My thoughts about the Denver Snuffer Movement

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Re: My thoughts about the Denver Snuffer Movement

Post by brlenox »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 1:14 pm
Silver wrote: May 9th, 2017, 1:10 pmTata
So I guess you don't want to ask me the question then. Take care.
But I have a question. I am noticing some anomalies in your writing...Is English your first language?

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 12:23 pm
inho wrote: May 9th, 2017, 12:21 pm Do you believe in the Mesoamerican model of BoM? I know there are plenty of threads about BoM geography in this forum, but I don't remember if you have been an active participant in them. SJR3t2 seems to know your beliefs :p
Or maybe he is just doing this "mind reading" we discussed in another thread...
I am was saying what the LDS church has pushed for very long time.
The church has no official stance on Book of Mormon location. You are referencing what John L. Sorenson, A BYU professor made popular. It was only his model, never the church's. I am sorry but all of your ramblings seems without actual knowledge or understanding. I could spend days just correcting errant material that you keep putting out there....no time for such...Unless something credible shows up ... I'm, out.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

brlenox wrote: May 9th, 2017, 10:27 pmIt is especially a move of genius to disclaim the church as illegitimate and without inspiration and then cite ensign articles that confirm some other element of your claims such as “All is well in Zion.” Are church resources credible now that they can be twisted to support some aspect of your misguided message? And yet completely unreliable when they might conflict with your message? Inconsistency is ever the mark of those mislead. They do not know who to listen to, they have no standard to moderate their own errant wanderings and then they refuse to listen to sound counsel which might ameliorate errors of thinking. Fortunately most here seem to have determined that you have no message of worth. That is very fortunate indeed.
God told me to remove my name from the LDS church. The fact it came from God it is inspiration.

Although there is some good in the LDS church there is also bad. If you want to make this thread about the things I have found out about the church and how God told me remove my name we can do that.

https://seekingyhwh.com/2015/10/04/in-h ... yesterday/

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

SJR3t2 wrote: May 10th, 2017, 7:07 am
brlenox wrote: May 9th, 2017, 10:27 pmIt is especially a move of genius to disclaim the church as illegitimate and without inspiration and then cite ensign articles that confirm some other element of your claims such as “All is well in Zion.” Are church resources credible now that they can be twisted to support some aspect of your misguided message? And yet completely unreliable when they might conflict with your message? Inconsistency is ever the mark of those mislead. They do not know who to listen to, they have no standard to moderate their own errant wanderings and then they refuse to listen to sound counsel which might ameliorate errors of thinking. Fortunately most here seem to have determined that you have no message of worth. That is very fortunate indeed.
God told me to remove my name from the LDS church. The fact it came from God it is inspiration.

Although there is some good in the LDS church there is also bad. If you want to make this thread about the things I have found out about the church and how God told me remove my name we can do that.

Or here's a thought - stop monologuing and try a dialogue. You spout a bunch of rubbish and then when someone calls you on it, you conveniently change the topic or pretend you don't understand the question. No one can take you seriously when you A) use garbage research that you don't even cite or understand properly and then B) duck and dodge the follow up questions until everyone loses interest or patience.

Crap, I just fed the bear.... #-o
bears.jpg
bears.jpg (13.09 KiB) Viewed 1074 times

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

internet-troll-1.jpg
internet-troll-1.jpg (217.23 KiB) Viewed 1064 times
"We have learned by sad experience..."

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

“A man must have the discerning of spirits before he can drag into daylight this hellish influence and unfold it unto the world in all its soul-destroying, diabolical, and horrid colors; for nothing is a greater injury to the children of men than to be under the influence of a false spirit when they think they have the Spirit of God. Thousands have felt the influence of its terrible power and baneful effects.
l-) l-) l-)

I think that the above is rampant today. Notice that most everybody thinks they/we have the "spirit". Well I have no doubt that there is "spirit" , but who's? Or from what source? .... don't answer, we all think it is from the right source. Just something to contemplate.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

The Lord shares his Spirit abundantly with everyone who keeps the commandments, he shares it MORE abundantly with those who are baptized.

Mosiah 18:10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being BAPTIZED in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may POUR out his Spirit MORE ABUNDANTLY upon you?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Well, since you are sticking around, I do have some questions.

You say God told you to remove your name from the LDS church. How can you be certain it was God? Did he give you a reason?
Do you believe there is a Devil and that he tries to deceive us, to take us away from Truth and light? When God told you this, did you have some way to prove to yourself that it was God who was speaking to you and not a false spirit? If you still believe in Joseph Smith, he taught this. He said that lying spirits would attempt to deceive those searching for truth. How can you be certain that you aren't one of those who've been deceived?

So you say that you believe the Book of Mormon, but you don't believe in the LDS church. That's not far fetched to me, there have been many break off sects from the original church who still use the Book of Mormon, but are not affiliated with the LDS church--even the Community of Christ and t he FLDS believe in the Book of Mormon. Do you still believe that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God?

If you don't believe in the church he restored, then I assume you don't believe that Joseph Smith had any other purpose than to translate the Book of Mormon, is that correct?

The reason I ask you is that if this is the case, then you are rejecting a lot of Joseph's revelations, such as everything to do with the higher ordinances of the temple. What makes you any different that all those other break off sects which do the exact same thing, but they believe THEY are the true church. What gives you authority to pick and choose what is correct and what is false that the LDS church teaches?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Perhaps this was mentioned downthread, but I am interested in the answer to this. Are you thinking of someone in Joseph Smith's time? Or are you talking about Book of Mormon times? (Obviously, I don't know the answer.)
Silver wrote: May 9th, 2017, 12:31 pm
SJR3t2 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 11:34 am
Silver wrote: May 9th, 2017, 11:32 am Let's look at this from another angle. What is the name of the first man who wrote an Anti-Mormon book?
I don't consider myself anti-Mormon, I believe in the BoM. Also I would not consider Denver anti-Mormon either, as he believes in the BoM also.
That's alright. Please answer the question if you know. If not, just say so. (I promise this won't hurt.)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

thaabit wrote: May 9th, 2017, 5:22 pm I'm confused, is this thread about Denver Snuffer, Brigham Young killing Joseph Smith, geographical models of the Book of Mormon, or the legitimacy of priesthood claims of the LDS church?
I believe it has turned into a hodge podge mongrel. Long, long ago it left the topic of the DS movement.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Silver Pie wrote: May 12th, 2017, 12:58 pm Perhaps this was mentioned downthread, but I am interested in the answer to this. Are you thinking of someone in Joseph Smith's time? Or are you talking about Book of Mormon times? (Obviously, I don't know the answer.)
Silver wrote: May 9th, 2017, 11:32 am Let's look at this from another angle. What is the name of the first man who wrote an Anti-Mormon book?
I don't consider myself anti-Mormon, I believe in the BoM. Also I would not consider Denver anti-Mormon either, as he believes in the BoM also.
That's alright. Please answer the question if you know. If not, just say so. (I promise this won't hurt.)
In Joseph's time. It was Eber D. Howe.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Silver wrote: May 12th, 2017, 1:26 pm
Silver Pie wrote: May 12th, 2017, 12:58 pm Perhaps this was mentioned downthread, but I am interested in the answer to this. Are you thinking of someone in Joseph Smith's time? Or are you talking about Book of Mormon times? (Obviously, I don't know the answer.)

I was going to say Doctor Philastus Hurlbut, but you are right, Howe was the author of the book, 'Mormonism Unvailed' which published Hurlbut's affidavits he'd collected to discredit the character of the Smith Family, the Mormon church and Joseph in particular.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

AI2.0 wrote: May 12th, 2017, 1:42 pm
Silver wrote: May 12th, 2017, 1:26 pm

I was going to say Doctor Philastus Hurlbut, but you are right, Howe was the author of the book, 'Mormonism Unvailed' which published Hurlbut's affidavits he'd collected to discredit the character of the Smith Family, the Mormon church and Joseph in particular.
Right. Hurlbut who? Eber Howe is who? My point is that these Johnny-come-lately's come on here trying to shock us into quitting the Lord's organization on earth. Nobody will remember them here or in real life after their 15 minutes of fame. Yet because Joseph Smith was true to the faith and because he died as a martyr, "Millions shall know Brother Joseph again". (Hymn #27, Praise to the Man)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I don't remember ever hearing the name, though I have heard the name of the book. Your point of people being forgotten has been proven, imo.