The Anti-War Right Finally Gets Nervous About Trump

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

The Anti-War Right Finally Gets Nervous About Trump

Post by ajax »

http://www.targetliberty.com/2017/04/th ... rvous.html
By Robert Wenzel

I know, I guess I should be cheering that the anti-war right appears to be breaking with President Trump since his cruise missile attack on the Shayrat military air base in Syria, but you have to wonder about these people. Are cruise missiles just some kind of strange trigger for them?

Here's Ann Coulter breaking from Trump since the attack:
There are nearly 50k comments on this @BreitbartNews story about Syrian attack, 99% ferociously negative. https://t.co/zQfrEWFYpS
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) April 7, 2017

"Read the founding fathers. We must stay out of entangling alliances." https://t.co/zQfrEWFYpS
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) April 7, 2017
But Trump never said he wasn't going to engage in military actions overseas---just that he wouldn't do it in the name of "nation building."

I wrote this in April of last year:
In his speech, billed as a major foreign policy speech, at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington D.C., Trump said he was against nation building, but then quickly added that he was in favor of using U.S. might to bring "stability" to the world...

Although Trump is against nation building, this should not be taken to mean that he is not militaristic.

The man sees a very hostile world where unlike [George] Washington, he sees a need to meddle overseas, using, when he deems it necessary, the United States military to take on perceived threats, almost all completely imaginary...

To be sure, many of the other presidential candidates display a bellicose streak, but none of them come close to Trump in "creative meddling" and none of them appear to have the Trump personality that seems built at its very foundation on never backing down.
But reacting to the same speech, Coulter got totally suckered:
GREATEST FOREIGN POLICY SPEECH SINCE WASHINGTON'S FAREWELL ADDRESS.
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) April 27, 2016
Misreading the early Trump was not Coulter's only mistake. She failed to consider the advisers Trump had surrounded himself with at that early date.

For example, Trump was leaning heavily on the foreign policy advice of the nutjob General Michael Flynn. Indeed, Trump named Flynn his national security adviser at the start of the Administration and he held that position until he shot himself in the foot.

But, back during the campaign, it should have been a concern of the anti-war right that Flynn was so close to Trump. But not a peep---and this guy is seriously deranged.

What were they thinking?

In his book, The Field of Flight, Flynn wrote:
Most Americans mistakenly believe that peace is the normal condition of mankind, while war is some weird aberration. Actually, it's the other way around....

Americans do not prepare for the next war, are invariably surprised when it erupts, and, since we did not take prudent steps when it would have been relatively simple to prevail, usually end up fighting on our enemies' more difficult and costly terms....

Let's face it: right now we're losing, and I'm talking about a very big war, not just Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan...

The war is on. We face a working coalition that extends from North Korea and China to Russia, Iran, Syria, Bolivia, Venezuela and Nicaragua.
Since then, Trump has replaced Flynn with H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser, who is simply a more clever and skilled war hawk.

From my initial report on McMaster:
The new NSA, General H.R. McMaster, has Flynn beat in brain power by an exponential quantity. He holds a Ph.D. degree in American history from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Here is the problem, when we are talking real world understanding, McMaster for all practical purposes holds a doctorate in military killing. And he has a blind vision that the United States is an Empire that must deal with "strategic interests" around the world, in many cases from a military angle. There is absolutely no indication that McMaster has adopted the view of George Washington that the United States should stay out of foreign entanglements. None.

Whatsmore, he holds the view that U.S. troops on the ground are the only way to solve many conflicts....With McMaster being named National Security Adviser, you can throw away the idea that Trump is going to disengage the United States from military adventures. The troops that are already deployed are not coming home. The Empire is about to intensify its global entanglements, with new or additional combat troops at many hot spots created in the first place by the Empire.
It is really irresponsible for an anti-war professional columnist like Coulter to blabber on about Trump without understanding the war hawks surrounding him. And I am only touching the surface here. Even Jared Kushner could have been spotted as a serious problem before Trump assumed the presidency.

In early January, I wrote:
President-elect Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner will be named senior adviser to the president, reports NBC News.

Kushner is married to Ivanka Trump.

This is not a good sign. Kushner appears to be a major influence on Donald Trump in the worst way..

He also appears to play a role in Trump's pro-Israel stance, a stance which is going to do nothing but get the US more deeply involved in a messy, messy foreign entanglement.
But forget all these early warning signs. Where the hell has Coulter been since Trump has taken office and escalated military actions in numerous US theaters of operations---before the cruise missiles attack?

Back in March, we knew that drone strikes under Trump had climbed at an exponential rate.

And we also knew before the missile strikes that Trump was sending additional troops to the Middle East but no longer announcing their deployment.

Where was the outrage over this from the anti-war right?

And I hasten to add, the U.S. military warned the Russian military in advance that the cruise missiles attack was coming so they could get their men out of harm's way (which no doubt also caused the Syrians at the base to high tail it.). The U.S. does not warn anyone when a drone strike is about to hit. On a scale of deadly killing, the drone attacks are much more lethal than the made-for-TV missiles attack.

I am really glad the cruise missiles attack has woken up the anti-war right but, early on, they got suckered big time by Trump and it is difficult for me to see how. Sadly, it is important to keep in mind that they shouldn't be mistaken for solid liberty minded people.

Most of the anti-war right is nationalist in the worst sense of the term. They are against working undocumented immigrants and are anti-free trade.

And, don't let them get away with the excuse that Trump was different early on and that "somebody got to Trump." He has always been a war hawk (just, wink, wink, not for "nation building").

From his 2011 book, Time to Get Tough:
Afghanistan is still a mess and a terrorist hotbed. Syria is on the verge of civil war...
[N]ational security threats are everywhere and growing...
Let me put this as plainly as I know how: Iran's nuclear program must be stopped---by any and all means necessary. Period.
And:
Only go to war to win.
That's Trump. He has always been an "all means necessary" war advocate. The anti-war right if they had their eyes open should have known this.

This is how Trump justified his attack on a non-nation building basis, from his statement immediately following the attack:
Tonight, I ordered a targeted military strike on the airfield in Syria from where the chemical attack was launched. It is in this vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.
It's been there all along. Trump is not anti-war, he just won't justify it on a nation building basis. From the start he surrounded himself with military that believe the exact same thing as he does.

Expect many more military actions from Trump "to protect the national security interest of the United States."

There is really no reason to support this guy, He is horrific on foreign policy and almost as bad on domestic policy. Anyone who continues to support Trump is no friend of liberty that should be pretty obvious by now.

Robert Wenzel is Editor & Publisher of EconomicPolicyJournal.com and Target Liberty. He also writes EPJ Daily Alert and is author of The Fed Flunks: My Speech at the New York Federal Reserve Bank. Follow him on twitter:@wenzeleconomics, on LinkedIn and Facebook. The Robert Wenzel podcast is on iphone and stitcher.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Anti-War Right Finally Gets Nervous About Trump

Post by Silver »

I think this would be a good place to just drop this...right...here...

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1976/06/the- ... p?lang=eng

The False Gods We Worship
By President Spencer W. Kimball

We are a warlike people, easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel—ships, planes, missiles, fortifications—and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become antienemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan’s counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior’s teaching:

“Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 5:44–45.)

We forget that if we are righteous the Lord will either not suffer our enemies to come upon us—and this is the special promise to the inhabitants of the land of the Americas (see 2 Ne. 1:7)—or he will fight our battles for us (Ex. 14:14; D&C 98:37, to name only two references of many). This he is able to do, for as he said at the time of his betrayal, “Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?” (Matt. 26:53.) We can imagine what fearsome soldiers they would be. King Jehoshaphat and his people were delivered by such a troop (see 2 Chr. 20), and when Elisha’s life was threatened, he comforted his servant by saying, “Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them” (2 Kgs. 6:16). The Lord then opened the eyes of the servant, “And he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.” (2 Kgs. 6:17.)

Now, one more time, Trumpsters, who you gonna trust, the Marmalade In Chief, or a real president, President Spencer W. Kimball?
Attachments
spencer-w-kimball.jpg
spencer-w-kimball.jpg (4.89 KiB) Viewed 1276 times

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Silver wrote: April 10th, 2017, 7:59 am I think this would be a good place to just drop this...right...here...

We are a warlike people, easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel—ships, planes, missiles, fortifications—and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become antienemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan’s counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior’s teaching:

“Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

“That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven.” (Matt. 5:44–45.)

We forget that if we are righteous the Lord will either not suffer our enemies to come upon us—and this is the special promise to the inhabitants of the land of the Americas (see 2 Ne. 1:7)—or he will fight our battles for us (Ex. 14:14; D&C 98:37, to name only two references of many). This he is able to do, for as he said at the time of his betrayal, “Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?” (Matt. 26:53.) We can imagine what fearsome soldiers they would be. King Jehoshaphat and his people were delivered by such a troop (see 2 Chr. 20), and when Elisha’s life was threatened, he comforted his servant by saying, “Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them” (2 Kgs. 6:16). The Lord then opened the eyes of the servant, “And he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.” (2 Kgs. 6:17.)

Now, one more time, Trumpsters, who you gonna trust, the Marmalade In Chief, or a real president, President Spencer W. Kimball?
President Kimball's talk needs to be heard. It shames me that so many saints don't seem to understand the gospel of peace and are actively preaching and throwing their support against it.

I believe the elections were all theatrics. From the very beginning when Trump entered the race he was the media's darling. He received far more air time and coverage than any of the other candidates and the media was falling all over themselves singing his praises. It was so bad at one point that one of my cousins who isn't into politics (but whose job required him to watch the news regularly to stay abreast of current events) noticed it and commented on it to me of how sick he was of how much positive attention Trump was always getting. It's like they were trying to force him down American's throats - it was pure unadulterated propaganda. And I believe people were starting to sit up and take notice because of it and reject him. And so the media switched tactics. First, they just stopped talking about him for a little bit. But soon they did a complete 180 turn and were shouting from the rooftops about how horrible a person he was and how he wasn't fit for the presidency. It truly reminded me of the story of Brer Rabbit and the briar patch. And the more the media weeped and wailed over Trump the more the people began to believe that he must be the right choice. I tried to tell this to others and warn them about what I saw, but nobody seemed to remember that from the beginning Trump had been the media's darling, and many of them only cared that Hillary not be elected and so they went with the choice with the greatest odds of beating her.

I voted for someone other than Trump (or Hillary, for that matter). And I was able to persuade at least one other person that there was a better choice. When it was clear Trump had won I watched his acceptance speech. And you know what? It was actually pretty good! And I began to warm towards him - maybe there was hope for us yet. However, as time goes on, his actions prove that the MO hasn't changed one bit. Clintons, Trump, Obama, Bushes - what does it matter; we still find ourselves on the same road leading to the same place. I believe that in the end only the gospel of Jesus Christ (a gospel of peace and love, mind you) can provide the course correction that we need.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Onsdag wrote: April 10th, 2017, 10:01 am
Silver wrote: April 10th, 2017, 7:59 am I think this would be a good place to just drop this...right...here...

We are a warlike people, easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel—ships, planes, missiles, fortifications—and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become antienemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan’s counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior’s teaching.

President Kimball's talk needs to be heard. It shames me that so many saints don't seem to understand the gospel of peace and are actively preaching and throwing their support against it.

I posted this section of Kimball's talk on Facebook two days before Trump decided to shoot missiles at sovereign nations. The silence from my Mormon friends was deafening. I'm not sure whether the "WE" in "We are a warlike people" was originally meant to represent "we" as a country or "WE" as Mormons, but these days I don't know if there's much of a difference. We've been 100% assimilated into the "warlike people".

We are realizing the Shiz v. Coriantumr paradigm with astonishing rapidity. I see most Mormons cheering the attack on Syria. This is not inspiring to me. But then, they largely ignored Pres. Kimball, too.

Sad.

"Blessed are the peacemakers." <- neither Shiz or Coriantumr.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

iWriteStuff wrote: April 10th, 2017, 10:10 am

We are a warlike people, easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel—ships, planes, missiles, fortifications—and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become antienemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan’s counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior’s teaching.

I posted this section of Kimball's talk on Facebook two days before Trump decided to shoot missiles at sovereign nations. The silence from my Mormon friends was deafening. I'm not sure whether the "WE" in "We are a warlike people" was originally meant to represent "we" as a country or "WE" as Mormons, but these days I don't know if there's much of a difference. We've been 100% assimilated into the "warlike people".

We are realizing the Shiz v. Coriantumr paradigm with astonishing rapidity. I see most Mormons cheering the attack on Syria. This is not inspiring to me. But then, they largely ignored Pres. Kimball, too.

Sad.

Even If they are not cheering the attack I bet they have fallen for the support the troops socal pressure thinking.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Ezra wrote: April 10th, 2017, 11:27 am

Sad.

Even If they are not cheering the attack I bet they have fallen for the support the troops socal pressure thinking.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Silver wrote: April 10th, 2017, 11:39 am

Sad.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
Isant that like saying good is bad, bad is good.

Good is good. Bad is bad. War is war. Peace is peace. Slavery is taxation. Ignorance is what's being taught in public schools.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Ezra wrote: April 10th, 2017, 11:49 am
Silver wrote: April 10th, 2017, 11:39 am

Sad.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
Isant that like saying good is bad, bad is good.

Good is good. Bad is bad. War is war. Peace is peace. Slavery is taxation. Ignorance is what's being taught in public schools.
It is like that. That's why the dystopia described in 1984 is such an accurate forecast of what we're experiencing now.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Would anyone want the likes of John McCain as president? Lindsey Graham? Hillary Clinton?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Not sure why you're getting your panties in such a wad over UT and Trump. If you remember in the Primaries we gave 69% of the vote to Cruz, Trump got 45% in the general. Note that in the general there was no choice really. The only time we had a choice was in the primary and we voted accordingly.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 10th, 2017, 1:52 pm

Not sure why you're getting your panties in such a wad over UT and Trump. If you remember in the Primaries we gave 69% of the vote to Cruz, Trump got 45% in the general. Note that in the general there was no choice really. The only time we had a choice was in the primary and we voted accordingly.
As long as there are Trump supporters on LDSFF, I will continue to blast him and the NWO proponents surrounding him. In my limited way, here and in real life, I like to point out the reality of Ether 8. I certainly don't limit myself to just the State of Utah so I'm not sure why you mentioned it. Freudian slip? Guilty conscience?

I would also like to disabuse you of the fallacy that you had no choice in the 2016 presidential election. For example, some alternative choices were:
1. Don't vote
2. Vote for Darrell Castle like me
3. Vote for some other candidate of your choosing
4. Write in Mickey Mouse

Granted,
with #1 you might be considered to be shirking your civic duty
with #2, you would not have chosen the victor, but at least you would know you didn't choose evil
with #3, depending on who you selected, the level of peace of mind would vary
with #4, the secular nature of the Disney machinery notwithstanding, probably a safe bet, but I could be dissuaded from this opinion

Just wondering, how much time did you spend before the election learning about the Constitution Party and its nominee?

Finally, why does quoting Spencer W. Kimball qualify me for "getting (my) panties in such a wad?" If you have a clear explanation for my inquiry, I will endeavor to never mention his name again in any future sacrament meeting talks or Sunday School lessons, etc.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Fiannan wrote: April 10th, 2017, 12:55 pm Would anyone want the likes of John McCain as president? Lindsey Graham? Hillary Clinton?
Nope. That's why I didn't vote for Trump.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

One of my friends shared this on Facebook last week and I've had it open on my phone since. I've been feeling like I need to study it deeper, reading it repeatedly. I've never read or heard it before last week, but seeing it again deepens those feelings of its importance. Thank you!!

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: April 10th, 2017, 2:07 pm
DesertWonderer wrote: April 10th, 2017, 1:52 pm

As long as there are Trump supporters on LDSFF, I will continue to blast him and the NWO proponents surrounding him. In my limited way, here and in real life, I like to point out the reality of Ether 8. I certainly don't limit myself to just the State of Utah so I'm not sure why you mentioned it. Freudian slip? Guilty conscience?

I would also like to disabuse you of the fallacy that you had no choice in the 2016 presidential election. For example, some alternative choices were:
1. Don't vote
2. Vote for Darrell Castle like me
3. Vote for some other candidate of your choosing
4. Write in Mickey Mouse

Granted,
with #1 you might be considered to be shirking your civic duty
with #2, you would not have chosen the victor, but at least you would know you didn't choose evil
with #3, depending on who you selected, the level of peace of mind would vary
with #4, the secular nature of the Disney machinery notwithstanding, probably a safe bet, but I could be dissuaded from this opinion

Just wondering, how much time did you spend before the election learning about the Constitution Party and its nominee?

Finally, why does quoting Spencer W. Kimball qualify me for "getting (my) panties in such a wad?" If you have a clear explanation for my inquiry, I will endeavor to never mention his name again in any future sacrament meeting talks or Sunday School lessons, etc.

Alfred •

Nominate an originalist SCOTUS justice - Done.
Border wall - In progress.
Reduce regulation burdens - In progress.
Restart oil pipeline projects - Done.
Abolish sanctuary cities - In progress.
Federal hiring freeze - Done.
Repeal & replace ACA - In progress.
Tax reform - In progress.
Foreign terrorist entry reform - In court.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Speaking of Christianity and peace, from Dr. Paul:

“Madam Speaker, I have a few questions for my colleagues.

What if our foreign policy of the past century is deeply flawed and has not served our national security interest?

What if we wake up one day and realize that the terrorist threat is the predictable consequence of our meddling in the affairs of others, and has nothing to do with us being free and prosperous?

What if propping up repressive regimes in the Middle East endangers both the United States and Israel?

What if occupying countries like Iraq and Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan is directly related to the hatred directed toward us?

What if someday it dawns on us that losing over 5,000 American military personnel in the Middle East since 9/11 is not a fair tradeoff with the loss of nearly 3,000 American citizens no matter how many Iraqi, Pakistanian, Afghan people are killed or displaced?

What if we finally decide that torture, even if called “enhanced interrogation technique”, is self-destructive and produces no useful information and that contracting it out to a third world nation is just as evil?

What if it is finally realized that war and military spending is always destructive to the economy?

What if all war-time spending is paid for through the deceitful and evil process of inflating and borrowing?

What if we finally see that war-time conditions always undermine personal liberty?

What if Conservatives who preach small government wake up and realize that our interventionist foreign policy provides the greatest incentive to expand the government?

What if Conservatives understood once again that their only logical position is to reject military intervention and managing an empire throughout the world?

What if the American people woke up and understood that the official reasons for going to war are almost always based on lies and promoted by war propaganda in order to serve special interests?

What if we as a nation came to realize that the quest for empire eventually destroys all great nations?

What if Obama has no intention of leaving Iraq?

What if a military draft is being planned for for the wars that would spread if our foreign policy is not changed?

What if the American people learned the truth, that our foreign policy has nothing to do with national security, that it never changes from one administration to the next?

What if war in preparation for war is a racket serving the special interests?

What if President Obama is completely wrong about Afghanistan and it turns out worse than Iraq and Vietnam put together?

What if Christianity actually teaches peace and not preventive wars of aggression?

What if diplomacy is found to be superior to bombs and bribes in protecting America?

What happens if my concerns are completely unfounded?

Nothing.

But what happens if my concerns are justified and ignored?

Nothing good.

And I yield back the balance of my time.”
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-1 ... tant-words

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

If Russia knows this then so do our spooks.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-1 ... cus-region

Putin: "Idlib Was A "False Flag" Attack And We Have Learned That More Are Coming"

by Tyler Durden
Apr 11, 2017 9:06 AM

With Rex Tillerson on his way to Russia, moments ago Russian president Vladimir Putin shocked reporters when he said that Russia has received intelligence from "trusted sources" that more attacks using chemical weapons are being prepared on the Damascus region, meant to pin the blame on the Assad government.

“We have reports from multiple sources that false flags like this one – and I cannot call it otherwise – are being prepared in other parts of Syria, including the southern suburbs of Damascus. They plan to plant some chemical there and accuse the Syrian government of an attack,” he said at a joint press conference with Italian President Sergio Mattarella in Moscow

The Russian President announced that Russia will officially turn to the UN in the Hague for an investigation of the chemical weapons' use in Idlib. Moscow has dismissed suggestions that the Syrian government that it backs could be behind the attack in Idlib province.

"All incidents reminiscent of the 'chemical attacks' that took place in Idlib must be thoroughly investigated," Putin said.

Damascus denied the allegations, noting that the targeted area may have been hosting chemical weapons stockpiles belonging to Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) or Al-Nusra Front jihadists.

The incident has not been properly investigated as yet, but the US fired dozens of cruise missiles at a Syrian airbase in a demonstration of force over what it labeled a chemical attack by Damascus.

Putin also pointed out that the latest US missile strikes in Syria bring to mind the United States' UN Security Council address in 2003 that led to the invasion of Iraq, an address which has now been thorougly debunked as using flawed information to garner global support for an invasion.

“President Mattarella and I discussed it, and I told him that this reminds me strongly of the events in 2003, when the US representatives demonstrated at the UN Security Council session the presumed chemical weapons found in Iraq. The military campaign was subsequently launched in Iraq and it ended with the devastation of the country, the growth of the terrorist threat and the appearance of Islamic State [IS, formerly ISIS] on the world stage,” he added.

The Russian president also slammed the Idlib attack, officially denouncing it as a "false flag" attack.

Putin also said that there is no meeting with Tillerson currently on his schedule.

Following Putin's presser, Russian General Staff released a statement announcing that it has information of militants bringing poisonous substances to areas of Khan Shaykhun, West of Aleppo and Eastern Guta in Syria.

Chief of the Russian General Staff Main Operational Directorate Col. Gen. Sergei Rudskoy said that the militants are trying to provoke new accusations targeted at Syrian government for alleged use of chemical weapons. The militants aim to incite the US to conduct new strikes, Rudskoy warned, adding that such measures are impermissible. He said that according to the Russian general staff new US airstrikes in Syria are unacceptable and that the Syrian forces posses no chemical weapons.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Silver wrote: April 11th, 2017, 7:53 am Speaking of Christianity and peace, from Dr. Paul:

What if our foreign policy of the past century is deeply flawed and has not served our national security interest?

What if we wake up one day and realize that the terrorist threat is the predictable consequence of our meddling in the affairs of others, and has nothing to do with us being free and prosperous?

What if propping up repressive regimes in the Middle East endangers both the United States and Israel?

What if occupying countries like Iraq and Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan is directly related to the hatred directed toward us?

What if someday it dawns on us that losing over 5,000 American military personnel in the Middle East since 9/11 is not a fair tradeoff with the loss of nearly 3,000 American citizens no matter how many Iraqi, Pakistanian, Afghan people are killed or displaced?

What if we finally decide that torture, even if called “enhanced interrogation technique”, is self-destructive and produces no useful information and that contracting it out to a third world nation is just as evil?

What if it is finally realized that war and military spending is always destructive to the economy?

What if all war-time spending is paid for through the deceitful and evil process of inflating and borrowing?

What if we finally see that war-time conditions always undermine personal liberty?

What if Conservatives who preach small government wake up and realize that our interventionist foreign policy provides the greatest incentive to expand the government?

What if Conservatives understood once again that their only logical position is to reject military intervention and managing an empire throughout the world?

What if the American people woke up and understood that the official reasons for going to war are almost always based on lies and promoted by war propaganda in order to serve special interests?

What if we as a nation came to realize that the quest for empire eventually destroys all great nations?

What if Obama has no intention of leaving Iraq?

What if a military draft is being planned for for the wars that would spread if our foreign policy is not changed?

What if the American people learned the truth, that our foreign policy has nothing to do with national security, that it never changes from one administration to the next?

What if war in preparation for war is a racket serving the special interests?

What if President Obama is completely wrong about Afghanistan and it turns out worse than Iraq and Vietnam put together?

What if Christianity actually teaches peace and not preventive wars of aggression?

What if diplomacy is found to be superior to bombs and bribes in protecting America?

What happens if my concerns are completely unfounded?

Nothing.

But what happens if my concerns are justified and ignored?

Nothing good.

And I yield back the balance of my time.”

I really wish Ron Paul would have ran for president this last election. I hope runs again in the future.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Ezra wrote: April 11th, 2017, 11:09 am
Silver wrote: April 11th, 2017, 7:53 am Speaking of Christianity and peace, from Dr. Paul:

I really wish Ron Paul would have ran for president this last election. I hope runs again in the future.
Unfortunately, Dr. Paul is feeling the effects of his age and probably wouldn't hold up to the rigors of the campaign. At least he recognizes his limitations, unlike the medical team which kept Hillary pumped full of Happy Juice during the last campaign and beyond.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Re: U.S. Launches Missiles at Syrian Base
PM
Unread postby blevdawgAg47 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:02 pm

All it took was Trump bombing Syria to get back in the Establishment media's good graces? Even Rachel Maddow was singing his praises. This must be baffling for those stuck in the false left/right dichotomy.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Let me see if I got this right. Based on testimony before the Senate today, Yates revealed some info on General Flynn. Trump learned of Flynn's awkward relationship with Russia, but didn't fire him. It was only after the info was leaked to the media that Trump released Flynn from his duties. Is that how things happened? I really want to know.