If only she had a gun

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

If only she had a gun

Post by Fiannan »

At least then these two might be warming up a slab in the morgue rather than being on the streets.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: If only she had a gun

Post by brianj »

I don't carry a gun when I take a dump. None of my guns would have helped me in this situation.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

She also needed a steel bathroom door to protect her and a phone in the bathroom to call police with.

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

Black Sweatshirt kicks open the door and then ducks in case the person inside has a gun. Still not sure, he pushes White Sweatshirt through the door to take the bullet. Some friend. :))

paulrobots
captain of 100

Post by paulrobots »

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=3 ... tId=112042

Here's 3 who weren't so lucky. The 4th, who was the planner and get away driver is being charged with 3 murders.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

paulrobots wrote: April 1st, 2017, 4:45 pm Black Sweatshirt kicks open the door and then ducks in case the person inside has a gun. Still not sure, he pushes White Sweatshirt through the door to take the bullet. Some friend. :))
Honor among thieves.
dc

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

"Guns...are not the way to deal with human conflict." --Elder Holland, GenConf 4/2017

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

h_p wrote: April 1st, 2017, 8:42 pm "Guns...are not the way to deal with human conflict." --Elder Holland, GenConf 4/2017
Knifes blunt objects and knuckles? I'm a fan of talking.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Ezra wrote: April 1st, 2017, 9:38 pm Knifes blunt objects and knuckles? I'm a fan of talking.
Most sane people are. But sometimes, your only choice is between defending yourself with deadly force, or dying like a dog in the street. In those cases, I think empty platitudes like Elder Holland's only serves to empower evil.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

h_p wrote: April 1st, 2017, 8:42 pm "Guns...are not the way to deal with human conflict." --Elder Holland, GenConf 4/2017
How should the victim have dealt with this human conflict? There was this guy called Chief Cpt Mormon...

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 1st, 2017, 10:11 pm
How should the victim have dealt with this human conflict? There was this guy called Chief Cpt Mormon...
For what it's worth, I strongly disagree with Elder Holland here. Violence (and the threat of it) has solved more human conflict than anything else in the history of the world. Some day, when the world has ascended to a terrestrial state, everybody will be able to put down their weapons, but until then, God has decreed that we have to live and survive and fight in this sewer of a world.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little cynical today, but more and more, I just feel like there's less and less of a place for me in this church.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

h_p wrote: April 1st, 2017, 10:39 pm
For what it's worth, I strongly disagree with Elder Holland here. Violence (and the threat of it) has solved more human conflict than anything else in the history of the world. Some day, when the world has ascended to a terrestrial state, everybody will be able to put down their weapons, but until then, God has decreed that we have to live and survive and fight in this sewer of a world.

Maybe I'm just feeling a little cynical today, but more and more, I just feel like there's less and less of a place for me in this church.
OK; thanks for clarifying. I thought by quoting that were saying she shouldn't be able to defend herself w/ a gun.

I'll have to go back and read the quote in context but I actually thought he was referring to using more world wide diplomacy rather than resorting to war so quickly--which I agree with. I didn't think he was referring to defending oneself.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

It was broad and generic enough for everybody to take home their own interpretation, I suppose. I'm sure you'll hear what you want to hear in it, just like my liberal friends did.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Does he have a bodyguard?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Another way to look at it is that because there were no guns that day, no one was killed during that home invasion, including the frightened woman. Nothing those intruders took was worth the loss of a man's life. What I'm trying to say is that death by firing squad may not be a just punishment for the crime of theft and intimidation.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Matchmaker wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 3:42 am

Another way to look at it is that because there were no guns that day, no one was killed during that home invasion, including the frightened woman. Nothing those intruders took was worth the loss of a man's life. What I'm trying to say is that death by firing squad may not be a just punishment for the crime of theft and intimidation.
Note that the video points out that her screams were in response to jewelry being ripped off her body. That implies the dude yanked the ear-rings out of her ears, splitting the lobes and/or sliced the back of her neck when he yanked the necklace off her. It would have been absolutely no loss to humanity if she had possessed a gun and decorated the back of the wall with his neural tissue.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Matchmaker wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 3:42 am Another way to look at it is that because there were no guns that day, no one was killed during that home invasion, including the frightened woman. Nothing those intruders took was worth the loss of a man's life. What I'm trying to say is that death by firing squad may not be a just punishment for the crime of theft and intimidation.
I don't know what the laws are like where you live, but here in Texas, invading a person's home while it's occupied justifies deadly force. I completely agree with that.

You can brush this incident off all you want, but that woman was completely at the mercy of two people who have already proven by their actions that they couldn't care less about another human being. The fact that she wasn't raped and murdered or worse just means she got very, very lucky. Most people in her situation aren't so much.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Naive [nah-eev]

having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality; unsophisticated; ingenuous.
having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous:

She's so naive she believes everything she reads. He has a very naive attitude toward politics.
having or marked by a simple, unaffectedly direct style reflecting little or no formal training or technique:
valuable naive 19th-century American portrait paintings.
not having previously been the subject of a scientific experiment, as an animal.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

h_p wrote: April 1st, 2017, 11:51 pm It was broad and generic enough for everybody to take home their own interpretation, I suppose. I'm sure you'll hear what you want to hear in it, just like my liberal friends did.
The interpretation should include the fact that at the exact time he said it there were security detail in front, behind, above and below him who were armed with guns.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

shadow wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 12:00 pm The interpretation should include the fact that at the exact time he said it there were security detail in front, behind, above and below him who were armed with guns.
If that's the definition of being pro-gun, then we don't have a single Democrat in this country who is anti-.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

h_p wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 4:27 pm
shadow wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 12:00 pm The interpretation should include the fact that at the exact time he said it there were security detail in front, behind, above and below him who were armed with guns.
If that's the definition of being pro-gun, then we don't have a single Democrat in this country who is anti-.
Yes, which makes them all hypocrites. I remember my libtard friends on Facebook get joyous when Obama would stand and decry guns. Then I'd point out that he's not only being protected by gunmen all around him but he most likely is carrying one himself.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Fiannan wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 4:07 am

Note that the video points out that her screams were in response to jewelry being ripped off her body. That implies the dude yanked the ear-rings out of her ears, splitting the lobes and/or sliced the back of her neck when he yanked the necklace off her. It would have been absolutely no loss to humanity if she had possessed a gun and decorated the back of the wall with his neural tissue.
Yikes!

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

h_p wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 4:27 pm

Most of the dumbocrats that you have heard harp and whine in their idiocy about guns ARE NOT against guns. They are only AGAINST YOU having a gun.
Double standard. Hypocrisy. In a pure and unadulterated form.
dc

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

h_p wrote: April 1st, 2017, 10:39 pm For what it's worth, I strongly disagree with Elder Holland here. Violence (and the threat of it) has solved more human conflict than anything else in the history of the world. Some day, when the world has ascended to a terrestrial state, everybody will be able to put down their weapons, but until then, God has decreed that we have to live and survive and fight in this sewer of a world.

You won't have to wait that long. We're told that when the City of Zion is established it will be the only place where people don't have to worry about armed self defense. I can't say this with certainty, but I understand that other cities like Zion will be established and I believe that people will be safe in those cities as well.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Matchmaker wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 3:42 am Another way to look at it is that because there were no guns that day, no one was killed during that home invasion, including the frightened woman. Nothing those intruders took was worth the loss of a man's life. What I'm trying to say is that death by firing squad may not be a just punishment for the crime of theft and intimidation.
To accept what you are saying requires anybody in this woman's position to be able to somehow divine the thoughts and intentions of the violent home invaders. If somebody breaks into your home you are welcome to try to determine if they are just being intimidating or if they are really going to hurt you. As for me, I will act to protect myself and others in the home based on the fact that my home has been invaded by potentially violent people.