From Scott - the NOWmormon

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: From Scott - the NOWmormon

Post by David13 »

Finrock wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:48 am
David13 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:38 am
Finrock wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:30 am

-Finrock

Finrock
He/she didn't truthfully state his intentions here.
However, his true intentions have been revealed here.
You were scammed. Or as Writey puts it "punked".

You really think his prayer was answered with "Go disrupt the Conference." I sure don't.
But then I doubt if anyone considers me gullible.

If a person has not already received the power of discernment, one can pray for it, and maybe receive it.
dc
No, David, its more like reserving judgment until facts are discovered:

Posted May 2, 2017
Finrock wrote:Sure, he might be a troll...but he might not. If the OP is sincere, he should be able to go to any place where Latter-day Saints are found and expect to be treated with respect and dignity.

Wise as serpents but harmless as doves, is what Christ said we should be.

-Finrock
Posted May 2, 2017
Finrock wrote:He may have an ulterior motive. That is yet to be determined. However, at face value, he has said none of the things you are suggesting...
-Finrock

You are grasping at straws. And they are skimpy straws, at that.
It's always difficult for anyone to admit that they were wrong when they were wrong.
But the evidence is clearly there.

This power of discernment is rather a simple thing. When we see a brick wall coming at us fast, we think we should stop, slow, or turn. Some don't. Some just don't get it. With consequences.

I think you clearly got the harmless as doves thing down mostly. Most of us have that anyway, from what I've seen. But the wise as serpent parts eludes all of us at times.
dc

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

David13 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:59 am
Finrock wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:30 am

-Finrock

Finrock

You really think his prayer was answered with "Go disrupt the Conference." I sure don't.

If a person has not already received the power of discernment, one can pray for it, and maybe receive it.
dc

Posted May 2, 2017
Finrock wrote:Sure, he might be a troll...but he might not. If the OP is sincere, he should be able to go to any place where Latter-day Saints are found and expect to be treated with respect and dignity.

-Finrock
Posted May 2, 2017
Finrock wrote:He may have an ulterior motive. That is yet to be determined. However, at face value, he has said none of the things you are suggesting...
-Finrock

It's always difficult for anyone to admit that they were wrong when they were wrong.

This power of discernment is rather a simple thing. When we see a brick wall coming at us fast, we think we should stop, slow, or turn. Some don't. Some just don't get it. With consequences.

I think you clearly got the harmless as doves thing down mostly. Most of us have that anyway, from what I've seen. But the wise as serpent parts eludes all of us at times.
dc
What is it that you think I was wrong about?

-Finrock

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Finrock wrote: May 9th, 2017, 10:08 am

Finrock

dc

Posted May 2, 2017

-Finrock
Posted May 2, 2017
-Finrock

dc

-Finrock
Op's intentions. And the evidence now known.
dc

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

David13 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 10:50 am

Posted May 2, 2017

Posted May 2, 2017

-Finrock

dc

-Finrock
Op's intentions.
dc
Okay.

I reserved judgment and took Scott's post at face value and didn't want to accuse him of something until there was data to back it up. I took the "risk" of supporting him knowing that I could be wrong about his intentions. But, my job is not to judge or to make assumptions about individuals. My job is to act in a Christlike way and let the consequence follow.

This whole exchange reminds me of a time when I had just recently returned home from my mission and my older brother and I were walking from our car in to a Wal-mart store. In the parking lot was a lady who stopped and asked us for money so that she could buy gas to get home, she said. We both pulled out five dollars and gave them to her. As we go to the Wal-mart entrance, an employee of Wal-mart stopped us and asked us if we had given that lady money. We said yes. They then suggested that we shouldn't have given the woman money because she was obviously scamming people. He said that she had been there all morning long asking for money for various reasons and that he had seen her drive away earlier to get some food or drink, so she had gas. We thanked the employee for the information and walked away. As we walked away we both just shrugged our shoulders, and said "Oh well." My brother and I both agreed that we had done the right thing. If this lady was being deceptive and if she was being dishonest, then the sin was on her. We acted in good faith and responded to her petition for assistance. There is was no shame or regret in being charitable.

It's nice that you have the spirit of discernment, David. Good for you. And, I mean that sincerely. However, don't you think its a little premature to draw conclusions one way or the other as far as discernment is concerned based off of one example?

-Finrock

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Finrock wrote: May 9th, 2017, 11:06 am

dc

-Finrock
Op's intentions.
dc
Okay.

I reserved judgment and took Scott's post at face value and didn't want to accuse him of something until there was data to back it up. I took the "risk" of supporting him knowing that I could be wrong about his intentions. But, my job is not to judge or to make assumptions about individuals. My job is to act in a Christlike way and let the consequence follow.

This whole exchange reminds me of a time when I had just recently returned home from my mission and my older brother and I were walking from our car in to a Wal-mart store. In the parking lot was a lady who stopped and asked us for money so that she could buy gas to get home, she said. We both pulled out five dollars and gave them to her. As we go to the Wal-mart entrance, an employee of Wal-mart stopped us and asked us if we had given that lady money. We said yes. They then suggested that we shouldn't have given the woman money because she was obviously scamming people. He said that she had been there all morning long asking for money for various reasons and that he had seen her drive away earlier to get some food or drink, so she had gas. We thanked the employee for the information and walked away. As we walked away we both just shrugged our shoulders, and said "Oh well." My brother and I both agreed that we had done the right thing. If this lady was being deceptive and if she was being dishonest, then the sin was on her. We acted in good faith and responded to her petition for assistance. There is was no shame or regret in being charitable.

It's nice that you have the spirit of discernment, David. Good for you. And, I mean that sincerely. However, don't you think its a little premature to draw conclusions one way or the other as far as discernment is concerned based off of one example?

-Finrock
No. And I don't think I'm the only one.
dc

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

David13 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 8:13 pm

-Finrock
Op's intentions.
dc
Okay.

-Finrock
dc
Well, popularity doesn't make something right. ;)

-Finrock

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Finrock wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Op's intentions.
dc
Okay.

-Finrock
dc

-Finrock
Didn't say it did.
But reinforcement can verify that you don't have an anomaly.
Or that your vision didn't fail you.
dc

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

David13 wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Okay.

-Finrock
dc

-Finrock
Didn't say it did.
dc
Sometimes it can. Then again sometimes those you depend on for verification may not be seeing any clearer than you are or maybe even less clear. :)

-Finrock

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Finrock wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:19 pm

dc

-Finrock
Didn't say it did.
dc
Sometimes it can. Then again sometimes those you depend on for verification may not be seeing any clearer than you are or maybe even less clear. :)

-Finrock
Again, it's discernment.
And various other rules I learned over the years.
dc

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

David13 wrote: May 10th, 2017, 7:40 am
Finrock wrote: May 9th, 2017, 9:19 pm

-Finrock
Didn't say it did.
dc

-Finrock
Again, it's discernment.
And various other rules I learned over the years.
dc
:-BD

-Finrock