himself to admit that Trump killed innocent people. I really feel sorry for larsen. The cognitive dissonance must be troubling in his honest, quiet moments.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

AI2.0 wrote: May 18th, 2017, 10:05 am
"No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly.” Donald Trump, May 2017.

Sincere seeker:
You're a 'bit' mixed up about his meaning. He isn't talking about presidents who have been assassinated. He is talking about their treatment while in office.

From my perspective, he is dead-on right. I've never seen a president so vilified and attacked from every quarter and with so little justification. He can't open his mouth or take a step without the left demanding that his actions need still another special prosecutor and investigation.

And your black-and-white, ongoing obsession with the man is exactly the type of thing he is talking about. Trump seems to trigger you in ways that I couldn't begin to imagine or predict. Ask yourself, Silver, how many threads have you opened up on Trump and what you regard as his evil ways??

Other's have been treated as viciously as Pres. Trump, but I think he's right in that he's being hounded and badgered by this press more so than even Pres. Reagan. The Press IS his enemy, they are working with the leftists to make him irrelevant and if possible, remove him from office (Dems would have to win control of the house and then badger the Republicans in the Senate to not oppose removing him, which they could do--the Republican Senators are easily swayed to go along with Democrat desires), I sure hope he and his administration figure this out soon or he is not going to last four years. He needs to seriously understand who his enemies are and work to diffuse their power or he's not going to be able to effectively lead.

I didn't vote for him, but he won the election, he's our President and therefore, he deserves a chance to show us he can turn the country around, but with all the organized and hidden opposition he has (I'm certain that creep Obama is still pulling strings behind the scenes, along with the uber creep Soros) he's not going to get that chance. The Media and leftists in this country is not even hiding their efforts to destroy him, but I'm certain there are some powerful people who ARE hiding what they are up to--I wish they could be exposed.
This is a correct assessment of what is going on with this incredible non-stop opposition to Trump. If he is removed from office, I see it as a certainty that it ain't going to end well. We will be on a fast track to get back on the globalist train, no holds barred.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote: May 18th, 2017, 2:35 pm
AI2.0 wrote: May 18th, 2017, 10:05 am

Sincere seeker:

This is a correct assessment of what is going on with this incredible non-stop opposition to Trump. If he is removed from office, I see it as a certainty that it ain't going to end well. We will be on a fast track to get back on the globalist train, no holds barred.
Such nonsense. Trump has globalists in his cabinet and throughout his administration. It is a globalist-financed effort that is creating such misery in Syria and Yemen. Obvious to all but those who will not see.

And another post by larsen with no recognition of the needless deaths in Syria, murdered by the Marmalade In Chief.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I was just watching a joint press conference at the White House. The participants are Juan Manuel Santos Calderon, president of Colombia, and Trump. One of the reporters asked a question and from the angle that he was being filmed, I noticed that Jared Kushner was seated in the front row. Jared had turned in his seat so he could face the reporter. The reporter asked a question that made His Orangeness look bad and when several other reporters laughed, Jared also smirked. Trump can't even get any respect from his own son-in-law...on national TEEVEE. It's obvious to those who are awake that Trump doesn't deserve any respect. The office of the president might, but who knows about that anymore considering the last several occupiers of the Oval Office.

Parenthetically, Gary Cohn, former Goldman Sachs bigwig, was on the other end of the row of seats. That's who's running your gubmint, folks.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: May 18th, 2017, 2:33 pm 3 posts in a row and larsen still can't bring himself to admit that Trump killed innocent people. I really feel sorry for larsen. The cognitive dissonance must be troubling in his honest, quiet moments.
You have a tough time changing your focus, Silver. Very characteristic of obsessions.

Regarding the missile attack on Syrian military base that allegedly harbored gas weapons. The base was said to be the repository for the gas that Syria possessed and that Russians had been guarding as per the 2013 agreement. Trump took it out after warning the Syrians and Russians that he was going to do so. This would remove poisonous gas from the Syrian equation and undercut any further attempts to pin such attacks on the Syrian military. A smart move . . . from this point of view. I've never heard of civilian casualties in this effort. Do you have incontrovertible evidence that there were any? Trot it out or hyperlink it.

Regarding Yemen. In my view we have no business getting into that controversy or in any others in the Near and Middle East, etc.

Trump inherited a lot of these ongoing military excursions and messes, some of which have their own momentum. And to what degree is he being influenced by Obama hold-overs, both Civilian and Military, in pursuing these activities? Trump came in on a mind-our-own business platform. I and others are trying to hold his feet to the fire on this attitude and platform.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: May 18th, 2017, 2:40 pm
Such nonsense. Trump has globalists in his cabinet and throughout his administration. It is a globalist-financed effort that is creating such misery in Syria and Yemen. Obvious to all but those who will not see.

And another post by larsen with no recognition of the needless deaths in Syria, murdered by the Marmalade In Chief.
Such an all-knowing aspect to your posts Silver. Black-and-white to the 'T'.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote: May 18th, 2017, 2:58 pm

I'll keep doing this for you:
prayers for larsen.jpg
prayers for larsen.jpg (86.59 KiB) Viewed 1409 times

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote: May 18th, 2017, 2:55 pm
Silver wrote: May 18th, 2017, 2:33 pm 3 posts in a row and larsen still can't bring himself to admit that Trump killed innocent people. I really feel sorry for larsen. The cognitive dissonance must be troubling in his honest, quiet moments.
You have a tough time changing your focus, Silver. Very characteristic of obsessions.

Regarding the missile attack on Syrian military base that allegedly harbored gas weapons. The base was said to be the repository for the gas that Syria possessed and that Russians had been guarding as per the 2013 agreement. Trump took it out after warning the Syrians and Russians that he was going to do so. This would remove poisonous gas from the Syrian equation and undercut any further attempts to pin such attacks on the Syrian military. A smart move . . . from this point of view. I've never heard of civilian casualties in this effort. Do you have incontrovertible evidence that there were any? Trot it out or hyperlink it.

Regarding Yemen. In my view we have no business getting into that controversy or in any others in the Near and Middle East, etc.

Trump inherited a lot of these ongoing military excursions and messes, some of which have their own momentum. And to what degree is he being influenced by Obama hold-overs, both Civilian and Military, in pursuing these activities? Trump came in on a mind-our-own business platform. I and others are trying to hold his feet to the fire on this attitude and platform.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I fell for your "call for references" once before. After I laid out the info, you never responded to it. If you had any intellectual honesty, you would have least thanked me for the work. So not this time, larsen.

In the meantime, you need to up your feet-to-fire game. Just between us, however, it won't work. Too many CFR/NWO/warmongers in the White House, but then, you already knew that. The Marmalade Babbler is just a puppet on Gadianton strings.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Silver wrote: May 18th, 2017, 3:22 pm

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
You completely blew that line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Silver wrote: May 18th, 2017, 3:06 pm

prayers for larsen.jpg

I'm not so sure this is the best symbol for an appeal to deity in behalf of larsenb. Based on the shorter wing set and the slightly distending abdomen this looks like a Female praying mantis - an incredibly efficient predatory species. They are known for the fact that once connected in the act of copulation it consumes its male counterpart by severing the head first which triggers the muscular pulse which facilitates fertilization of the eggs. This muscular pulse continues while she consumes him down to the last vestiges of his abdomen which, now comfortably full, she drops to the ground without so much as a "was it good for you too?"

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brlenox wrote: May 18th, 2017, 3:59 pm

prayers for larsen.jpg

I'm not so sure this is the best symbol for an appeal to deity in behalf of larsenb. Based on the shorter wing set and the slightly distending abdomen this looks like a Female praying mantis - an incredibly efficient predatory species. They are known for the fact that once connected in the act of copulation it consumes its male counterpart by severing the head first which triggers the muscular pulse which facilitates fertilization of the eggs. This muscular pulse continues while she consumes him down to the last vestiges of his abdomen which, now comfortably full, she drops to the ground without so much as a "was it good for you too?"
Yeah, that's way beyond what I was thinking. Just praying, ok? For larsen, ok?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

prayers for larsen.jpg
So, you liken yourself to a Praying Mantis? Probably an apt identification.
Last edited by larsenb on May 18th, 2017, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: May 18th, 2017, 3:22 pm
larsenb wrote: May 18th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I fell for your "call for references" once before. After I laid out the info, you never responded to it. If you had any intellectual honesty, you would have least thanked me for the work. So not this time, larsen.

In the meantime, you need to up your feet-to-fire game. Just between us, however, it won't work. Too many CFR/NWO/warmongers in the White House, but then, you already knew that. The Marmalade Babbler is just a puppet on Gadianton strings.
Once more, the Silver resorting to derogatory name-calling. A sure sign of his emotionally charged starting point, which he exhibited well-before Trump won the Presidency and appointed anybody to his cabinet.