My thoughts about the Denver Snuffer Movement

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Chris
captain of 100

Re: My thoughts about the Denver Snuffer Movement

Post by Chris »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 12:59 pm I am Steven, and yes this is my blog. I'm glad you liked what I brought out.
Man I don't mean any disrespect. But I am very disappointed. I went to your blog and my heart breaks for you.

How can you leave the church and claim to have a testimony of the BOM and Joseph. Ill never understand how the devil can so deceive people. Joseph gave literally hundreds of prophecies about the destiny of this church in the latter days! What about those! What about his prophecies of Brigham Young and the last charge meeting. The whole Brigham assassin line is crap and anyone with half of a brain should be able to see that without any questions.

IS he a prophet or not. Josephs prophecies have all been fulfilled. How can you turn your back on the prophet? The cleansing is coming very soon, come back while there is time to do so.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Meili wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:50 pm
SJR3t2 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 6:29 pm
Meili wrote: May 8th, 2017, 3:15 pm Whoa, dude. Show me some evidence. Even just a little.
You can find pieces here and there one place to start is http://restorationbookstore.org/jsfp-index.htm
I'm familiar with the book but haven't read it. Does it cite information about Brigham Young arranging for Joseph's murder?
Don't waste your time on that Meli. Anyone can write a book and say anything they want to. Doesn't make it true

Steven why dont you point out that Brigham Young secretly killed Joseph and then went to smurf village and became papa smurf. He took the 10000 he got from the government for killing his best friend Joseph and bought blue die for all his little friends. Because he felt so blue for killing his best friend. But papa smurf wanted to have a harem and the US government did not want him too. He felt so betrayed because they promised if he killed Joseph he would be able have all the wives he wanted. But what papa smurf wasn't counting on was that Joseph would come back as gargamel. To this day he haunts him. But the really crazy news is Denver Snuffer will come and displace them all and become the prophet of this dispensation!

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 11:42 am My thoughts about the Denver Snuffer Movement https://seekingyhwh.com/2017/04/30/my-t ... -movement/
Denver's greatest mistake was that he left the safety of sustaining the brethren and then because he lost the standard that they provide he became self-sustaining.

However, in what way are you any different? You have forsaken the church, the Holy Ghost, your priesthood authority and any temple blessings you may have had by virtue of voluntarily leaving the church. You say the Lord led you to do this and so now we can clearly see that you have a new guide which again is only possible because you forsook the guides the Lord provided. This is the tragedy.

Indeed Denver Snuffer has erred but though this is true, his master will take any and all acolytes. They need not agree with each other they simply need to respond to Satan's voice. Truly a sad situation.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: May 8th, 2017, 8:43 pmSo who do you believe are the current priesthood holders?
I believe I have the priesthood, not the highest, that I need to get directly from God.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Older/wiser? wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:16 pmJust to clarify about the priesthood Moses 6:7 Now this same Priesthood, which was in the beginning, shall be in the end of the world also. If you read v8 it then discusses genealogy, The Priesthood and genealogy are tied together.
Moses 6:8 Now this prophecy Adam spake, as he was moved upon by the Holy Ghost, and a genealogy was kept of the children of God. And this was the book of the generations of Adam, saying: In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

I don't see this verse butting genealogy and priesthood together.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Older/wiser? wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:16 pm I believe an in-depth study of Rev. 1-5 Gives understanding to the Lords dealings and counsel to the 7 Churches, and shows the Lord doesn't separate the Priesthood from His Bride the Church, thou she is chastened. IMHO
I personally believe much of Book of Revelations is much misunderstood. I believe that the Polar Configuration shows how Book of Revelation, Isaiah and the Exodus of Moses are talking about the same type of events. I also believe there will be a time in the future the Lord will set forth his hand a second time to and cause another exodus greater than the one of Moses, such greater Moses' will not be talked about anymore.

D&C talks much about the Church of the Firstborn. Which is the church I desire to be part of.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:26 pmI was getting to that brother, just trying to show him how the priesthood/church are one and you can't have one without the other
FYI Joseph Smith had the priesthood before the church was organized. Alma the elder had priesthood before he organized a church. I submit the church needs the priesthood, but the priesthood does not need a church.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Meili wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:47 pm
When attending sacrament with those in the Denver movement they would rather talk about the latest blogs than talk about scriptures, and they claimed these blogs were continued revelation.
One thing I believe people liked is that there is not much focus on the Lord’s commandments. Other than Denver saying you need to follow them on occasion, but I’ve heard many of his followers talk about how we don’t need to follow the commandments. After being among the DSites for a while I started asking what are the commandments that Denver reminds us to follow, never got an answer other than read your scriptures.
The only commandment I’ve read Denver Snuffer say we need to follow in his tenth lecture is how we need to get a certificate from seven women to be able to do priesthood ordinances outside of your own family.
I would also like to see more citations to Denver's stuff. You make a lot of claims about what he has said. Most of it is unfamiliar to me. Since I haven't read everything he's written, I can't say it's not true but it would be nice to be able to check for myself.
I know many others who have had these experiences also.

I gave some citations, I don't remember all the citations for everything. I wrote this post because someone asked me too.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Meili wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:50 pm I'm familiar with the book but haven't read it. Does it cite information about Brigham Young arranging for Joseph's murder?
As far as I know Denver never brings up that subject. I have no idea what Denver believes regarding it.

Even though I don't agree with everything that is in it, I still believe it is a good read.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Chris wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:51 pm How can you leave the church and claim to have a testimony of the BOM and Joseph. Ill never understand how the devil can so deceive people. Joseph gave literally hundreds of prophecies about the destiny of this church in the latter days! What about those! What about his prophecies of Brigham Young and the last charge meeting. The whole Brigham assassin line is crap and anyone with half of a brain should be able to see that without any questions.

IS he a prophet or not. Josephs prophecies have all been fulfilled. How can you turn your back on the prophet? The cleansing is coming very soon, come back while there is time to do so.
You know I have come across that there are around 500 churches/groups that believe in the BoM and Joseph Smith, and LDS church is only one of them. There is no where in the BoM it says there is a requirement to be LDS to believe in the BoM.

In fact that is a Baptist preacher that is somewhat famous and uses the BoM in his church and his members believe it also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8X8a7DtwUI

Here is a forgotten quote from JS regarding the BoM.

[Joseph Smith] closed by referring to the Mormon Bible, which he said, contained nothing inconsistent or conflicting with the Christian Bible, and he again repeated that all who would follow the precepts of the Bible, whether Mormon or not, would assuredly be saved. - Words of Joseph Smith - Deluxe Study Edition (Kindle Locations 563-564). Packard Technologies. Kindle Edition.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

brlenox wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:21 pmHowever, in what way are you any different? You have forsaken the church, the Holy Ghost, your priesthood authority and any temple blessings you may have had by virtue of voluntarily leaving the church. You say the Lord led you to do this and so now we can clearly see that you have a new guide which again is only possible because you forsook the guides the Lord provided. This is the tragedy.
Priesthood comes from God not man. I removed my name because God told me too through the Holy Ghost.

Haven't heard anything like this happening from any church or any person claiming to have God's priesthood or anything like unto it.

Nephi raising his brother from the dead in front of wicked people.

3 Nephi 7
18 And it came to pass that they were angry with him, even because he had greater power than they, for it were not possible that they could disbelieve his words, for so great was his faith on the Lord Jesus Christ that angels did minister unto him daily.
19 And in the name of Jesus did he cast out devils and unclean spirits; and even his brother did he raise from the dead, after he had been stoned and suffered death by the people.
20 And the people saw it, and did witness of it, and were angry with him because of his power; and he did also do many more miracles, in the sight of the people, in the name of Jesus.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

brlenox wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:21 pm Indeed Denver Snuffer has erred but though this is true, his master will take any and all acolytes. They need not agree with each other they simply need to respond to Satan's voice. Truly a sad situation.
You mean like a voice that tell you all is well in Zion?

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2015/07/all-is-well?lang=eng

2 Nephi 28
21 And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.
25 Wo be unto him that crieth: All is well!

Or how LDS D&C 132 is a fulfillment of one thing that predicted in 2 Nephi 28 which is bad. https://seekingyhwh.com/2017/05/02/2-ne ... -dc-13226/

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Moses 6:8 now this prophecy Adam spake, as he was moved upon by the Holy Ghost, and the genealogy was kept of the children of God and this was the book of generations of Adam saying in the day that God created man in the likeness of God made he him. The point is having discussed the priesthood which is the prophecy of the last days Adam spake, he then goes over genealogy, these to are tied together not just ramdon associations. Why was genealogy so important? If not associated with the Priesthood. Read Abraham 2-4

Abraham 1:24 and it was after the manner of the government of ham which was patriarchal .v26 seeking earnestly to imitate that order established by the fathers and the first generations in the days of the first patriarchal reign even in the reign of Adam , and also of Noah, his father who blessed him with the blessings of the earth and with the blessings of wisdom but cursed him as pertaining to the priesthood .
The whole story of Abraham has everything to do with genealogy and priesthood . Verse 27 now, Pharaoh having been of the lineage by which you could not have the right of priesthood notwithstanding the pharaohs would feign claim it from Noah through ham .
The restored gospel, having the restored Priesthood is also tied in with genealogy, some of the early brethren had a common ancestor from England. You need added insight which you cannot receive as long as you believe the things you posted. Following any of DS teachings is like dropping a few drops of ink in a glass of water, it becomes tainted . The truth needs to be planted in softer ground, best to you my friend.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Older/wiser? wrote: May 8th, 2017, 11:15 pm Moses 6:8 now this prophecy Adam spake, as he was moved upon by the Holy Ghost, and the genealogy was kept of the children of God and this was the book of generations of Adam saying in the day that God created man in the likeness of God made he him. The point is having discussed the priesthood which is the prophecy of the last days Adam spake, he then goes over genealogy, these to are tied together not just ramdon associations. Why was genealogy so important? If not associated with the Priesthood. Read Abraham 2-4

Abraham 1:24 and it was after the manner of the government of ham which was patriarchal .v26 seeking earnestly to imitate that order established by the fathers and the first generations in the days of the first patriarchal reign even in the reign of Adam , and also of Noah, his father who blessed him with the blessings of the earth and with the blessings of wisdom but cursed him as pertaining to the priesthood .
The whole story of Abraham has everything to do with genealogy and priesthood . Verse 27 now, Pharaoh having been of the lineage by which you could not have the right of priesthood notwithstanding the pharaohs would feign claim it from Noah through ham .
The restored gospel, having the restored Priesthood is also tied in with genealogy, some of the early brethren had a common ancestor from England. You need added insight which you cannot receive as long as you believe the things you posted. Following any of DS teachings is like dropping a few drops of ink in a glass of water, it becomes tainted . The truth needs to be planted in softer ground, best to you my friend.
D&C 84:42 And wo unto all those who come not unto this priesthood which ye have received, which I now confirm upon you who are present this day, BY MINE OWN VOICE OUT OF THE HEAVENS; and even I have given the heavenly hosts and mine angels charge concerning you.

3 Nephi 11:21 And the Lord said unto him: I give unto you power that ye shall baptize this people when I am again ascended into heaven.

3 Nephi 11:22 And again the Lord called others, and said unto them likewise; and he gave unto them power to baptize. And he said unto them: On this wise shall ye baptize; and there shall be no disputations among you.

“God will not acknowledge that which He has not called, ordained, and chosen. In the beginning God called Adam by His own voice. “And the Lord called unto Adam and said unto him, where art thou? And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked, and hid myself.” (See Genesis 3:9-10.) Adam received commandments and instructions from God: this was the order from the beginning" (TPJS, pg. 168)

"Now Melchizedek was a man of faith, who wrought righteousness; and when a child he feared God, and stopped the mouths of lions, and quenched the violence of fire. And thus, having been approved of God, he was ordained an high priest after the order of the covenant which God made with Enoch, it being after the order of the Son of God; which order came, not by man, nor the will of man; neither by father nor mother; neither by beginning of days nor end of years; but of God; And it was delivered unto men by the calling of his own voice, according to his own will, unto as many as believed on his name."(JST Genesis 14:26-29)

"Thus we behold the keys of this Priesthood consisted in obtaining the voice of Jehovah that He talked with him [Noah] in a familiar and friendly manner, that He continued to him the keys, the covenants, the power and the glory, with which He blessed Adam” (TPJS, pg. 171)

"Alma went and began to declare the word of God unto the church…. according to the revelation of the truth of the word… according to the spirit of prophecy which was in him, according to the testimony of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who should come to redeem his people from their sins, and the holy order by which he was called.” (Alma 6:8)

"Having been visited by the Spirit of God; having conversed with angels, and having been spoken unto by the voice of the Lord; and having the spirit of prophecy, and the spirit of revelation, and also many gifts, the gift of speaking with tongues, and the gift of preaching, and the gift of the Holy Ghost, and the gift of translation; "(Alma 9:21)

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

FYI this is how the angel (Moroni or Nephi I'm not sure which one) quote Malachi 4:6 to Joseph Smith.

Malachi 4:6 And he [Elijah] shall plant in the hearts of the children the promises made to the fathers, and the hearts of the children shall turn to their fathers [that they might remember them, as the Lord does]. If it were not so, the whole earth would be utterly wasted [burned] at his coming.

http://www.7witnesses.com/uploads/3/8/9 ... _smith.pdf

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:34 pm
Meili wrote: May 8th, 2017, 9:50 pm I'm familiar with the book but haven't read it. Does it cite information about Brigham Young arranging for Joseph's murder?
As far as I know Denver never brings up that subject. I have no idea what Denver believes regarding it.

Even though I don't agree with everything that is in it, I still believe it is a good read.
I don't recall Denver mentioning it either. But the original question was about evidence for the things you posted about Brigham Young arranging Joseph Smith's death.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Meili wrote: May 9th, 2017, 7:13 amI don't recall Denver mentioning it either. But the original question was about evidence for the things you posted about Brigham Young arranging Joseph Smith's death.
I already gave you one place to start looking.

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

Meili wrote: May 8th, 2017, 5:08 pm Thanks for the clarification. I think your decision is wise. If you were to continue looking for more, you would be rejecting what the Lord had already given you. However, I would add (and you might also agree) that though you have no need to go looking into other organizations to find the truth, there is much to explore within the things that the Spirit has already validated to you. You don't need to keep asking if the Book of Mormon is true but you can keep asking about it, about understanding its content, and continue receiving answers. In fact, I would imagine that if you did not do so, you would not be fully taking advantage of the witness the Spirit already provided you. Would you agree?
Again I think you are correct. "line upon line"
As you gain understanding and knowledge each step is confirmed!

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 8th, 2017, 10:22 pm
NIGHTLIGHT wrote: May 8th, 2017, 8:43 pmSo who do you believe are the current priesthood holders?
I believe I have the priesthood, not the highest, that I need to get directly from God.
Not calling you out, but how can you claim to have the Priesthood if you no longer believe in the Church that administers and holds the keys?

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

BTH&T wrote: May 9th, 2017, 8:46 amNot calling you out, but how can you claim to have the Priesthood if you no longer believe in the Church that administers and holds the keys?
JS had the priesthood before the church was organized. Alma the elder had the priesthood before he organized a church. The church needs the priesthood, the priesthood does not need the church.

In addition where did Jesus or John the Baptist get their priesthood?

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 8:48 am
BTH&T wrote: May 9th, 2017, 8:46 amNot calling you out, but how can you claim to have the Priesthood if you no longer believe in the Church that administers and holds the keys?
JS had the priesthood before the church was organized. Alma the elder had the priesthood before he organized a church. The church needs the priesthood, the priesthood does not need the church.

In addition where did Jesus or John the Baptist get their priesthood?
From those that held the KEYS!
If you have denounced your membership you have also given up all those blessings and rights associated with it.
Hence the ordinances were performed, but are not in effect.
Same as Baptism, Temple ......
That's what is baffling to me,
The Church is true or it is not, the Book of Mormon is of God or it is not. Joseph Smith was the Lords anointed or he was not.
I have been given witness of these things, and know that there is only one way back to our Father.
How can one receive a witness to these things and then let doubts on "precepts of men" ( DS, histories that have been blurred, etc.)
replace the sweet Spirit of Truth?
Last edited by BTH&T on May 9th, 2017, 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

BTH&T wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:01 amFrom those that held the KEYS!
If you have denounced your membership you have also given up all those blessings and rights associated with it.
Hence the ordinances were performed, but are not in effect.
Same as Baptism, Temple ......
That's what is baffling to me,
The Church is true or it is not, the Book of Mormon is of God or it is not. Joseph Smith was the Lords anointed or he was not.
I have been given witness of these things, and know that there is only one way back to our Father.
How can one receive a witness to these things and then let doubts on "precepts of men" ( DS, histories that have been blurred, etc.) replace the sweet
Spirit of Truth?
You don't seem to talk about what I bring up, just that I am going to hell. Is that how you convert people?

JS has talked about keys as knowledge.

Baptism here are some good verses in the BoM about baptism.

Sunday, January 18, 2015
07:39

Alma 5:62 I speak by way of command unto you that belong to the church; and unto those who do not belong to the church I speak by way of invitation, saying: Come and be baptized unto repentance, that ye also may be partakers of the fruit of the tree of life.

Commanding all, members of the church to be rebaptized, and inviting non-members to be baptized.

Moroni 6:1 And now I speak concerning baptism. Behold, elders, priests, and teachers were baptized; and they were not baptized save they brought forth fruit meet that they were worthy of it.

To be an elder, priest or teacher you have to have already to be baptized. This is not saying they were baptized to become these offices, but they were already holding this office and then were baptized.

Moroni 8:10 Behold I say unto you that this thing shall ye teach—repentance and baptism unto those who are accountable and capable of committing sin; yea, teach parents that they must repent and be baptized, and humble themselves as their little children, and they shall all be saved with their little children.

Teach parents who wanted their children to be baptized too young, to be baptized themselves.

Book of Mormon is the word of God. Joseph Smith did see God face to face and testified of Jesus Christ.

The one way back to the Father is through, by, and of Jesus Christ. And there is no one between me and Jesus Christ.

I believe I am following the Spirit of Truth.

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:06 am You don't seem to talk about what I bring up, just that I am going to hell. Is that how you convert people?
Sorry if you feel that way, I don't believe you are going to hell.
I mean no ill will, you sound like you are very well versed in scripture and knowledge.
Rationalizing and twisting scripture, which is what it looks like to me, to achieve a desired outcome is not what was established.
The Restored Gospel is very straight forward and direct.
Not wanting to go back and forth, gets us no where.
Not trying to judge you nor convert you
Wish you well.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

BTH&T wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:22 am Sorry if you feel that way, I don't believe you are going to hell.
I mean no ill will, you sound like you are very well versed in scripture and knowledge.
Rationalizing and twisting scripture, which is what it looks like to me, to achieve a desired outcome is not what was established.
The Restored Gospel is very straight forward and direct.
Not wanting to go back and forth, gets us no where.
Not trying to judge you nor convert you
Wish you well.
Do you believe that I am going to the Celestial kingdom? If not you think I am damned, as my progression is stopped.

That is quite a claim that I am twisting scriptures, without any basis. Lets talk about the scriptures I shared and their context and their words to see what they actually say rather than throw out accusations.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 8:33 am
Meili wrote: May 9th, 2017, 7:13 amI don't recall Denver mentioning it either. But the original question was about evidence for the things you posted about Brigham Young arranging Joseph Smith's death.
I already gave you one place to start looking.
Right. But before I spend money and time on a book I have already heard of but never heard any mention of containing information about Brigham arranging to have Joseph killed, I was asking you to confirm that the book does actually contain that information. Don't feel any pressure to provide the information, though, if you don't want to. I'll ask someone else.

To be forthright, I doubt there is substantial evidence of Brigham arranging for Joseph's death. I've looked in to these sorts of things before and though I've found things suggesting possibilities, I've never found hard fast evidence.