Thanks for Voting Democrat

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Thanks for Voting Democrat

Post by iWriteStuff »

After winning majorities in the House and Senate, as well as securing the vaunted White House, it's good to see Republicans are finally getting their way in DC. Wait, what's that you say? They caved on literally everything? Not one particle of their budget got through?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/democrats-c ... ding-deal/
The $1.1 trillion omnibus spending package, for example, does not fund President Trump's planned wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, funding for Planned Parenthood is included and the deal would provide the National Institutes of Health (NIH) with a budget boost, rather than the $1.2 billion cut that the White House proposed.

Vice President Mike Pence told "CBS This Morning" on Monday that the president signed off on the parameters of the deal on Sunday, before negotiators put on the finishing touches.
So let me get this straight: not only did Trump NOT get funding for his Great Wall, he and the Republicans pushed through a bill that funds abortions and ObamaCare? Since when did they all become Democrats? He didn't even wait until they were done negotiating before he signed off on it.

I can't stand all this #Winning.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Thanks for Voting Democrat

Post by Silver »

iWriteStuff wrote: May 2nd, 2017, 3:46 pm After winning majorities in the House and Senate, as well as securing the vaunted White House, it's good to see Republicans are finally getting their way in DC. Wait, what's that you say? They caved on literally everything? Not one particle of their budget got through?

The $1.1 trillion omnibus spending package, for example, does not fund President Trump's planned wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, funding for Planned Parenthood is included and the deal would provide the National Institutes of Health (NIH) with a budget boost, rather than the $1.2 billion cut that the White House proposed.

Vice President Mike Pence told "CBS This Morning" on Monday that the president signed off on the parameters of the deal on Sunday, before negotiators put on the finishing touches.
So let me get this straight: not only did Trump NOT get funding for his Great Wall, he and the Republicans pushed through a bill that funds abortions and ObamaCare? Since when did they all become Democrats? He didn't even wait until they were done negotiating before he signed off on it.

We, the lowly troglodytes, can't win when the billionaires battle it out all around us.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/ ... rtner.html

Is Jared Kushner a Paid Protester? Because It Turns Out He's Gotten a Bunch of Money From George Soros.
By Ben Mathis-Lilley

Billionaire investor and liberal donor George Soros is the subject of many discredited right-wing conspiracy theories—so many that debunking site Snopes.com has an entire wing of Soros articles. He was pictured prominently alongside two other Jewish finance figures (Janet Yellen and Lloyd Blankfein) in a eyebrow-raising Trump campaign ad about the "global special interests" who have "robbed our working class" and "stripped our country of its wealth." He's been the subject of numerous conspiratorial tweets by Trump associates, ranging from White House social media director Dan Scavino to onetime 2016 campaign operative Roger Stone to Nazi-affiliated national security goon Sebastian Gorka to chief of staff Reince Priebus to Trump scion Donald Trump Jr.

Follow
Donald Trump Jr. ✔ @DonaldJTrumpJr
Soros-Connected Company Provides Voting Machines In 16 States http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/18/soros ... 16-states/ … via @dailycaller
9:49 AM - 19 Oct 2016
Photo published for Soros-Connected Company Has Provided Voting Technology In 16 States Via @dailycaller
Soros-Connected Company Has Provided Voting Technology In 16 States Via @dailycaller
Uh oh
dailycaller.com
2,391 2,391 Retweets 2,099 2,099 likes
(See here for more information about that wildly misleading claim.)

Soros is, in particular, widely blamed on the right for having allegedly paid anti-Trump protesters to fill marches and town halls since inauguration—a theory the president himself has tweeted about, though he didn't use Soros' name. And while there is, to put it midlly, not a significant amount of evidence that anti-Trump protesters are paid for their time by "globalist" bankers, it does turn out that one thing that George Soros has definitely bankrolled is a company founded by Trump's son-in-law and top adviser Jared Kushner. From the Wall Street Journal:

Mr. Kushner co-founded Cadre in 2014 with his brother Joshua and Ryan Williams, a 29-year-old friend and former employee of Kushner Cos., the family-controlled business that Mr. Kushner ran until recently. Cadre markets properties to prospective investors, who can put their money into specific buildings or into an investment fund run by Cadre, which collects fees on each deal.

To get off the ground, Cadre turned to a Goldman Sachs fund and a number of high-profile investors ... Cadre also secured a $250 million line of credit from the family office of George Soros, a top Democratic donor whom Mr. Trump criticized during his presidential campaign, the people close to the company said. Mr. Soros’s family office is also an investor in Cadre.

So, from Soros' perspective, America will either be made great again by his business partners in the Trump administration, enriching him in the process, or it will be destroyed in a gratifying orgy of violence initiated by his paid street thugs. It's a win-win situation!

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Democrats and Republicans are different sides of the same coin. Nothing changes because we've abandoned principles and the constitution a long time ago. The constitution is just hanging by a thread right now. People (politicians) mostly just give it (the constitution) lip service.

-Finrock

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

iWriteStuff wrote: May 2nd, 2017, 3:46 pm After winning majorities in the House and Senate, as well as securing the vaunted White House, it's good to see Republicans are finally getting their way in DC. Wait, what's that you say? They caved on literally everything? Not one particle of their budget got through?

Maybe we won't need the wall after all, 80% reduction in illegal entry without spending a DIME!

Pure Genius.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: May 2nd, 2017, 8:04 pm

Maybe we won't need the wall after all, 80% reduction in illegal entry without spending a DIME!

Pure Genius.
Do you think the dead people Trump killed in the middle east, not to mention their surviving family members, worship Trump as the greatest genius of all time? Let's start with the big issues, 10 Commandment-wise, before we start crowing about immigration, OK?

By the way, eddie, I checked several news feeds and the numbers ranged from 61% to 64% to 70% and even 73%. Where did you get 80%? Furthermore, the numbers of people coming here illegally have always been estimates. It's not like they walk through a turnstile and get counted. They're illegal. They sneak in or they come on a travel visa and overstay. We don't know exactly how many are arriving illegally. Therefore, any reduction is just estimated.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: May 2nd, 2017, 9:31 pm

Pure Genius.
Do you think the dead people Trump killed in the middle east, not to mention their surviving family members, worship Trump as the greatest genius of all time? Let's start with the big issues, 10 Commandment-wise, before we start crowing about immigration, OK?

By the way, eddie, I checked several news feeds and the numbers ranged from 61% to 64% to 70% and even 73%. Where did you get 80%? Furthermore, the numbers of people coming here illegally have always been estimates. It's not like they walk through a turnstile and get counted. They're illegal. They sneak in or they come on a travel visa and overstay. We don't know exactly how many are arriving illegally. AND THATS WHY WE NEED A WALL, or one of those guys with a counter, :ymapplause:

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

eddie wrote: May 2nd, 2017, 9:59 pm

Pure Genius.

By the way, eddie, I checked several news feeds and the numbers ranged from 61% to 64% to 70% and even 73%. Where did you get 80%? Furthermore, the numbers of people coming here illegally have always been estimates. It's not like they walk through a turnstile and get counted. They're illegal. They sneak in or they come on a travel visa and overstay. We don't know exactly how many are arriving illegally. AND THATS WHY WE NEED A WALL, or one of those guys with a counter, :ymapplause:

I'm convinced if Trump nuked Syria clean off the map, Eddie would be on here bragging:
"Trump Solves Syrian Refugee Crisis!!!!"

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

iWriteStuff wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 7:13 am

Pure Genius.

I'm convinced if Trump nuked Syria clean off the map, Eddie would be on here bragging:

It would be effective.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

DesertWonderer wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 11:17 am

It would be effective.

You forgot the sarc tag.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

DesertWonderer wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 11:17 am

It would be effective.

It's just like Jesus said: "Charity suffereth long, and nuketh the Syrians." / sarc? :-?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Pure Genius.

LOL!

I loved it when President Trump said, " MOAB, you're fired...

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 12:21 pm

LOL!

President Kimball was right:
We are a warlike people, easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel—ships, planes, missiles, fortifications—and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become antienemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan’s counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior’s teaching:

“Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 5:44–45.)
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1976/06/the- ... g=eng&_r=1

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 12:25 pm
LOL!

We are a warlike people, easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel—ships, planes, missiles, fortifications—and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become antienemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan’s counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior’s teaching:

“Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 5:44–45.)
It's a joke Silver, lighten up.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 2:40 pm

LOL!

Never. Not until the last Trump supporter here capitulates.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 2:52 pm
LOL!

Never gonna happen! All one needs to do is say "Hillary is coming for you" and it will scare the Trump back into them:
scarethetrumpback.jpg
scarethetrumpback.jpg (7.96 KiB) Viewed 1528 times

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

iWriteStuff wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 3:05 pm

Never gonna happen! All one needs to do is say "Hillary is coming for you" and it will scare the Trump back into them:

scarethetrumpback.jpg
I am more afraid of people who vote for a 3rd party because of their conscience, while giving Hillary, a woman with no conscience, a chance of becoming President.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 9:41 pm

scarethetrumpback.jpg
I am more afraid of people who vote for a 3rd party because of their conscience, while giving Hillary, a woman with no conscience, a chance of becoming President.
"We desire that the Latter-day Saints will exercise the liberty wherewith they have been made free by the gospel of Jesus Christ; for they are entitled to know the right from the wrong, to see the truth and draw the line between it and error; and it is their privilege to judge for themselves and to act upon their own free agency with regard to their choice as to sustaining or otherwise those who should exercise the presiding functions among them. We desire the Latter-day Saints to exercise their prerogative, which is, to vote as the Spirit of the Lord prompts them on the measures and the men that may be presented to them.” (President Joseph F. Smith, 1904 October General Conference)

So Americans can vote for Trump because he has an (R) after his name (while ignoring he's been a Democrat most of his life) and because they think he won't be as bad as Clinton. However, having secured liberty through the gift of Jesus Christ, I choose to vote my conscience, and not for the lesser of two evils.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

We don't have to have the same opinions, or vote for the same people, we just need to be respectful, and you are not.
I am done listening to anything you post. CYA

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Let's just see how long ^^^ that lasts.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

A Tweet Storm From Justin Amash on the Republican Sell Out Budget Deal
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/20 ... sh-on.html

Excellent commentary from Justin Amash:
Another deal to grow government. Instead of compromising to cut spending, each side agrees to let the other side spend more. https://t.co/kezjj7LSkv
— Justin Amash (@justinamash) May 1, 2017

Instead of defending status quo, GOP should be defending Constitution, Rule of Law, federalism, free speech/markets, responsible budgeting.
— Justin Amash (@justinamash) May 1, 2017

New funding bill is an embarrassment. More spending, more debt, no genuine compromise. Irresponsible and disrespectful to American people.
— Justin Amash (@justinamash) May 2, 2017

Imagine you & your spouse are hugely in debt from overspending, so you call a meeting & agree each of you will spend more.
That's Congress.

https://t.co/TfTUZNgR0q
— Justin Amash (@justinamash) May 3, 2017

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

House Liberty Caucus Condemns Spending Bill
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/20 ... nding.html
And justifiably so.

Here's their full statement.

C-7OCaPW0AAf9xA.jpg
C-7OCaPW0AAf9xA.jpg (253.28 KiB) Viewed 1424 times

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Separatist wrote: May 4th, 2017, 6:45 am House Liberty Caucus Condemns Spending Bill
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/20 ... nding.html
And justifiably so.

Here's their full statement.

C-7OCaPW0AAf9xA.jpg
At present, I'm loving the Liberty Caucus. That being said, I think they've got a giant bulls eye on them. Neither Republicans or Democrats like a party pooper, and anyone stating the obvious in DC fits that description.

It's really too bad the rest of the Republicans don't love liberty too. They're more attached to "#WinningBigly" than actually governing based on correct principles (See: increased deficit spending, increased war, increased govt surveillance, all supported by R's).

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

scarethetrumpback.jpg
So the two main political establishments say you don't have a choice, you only get these two turd popsicles, and you're ok with that?

Liberty was supposed to mean more than "lesser of two evils".

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

iWriteStuff wrote: May 4th, 2017, 7:24 am

scarethetrumpback.jpg
So the two main political establishments say you don't have a choice, you only get these two turd popsicles, and you're ok with that?

SAY AHHH ( popsicle sticks have multiple uses)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: May 4th, 2017, 8:19 am
iWriteStuff wrote: May 4th, 2017, 7:24 am

scarethetrumpback.jpg

SAY AHHH ( popsicle sticks have multiple uses)
eddie, you'll feel better when you're finally able to address the issues instead of trying to divert the conversation. Of course, there will be an uncomfortable feeling at first, but as an anonymous participant here, does that really matter to you?

So for clarity, Donald Trump has ordered the killing of innocent people. Are you ok with that?