Best Testimonies on 3 Nephites visitations or ministrations, post here:

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Best Testimonies on 3 Nephites visitations or ministrations, post here:

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Found this a while back, listen to sweet lady's detailed story of one of Three Nephites ministering to her and another ill sister also a Book of Mormon Believer while they lay suffering in a TB Ward, many years ago: ie TB meaning tuberculosis-not True Blue Mormon Ward folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhmgGe7VQH8&t=16s

Keep the thread alive w real testimonies of 3 Nephite encounters.
Sorry for link only I forgot how to embed YouTube vids

njb

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Best Testimonies on 3 Nephites visitations or ministrations, post here:

Post by kittycat51 »

Darn, I wanted to see the video. My computer won't let me. X( I find the topic very interesting. I remember many years ago, my old grandmother claimed (or thought) that the 3 Nephites showed up at her door once. I was young, probably 10, but even then I didn't think she knew what she was talking about. Regardless I found this...

The following is from the 2012 LDS seminary manual for youth:

Avoid speculation about the Three Nephites.

"Many have heard stories about supposed visits of the Three Nephites. Rather than share these stories, teach what is taught in the scriptures. Remember Mormon's statement that the Three Nephites would be among the Gentiles and Jews, who would "know them not" (3 Nephi 28:27–28). Refrain from discussing stories or other information that is not found in Church-approved sources."

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Ok here is one:

This one comes from the April 1954 General Conference, as spoken by Elder LeGrand Richards.

“A short time ago, when a committee was sent there [to Israel] by President Truman, they were told by Chaim Weizmann, the first president of Israel, that it was their belief in a mystical force that would return the Jews to the land of Israel, that had kept them alive.
In the Jewish Hope, of September 1950, was an article by Arthur U. Michelson. I will not take time to read it, but he tells of a visit he made to Jerusalem, when he heard the experience of the Jewish army. They had only one cannon, and were facing the Arabs with their well-trained and equipped army, and so when they used this cannon, they moved it from place to place so the enemy would think they had many, and every time the cannon was fired, they would beat tin cans in order to make a lot of noise so that the enemy would think they had many cannons. I want to read what he said about what happened when the armies of Israel were about to give up:
“One of the officials has told me how much the Jews had to suffer. They had hardly anything with which to resist the heavy attacks of the Arabs who were well organized and equipped with the latest weapons. Besides, they had neither food nor water, because all their supplies were cut off.
“At this critical moment, God showed them that he was on their side, for he performed one of the greatest miracles that ever happened. The Arabs suddenly threw down their arms and surrendered. When their delegation appeared with the white flag, they asked, ‘Where are the three men and where are all the troops we saw?’ The Jews told them that they did not know anything of the three men, for this group was their entire force. The Arabs said that they saw three persons, with long beards and flowing white robes who warned them not to fight any longer, otherwise they would all be killed. They became so frightened that they decided to give up. What an encouragement this was for the Jews to realize that God was fighting for them.
“And then he told about another case when one man with a white robe and a long beard appeared, and they all saw him, and they gave up their arms. Now I do not know, but the Lord said that he would do something for the Jews in the latter days, and when he permitted the Three Nephites to tarry upon this land, he said:
“And behold they will be among the Gentiles, and the Gentiles shall know them not. They will also be among the Jews, and the Jews shall know them not. And it shall come to pass, when the lord seeth fit in his wisdom that they shall minister unto all the scattered tribes of Israel, and unto all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, and shall bring out of them unto Jesus many souls, that their desire may be fulfilled, and also because of the convincing power of God which is in them. (3 Ne. 28:27-29.)”

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Cool: I think I heard of that one, but it bears repeating.

Njb

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

kittycat51 wrote: May 15th, 2017, 2:09 pm Darn, I wanted to see the video. My computer won't let me. X( I find the topic very interesting. I remember many years ago, my old grandmother claimed (or thought) that the 3 Nephites showed up at her door once. I was young, probably 10, but even then I didn't think she knew what she was talking about. Regardless I found this...

The following is from the 2012 LDS seminary manual for youth:

Avoid speculation about the Three Nephites.

"Many have heard stories about supposed visits of the Three Nephites. Rather than share these stories, teach what is taught in the scriptures. Remember Mormon's statement that the Three Nephites would be among the Gentiles and Jews, who would "know them not" (3 Nephi 28:27–28). Refrain from discussing stories or other information that is not found in Church-approved sources."

Kitty:

If you enter Nephite Testimony in YouTube Search bar you should be able to find it.

The lady speaking is like 85 years old and sharp as a tack.

Njb

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

I have wondered if the Zwickau Prophets were the 3 Nephites.

They taught : personal revelation, no infant baptism, leadership of the church from the membership.

Interesting departure too: "Luther claimed to have demanded that they authenticate their message with a miracle, a sign which the men refused to give. The Prophets then denounced Luther and left Wittenberg.[13]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwickau_prophets

http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Zwickau_Prophets

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I have a personal story here - not a close encounter but still a cool story and testimony builder.

In my youth, I visited Cancun with my family twice - once in 5th grade and once before my mission. We went to the ruins of Chichen Itza both times. In the 7 years between visits to the site, many of the ruins were restored. During the first visit, we paid for a tour guide. As we passed by a pile of rubble that was not restored (there were many,) my father says he felt prompted to ask the tour guide about it.

The tour guide said, "That is the temple of the three brothers. As legend has it, the three brothers came and dwelt with this people for a long time and taught the people many things, including astronomy. When the Toltecs came with human sacrifice, the three brothers left."

You may have heard of the "observatory" at Chichen Itza ... yeah that may have been a product of the three nephites.

So the three brothers dwelt there for a long time, were teachers, and left when Toltecs introduced human sacrifice in the area:
Mormon 8:10 And there are none that do know the true God save it be the disciples of Jesus, who did tarry in the land until the wickedness of the people was so great that the Lord would not suffer them to remain with the people; and whether they be upon the face of the land no man knoweth.

Mormon 1:16 And I did endeavor to preach unto this people, but my mouth was shut, and I was forbidden that I should preach unto them; for behold they had wilfully rebelled against their God; and the beloved disciples were taken away out of the land, because of their iniquity.
I'm not saying I support the mesoamerica theory or not as the three nephites could easily have gone to the Yucatan Peninsula after the events of the Book of Mormon - According to wikipedia, Chichen Itza's period was 600 AD - 1200 AD.

So just before my mission my family returned to Cancun and the "Temple of the Three Brothers" had been restored. The building looked like a miniature temple. There were several steps that lead up to a platform in front of a small building. Upon entering the building, there was one hallway with three doors leading to three identical rooms. The writing in this building was very simple compared to the writing found throughout the ruins, which seemed to comprise of more of a pictograph style. This writing was found along the hallway above the three doors.

Standing on the platform outside and looking away from the building the temple faced what looked like a dome - it was all dirt and grass but the shape was very much like an auditorium.

The sad part was we did not purchase a tour this time but a tour book, and the book did not name this site "The Temple of The Three Brothers" but called it something else - something I do not recall. Something not even close.

Another interesting fact about Chichen Itza is the Temple of KulKulkan shows the descending serpent on the side of its steps on the spring equinox - Kulkulkan and Quetzalcoatl are linked to the same deity - the descending serpent God. Moses lifted up a brass serpent for the poisoned Israelites to look and live. The serpent symbolizes Christ as the creature that descends below all as He descended below all when He took upon Himself the atonement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukulkan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chichen_Itza

https://www.mormonwiki.com/Quetzalcoatl

EDIT:

I may have found the "Temple of the Three Brothers." We took pictures of it when we were there, but they are at my parents' house. I'm 99 percent sure this is it:

It is referred to as "Casa Colorada" or the "Red House" in English even though that's not the correct direct translation. It supposedly was the best preserved ruin at Chichen Itza and had red painting that was still apparent upon its discovery. There are some other photos online that show the state it was in before restoration and there were certainly piles of rubble around it.

The "Casa Colorada" is near the observatory:

3D view (turn your volume down first especially if you are at work:)

http://247rep.com/chichen_itza_yucatan_ ... mexico.htm
Last edited by Alaris on May 16th, 2017, 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Cool story Alaris, very plausible.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

I was somewhat of a lone man in the wilderness after my mission. I did not have parents. Also, I was the youngest of my family and my siblings who were spread out throughout the nation were in the midst of raising their families. Sparing the telling of a lot of details from that time-- I suddenly found myself living in BYU housing fall of 99. I wanted desperately to go to school but did not have the funds. I had told, I'm pretty for certain, nobody of my circumstances. Christmas break came and all my roommates left to be with their families. Sulking a little bit in my lonely circumstances in the empty apartment-- a knock came at the door. A friendly man asked me if I was Jared. He explained to me that he was given money( the amount was just shy of $1,000) to give to me. He said that he was told I was a good person and that the $ should only go towards school. I had Interesting serendipitous moments / blessings leading up to that experience and after... Often I have wondered what form of angel that fella was. Was he mortal like you and me or by chance was he one of the 3 etc. I should petition the Lord more sincerely on the matter. Any ways thought I would chime in.

thaabit
captain of 100

Post by thaabit »

alaris wrote: May 15th, 2017, 5:49 pm You may have heard of the "observatory" at Chichen Itza ... yeah that may have been a product of the three nephites.

Another interesting fact about Chichen Itza is the Temple of KulKulkan shows the descending serpent on the side of its steps on the spring equinox - Kulkulkan and Quetzalcoatl are linked to the same deity - the descending serpent God. Moses lifted up a brass serpent for the poisoned Israelites to look and live. The serpent symbolizes Christ as the creature that descends below all as He descended below all when He took upon Himself the atonement.
When I went to Chichen Itza a few years ago, I felt pretty strongly that whoever built many of structures there was someone of great intelligence in the spiritual sense, something akin to a temple (in particular the observatory and Temple of KulKulkan). There are several references to astronomy/sacred geometry.
A building called the Caracol, believed to have served as an observatory, is also found at the site of Chichen Itza. The windows are set up to align with certain points of interest. Although the top is damaged, remaining windows point to the northern- and southern-most positions of Venus, the position of sunset on the Equinoxes, and the corners of the building itself point to the sunrises and sets of the solstices.
from http://coolinterestingstuff.com/mysteri ... -the-world

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Caracol is the observatory. I edited my original reply with some pics and more information.

Here's a 3D virtual tour of Chichen Itza

http://www.airpano.com/360Degree-Virtua ... tza-mexico

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

round towers connection between anasazi and maya....

"

Round towers are located as well at the spectacular cliff dwellings in Mesa Verde National Park of southwestern Colorado. These include Cliff Palace, Sun Temple, Cedar Tree Tower, and Far View Community. The Cajon Group at Hovenweep National Monument in southeastern Utah also exemplifies this type of ceremonial structure. Circular buildings are found at Mummy Cave Ruin in Canyon de Chelly National Monument and at Wukoki Ruin at Wupatki National Monument. Both of these sites located in Arizona are traditional homes of the Snake Clan.

Incidentally, the astronomical orientations of Wukoki Ruin are akin to those of the circular Caracol observatory at Chichén Itzá built three hundred years earlier by the Yucatan Maya, who worshipped the plumed serpent Kukulkan, and who share many cultural traits with the Hopi. Wukoki is also a former house of the Snake Clan.
"
http://azorion.tripod.com/serpent_knights.htm

possibly anasazi people were exodused one from maya lead by 3 brothers?!
:-B

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

I know of an experience with the three Nephites. But I can't share it. It didn't happen to me, and it was a long, long time ago. Very sacred story.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

sushi_chef wrote: May 16th, 2017, 8:47 pm round towers connection between anasazi and maya....

"

Round towers are located as well at the spectacular cliff dwellings in Mesa Verde National Park of southwestern Colorado. These include Cliff Palace, Sun Temple, Cedar Tree Tower, and Far View Community. The Cajon Group at Hovenweep National Monument in southeastern Utah also exemplifies this type of ceremonial structure. Circular buildings are found at Mummy Cave Ruin in Canyon de Chelly National Monument and at Wukoki Ruin at Wupatki National Monument. Both of these sites located in Arizona are traditional homes of the Snake Clan.

Incidentally, the astronomical orientations of Wukoki Ruin are akin to those of the circular Caracol observatory at Chichén Itzá built three hundred years earlier by the Yucatan Maya, who worshipped the plumed serpent Kukulkan, and who share many cultural traits with the Hopi. Wukoki is also a former house of the Snake Clan.
"
http://azorion.tripod.com/serpent_knights.htm

possibly anasazi people were exodused one from maya lead by 3 brothers?!
Super cool Sushi_Chef! The astronomical orientations being the same is synchronous to my story. Also, have a look at these alleged maps of Moroni's travels:

http://www.bmaf.org/articles/joseph_roc ... hristensen

Based off these maps, Moroni may have traveled through Arizona and Utah. We know he was in Utah based off BY. From the above url:
According to Patriarch McBride, Moroni was accompanied by other Nephites during part of his journey to Palmyra. No information has been found from either brother's writings why he finished the last part of his journey alone or what happened to those who followed him in his exodus. Knowing that Moroni had a group with him is consistent with President Brigham Young's statement when he announced the building of the St. George temple, that ".....this spot was dedicated by the Nephites. They could not build it (the temple) but we can and will build it for them."
Also...
Brother Snow says: “We two were alone: President Young took me to the spot where the Temple was to stand; we went to the southeast corner, and President Young said: “Here is the spot where the prophet Moroni stood and dedicated this piece of land for a Temple site, and that is the reason why the location is made here, and we can’t move it from this spot; and if you and I are the only persons that come here at high noon today, we will dedicate this ground.” (Whitney 436)
In my mind there is little doubt that Utah and Arizona are lands that are gathering centers and is not surprising to consider that Moroni and the three nephites spent some time around these areas.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

sushi_ kinda liked this story....

"At the time of the first settlement of Payson, Utah, a man . . . was sent on a mission to Germany, while the wife was left in Payson to manage their rather isolated farm land. One winter morning . . . a tall elderly gentleman knocked at her door. Not a little surprised at seeing a stranger in this sparsely populated region, she invited him in. He told her he had traveled far and was very hungry. Food was never plentiful in that household, and the fact that it was midwinter caused a greater scarcity than ever. However, the good woman, wrapping part of a loaf of bread in an old bit of peculiarly patterned cloth, offered it to the stranger. [115] The old man thanked her and went his way. The woman followed him to the door and found he had disappeared without leaving a single track in the snow. This incident took place one day before Christmas, and that fact, together with the strangeness of the whole proceeding, caused the young woman to remember the date.

Several years later, the day after her husband’s return, she was helping him to unpack his belongings when she found, carefully folded in a corner of his trunk, the same odd piece of cloth in which she had wrapped the stranger’s bread. Her husband related to her this story:

“It was on the day before Christmas. . . . The money which was to pay my expenses was many days overdue, and I was alone and penniless in a strange city. I had not eaten for two days. . . . Upon looking up I perceived a tall, elderly gentleman walking toward me. I turned aside to allow him to pass, but he took me by the arm, and removing a package from his pocket, wrapped in this piece of cloth, placed it in my hand. He then said, `Go to the post office. Even now your money awaits you there.’ Without another word he turned and disappeared around a nearby corner. . . . I opened the package and found it contained a half loaf of fresh bread. Later I went to the post office and found the money, just as he had said.” (Taken from an anonymous manuscript in the files of the WPA Writers’ Project, Utah State Historical Society, Salt Lake City, Utah)
"
http://ogdenkraut.com/?page_id=209

remembers bought that one at used book store located 900?west ? not center street provo, that was probably sometime 1980s....

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

oh yes, super cool, moon in aquarius is going to approach trine-aspects to jupiter and mars, probably thats why....just saying. peradventure more profoundly transit mars is now conjunct with sushi_s moon sign degree, bwhahaha....

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

btw, found above round towers url by, Chichen Itza orion
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... za%20orion

"Image
The arrangement of the pyramids at Teotihuacan (Left), have been compared with those at Ghiza (Right).
"
http://www.ancient-wisdom.com/pyramids.htm
interesting.... probably three nephites are interstellar travellers too....

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I'm pretty sure this is true because it happEned to my friends co-workers sisters husbands cousin in southern utah....

It was Christmas time and this lady was driving north on an unidentifeid highway to meet her sister and do Christmas shopping, when she saw a hitchhiker. Her husband told her to never pick up hitchhikers, but something told her she should this time. The guy would not sit in front with her, rather he sat in the back seat. She said she should have felt nervous but didn't....the old man asked her about her family and where she was going. When she informed him she was going Christmas shopping he told her she should not purchase Christmas presents but should go buy a bunch of Food storage for the trials that lay ahead. The words pricked the ladies heart, she turned around to ask the guy why he would say that, but there was no one in the back seat. She quickly pulled over and started to cry.

A few minutes later the highway patrolman who happened to be the second counselor in her ward bishopric, knocked on her window. He asked her if she was all right and why she was crying. She told him she was fine, but that he wouldn't understand why she was crying. He assured he would understand, and asked her if she had picked up a hitchhiker. She was shocked, how could he have guessed that? Because he told her, she was the 17th car to stop in this area in the last 4 days.

The lady continued her journey north. She convinced her sister to delay shopping and meet her for lunch at the BYU sky room restaurant. She was the lone persons on the elevator to go up to the 6th floor. The elevator stopped to let on another passenger. It was an old man with a big trench coat and wool fedora, she didn't recognize him, but then he turned and said hello and she saw tat it was president hinckley. He asked her about her family, then just as the elevator was slowing down he turned to her and said...you know if You knew what I knew was coming you would take that money you have saved for a family vacation And buy an old farm instead. Then he walked off the elevator. She was shocked because she and her husband had been saving money for three years to take their kids to Disney land and Southern California. She used her cell phone to call her husband to tell him she had met the prophet! Her husband was excited too, but when she told him about the advice to to skip a vacation and buy a farm her husband went silent. just that morning His uncle had offered to sell him 20-acres from the old family farm for the exact amount of money they had saved.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

tribrac wrote: May 17th, 2017, 8:44 am I'm pretty sure this is true because it happEned to my friends co-workers sisters husbands cousin in southern utah....

It was Christmas time and this lady was driving north on an unidentifeid highway to meet her sister and do Christmas shopping, when she saw a hitchhiker. Her husband told her to never pick up hitchhikers, but something told her she should this time. The guy would not sit in front with her, rather he sat in the back seat. She said she should have felt nervous but didn't....the old man asked her about her family and where she was going. When she informed him she was going Christmas shopping he told her she should not purchase Christmas presents but should go buy a bunch of Food storage for the trials that lay ahead. The words pricked the ladies heart, she turned around to ask the guy why he would say that, but there was no one in the back seat. She quickly pulled over and started to cry.

A few minutes later the highway patrolman who happened to be the second counselor in her ward bishopric, knocked on her window. He asked her if she was all right and why she was crying. She told him she was fine, but that he wouldn't understand why she was crying. He assured he would understand, and asked her if she had picked up a hitchhiker. She was shocked, how could he have guessed that? Because he told her, she was the 17th car to stop in this area in the last 4 days.

The lady continued her journey north. She convinced her sister to delay shopping and meet her for lunch at the BYU sky room restaurant. She was the lone persons on the elevator to go up to the 6th floor. The elevator stopped to let on another passenger. It was an old man with a big trench coat and wool fedora, she didn't recognize him, but then he turned and said hello and she saw tat it was president hinckley. He asked her about her family, then just as the elevator was slowing down he turned to her and said...you know if You knew what I knew was coming you would take that money you have saved for a family vacation And buy an old farm instead. Then he walked off the elevator. She was shocked because she and her husband had been saving money for three years to take their kids to Disney land and Southern California. She used her cell phone to call her husband to tell him she had met the prophet! Her husband was excited too, but when she told him about the advice to to skip a vacation and buy a farm her husband went silent. just that morning His uncle had offered to sell him 20-acres from the old family farm for the exact amount of money they had saved.

You have quite a sense of humor! I know the Nephites do administer to the Saints but you won't get the sacred experiences on a public forum like you would from a personal friend. The testimony comes from seeing how much the Lord cares for and succors the "one" not from interacting with a Nephite. I love your story, so typical of good old Mormon folklore.

Now why did my comments go in with your quoted text, I'll never get the tech right!