The Trumpsi Challenge

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

The Trumpsi Challenge

Post by iWriteStuff »

Alrighty Trump fans, time to list all of the things you love about Donald Trump. I'd love to hear it. If you could, please stick to all his major accomplishments as President.

(* Note: being elected as President doesn't count - even Obama got elected twice)

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Re: The Trumpsi Challenge

Post by Ezra »

Crickets from the trump supporters.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Ezra wrote: April 13th, 2017, 10:46 am Crickets from the trump supporters.
Ha! Give 'em a minute. They're thinking, bless their little hearts.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Do you have to be a Trump supporter to play?

Any prizes to the winner? :)

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

captainfearnot wrote: April 13th, 2017, 11:06 am Do you have to be a Trump supporter to play?

Any prizes to the winner? :)
Open to all comers!

BTW I LOVE that you have kept your prized avatar! :ymapplause:

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Maybe I can get a collection going. More skins for the wall.

Okay, let's see. Gorsuch has been confirmed. That's a legit accomplishment. He could have tried a Harriet Miers stunt but someone told him this guy was the real deal and he listened, good on him for that.

Having trouble thinking of anything else, gimme a minute...
Last edited by captainfearnot on April 13th, 2017, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Curious Workman
captain of 100

Post by Curious Workman »

By now I imagine he's taken a few strokes off his golf game. And, oh yeah, he single-handedly unobsoleted NATO.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Curious Workman wrote: April 13th, 2017, 11:16 am By now I imagine he's taken a few strokes off his golf game. And, oh yeah, he single-handedly unobsoleted NATO.
He's raised the profitability of his elitist resort, Mar-a-Lago. That's a good thing, right?

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

captainfearnot wrote: April 13th, 2017, 11:16 am Maybe I can get a collection going. More skins for the wall.

Okay, let's see. Gorsuch has been confirmed. That's a legit accomplishment. He could have tried a Harriet Miers stunt but someone told him this guy was the real deal and he listened, good on him for that.

Gorsuch! Love the guy. Being from Colorado, I did consider that a minor victory with three minor caveats:

1) We went nuclear to get it. There's no going back from that. The next time there's a shift in power, expect this to work to the conservatives' disadvantage. That could happen sooner than not.
2) Chief Justice John Roberts. He was the great conservative hope, the potential slayer of ObamaCare, and then.... not so much.
3) Roe v. Wade. If you were looking to the Supreme Court to keep our nation out of conflict with the laws of God, we failed that test 44 years ago.

Great job so far! Love to see what can be added to that list.

When will Edward Snowden be pardoned? How about Julian Assange? Didn't both of them help him get elected?
Hillary prosecuted? Why not? "You'd be in jail.... or not."
Fed audited? Congress already pushed legislation through for it - then yesterday Trump flip flopped and said the Fed is great and Yellen is good.
China currency manipulator? Not so much any more? Or is it just good business to kiss the ring now?
Repeal ObamaCare on day one? No? How about day 100? How about this year? How about ever?
Get us out of Afghanistan? Oh, I guess not. Drop bigger bombs over there? Sure, sounds great.
Tax cuts for the poor and middle class? Oh, I guess it's mostly a corporate tax cut now. That's ok - they're great at sharing.

But I digress. Show me the #Winning!

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Pipeline, budget cuts proposed for govt entities,
Boeing, saved tax dollars, Wall! ( What did the fish say when he ran into a wall? Dam.)

I win, I win!

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

eddie wrote: April 13th, 2017, 12:22 pm Pipeline, budget cuts proposed for govt entities,
Boeing, saved tax dollars, Wall! ( What did the fish say when he ran into a wall? Dam.)

I win, I win!
I admire the moxie, good sir! To your points:

Pipeline: +1 pt (unless you're a Native American and they just dug up your grandma to pump oil)
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/who-benefit ... pros-cons/
http://time.com/4548566/dakota-access-p ... ock-sioux/

Budget Cuts Proposal: +0 pts. This is a reflection of the odds Republicans themselves give the Trump proposals of being passed: 0%.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... 6b5bec2c19

Boeing: +0 pts. Boeing literally has no idea what Trump is talking about when he says he cut costs by $1 billion.
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/arti ... ngs-on-jet

Wall: -1 pt. The wall will actually require seizing Americans' private property via eminent domain (including the property of Trump supporters). To what end? So we can inflate the bejeepers out of the price of domestic crops when the cheap labor dries up or they move on to Canada.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... in/521958/
Pamela Taylor’s home in Brownsville, Texas, sits in between the Rio Grande and the current border fence. Taylor, 88, voted for Donald Trump. But now, she faces the possibility that the man she voted for could take her land through eminent domain.

“As far as we’re concerned, the fence is not going to work. This fence is not working,” she said. “When you’re not here and you don’t know the area and then you say something, it’s best to get your ducks in a row.” If the administration were to present her a condemnation notice, she told me she would “definitely” take it to court.
In summary,
happymadison.jpg
happymadison.jpg (10.46 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
Although points if you can tell me where the above is from ;)

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Can't quite put my finger on it, but somehow I feel dumber for having read it...

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Illegal immigration is down significantly.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

captainfearnot wrote: April 13th, 2017, 1:35 pm Can't quite put my finger on it, but somehow I feel dumber for having read it...
What is it? (the second one in your comment above)

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Got China to put a hit on NK by not buying their coal and increasing American purchases instead.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Silver wrote: April 13th, 2017, 1:36 pm
captainfearnot wrote: April 13th, 2017, 1:35 pm Can't quite put my finger on it, but somehow I feel dumber for having read it...
What is it? (the second one in your comment above)
Sorry, I was referring to the Billy Madison meme.
Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 13th, 2017, 1:37 pm Got China to put a hit on NK by not buying their coal and increasing American purchases instead.
The market was sent for a spin yesterday afternoon after President Trump told the Wall Street Journal the U.S. dollar “is getting too strong” and he would prefer the Federal Reserve keep interest rates low. From the WSJ:

Mr. Trump also said his administration won’t label China a currency manipulator in a report due this week.

He left open the possibility of renominating Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen once her tenure is up next year, a shift from his position during the campaign that he would “most likely” not appoint her to another term.

“I do like a low-interest rate policy, I must be honest with you,” Mr. Trump said at the White House, when asked about Ms. Yellen.

“I think our dollar is getting too strong, and partially that’s my fault because people have confidence in me. But that’s hurting—that will hurt ultimately,” he added. “Look, there’s some very good things about a strong dollar, but usually speaking the best thing about it is that it sounds good.”

He continued, “It’s very, very hard to compete when you have a strong dollar and other countries are devaluing their currency.”

Mr. Trump said the reason he has changed his mind on one of his signature campaign promises is that China hasn’t been manipulating its currency for months and because taking the step now could jeopardize his talks with Beijing on confronting the threat of North Korea.

“They’re not currency manipulators,” Mr. Trump said.

Ms. Yellen was a frequent target of Mr. Trump’s during the campaign, when he criticized her for keeping interest rates low.

Asked if Ms. Yellen was “toast” when her term ends in 2018, Mr. Trump said, “No, not toast.”

The most amusing part of yesterday’s market move is that anyone was surprised by Trump’s comments. The United States has a President that made his fortune on the back of debt, yet somehow the market thinks Trump will govern in a tea-party-hard-money fashion. Nothing could be further from the truth.

He says Yellen is “not toast.” Well, I disagree.

http://themacrotourist.com/images/2017/ ... pr1317.png

The chances of Yellen being reappointed are slim, but not for the reasons many are forecasting. During the election campaign Trump made some comments about low interest rates hurting the American economy. Since then, market participants have mistakenly being fooled into believing Trump is some sort of hard-money advocate. Cough, cough… @#!!$#!%.

And in case you believe Trump should be taken at his word, look at all the election promises he has already gone back on. In fact, look at what he said about China just a week ago:

And then compare it to what he said yesteday:

Patrick Watson summed up the situation perfection with this tweet:

http://themacrotourist.com/macro/second-worst-dove

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

He's a leader and not a manager. He's not afraid to act. I like it that he has the guts to embrace the challenges that are facing him and make some difficult gut-wrenching decisions. (Note that I am not discussing whether the decisions will be determined in the future to be right or wrong.) I remember from Graduate School that a leader is considered a good leader if 60% of the decisions he made were correct.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

iWriteStuff wrote: April 13th, 2017, 11:31 am
captainfearnot wrote: April 13th, 2017, 11:16 am Maybe I can get a collection going. More skins for the wall.

When will Edward Snowden be pardoned? How about Julian Assange? Didn't both of them help him get elected?
Hillary prosecuted? Why not? "You'd be in jail.... or not."
Fed audited? Congress already pushed legislation through for it - then yesterday Trump flip flopped and said the Fed is great and Yellen is good.
China currency manipulator? Not so much any more? Or is it just good business to kiss the ring now?
Repeal ObamaCare on day one? No? How about day 100? How about this year? How about ever?
Get us out of Afghanistan? Oh, I guess not. Drop bigger bombs over there? Sure, sounds great.
Tax cuts for the poor and middle class? Oh, I guess it's mostly a corporate tax cut now. That's ok - they're great at sharing.

But I digress. Show me the #Winning!
Hey, speaking of Julian Assange:
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... -wikileaks
GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump on Monday praised WikiLeaks for publishing Democratic rival Hillary Clinton’s hacked emails.

“I love WikiLeaks,” he told listeners during a campaign rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., prompting prolonged “Lock her up!” chants from his audience. “It’s amazing how nothing is secret today when you talk about the Internet.”
and then this year....
http://www.businessinsider.com/cia-mike ... nge-2017-4
The self-described transparency organization WikiLeaks is a "non-state, hostile intelligence service" that is often "abetted by state actors like Russia," CIA Director Mike Pompeo said Thursday.

"WikiLeaks walks like a foreign intelligence agency and talks like a foreign intelligence agency," Pompeo said during an event at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. He added that "it's time to call out WikiLeaks what it is."
#MoreWinning?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Matchmaker wrote: April 13th, 2017, 2:04 pm He's a leader and not a manager. He's not afraid to act. I like it that he has the guts to embrace the challenges that are facing him and make some difficult gut-wrenching decisions. (Note that I am not discussing whether the decisions will be determined in the future to be right or wrong.) I remember from Graduate School that a leader is considered a good leader if 60% of the decisions he made were correct.
Why conflate a CEO's decisions which may cause the red ink to flow to Trump's belligerent moves into Syria and threats against NK? It's his 40% bad decisions in those two arenas that will get people killed causing the red blood to flow. Ink =/= Blood.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Silver wrote: April 13th, 2017, 2:41 pm
Matchmaker wrote: April 13th, 2017, 2:04 pm He's a leader and not a manager. He's not afraid to act. I like it that he has the guts to embrace the challenges that are facing him and make some difficult gut-wrenching decisions. (Note that I am not discussing whether the decisions will be determined in the future to be right or wrong.) I remember from Graduate School that a leader is considered a good leader if 60% of the decisions he made were correct.
Why conflate a CEO's decisions which may cause the red ink to flow to Trump's belligerent moves into Syria and threats against NK? It's his 40% bad decisions in those two arenas that will get people killed causing the red blood to flow. Ink =/= Blood.
Maybe it was a poor comparison on my part, but people in Syria and NK are already dying. They were dying violent deaths before Trump and they will probably be dying long after Trump is gone. If what I read was true, Kim J-U killed his own uncle by feeding him to a pack of hungry dogs. I think he has shed more innocent blood than Trump.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Matchmaker wrote: April 13th, 2017, 2:51 pm
Silver wrote: April 13th, 2017, 2:41 pm
Maybe it was a poor comparison on my part, but people in Syria and NK are already dying. They were dying violent deaths before Trump and they will probably be dying long after Trump is gone. If what I read was true, Kim J-U killed his own uncle by feeding him to a pack of hungry dogs. I think he has shed more innocent blood than Trump.
People dying horrible deaths has gone of for millennia. However, now it is not necessarily the job of the US to stop all the deaths occurring around the world nor to punish the malefactors. The US must learn to allow other sovereign nations and people to manage their own affairs. If you were using some type of corporal punishment on your child to discipline him, would you want your neighbor to enter your house and physically stop you? Probably not. Why can't we learn that what is not acceptable along our residential property lines is also not acceptable along our border lines?

Quick, answer this: Prior to the Qatari-financed civil war in Syria, how many people did Assad kill in his country? You don't know because the number is not that high. Was he perfect? No. Was there generally peace across the country? Yes. Did Christians live there? Yes, because that's where the CIA & Israeli-financed ISIS murderers found them. In fact, a lot of the Christians lived close to Assad's ancestral home, in the Alawite region of Syria. Maybe Assad is not such a baddie after all.

As for Korea, all of North Korea should be as free as South Korea. It would have been if the traitors in Washington DC had not prevented MacArthur and his troops from completely winning that war. So your battle is not with Lil Kim. It's with the Gadiantons in DC & London & NY. (Please note: I am all for kicking tail when on defense. I don't believe the war in Korea should have ever been fought, at least not by Americans.)