Sickening, this Narcissist is.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Re: Sickening, this Narcissist is.

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Silver wrote: May 17th, 2017, 2:22 pm Egotistical narcissist:
"No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly.” Donald Trump, May 2017.

Sincere seeker:
"Hey, you guys seen my brains?" John F. Kennedy, November, 1963
Since when is telling the truth being narcissistic? The lamestream media are nothing more than the propaganda arm of the communist left. You can tell when they are lying because either their lips are moving or they've written something. They re incapable of telling the truth.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: May 21st, 2017, 1:06 pm
Silver wrote: May 17th, 2017, 2:22 pm Egotistical narcissist:
"No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly.” Donald Trump, May 2017.

Sincere seeker:
"Hey, you guys seen my brains?" John F. Kennedy, November, 1963
Since when is telling the truth being narcissistic? The lamestream media are nothing more than the propaganda arm of the communist left. You can tell when they are lying because either their lips are moving or they've written something. They re incapable of telling the truth.
I'm willing to debate you regarding the assertions you've made. Do you care to participate?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

“Look at the way I’ve been treated lately, especially by the media,” Trump stated. “No politician in history — and I say this with great surety — has been treated worse or more unfairly.”

See the video at the link below. Either Trump said those words or there is a very technically savvy guy running around who can make it seem like Trump said those words. Yep, he said them. He's a raging narcissist.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... -treatment

Trump says “no politician in history … has been treated worse.” In reality, many have.
Lincoln had to oversee a civil war. Multiple presidents were assassinated. Politicians are often imprisoned around the world.
Updated by German [email protected]@vox.com May 17, 2017, 2:47pm EDT

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.mediaite.com/online/victim-i ... -than-him/

Victim in Chief‘: Twitter Reacts to Trump Saying No Politician’s Been Treated ‘Worse’ Than Him
by Justin Baragona | 1:48 pm, May 17th, 2017

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Trump says no politician has ever been as mistreated as him.

JFK. RFK. Lincoln. Mandela. Gandhi. Churchill.

All of them prove Trump wrong.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

samizdat wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 8:43 am Trump says no politician has ever been as mistreated as him.

JFK. RFK. Lincoln. Mandela. Gandhi. Churchill.

All of them prove Trump wrong.
Laying aside the differences in their politics, the Gandhi family is similar to the Kennedy family. Indira Gandhi was assassinated by two of her bodyguards in 1984. Her son, Rajiv Gandhi, became the next Prime Minister of India only to be killed by a suicide bomber in 1991.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

In seven days all SJWs will pass out and then return as zombies. The orb has spoken.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Fiannan wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 12:37 pm Image

In seven days all SJWs will pass out and then return as zombies. The orb has spoken.
Can I get some context on the scene in your post?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Oh, this. Gee, it's so...illuminati. May I just remind everyone how dangerous it is to allow the government the authority to label who is, and who is not, extremist.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/on-tru ... 2017-05-22

And there was a perfectly logical explanation for that hand-touching-orb moment. The new international center, which spans seven continents, is aimed at monitoring and analyzing extremist speeches in a high-tech way. It will use experts who specialize in confronting extremist speech, and the center is up to speed on the dialects and languages these use, according to a tweeted explanation from @riyadhsummit.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Being President is hard and stuff!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... witch-hunt

Trump Blasts Deputy AG Rosenstein: He "Told Me To Fire The FBI Director! Witch Hunt"

by Tyler Durden
Jun 16, 2017 9:36 AM

President Trump's latest twitter target seems to be his own Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein who he blasts for the hiring of a Special Counsel to investigate the firing of former FBI Director James Comey, after writing a letter himself explicitly calling for the firing of James Comey.

"I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt"
Follow
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt
8:07 AM - 16 Jun 2017
10,350 10,350 Retweets 29,042 29,042 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Of course, Trump's message isn't crystal clear on exactly who the subject of the tweet is and has left some wondering whether he might actually be referring to Special Counsel Mueller.

That said, since Rosenstein did, in fact, draft a letter calling for the termination of James Comey, a letter which Trump revealed publicly on May 9th, it would seem more logical that the tweet is directed at him. Here is an excerpt from our post back in May:

In the letter from Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, he cites the handling of Comey's Clinton investigation, and says that Comey was wrong to cite his conclusions about the Clinton email probe in July of 2016: "I cannot defend the Director's handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary Clinton's emails, and I do not understand his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgment that he was mistaken," Rosenstein wrote.

Rosenstein was referring to Comey's decision to announce in July last year that the probe of Hillary Clinton should be closed without prosecution, but then declared - 11 days before the Nov. 8 election - that he had reopened the investigation because of a discovery of a new trove of Clinton-related emails. Democrats say the decision cost Clinton victory.

Rosenstein also identified several areas in which he said Comey had erred, saying it was wrong of him to "usurp" then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch's authority by announcing the initial conclusion of the email case on July 5.

Comey "announced his own conclusions about the nation's most sensitive criminal investigation, without the authorization of duly appointed Justice Department leaders," Rosenstein wrote. Comey also "ignored another longstanding principle" by holding a news conference to "release derogatory information about the subject of a declined criminal investigation."

Of course, despite Rosenstein's letter, critics will note that Trump later admitted that he had been considering the termination of James Comey from the moment he took office.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-2 ... ny-stories

Trump Gloats Over CNN "Fake News" Scandal: "What About All The Other Phony Stories?"

by Tyler Durden
Jun 27, 2017 7:21 AM

Last week, CNN's "anonymous sources" finally came home to roost when the entertainment channel was forced to retract one of its "bombshell" Russian collusion stories, when it was apparently revealed that the whole thing was nothing more than CNN's latest, anonymously-sourced fake news debacle. Like most CNN stories on the topic, this one carried a salacious title ("Congress was investigating a Russian investment fund with ties to Trump officials") which implied some nefarious plot by the Trump administration to stage a coup in the United States. Within 36 hours, however, CNN was forced to retract the story and issue an apology to Anthony Scaramucci (presumably for the whole libel thing).

Then overnight, we reported that "the most trusted name in news" announced on Monday afternoon that three network officials are leaving their jobs over the incident: Frank, the reporter on the story; Eric Lichtblau, a recent CNN addition from the New York Times who edited the piece; and Lex Haris, the executive editor of “CNN Investigates.” The moves follow an investigation carried out by CNN executives over the weekend, with the conclusion that longstanding network procedures for publishing stories weren’t properly followed. “There was a significant breakdown in process,” says a CNN source. “There were editorial checks and balances within the organization that weren’t met.”

The official CNN statement: “In the aftermath of the retraction of a story published on CNN.com, CNN has accepted the resignations of the employees involved in the story’s publication.”

Regarding the personnel changes, a CNN source said, “The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.” A compelling wrinkle in the saga of the story springs from the careful language in the editor’s note: “That story did not meet CNN’s editorial standards and has been retracted. Links to the story have been disabled. CNN apologizes to Mr. Scaramucci,” it reads. CNN is not bailing on all the factual representations in the story, however. “We pulled it down not because we disproved it,” says a CNN source, adding that there was “enough concern” on some factual points that “given the breach in process, we decided to pull it down.”
This was not the first time CNN has been caught reporting fake news recently (see "Looks Like CNN's Anonymous Sources Got This One Wrong") and we doubt it will be the last.

Meanwhile, one person was particularly amused and happy by the ongoing CNN credibility slow motion trainwreck: none other than Donald Trump, who just after 6am took to twitter to gloat and share his delight in CNN's humiliation: "CNN had to retract big story on "Russia," with 3 employees forced to resign. What about all the other phony stories they do? FAKE NEWS!""

Follow
Wow, CNN had to retract big story on "Russia," with 3 employees forced to resign. What about all the other phony stories they do? FAKE NEWS!
5:33 AM - 27 Jun 2017
6,635 6,635 Retweets 20,412 20,412 likes
... and followed it up by retweeting what many believes is a far better logo.

16h
Jeff ✔ @JeffTutorials
@realDonaldTrump THE DEMOCRATS ARE NOTHING BUT ROADBLOCKS WITH NO IDEAS
Follow
Jeff ✔ @JeffTutorials
@realDonaldTrump pic.twitter.com/6sDcyiW4Kt
1:28 PM - 26 Jun 2017
View image on Twitter
2,118 2,118 Retweets 7,225 7,225 likes

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

A person who understands the crux of a particular subject doesn't need to claim that they know it well. Narcissists do though. A well-informed person merely needs to speak to the issue which will demonstrate the depth of knowledge possessed by that person. That's tough for a narcissist like Trump. He has people who do boring, complicated stuff like that for him. He can't be distracted from taking care of America's business which he accomplishes with his daily tweet storms, don't you know?

As for healthcare, once again our overlords in Babylon, DC, have completely missed the point. The premise that they need to fix (and regulate) healthcare is totally typical of reprobate Republicans. Government has no right to be involved in our healthcare in the first place. Judge those traitors in Washington by that standard and you won't be fooled into voting for them again.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-2 ... -subject-w

Trump Goes After "Fake News" NYTimes, Slams Media Criticism On Healthcare: "I Know The Subject Well"

Tyler Durden's picture
by Tyler Durden
Jun 28, 2017 7:41 AM
SHARES
TwitterFacebookReddit
One day after he repeatedly lashed out at CNN, on Wednesday President Trump blasted the the NYT in particular, and the broader press in general, for reporting that he is "not totally engaged" on healthcare.

"Some of the Fake News Media likes to say that I am not totally engaged in healthcare," Trump tweeted shortly before 7am. "Wrong, I know the subject well & want victory for U.S."

Follow
Some of the Fake News Media likes to say that I am not totally engaged in healthcare. Wrong, I know the subject well & want victory for U.S.
5:58 AM - 28 Jun 2017

Trump's angry outburst followed an earlier tweet in which the president specifically targeted The New York Times. "The failing @nytimes writes false story after false story about me. They don't even call to verify the facts of a story. A Fake News Joke!"

The failing @nytimes writes false story after false story about me. They don't even call to verify the facts of a story. A Fake News Joke!
5:49 AM - 28 Jun 2017

Trump's fury appears to have been focused on a Times story published on Tuesday titled "On Senate Health Bill, Trump Falters in the Closer's Role," in which the Gray Lady said that the president was "largely on the sidelines" as the Senate leadership sought to attract votes for its healthcare bill. It added that the president's team's "heavy-handed tactics have been ineffective in the Senate."

As the Hill reports, a Republican senator who supports the Senate GOP's healthcare bill reportedly does not think President Trump has a clear understanding of the plan.

The New York Times reported that a senator left a White House meeting Tuesday with the feeling that the president didn't fully understand some basic parts of the plan, citing an aide who received a detailed readout of the exchange.

The senator felt Trump "seemed especially confused" after a moderate Republican said those who were against the bill would say it appeared to be a "massive tax break for the wealthy," according to The Times. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) after the White House meeting ignored a question regarding Trump’s command of the details of the negotiations and smiled blandly, the newspaper noted.

Trump met with Republican senators just hours after GOP leaders decided on Tuesday to postpone a vote on its healthcare legislation. The huddle came as one GOP strategist with close ties to the White House told The Hill that Trump had not yet fully engaged with the effort to pass a bill in the upper chamber.

Trump said Tuesday he had a "great meeting" with Republican senators, adding that they "really want to get it right."

Trump is likely to be particularly sensitive to healthcare criticism today, one day after the Senate GOP leaders delayed a vote to repeal and replace ObamaCare after it became clear the measure - again - lacked the votes for passage. On Tuesday afternoon, Trump met with Republican senators at the White House, just hours after the GOP leaders decided to postpone the vote on the healthcare legislation. It was not immediately clear if Trump had managed to change any holdouts' opinions on the vote.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

TMW2017-05-31colorLARGE.jpg
TMW2017-05-31colorLARGE.jpg (285.44 KiB) Viewed 1036 times

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

tweet tweet.jpg
tweet tweet.jpg (271.27 KiB) Viewed 1034 times

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

narcissist writ large.jpg
narcissist writ large.jpg (289.74 KiB) Viewed 1034 times

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Trump supporters will note the date of the article below. These issues were well documented long before the election. The writer claims that the deception is temporary, but as evidenced by the willful ignorance displayed by some on LDSFF, temporary can apparently last for years.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2 ... epublican/

Donald Trump – A Narcissistic Liberal Running as a Republican
Posted by: Richard Larsen in Trending Commentary July 24, 2015

After seven years of a narcissistic president, the last thing the nation needs is another four. Donald Trump has all the same outward egocentric manifestations to which we’ve become accustomed. The problem with politicians imbued with such characteristics, is that everything they do is all about them, not those whom they are elected to serve, or the Constitution to which they take an oath of fealty.
malignant-narcissism-narcissist-obama-300x223.jpg
malignant-narcissism-narcissist-obama-300x223.jpg (20.86 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Dr. Charles Krauthammer, a psychologist by profession, has said it’s clear that the current inhabitant of 1600 Pennsylvania Av. is a narcissist. “This is a guy, you look at every one of his speeches, even the way he introduces high officials — I’d like to introduce my secretary of state. He refers to ‘my intelligence community.’ And in one speech, I no longer remember it, ‘my military.’ For God’s sake, he talks like the emperor, Napoleon. He does have this sense of this all being a drama about him, and everybody else is just sort of part of the stage.”

Dr. Sam Vaknin, the author of the “Malignant Self Love,” and an expert on narcissism, concurs. Vaknin says, “Obama’s language, posture and demeanor, and the testimonies of his closest, dearest and nearest suggest that the president is either a narcissist or he may have narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). Narcissists project a grandiose but false image of themselves. After listing several 20th century examples, he explains how they all “created a personality cult around themselves and with their blazing speeches elevated their admirers.”

He elaborated, “For a narcissist no subject is as important as his own self. Why would he waste his precious time and genius writing about insignificant things when he can write about such an august being as himself? [Explaining why Obama had written an autobiography before he’d accomplished anything.] Narcissists are often callous and even ruthless. As the norm, they lack conscience.”
Narcissist checklist.jpg
Narcissist checklist.jpg (24.21 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Narcissist Checklist

And now we have the bombastic, egocentric real estate mogul from New York mirroring the self-absorption seemingly endemic with our 44th president. And he’s already setting some records with his self-congratulatory rhetoric.

“I’m really rich.” “I’m proud of my net worth.” “I’ve done an amazing job.” “I’m really proud of my success. I really am.” “I’m not doing that to brag because you know what? I don’t have to brag.” But he just can’t seem to help himself! And so Donald Trump self-adulated himself 257 times in his 45 minute presidential bid announcement speech last month. That even exceeded Obama’s 208 self-laudatory references in his 22 minute, 2007 presidential announcement. That’s pretty impressive when you can out-“narcissize” the Narcissist In Chief!

But aside from his egocentrism, the most glaring verity related to Trump’s presidential bid is that he doesn’t belong on the Republican ticket. He clearly is not a conservative, and probably aligns ideologically much more with Bernie Sanders than he does with any of the other 15 candidates on the Republican ticket.

Over the years, Trump has been a proponent for single-payer government funded healthcare, a socialistic step to the left of Obamacare. He’s been a supporter of abortion, has advocated an assault weapons ban, and has even floated the idea of forcing the rich to forfeit 14% of their total wealth to reduce the federal debt.

He has donated heavily to Bill and Hillary Clinton’s campaigns, and to the Clinton Foundation. And when he married his third wife in 2005, Bill and Hillary were on his guest list. And his financial support for Democrat House and Senate candidates has far eclipsed what he’s donated on GOP candidates.
bad news.jpg
bad news.jpg (25.56 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
According to public campaign disclosures, 21 of Trump’s 30 political donations have gone to liberal Democrats and political action committees. Only seven went to Republicans, and two went to Charlie Crist, who, like Trump, doesn’t seem to know which party he belongs to.

And in 2008, he sounded just like every other progressive in the nation, bemoaning George W. Bush’s presidency, when Trump alleged, “He was so incompetent, so bad, so evil.” Trump went on to call Bush “maybe the worst president in the history of this country.”

In light of his possible xenophobic comments regarding illegal aliens, it’s ironic what Trump said after the 2012 election. He claimed Republicans would “continue to lose elections if they came across as mean-spirited and unwelcoming to people of color.”

Trump’s primary function in the Republican presidential primary process seems to be to function as a media lightning rod. Ninety percent of the media coverage on the GOP candidates is on the Donald, which means he’s literally sucking the air out of the race of the fifteen other legitimate candidates.

So why is Trump polling so well in these early stages of the presidential sweepstakes? It pains me to say, really. But the only logical explanation is that regrettably even a fairly significant minority of conservatives can be deceived by the grandiloquence and fierce independence of a self-congratulatory narcissist, in spite of obvious ideological contradictions. A couple of pet issues that resonate with conservatives on a populist level, and a strident, even blunt, speaking style, and too many citizens can temporarily allow emotion to supersede logic.

At least let’s hope it’s a temporary condition. What a travesty it would be if someone like Trump became the party standard bearer in a year when so many truly qualified conservatives are on the ticket, or worse yet, if he became a third-party candidate that siphoned off enough votes to give the election to the control freak on the Democrat ticket.

Associated Press award winning columnist Richard Larsen is President of Larsen Financial, a brokerage and financial planning firm in Pocatello, Idaho and is a graduate of Idaho State University with degrees in Political Science and History and coursework completed toward a Master’s in Public Administration. He can be reached at [email protected].

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Of course, there will be many who will cheer the president for these kind of statements.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-2 ... -face-lift

Trump Slams Morning "Psycho" Joe, Says Mika "Bleeding Badly From A Face-Lift"

by Tyler Durden
Jun 29, 2017 9:07 AM

Just when you thought President Trump's tweet tirade against his denigrators in the media had peaked, it appears he just turned up the anger amplifier to '11'...

I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came..
7:52 AM - 29 Jun 2017
3,033 3,033 Retweets 9,940 9,940 likes
Follow
...to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!
7:58 AM - 29 Jun 2017
2,444 2,444 Retweets 7,694 7,694 likes

Yes, the president of the United States just said that. And cue the CNN meltdown over this outburst...

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

https://mises.org/blog/trumps-pricey-lo ... udi-arabia

Mindful of Trump’s vanity, the Saudi government rolled out the red carpet for our narcissist-in-chief, lining the streets for miles with alternating U.S. and Saudi flags, huge images of which were projected onto the Ritz Carlton hotel where Trump was staying. (Before his arrival, in a sign of the psychological astuteness of his Saudi hosts, the hotel projected a five-story-high image of Trump himself onto its façade, pairing it with a similarly huge and flattering photo of the country’s ruler, King Salman.) His hosts also put up billboards with pictures of Trump and Salman over the slogan “together we prevail.” What exactly the two countries were to prevail against was left open to interpretation. It is, however, unlikely that the Saudis were thinking about Trump’s much-denounced enemy, ISIS -- given that Saudi planes, deep into a war in neighboring Yemen, have rarely joined Washington’s air war against that outfit. More likely, what they had in mind was their country’s bitter regional rival Iran.

The agenda planned for Trump’s stay included an anti-terrorism summit attended by 50 leaders from Arab and Muslim nations, a concert by country singer Toby Keith, and an exhibition game by the Harlem Globetrotters. Then there were the strange touches like President Trump, King Salman, and Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi laying hands on a futuristically glowing orb -- images of which then circled the planet -- in a ceremony inaugurating a new Global Center for Combatting Extremist Ideology, and Trump’s awkward participation in an all-male sword dance.

Unsurprisingly enough, the president was pleased with the spectacle staged in his honor, saying of the anti-terrorism summit in one of his many signature flights of hyperbole, “There has never been anything like it before, and perhaps there never will be again.”

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

What's worse than having an orange narcissist on Twitter all the time? Having an authoritarian orange narcissist who holds the office of president on Twitter.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-0 ... r-fraud-pa

29 States Refuse To Give Data To Voter Fraud Panel, "What Are They Trying To Hide" Trump Asks

by Tyler Durden
Jul 1, 2017 12:08 PM

Together with lashing out at the anchors of Morning Joe, slamming "garbage" fake news CNN, and suggesting that Greta Van Susteren was fired because she "refused to go along with Trump hate", President Trump on Saturday blasted the 29 (and rising) states refusing to comply with his election fraud commission's request for voter data to a commission he created to investigate alleged voter fraud, asking "what are they trying to hide?"

Follow
Numerous states are refusing to give information to the very distinguished VOTER FRAUD PANEL. What are they trying to hide?
8:07 AM - 1 Jul 2017

Last Wednesday, Trump's Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity - which was formed to investigate his claim that millions of illegal votes cost him the popular vote in the 2016 presidential election - sent a letter to all 50 states asking them to turn over voter information including names, the last four digits of social security numbers, addresses, birth dates, political affiliation, felony convictions and voting histories. The request was for information publicly available under each state's laws. And while some states are providing part of this information, many states immediately raised concerns and voiced their opposition to providing the information, and as of Saturday morning, more than half of all US states - 29 at last count - had refused to comply with the commission's requests, saying they are unnecessary and violated privacy, according to statements from election officials and media reports.

"This commission was formed to try to find basis for the lie that President Trump put forward that has no foundation," Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes told Reuters previously in an interview.

Among the states refusing to comply with Trump's request are both Democratic and Republican states.

Echoing Trump's skepticism, Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, the vice chair of the commission, had a similar response to the president on states refusing to comply.

“Frankly, if a state like Kentucky or California won’t provide available information, one has to ask the question, ‘Why not?’” Kobach said Friday during an interview with NPR. “I mean, what are they trying to hide if they don’t want a presidential advisory commission to study their state voter rolls?” he asked.

Several states replied to that question, as the Hill reports.

"There's not enough bourbon here in Kentucky to make this request seem sensible," Kentucky's Democratic Secretary of State, Alison Lundergan Grimes, said on MSNBC. "Not on my watch are we going to be releasing sensitive information that relate to the privacy of individuals."

Mississippi Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, a Republican, also said he won't turn over any information to the panel, telling members of the voter fraud commission to, "go jump in the Gulf of Mexico."

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, took a similar line, calling the Trump investigation an attempt to suppress the vote.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Speaking of narcissists and Twitter, a narcissist who runs the country and doesn't like it when people say mean things about him should never be able to block other users on Twitter. However, that's what the Marmalade Narcissist does. Only his voice matter, you peons! Back to the salt mines!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-07-1 ... tter-users

Trump Sued For Blocking Twitter Users

by Tyler Durden
Jul 11, 2017 12:26 PM

A trying day for the Trump administration has turned more bizarre, when shortly after Donald Trump Jr. released the chain of emails released ahead of his correspondence with the Russian lawyer who had promised to deliver anti-Clinton information with the implied blessing of the Russian government, a free-speech group sued President Donald Trump for blocking Twitter users from his @realDonaldTrump account, arguing the practice violates the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

The lawsuit adds that because Trump frequently turns to Twitter to make policy statements, his account qualifies as a public forum from which the government cannot exclude people on the basis of their views. Twitter users are unable to see or respond to tweets from accounts that block them, although there is nothing preventing Trump from simply muting any accounts that bother him without the knowledge of the counterparty.

“President Trump’s Twitter account has become an important source of news and information about the government, and an important forum for speech by, to, or about the president,” Jameel Jaffer, an executive director at the Knight Institute said in a statement. “The First Amendment applies to this digital forum in the same way it applies to town halls and open school board meetings. The White House acts unlawfully when it excludes people from this forum simply because they’ve disagreed with the president.”

The lawsuit was brought by the Knight First Amendment Institute, a non-profit organization affiliated with Columbia University, and joined by seven individual Twitter users, and claims that Trump blocked a number of accounts whose owners replied to his tweets with comments that criticized, mocked or disagreed with the president. The lawsuit, filed in Southern District of NY, claims that Trump's blocking of the accounts amounted to an unconstitutional effort to suppress dissent, although we are confident that Twitter itself would have certain things to say about the purpose of the "block" function which it has been touting in recent months as a way to evade trolls.

According to Bloomberg, the Knights First Amendment institute first warned it may seek an injunction in early June when they sent a letter to Trump, his counsel, press secretary, and social media director. At the time, the institute represented two Twitter users, both of whom said they were blocked after criticizing the president on the social media platform.

"Everyone being able to see the president's tweets feels vital to democracy," Joseph Papp, one of the seven Twitter users involved in the suit, said in a statement. As Reuters adds, Papp, an author, said he had been a registered Republican for 10 years and did not join the suit for political reasons, but that he "felt a deep sense of unease" when he was blocked.

The suit names Spicer and Dan Scavino, the White House director of social media, as defendants in addition to Trump. It asks for the blocking to be deemed unconstitutional and seeks an injunction to require the president to unblock users. The complaint follows a letter from the Knight Institute to Trump last month warning it would sue if users were not unblocked.

While the White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment, as it probably has bigger fish to fry at this moment, last month Sean Spicer said Trump's tweets were considered "official statements by the president of the United States."

The Knight Institute's arguments may have merit, independent free speech and internet law scholars say, in part because Trump's tweets are used to announce policy decisions or can influence legislation. Previous cases involving politicians blocking users on Facebook may bolster its case.

The federal lawsuit, case number 1:17-cv-05205, is below.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Silver, why are you so obsessed with Trump? Daddy thing?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Trump: Me, my, I, my, me, mine, my, I, my, I, mine, me, me, me. Look at me!

The country: We're tired of winning. No wall. no healthcare, no tax cuts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-claim ... dent-ever/

By BLAIR GUILD CBS NEWS July 18, 2017, 5:14 PM
Trump claims he's passed more bills "than any president, ever"
Last Updated Jul 19, 2017 12:36 PM EDT

As President Trump approaches the six month mark of his presidency, he boasted about his legislative successes at a "Made in America week" event hosted by the White House on Monday.

"We've signed more bills -- and I'm talking about through the legislature -- than any president, ever," Mr. Trump said. "For a while, Harry Truman had us. And now, I think, we have everybody."

While Mr. Trump has signed 42 bills into law during the first few months of his presidency, more than former president Barack Obama's 39, he still falls slightly behind the legislative pace of the past six presidencies, who signed an average of 43 bills in this timeframe, the New York Times reported.

In the first half-year of his presidency, Jimmy Carter signed 70 bills. In this same period, Bill Clinton signed 50 and George W. Bush signed 20.

In just the first 100 days of his first term, former president Truman signed 55 bills and Franklin Delano Roosevelt, facing the effects of the Great Depression signed 76 bills in a massive 100-day push. By comparison, on Mr. Trump's 100th day on April 29 he had signed 29 bills into law.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

larsenb wrote: May 20th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Silver wrote: May 20th, 2017, 8:25 pm
larsenb wrote: May 20th, 2017, 5:31 pm
Silver wrote: May 20th, 2017, 5:09 pm . . . . . . For somebody who doesn't care you sure are obsessed with responding to all my emails.

Trump is evil. He's killing innocents which you refuse to accept. Why should the US get involved in a Sunni/Shia rivalry?
Actually, in responding to you, I had some hope of kicking you out of your black-and-white view of Trump. The above indicates this isn't going to happen.

Have you noticed the actual few times I have responded to your posts, relative to the number you put out. Go back and do a count. My response is probably 1 out of 20-30 of your posts. And believe me, you will see me dropping back into this pattern at even a smaller ratio, as time goes on. I normally know when to give up.

You could call NATO and all the people and their leaders who support it, as being evil using your criteria. Why don't you actually respond to what I've said about Trump's incursions into Syria and Yemen. Can you state my view on these issues, which has been fed to you several times? I doubt it.
So you've got a view about Syria and Yemen. How does that help the dead and wounded or their survivors? If the man is a murderer, not much else about his character matters.
Let me repeat: Any head of state involved in wars over the past 170 years and more, have been guilty of killing innocent people in the manner you accuse Trump of doing. You seem to have just discovered this with Trump (not that he has deliberately gone out to kill innocents). Do you actually think he has?? You can't be that naive. But then . . . . who knows.

And you've read what I think about Syria and Yemen. Do you remember what I've said? Obviously not.
Could you repeat please?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

More bwahahas from the Narcissist In Chief. He can't string together two coherent sentences in a speech and neither can he have a serious phone conversation with a peer without destroying the English language and constantly referring to himself or his own interests. But, yeah, you know, he's gonna MAGA.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-0 ... pts-leaked

Trump Phone Call Transcripts Leaked: "New Hampshire Is A Drug Infested Den"

by Tyler Durden
Aug 3, 2017 10:22 AM

It will probably not come as a surprise that days after the biggest shake up among White House communications personnel, the Washington Post obtained transcripts of President Trump's classified calls with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull from the early days of his presidency back in January. While details of the calls had been made public previously, this is the first time entire transcripts have leaked out.

Back then, when the biggest issue on Trump's domestic policy plate was the issue of the "Great Wall" across the Mexican border, and the fate of refugees coming into the US, which eventually led to various lawsuits blocking Trump's immigration and travel ban from several mostly Muslim countries, the president expressed frustration over accepting refugees from Australian detention centers under a humanitarian deal negotiated by the Obama administration and candidly discussed the Mexican border wall, telling the Mexican president "If you are going to say that Mexico is not going to pay for the wall, then I do not want to meet with you guys anymore because I cannot live with that."

One of the funniest lines: "On the wall, you and I both have a political problem. My people stand up and say, 'Mexico will pay for the wall,' and your people probably say something in a similar but slightly different language."

In a line likely to surprise some Trump supporters, the president described the wall as "the least important thing we are talking about, but politically this might be the most important."

On the sensitive issue of payment, Trump told the Mexican president "you cannot say that to the press,” urging him to refrain from the public statements because of the political damage it would impose on Trump. He also asked Nieto not to oppose Trump's demand that Mexico pay for the wall, telling him the funding would "come out in the wash, and that is okay."

Trump said both he and Nieto should say they “will work it out” when forced to answer questions about the wall. Nieto pushed back at Trump's demands, saying the wall was "an issue related to the dignity of Mexico and goes to the national pride of my country.”

He ultimately said he would “stop talking about the wall” but did not agree in anyway that Mexico would pay for its construction. Since the call, Trump has continued to publicly say that Mexico would pay for the wall when he has been asked about it, even as the government has taken steps to fund it in different ways. The House has included $1.6 billion in funding for the wall in an appropriations measure under consideration by Congress. Democrats oppose including any more for the way in appropriations measures.

In another controversial exchange with the Mexican leader over the drug problem in the US and Mexico, Trump said "We have a massive drug problem where kids are becoming addicted to drugs because the drugs are being sold for less money than candy. I won New Hampshire because New Hampshire is a drug-infested den."

In a separate phone call, Trump told Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull earlier this year that he had a better call with Russian President Vladimir Putin before ending a contentious phone call. Trump argued with Turnbull over an agreement on refugees the U.S. president thought was unfair during their first conversation following his inauguration.

“I have had it,” Trump told his Australian counterpart during the Jan. 28 call, according to the same leaked transcript. “I have been making these calls all day, and this is the most unpleasant call all day.”

Some other Turnbull call highlights:

"This is going to kill me. I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country. And now I am agreeing to take 2,000 people."
"I hate taking these people. I guarantee you they are bad. That is why they are in prison right now. They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people."
Aside from embarrassing the president, the leaks present a major headache for Gen. Kelly, Trump's new chief of staff, who is expected to bring back normalcy to the Oval cabinet. As The Hill notes, the disclosure is likely to raise alarms at the White House, which has struggled to contain leaks of classified and sensitive information. As Axios adds, the calls remain classified, so the fact that the transcripts made it to the Post is a serious issue. Both documents include notes that the transcripts had been reviewed by Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg Jr., the chief of staff for the National Security Council.

Trump’s calls with foreign leaders have not been declassified. The White House said in February, days after the call, it would probe how the details of the call became public

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I thought about responding but then the pizza arrived. Pretty good pizza actually.