Is the U.S. intentionally trying to draw Russia into a war?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Yes
50%
No
28%
Maybe
22%

Total votes: 18
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

I'm curious as to what you all think. Evidence that this is happening has been piling up.
The latest is apparently the U.S. is accusing Russia of knowledge of the chemical attack after and maybe even before.
They claim a drone operated by Russia hovered over the hospital where Syrians went to get help after the attack.
An hour later the hospital was bombed by a Russian jet, and it's suspected it was to cover up evidence of the chemical attack. Nevermind the fact Syria flies Russian jets, but we've automatically concluded it was Russia.
I'm not saying it's not possible, but I just get the strong feeling there are decision makers in high places pushing for a shooting war with Russia.

awar_e
captain of 100

Re: Is the U.S. intentionally trying to draw Russia into a war?

Post by awar_e »

Since I am now 82 and have been digging through the endless lies of the political world for over 40 years, I know a few things, understand less of them, but I have seen that a few basic facts now rule the world.
What we now see, is a massive campaign to spread fear and distrust of anyone and everything to keep folks from awakening to the greed of evil folks who control the banking schemes of the world.
Many years ago John D, Rockefeller was asked, "How much money would be enough for you?"
He replied, "Always a little more">
Today that seems to have been altered in the minds of wealthy men to be "I must have a lot more because others are gaining on me".

I recall when all govts had metals backed currencies and Switzerland was the most reliable banking system in the world. I viewed the fictionalized banking (AKA Fractional banking) of our Fed Reserve as the sort of scheme that must be kept from the understanding of depositors, if they intended to keep depositors.
As we gradually left the semblance of any lawful money and refused to honor the contracts with other nations of our redeemable currency, the end of peace in international relations began to fall apart.
WE RAPIDLY REFUSED TO UNDERSTAND THE FOUNDERS AND RUSHED TO CREATE "ENTANGLING ALLIANCES" WITH ANY NATION THAT WE COULD PROPERLY SCARE
Fear became the weapon of mass destruction of real knowledge, and wars soon took a greater part in spreading fear.

To answer the question regarding the plan of Russia and the US, we have to consider what standing God has in each country as He will take over as man is about to end life in the middle East. While it is quite obvious that the US govt school system has created the mental state of the millennials which takes them off the chart of measurable common sense of prior generations, we may have no idea what role God has in Russia.
Clear lines of discernment regarding leaders, govts, and common people has left us with a complex mess that only the Lord will be able to sort out.
Perhaps we are in smoke and mirrors as the power brokers plan to give us enough fear to welcome any new scheme of control that comes our way.
Until the population can apply the laws of God in their lives, confusion will be their constant companion.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Call it whatever you want but to me this is most definitely happening now :

The United States will spend her strength and means warring in foreign lands until other nations will say, “Let’s divide up the lands of the United States,” then the people of the U.S. will unite and swear by the blood of their fore-fathers, that the land shall not be divided. Then the country will go to war, and they will fight until one half of the U.S. army will give up, and the rest will continue to struggle. They will keep on until they are very ragged and discouraged, and almost ready to give up—when the boys from the mountains will rush forth in time to save the American Army from defeat and ruin. And they will say, “Brethren, we are glad you have come; give us men, henceforth, who can talk with God.” Then you will have friends, but you will save the country when its liberty hangs by a hair, as it were."

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

My vote is that the push for war comes from the elites who control multiple nations. Of course there is a complicit presidency and congress in this country so it makes it easy for the military might of our once-great nation to be abused. Show me the money! Bankers profit from wars. Little people suffer.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

simpleton wrote: April 10th, 2017, 8:26 pm Call it whatever you want but to me this is most definitely happening now :

The United States will spend her strength and means warring in foreign lands until other nations will say, “Let’s divide up the lands of the United States,” then the people of the U.S. will unite and swear by the blood of their fore-fathers, that the land shall not be divided. Then the country will go to war, and they will fight until one half of the U.S. army will give up, and the rest will continue to struggle. They will keep on until they are very ragged and discouraged, and almost ready to give up—when the boys from the mountains will rush forth in time to save the American Army from defeat and ruin. And they will say, “Brethren, we are glad you have come; give us men, henceforth, who can talk with God.” Then you will have friends, but you will save the country when its liberty hangs by a hair, as it were."
That quote came to my mind as I was writing the post.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I am convinced that American latter-day gadiantons fomented the United States' entry into WW1 and WW2. Both of these wars were, I believe, intended to facilitate progress toward world government. The League of Nations didn't cut it with Americans, but the United Nations has gained considerable control over America and other first-world countries as well. And it was American LDGs that engineered the victory of the communist forces in the Chinese war between the nationalist forces and the communist forces and in the French IndoChina war as well. I strongly suspect that they also fomented the Korean War and the Vietnam War, and rules of engagement in Korea and Vietnam were enforced to insure the American-led forces did not defeat the communist forces. And I am convinced that LDGs fomented the recent wars in the Mid-East. I believe that American LDGs want a war with Russia ASAP so that they can establish themselves as top dogs in control of the new world order. I believe Russia and China have similar designs but prefer to wait until they are better prepared.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Is the prophecy about war between America and Russia attributed to President George Albert Smith any less valid that that attributed to Joseph Smith by Mosiah Hancock ?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: April 10th, 2017, 8:51 pm
simpleton wrote: April 10th, 2017, 8:26 pm Call it whatever you want but to me this is most definitely happening now :

Too bad it is a Mormon Myth w/o any credibility.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

DesertWonderer wrote: April 10th, 2017, 10:03 pm
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: April 10th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Too bad it is a Mormon Myth w/o any credibility.
Myth or not, you can't deny we aren't spending our strength and means warring in foreign lands.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

I've been saying this since summer. Russia is not innocent by any means, but they had been largely ignored by the media for the last decade. Then suddenly Russia was the big bad guy. It felt like no one else noticed the strong increase in anti-Russian news-too distracted by the election.
I figure it's either bankers or oil pipeline control.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

One could also argue this is the continued implementation of the Wolfowitz Doctrine. However, I tend to lean more towards the "order out of chaos" theory.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

In my view the US were right to launch the missile attack in response to the use of chemical weapons by the Syrians..... and the Russians know it.
Notice how neither the Russians nor the Syrians have targeted the two US naval craft sitting off the Syrian coast who were responsible for the launch of the cruise missiles. They know they've been caught with their trousers down.
Sometimes, when the media reports an incident, it is actually true.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Robin Hood wrote: April 11th, 2017, 12:09 am In my view the US were right to launch the missile attack in response to the use of chemical weapons by the Syrians..... and the Russians know it.
Notice how neither the Russians nor the Syrians have targeted the two US naval craft sitting off the Syrian coast who were responsible for the launch of the cruise missiles. They know they've been caught with their trousers down.
The fact that Russia and Syria haven't attacked our naval vessels is hardly proof of the media's report being true. Both Russia and Syria know that for them to attack a U.S. warship would lead them and the world down a path which would be unimaginable.

If, and I stress IF, this was a ruse to draw Russia into a conflict, it could easily be just as likely they're refusing to take the bait.

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

Robin Hood wrote: April 11th, 2017, 12:09 am In my view the US were right to launch the missile attack in response to the use of chemical weapons by the Syrians..... and the Russians know it.

Why would Asaad use chemical weapons when winning. Secondly, why do we only see pictures of these children when 10000s of thousands more have died in Syria. Lastly, look into every aspect before just giving into emotional physiological warfare tactics.

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: April 11th, 2017, 1:00 am
The fact that Russia and Syria haven't attacked our naval vessels is hardly proof of the media's report being true. Both Russia and Syria know that for them to attack a U.S. warship would lead them and the world down a path which would be unimaginable.

If, and I stress IF, this was a ruse to draw Russia into a conflict, it could easily be just as likely they're refusing to take the bait.
How is that proof at all? America has killed hundreds of innocents with horrific weaponry.. lastly... maybe they dont wanna start ww3...

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

It's clear that chemical weapons have been used.
So the choice is:
1. They were used by the rebels against their own sympathizers in order to halt the peace process so they could get beaten.
2. Assad's forces did it in order to scupper the peace process because they are winning anyway.

It should be pointed out that Assad's forces have used these weapons before. At that time the US said that chemical weapons use was a red line and wouldn't be tolerated. That turned out to be an idle threat. There were, basically, no repercussions. So why not give it another go!

I have to say, some of you people have a very low opinion of your country. I'm not an American, but I believe that the US generally acts in the right, or best way it knows how.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

How "civilian bombings" are staged:

https://www.facebook.com/NORSKK/videos/ ... f=NEWSFEED

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Robin Hood wrote: April 11th, 2017, 8:15 am It's clear that chemical weapons have been used.
So the choice is:
1. They were used by the rebels against their own sympathizers in order to halt the peace process so they could get beaten.
2. Assad's forces did it in order to scupper the peace process because they are winning anyway.

It should be pointed out that Assad's forces have used these weapons before. At that time the US said that chemical weapons use was a red line and wouldn't be tolerated. That turned out to be an idle threat. There were, basically, no repercussions. So why not give it another go!

I have to say, some of you people have a very low opinion of your country. I'm not an American, but I believe that the US generally acts in the right, or best way it knows how.
The CIA has killed and blackflagged and influenced elections since its inception. I'm not going to start trusting them now. GHW Bush used to be our head spook. That alone speaks volumes about their trustworthiness for the last 40 years.

Your #1 or #2 could be possible, as is #3:
They were used by the CIA-supported rebels to cast doubt on the Assad government and to give the NWO an excuse to pull another Libya so the Qataris can finally run their gas pipeline through Syria.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Wow! Take it with a grain of salt, but here we have Putin claiming to have evidence the U.S. is planning false flag chemical attacks in Syria.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-says-e ... 50135.html

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Syria is not the only place Russia finds itself potentially at odds with the US. Whenever North Korea is mentioned, everyone immediately thinks China. Looked at a map of NK lately?
map_of_north-korea.jpg
map_of_north-korea.jpg (42.57 KiB) Viewed 996 times
There's Russia up in the NE corner. Right next to NK.

Pop quiz:
How did the United Nations ever pass a resolution to go to pretend war against NK?

Answer: Russia walked out of the Security Council meeting here those plans were being discussed and forfeited their veto vote.

However! However, the Russians did send men and weapons to help the North Koreans. Russians were captured by UN forces. So while the Chinese may be talking about beating up on Lil Kim, the Russians could actually proxy fight the US by helping North Korea again.

And as if on cue, our traitorous, lying Marmalade In Chief is threatening to use some more force.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-1 ... orth-korea

Trump: "We're Sending A Very Powerful Armada" To North Korea

Whether this is more bluster or the real thing, it is bound to upset the Chinese...

In an interview with FOX News' Maria Bartiromo, President Trump just gave advance notice - something he said he would not do - that the US will be rattling their sabre very close to China and North Korea...

BARTIROMO: You redirected navy ships to go toward the Korean Peninsula. What we are doing right now in terms of North Korea?

TRUMP: You never know, do you? You never know.

BARTIROMO: That's all (INAUDIBLE)...

TRUMP: You know I don't think about the military.

BARTIROMO: Yes.

TRUMP: I'm not like Obama, where they talk about in four months we're waiting -- we're going to hit Mosul.

BARTIROMO: Right.

TRUMP: And in the meantime, they get ready and like you've never seen -- look, they're still fighting. Mosul was supposed to last for a week and now they've been fighting it for many months and so many more people died. I don't want to talk about it. We are sending an armada, very powerful. We have submarines, very powerful, far more powerful than the aircraft carrier, that I can tell you. And we have the best military people on Earth. And I will say this. He is doing the wrong thing. He is doing the wrong thing.

BARTIROMO: Do you...

TRUMP: He's making a big mistake.

BARTIROMO: -- do you think he's mentally fit?

TRUMP: I don't know. I don't know. I don't know him. But he's doing the wrong thing.

We would imagine China will not take kindly to submarines skulking around its newly built islands and looming up on the coast of Korea. Will they respond via Yuan volatility, or kinetically? (close quote)

Now if we can just get the Marmalade In Chief to declare war on Freedonia (for you Duck Soup fans), we will have managed to offend just about everyone.

By the way, doesn't the part in red lettering above sound like the babbling of an idiot? He hasn't changed a bit from the campaign. Everything is big and beautiful and if it's not big, it's yuuge, and powerful. And he already has a complete plan for healthcare and tax cuts and when he rolls it all out you'll get tired of winning so much. How do people with brain cells fall for this nonsense?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

At his first press briefing earlier today, Secretary of State Colin Powell said that he is certain Syria has lots yuuge weapons of mass destruction and junk like that.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-1 ... korea-tens
Mattis: Syria Will "Not Spiral Out Of Control"

by Tyler Durden
Apr 11, 2017 6:23 PM

At his first press briefing earlier today, Secretary of Defense James Mattis looked to quickly quash doubts over which party was responsible for the recent Sarin gas attacks in Syria saying there was "no doubt" that the Assad regime "planned in, orchestrated it and executed it" and offered a stern warning that their would be a "very very stiff price" to be paid if further chemical attacks were launched in the future.

Mattis went on to say that while the recent U.S. bombings should not be interpreted as a "harbinger of a strategy change" in the region he did offer a warning to Assad that he should "think long and hard" before considering similar attacks in the future.

With regards to a potential Russian response, Mattis said simply that he's "confident the Russians will act in their own best interests, and there's nothing in their best interests to say they want this situation to go out of control."

Meanwhile the key takeaway from the press briefing seemed to be the following comment from Mattis:

"I just want to say very clearly, that the use of chemical weapons, contrary to the Geneva Convention that Syria has signed up for, using chemical weapons that Syria agreed under U.N. pressure to remove from their arsenal, those chemical weapons that the Russians certified were gone, that if they use chemical weapons they are going to pay a very very stiff price."
Other key comments below:

MATTIS: `OUR PRIORITY REMAINS THE DEFEAT' OF ISLAMIC STATE
MATTIS: ATTACK WAS `SINGULAR' RESPONSE ON CHEMICAL WEAPONS
MATTIS: SYRIA STRIKE WASN'T `HARBINGER' OF STRATEGY CHANGE
MATTIS: IT'S VERY CLEAR THE ASSAD REGIME PLANNED IT, ORCHESTRATED IT AND EXECUTED IT

As tensions around the globe continue to mount over the Trump administration's official policies related to Syria and North Korea, Secretary of Defense James Mattis will take the podium momentarily to offer his first press briefing. (close quote)

If a government official is trying to assure you that things will not spin out of control, the first thing you should plan on is for things to spin completely out of control, and in a way that will not benefit any peons like you and me.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

You beat me to it. Yes; correct.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Fiannan wrote: April 11th, 2017, 8:20 am How "civilian bombings" are staged:

https://www.facebook.com/NORSKK/videos/ ... f=NEWSFEED
Ha ha, they're worse than the crisis actors in the USA!
Last edited by JohnnyL on April 12th, 2017, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

lundbaek wrote: April 10th, 2017, 9:15 pm I am convinced that American latter-day gadiantons fomented the United States' entry into WW1 and WW2. Both of these wars were, I believe, intended to facilitate progress toward world government. The League of Nations didn't cut it with Americans, but the United Nations has gained considerable control over America and other first-world countries as well. And it was American LDGs that engineered the victory of the communist forces in the Chinese war between the nationalist forces and the communist forces and in the French IndoChina war as well. I strongly suspect that they also fomented the Korean War and the Vietnam War, and rules of engagement in Korea and Vietnam were enforced to insure the American-led forces did not defeat the communist forces. And I am convinced that LDGs fomented the recent wars in the Mid-East. I believe that American LDGs want a war with Russia ASAP so that they can establish themselves as top dogs in control of the new world order. I believe Russia and China have similar designs but prefer to wait until they are better prepared.
I am convinced of all that, and more.