An intriguing CAVE in Antarctica - and offering REWARDS for more DATA

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

An intriguing CAVE in Antarctica - and offering REWARDS for more DATA

Post by BroJones »

In an earlier thread, perhaps not on this forum, I considered some intriguing finds in Antarctica, including two large cave-openings.
I've continued that study, and located two more openings nearby.

However, I've run into a brick wall in trying to get more imagery on these caves - just ONE year (2006) with a clear view of these caves is found. Other years are available on GoogleEarth using the "time" feature, but these other images do not show a clear image of these caves. The NSF evidently has data on this region (called the "Obruchev Hills" and nearby "Bunger Hills") - but when I wrote them, they replied that high-resolution imagery for this area is only available for individuals having an NSF grant to study Antarctica... sigh...

But I read that other countries have studied this area, including Australia, Poland and Russia; and there may be other agencies such as USGS that will be more cooperative.

To break the apparent log-jam, I'm offering a REWARD for anyone with the cleverness and tenacity to acquire additional data, on a particular cave - as follows.

Go to these coordinates, -66.604 99.72
, using GoogleEarth or Maps.google, or whatever - to see the cave:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/66%C2 ... 04!4d99.72

The cave-opening evidently has a dome-like structure (dark gray in color) that you will see. THAT intrigues me - how thick is it, and what is it made of? Does it last from year to year?

So here are the prizes:

1- for an aerial or satellite image of the SAME cave-opening, and of similar or better resolution - but for a DIFFERENT YEAR: $250 prize.

To be sure your entry is indeed a different year, please check the patterns of snow and ice around the cave-opening (which will almost certainly vary somewhat from year to year).

2 - for an aerial or satellite image of the SAME cave-opening acquired in 2006, but with BETTER RESOLUTION - $150 prize.

3 - for any solid scientific data on the COMPOSITION of the dome-covering of this cave -- $300 prize. (I would be surprised if any such data exists at this time.)

I realize that there are various speculations out there - that perhaps this opening leads to the inside of the Hollow Earth or alien spacecraft, etc. I'm really not interested in such speculations - just in MORE solid data!
Attachments
Close-up Cave1 %22Dome-sj%22.jpg
Close-up Cave1 %22Dome-sj%22.jpg (134.45 KiB) Viewed 2274 times
Cave1 %22Dome sj%22.jpg
Cave1 %22Dome sj%22.jpg (231.42 KiB) Viewed 2274 times

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: An intriguing CAVE in Antarctica - and offering REWARDS for more DATA

Post by BroJones »

Here's the reply I received earlier this month when I requested more photos of this area -- from a fellow associated with National Science Foundation (NSF) imagery (at Univ of Minnesota):

QUOTE:
Dr. Jones,

The Polar Geospatial Center is an NSF-funded research group at the University of Minnesota. We provide high-resolution satellite imagery to other NSF-funded polar research groups. We can assist in your project if you can provide your NSF award information.
UNQUOTE

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

Well, I don't have any solid data to help you out with this, but this topic did remind me of this:

http://usawatchdog.com/why-are-world-le ... ve-quayle/

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

BJ what do you expect to find there?

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 27th, 2017, 5:37 pm BJ what do you expect to find there?
From the appearance of the dome-shaped portal - rounded and roughly 100 feet across, and dark gray -- I'm hypothesizing it is NOT naturally formed. So the next step is to acquire more data - leading I hope to a site visit. Then we can assess the composition - and perhaps see how DEEP this cave-opening goes.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

By the way that is just a picture of a similar Ice Cave probably not the same one.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/309200330641192825/ Here is a pinterest video of two ice caves including that one. I don't think the alien thing is real, but there are also pictures of that ice cave on pinterest. I'm not trying for the reward just sharing cool pictures of it.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

BroJones wrote: April 27th, 2017, 8:38 pm
DesertWonderer wrote: April 27th, 2017, 5:37 pm BJ what do you expect to find there?
From the appearance of the dome-shaped portal - rounded and roughly 100 feet across, and dark gray -- I'm hypothesizing it is NOT naturally formed. So the next step is to acquire more data - leading I hope to a site visit. Then we can assess the composition - and perhaps see how DEEP this cave-opening goes.
'
Sorry I must not have been clear. If you were able to go into the cave, what would you expect to find in there (ex a hollow earth, the 10 Tribes, bunkers for the elite, etc...)?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

DesertWonderer wrote: May 1st, 2017, 3:54 pm
BroJones wrote: April 27th, 2017, 8:38 pm
'
Sorry I must not have been clear. If you were able to go into the cave, what would you expect to find in there (ex a hollow earth, the 10 Tribes, bunkers for the elite, etc...)?
Ice and frigid air?

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Prize Category 1 Entry-
Here is a different angel I found that claims to be from 2009.
If you are wanting to get more images and are actually willing to pay for them, I would recommend mapmart.com, it looks like they have 44 images for the area you are wondering about. I am not sure in how much detail since it doesn't show a preview. I guess you would have to ask their sales people. They have very detailed images that are better than Googles.

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boU8eM_-JO4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTM19wewp3w

Hi Steve, check out the two videos above on youtube.
They show the entrances you might be interested in and also the coordinates.
They also show some UFO ships partially hidden.
Watch the top video above first and the second video which was produced a little later.
The UFO pics are really intriguing.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Lexew1899 wrote: May 3rd, 2017, 9:57 pm Prize Category 1 Entry-
Here is a different angel I found that claims to be from 2009.
If you are wanting to get more images and are actually willing to pay for them, I would recommend mapmart.com, it looks like they have 44 images for the area you are wondering about. I am not sure in how much detail since it doesn't show a preview. I guess you would have to ask their sales people. They have very detailed images that are better than Googles.
Look again at my first post - that cave you posted (which I have also studied) is NOT the one for which I offered a prize.
It is a different (nearby) cave! Thanks for the effort!

Meanwhile -- I found a source for satellite imagery, TerraServer.
Then I went there, found the cave, and purchased the best available more recent image = 18 Jan 2016 .

Notice that the bell-shaped roof is mostly (but not completely) obscured by snow in this view. It is there = not photo-shopped in!

Important: the dark-gray walls are now clearly seen -- going around the opening. What is this material???
Attachments
Cave1 purchased image.jpg
Cave1 purchased image.jpg (213.72 KiB) Viewed 1470 times

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

Hello Steve, it appears to me that the gray material has coated the walls. It would be my guess that this material is frost. (water vapor frozen to the walls in a crystaline form.https://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/03/0 ... pectacular

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

kenssurplus wrote: May 6th, 2017, 9:34 am Hello Steve, it appears to me that the gray material has coated the walls. It would be my guess that this material is frost. (water vapor frozen to the walls in a crystaline form.https://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/03/0 ... pectacular
There in the cave in your link, the ice is white - not dark gray as seen in the cave in Antarctica. Also, that ice does not coat the ceiling...

So I don't think its ice. Detailed chemical analysis of the dark gray material is of course what I still seek.

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

BroJones wrote:
kenssurplus wrote: May 6th, 2017, 9:34 am Hello Steve, it appears to me that the gray material has coated the walls. It would be my guess that this material is frost. (water vapor frozen to the walls in a crystaline form.https://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/03/0 ... pectacular
There in the cave in your link, the ice is white - not dark gray as seen in the cave in Antarctica. Also, that ice does not coat the ceiling...

So I don't think its ice. Detailed chemical analysis of the dark gray material is of course what I still seek.
Yes, the ice part is white, but there are spaces between the frostsicles that show rock, so the overall effect at a distance is a graying (a mixture of both colors). The most relevant picture that describes best what I am trying to say is the third picture down in the link I shared, as it does coat the ceiling and walls. https://img.apmcdn.org/820db2dd7144a242 ... aves03.jpg I would embed it in this post but it is too wide and the forum rejects it.

If we want to study the first picture in your first post, we can see a shadow line in the snow / ice field crossing the lower right snow / ice patch well outside the cave. Then on the other side of the cave (lower left) we see another shadow line that changes the color of the snow/ice as it enters the cave. In this first picture, the sun's position would be somewhere in front of the viewer casting shadows towards us. So, the thought I am trying to share is that there is ice all the way inside or most of the visible area inside the cave. It would seem logical that if there was ice in the first picture, then there COULD be ice in your latest picture as well.

I have seen cave enterances with these frostcicles all over the ceiling and walls for a few hundred feet into them in the dead of winter. What happens, I think, is that warm water vapor from inside the cave / earth flows out of the cave and freezes against the very cold walls, near the subzero outside cold air, making frostsicles.

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

What bothers me about your original post, is in the second screenshot, upper right corner, it appears to be photoshopped as there is a large patch of what looks like ice with serrated edges all pointing the same direction. NONE of the other ice patches in the photo show this kind of structure. I would have to dig a lot more into it with my own investigation to determine exactly what is going on here. I would expect that if we were to zoom in and measure the lengths and occurrences of those serrations, we would find a repeating pattern of a photoshopped image.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

I went to Terraserver, did an advanced search and got nothing. Said it couldn't locate the location...neat, huh?

I used Lat 66 33 11.90S Long 99 50 21.00E