Cutlural differences

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Cutlural differences

Post by Fiannan »

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/35171584/te ... ces/#page1

It is a short article. I am wondering how people feel about this. Should he go to jail?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Re: Cutlural differences

Post by h_p »

If the cultural difference is actually justification, Australia should kick every Afghan out of their country. Anybody who believes this simply cannot be a multiculturalist. You can't have it both ways.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

If he is truly too ignorant to know that what he did was wrong, then the person who approved his being imported should be help responsible and sent to prison in his place.

I suspect you would see a complete stop to this type of immigration immediately across all the western world if this logical tactic were implemented.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Serragon wrote: April 28th, 2017, 10:20 am If he is truly too ignorant to know that what he did was wrong, then the person who approved his being imported should be help responsible and sent to prison in his place.

I suspect you would see a complete stop to this type of immigration immediately across all the western world if this logical tactic were implemented.
Same if every religious and political leader as well as actors and actresses advocating open borders were required to let some single men stay in their homes.

Remember though, Afghans are migrants while Syrians actually do qualify as refugees.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

If the young man is a legal citizen of Australia, he should go to prison. If he is a non-citizen, he should be deported back to Afghanistan, and never allowed to return to a Western country.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Way to go Australia for being so PC just like the U.S...afraid to step on any toes and call a duck for what it is. Ok are you kidding me? In his culture from Afghanistan, the norm for women is to be covered up. SO just because he sees women "uncovered" something he isn't use to, gives him permission to act out like he did? Do they not have a sense of right or wrong in Afghanistan? Give me a break. #-o

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

What is a "sex attack"?

I personally believe that it is wrong to sexually assault someone no matter what culture you are from. But I think it's also important to realize that we do this same sort of thing all the time. We make other people responsible for our bad behavior because of what they have chosen to wear, do, or believe. I think we will all be held responsible before the Lord for these things. When we see this sort of thing happening, it might be time to look at our own behavior and make sure that we aren't guilty of it ourselves. Sometimes the Lord gives us extreme examples to wake us up.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

But I think it's also important to realize that we do this same sort of thing all the time. We make other people responsible for our bad behavior because of what they have chosen to wear, do, or believe.
Others can elicit an opinion about someone but what we do as a behavior is all on our shoulders. A woman is no more responsible for getting raped by someone who perceives sexual thoughts about what she is wearing/not wearing as a white guy should be responsible for getting beaten for jogging in Watts after dark because he is white.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Fiannan wrote: April 29th, 2017, 9:16 am
But I think it's also important to realize that we do this same sort of thing all the time. We make other people responsible for our bad behavior because of what they have chosen to wear, do, or believe.
Others can elicit an opinion about someone but what we do as a behavior is all on our shoulders. A woman is no more responsible for getting raped by someone who perceives sexual thoughts about what she is wearing/not wearing as a white guy should be responsible for getting beaten for jogging in Watts after dark because he is white.
Well put.

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

Another symptom of evil, and those in "authority" doing nothing or the wrong thing.

We are in the days and times where "evil is called good and good is viewed as evil.