Pretend your name is Steve

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Pretend your name is Steve

Post by Silver »

http://nypost.com/2017/04/11/trump-wont ... ks-bannon/

Trump won’t definitively say he still backs Bannon
By Michael Goodwin April 11, 2017 | 8:40pm

Washington’s rumor mill is working overtime on the fate of presidential aide Steve Bannon, who is said to be at the center of the rampant White House infighting. When I asked the president Tuesday afternoon if he still has confidence in Bannon, who took over the campaign in mid-August, I did not get a definitive yes.

“I like Steve, but you have to remember he was not involved in my campaign until very late,” Trump said. “I had already beaten all the senators and all the governors, and I didn’t know Steve. I’m my own strategist and it wasn’t like I was going to change strategies because I was facing crooked Hillary.”

He ended by saying, “Steve is a good guy, but I told them to straighten it out or I will.”

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Pretend your name is Steve

Post by iWriteStuff »

Reminds me of the best selling self help book "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People".

Not that I liked Bannon. Kinda had the look of a guy who's too clever by half.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

No pretends. My first name is actually Stephen, but you can call me Steve for short...or just ajax.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Yep, Steve worked at Goldman Sachs, too. Made it to a VP position.

I just find it interesting how Trump is able to abandon those he had once proclaimed as so essential. Who's next? What's next?

Wikipedia says Bannon is "currently the White House Chief Strategist in the Trump administration." Guffaw. Talk about getting your chief strategist knees chopped out from under you.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

ajax wrote: April 12th, 2017, 8:25 am No pretends. My first name is actually Stephen, but you can call me Steve for short...or just ajax.
Hilarious! ajax, thanks for sharing. Now if you could just send me your SS#, last name and birth date, I'm going to wire $50MM to your bank account.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Ol' Steve is probably scratching his head as to why he (born 1953) is being ousted at the request of President Jared Kushner (born 1981).

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Silver wrote: April 12th, 2017, 8:30 am
ajax wrote: April 12th, 2017, 8:25 am No pretends. My first name is actually Stephen, but you can call me Steve for short...or just ajax.
Hilarious! ajax, thanks for sharing. Now if you could just send me your SS#, last name and birth date, I'm going to wire $50MM to your bank account.
50MM what? Venezuela / Zimbabwe notes? Thanks, I'll pick up a happy meal on the way home.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Silver wrote: April 12th, 2017, 8:32 am Ol' Steve is probably scratching his head as to why he (born 1953) is being ousted at the request of President Jared Kushner (born 1981).
Oh that's easy Steve isn't married to the bosses daughter.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gkearney wrote: April 12th, 2017, 8:36 am
Silver wrote: April 12th, 2017, 8:32 am Ol' Steve is probably scratching his head as to why he (born 1953) is being ousted at the request of President Jared Kushner (born 1981).
Oh that's easy Steve isn't married to the bosses daughter.
We need an LOL button in addition to the Thanks button. However, in this case it would be a rueful LOL. Well, now that I think about it, having Hillary and Trump as the top two candidates for president in 2016 is a supremely rueful event. Rue the day that Americans had to choose an awful guy like Trump just to avoid having to choose Hillary. Traitordee and traitordum.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

My name is Steve as well, but no one would have guessed that.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

5tev3 wrote: April 12th, 2017, 10:35 am My name is Steve as well, but no one would have guessed that.
I always thought your name was five-tev-three.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Silver wrote: April 12th, 2017, 10:36 am
5tev3 wrote: April 12th, 2017, 10:35 am My name is Steve as well, but no one would have guessed that.
Me too.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Silver wrote: April 12th, 2017, 10:36 am
LOL

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

My wife was named after Steve and I at times enjoy answering to the affirmative.

Most Stephanitley :-)