UPDATE: President Monson

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
kittycat51
captain of 1,000

UPDATE: President Monson

Post by kittycat51 »

I thought I would post this for those outside of Utah. I don't know what you hear. Prayers for President Monson.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43751995&nid=14 ... spitalized
Last edited by kittycat51 on April 6th, 2017, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: President Monson

Post by Silver »

Prayers for President Monson.
We thank thee O God for a prophet.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I have a funny story concerning President Monson. My father served as a Stake President for over 10 years. When it came time for him to be released, (I think in 1980-1981?) President Monson was the visiting apostle who would extend that release. (Back in the day when they did all of that!) He came to our house the Saturday night before Stake Conference for dinner. Sadly it was only the "adults" invited, i.e. dad and his councilors and their wives. Although we were able to meet and shake his hand before dinner. As children we would peak around the corner into the dinning room and whisper "There is Elder Monson! How cool!" After he left that evening and we helped clean up, me and my brother just older than I, took his water glass and sipped out of it, because we knew an apostle of the Lord drank from that same cup. YES I know it was silly. We were just kids. :ymblushing:

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

kittycat51 wrote: April 4th, 2017, 7:36 pm I have a funny story concerning President Monson. My father served as a Stake President for over 10 years. When it came time for him to be released, (I think in 1980-1981?) President Monson was the visiting apostle who would extend that release. (Back in the day when they did all of that!) He came to our house the Saturday night before Stake Conference for dinner. Sadly it was only the "adults" invited, i.e. dad and his councilors and their wives. Although we were able to meet and shake his hand before dinner. As children we would peak around the corner into the dinning room and whisper "There is Elder Monson! How cool!" After he left that evening and we helped clean up, me and my brother just older than I, took his water glass and sipped out of it, because we knew an apostle of the Lord drank from that same cup. YES I know it was silly. We were just kids. :ymblushing:
@-)

And THAT is why you weren't invited to dinner with him. We can only imagine what you kids would have done had you been in the same room as him during dinner!
=)) :o) :ymdevil:

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

Great story!

When I was younger I heard an ancient member talking about the communal sacrament cup they used when he was a kid. He said he didn't like having to drink after the bishop because he had a big, bushy mustache.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Onsdag wrote: April 4th, 2017, 10:57 pm
kittycat51 wrote: April 4th, 2017, 7:36 pm I have a funny story concerning President Monson. My father served as a Stake President for over 10 years. When it came time for him to be released, (I think in 1980-1981?) President Monson was the visiting apostle who would extend that release. (Back in the day when they did all of that!) He came to our house the Saturday night before Stake Conference for dinner. Sadly it was only the "adults" invited, i.e. dad and his councilors and their wives. Although we were able to meet and shake his hand before dinner. As children we would peak around the corner into the dinning room and whisper "There is Elder Monson! How cool!" After he left that evening and we helped clean up, me and my brother just older than I, took his water glass and sipped out of it, because we knew an apostle of the Lord drank from that same cup. YES I know it was silly. We were just kids. :ymblushing:
@-)

And THAT is why you weren't invited to dinner with him. We can only imagine what you kids would have done had you been in the same room as him during dinner!
Bully :|

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

kittycat51 wrote: April 5th, 2017, 9:32 am
@-)

Thanks. Now because you said that with a straight face I don't know whether to apologize, or laugh some more... /:)

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Onsdag wrote: April 5th, 2017, 10:04 am
kittycat51 wrote: April 5th, 2017, 9:32 am
@-)

Thanks. Now because you said that with a straight face I don't know whether to apologize, or laugh some more... /:)

I got that you were kidding her. I thought it was funny and it was funny that the kids drank from his glass.

Prayers for Pres. Monson, but I won't pray to extend his life, unless it is God's will. I don't want to keep him here if he's fulfilled his mission and I know he's tired, his health is deteriorating and I'm sure he misses his dear wife and would like to be with her again.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

He is so tired and weak. He has worked his whole life for the Church and his family. I think he was a Bishop and a Stake President in his 20's and ordained an Apostle in his 30's. He's 87 now. I think it would be selfish of me to ask for more time and energy from him than he has already given. If Heavenly Father wants him to come home now, I am going to be OK with that. I can let him go.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I just heard that President Monson has died. May he rest in peace.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Okay, hold the phone. I also just heard that the rumors President Monson has died are false, so . . . we'll see.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

He's not gone yet - he's in the Lord's hands now though...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4376324 ... -afternoon
SALT LAKE CITY — LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson continued to rest and recover in the hospital late Wednesday afternoon, despite unfounded rumors that he had died.

Eric Hawkins, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said the church was aware of the rumors, but Hawkins confirmed at 3:20 p.m. that President Monson was alive.

President Monson, 89, was hospitalized Monday night. He has received treatment and fluids, Hawkins said.

President Monson had given two short talks over the weekend at the 187th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

He has led the 15.8-million member faith for nine years.

President Monson has been "feeling the effects of advancing age" for a few years.

He was called as an apostle in 1963. The next most senior LDS apostle is President Russell M. Nelson, 92, president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. President Nelson was called in 1984.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Darn.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Col. Flagg wrote: April 5th, 2017, 5:29 pm He's not gone yet - he's in the Lord's hands now though...

SALT LAKE CITY — LDS Church President Thomas S. Monson continued to rest and recover in the hospital late Wednesday afternoon, despite unfounded rumors that he had died.

Eric Hawkins, a spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said the church was aware of the rumors, but Hawkins confirmed at 3:20 p.m. that President Monson was alive.

President Monson, 89, was hospitalized Monday night. He has received treatment and fluids, Hawkins said.

President Monson had given two short talks over the weekend at the 187th Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

President Monson has been "feeling the effects of advancing age" for a few years.

He was called as an apostle in 1963. The next most senior LDS apostle is President Russell M. Nelson, 92, president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. President Nelson was called in 1984.
I see. Apparently the news came from some anonymous internet poster's brother's nurse's husband who is a bodyguard to President Monson. A believable source, if I ever heard of one . . .

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Meili wrote: April 5th, 2017, 5:38 pm
Col. Flagg wrote: April 5th, 2017, 5:29 pm He's not gone yet - he's in the Lord's hands now though...

I see. Apparently the news came from some anonymous internet poster's brother's nurse's husband who is a bodyguard to President Monson. A believable source, if I ever heard of one . . .
Never listen to that guy. His cousin's brother is never wrong, however.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

I think that's Flagg's source, too!
Just kidding, Col.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

He hasn't looked well since his wife died. We hope for what the Lord thinks is best for him.
Last edited by Sunain on April 7th, 2017, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Meili wrote: April 5th, 2017, 5:38 pmApparently the news came from some anonymous internet poster's brother's nurse's husband who is a bodyguard to President Monson. A believable source, if I ever heard of one . . .
Serragon wrote: April 5th, 2017, 6:16 pmNever listen to that guy. His cousin's brother is never wrong, however.
=)) =))

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Serragon wrote: April 5th, 2017, 6:16 pm

Never listen to that guy. His cousin's brother is never wrong, however.
How do you know it was a guy? ;)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

:wink:

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: UPDATE: President Monson

Post by kittycat51 »

What a work horse to resume his normal schedule and duties! Wow he is truly being held up by the hand of God.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: UPDATE: President Monson

Post by Durzan »

President Monson still has things to do. He was given a promise by the Lord that his days on earth would not be fulfilled until that promise is fulfilled.