Book of Mormon Geography In North America - Wayne May

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Re: Book of Mormon Geography In North America - Wayne May

Post by DesertWonderer »

kittycat51 wrote: May 12th, 2017, 3:09 pm
DesertWonderer wrote: May 12th, 2017, 2:45 pm
kittycat51 wrote: May 12th, 2017, 10:27 am
Durzan wrote: May 12th, 2017, 12:28 am The main problem with the heartland model would be the weather. With the exceptions of areas around the warmer waters to the south, winter gets pretty cold in the US... even in the more southern latitudes (though snow may not fall there). The fact that it is mentioned that Lamanites go to war in loincloths is indicative of the climate being fairly warm year round, and the BoM makes no mention of winter or summer. Would you really expect someone to go around in a loincloth during the winter months, unless it was warm year round?
I am going to quote from an excellent book I have called "Exploring the Book of Mormon in America's Heartland" by Rod Meldrum.
Meldrum knowingly uses fraudulent information to prove his point (i.e. sell books and DVDs) so just how excellent of a book could it be?
How does Meldrum knowingly use fraudulent information? Because he sells books and DVD's to prove a point does not hold water. The GA's sell books. (Aren't they trying to prove a point in favor of God and the gospel?) If Rod is so fraudulent why does Deseret Book carry several of his books YET they DON'T carry "Visions of Glory" or anything by Rowe or Sosa. :-?
l
Some of the key artifacts his whole argument rests on are forgeries.
He uses an incorrect version of the Zelph story that JS later edited taking out the references to Zelph being a lamanaite.
Micmac was not a native writting systems as he claims
...I could give many other examples but its not worth the effort.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Re: Book of Mormon Geography In North America - Wayne May

Post by davedan »

Bat Creek Stone and Ohio Decalogue Stone are not proven forgeries. They just are called forgeries because they don't fit the narrative and cannot comfortably be explained except by the whole Smithsonian and Archeology community admitting that they were wrong and fessing up to being influenced by US policy of Manifest Destiny.

Artifacts are difficult because you can have authentic ones, but then owners make forgeries that look like the originals, wanting to preserve the originals. So, then you get a mix of real and fake (Michigan Tablets).

Wiki- Mi'kmaq language: Writing system

Mi'kmaq is written using a number of Latin alphabets based on ones devised by missionaries in the 19th century. Previously, the language was written in Mi'kmaq hieroglyphic writing, a script of partially native origin.

It is hard to discuss an issue when one side makes incorrect arguments but may never confess that they might have been mistaken.