Trump Already Delivered

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
eddie
captain of 1,000

Trump Already Delivered

Post by eddie »

Trump has already delivered: Glenn Reynolds
Glenn Harlan Reynolds Published 3:43 p.m. ET Jan. 19, 2017 | Updated 4:43 p.m. ET Jan. 19, 2017
The almost president is exceeding my (modest) expectations.

So the Trump presidency begins Friday at noon, and though plenty of people have been happy to offer predictions, nobody really knows how it will go. (If it’s like pretty much every other presidency in my lifetime, the answer is “disappointingly.”) But Trump’s transition — his “pre-presidency” — is just about over now, so let’s see how that’s gone, and if that offers us any guidance on how things might go in the future.

And, actually, Trump has accomplished some stuff. So far, in his pre-presidency, Trump has:

(1) Killed off dynastic politics, at least for now. If Hillary had won, 4 of the last 5 presidents would have come from two families. Before the election got underway, when everybody thought it would wind up as Clinton v. Bush, some of my friends from less developed countries were making fun of the United States trading the top slot between two connected families, as something less than an example of developed democracy. And they were right. That’s not healthy.
(2) Kept Hillary out of the White House. With the Clinton Global Initiative scam — shut down as soon as there was no influence left to peddle — she was amazingly crooked even by D.C. standards, and with her disastrous record in Libya and Syria, amazingly inept even by D.C. standards as well. Countless future debacles have been prevented by keeping her out. Plus, a Clinton presidency would have allowed the completion of the Obama administration’s weaponization of the federal government (as with the multiyear IRS scandal) and possibly ensured one-party rule for decades. And at the very least, it would have allowed the sorry gang that Obama and Clinton brought in (go read the Podesta emails!) to bore in for four to eight more years. A Hillary presidency would have been terrible for the country, and it has been averted. (Likewise — see above — a Jeb presidency, which would have been less crooked, but probably no less inept, to judge from Jeb’s hapless campaign).
SPONSORED BY CHASE UNITED
Breaking down South Carolina's March Madness run
Frankly, those two things alone were perfectly decent reasons for backing Trump, and he’s already delivered on them. But what else has he done, for good and ill?

(3) Bringing jobs back. From the Carrier deal to the just announced decision by Wal-Mart to create 10,000 jobs in the United States, Trump has done what Obama said was impossible in terms of keeping jobs in the United States. Most of this, it’s true, is symbolic. But as FDR knew, symbolism is important in maintaining morale during tough economic times. And Trump promises that he’ll push changes that will encourage other companies to do the same for solid tax and investment reasons, not just because of presidential jawboning. These early examples make that more likely to happen.
(4) The appointments. The appointment of retired Marine general James Mattis as secretary of Defense all by itself represents a major step toward turning our military back into warriors, as opposed to the social justice warriors they were being turned into under the Obama administration. Mattis, of course, has gotten bipartisan support, but many other appointments also look good. I originally thought (and said) that Rex Tillerson was a bad pick for secretary of State, but hearing him talk since then I feel pretty good about it. Sessions wouldn’t have been my first choice for attorney general (I don’t like his record on the drug war or civil forfeiture), but otherwise he’s a solid guy and even many of the Democrats attacking him now were happy to work with him over decades in the Senate.
POLICING THE USA: A look at race, justice, media

The truth about Obama's approval rating: Paul Brandus
(5) The process. Right after the election, we heard that the Trump transition was chaotic, conflicted, a mess. Then the actual transition came and it was . . . pretty smooth. As Robert Charles wrote about the various cabinet nominees, “The nominees are not newbies. Nor are they misaligned with their assigned missions. They are seasoned professionals. And they are acting that way. They are proving candid and deep, sensible, at times even sage. They know the ropes, their fields, the challenges that lie ahead of them — and respect Congress. . . . Since the president-elect designated his future cabinet, nominees have conducted more than 300 meetings with Senators and staff, met with 87 of the 100 Senators, including 50 Republican Senators and 37 Democrats. “
The press likes to portray Trump as an impulsive goofball. But that’s not what we’re seeing here.

(6) The press. As Politico’s Jack Shafer pretty much admits, the White House Press Corps has been asleep for eight years, serving more as lapdog than watchdog under Obama. Now, just as I predicted, they’re starting to cover the presidency critically again. That didn’t happen under Obama, and it probably wouldn’t have happened under Hillary. But under Trump, the press will be making investigative journalism great again!

Whether Trump can match these accomplishments once he’s actually in office, I don’t know. It may be that he’s peaked already. But he’s already outperformed my (admittedly modest) expectations. I hope he’ll keep doing that in the four (or eight) years to come.

Glenn Harlan Reynolds, a University of Tennessee law professor and the author of The New School: How the Information Age Will Save American Education from Itself, is a member of USA TODAY's Board of Contributors.

— Ronna RomneyMcDaniel (@GOPChairwoman) February 16, 2017
Last edited by eddie on April 28th, 2017, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Re: Trump Already Delivered

Post by eddie »

POSTED ON MARCH 30, 2017 BY JOHN HINDERAKER IN TRUMP ADMNINISTRATION
TRUMP ADMINISTRATION IS QUIETLY DOING GOOD THINGS
Pretty much everyone on the right has praised President Trump’s appointments, and what we have seen of his spending proposals looks good, too. Here in Minnesota, we are seeing a good example of the difference between the Trump administration and the Hillary administration we avoided. The subject is light rail transit.

Briefly, the powers that be have been trying to jam light rail transit down our throats for years. The cost is in the billions, and the trains hardly carry any riders, operating at huge losses. The latest proposed line is called Southwest Light Rail Transit (SWLRT). If it comes into being, it will only be because of nearly a billion dollars in federal funding, without which the project would be a non-starter. Which would be a good thing, since fixed rail transit is an obsolete technology that does nothing to relieve the Twin Cities’ highway congestion problems.

Just about everyone had given up, and was resigned to the idea that the SWLRT project would go forward. My organization, however, has continued to fight it, and it looks now as though our efforts may be successful. Tom Steward reports:

The Met Council always expected the Southwest Light Rail Transit line to be on the short list in Washington—the short list for $895 million in federal funding for construction. Instead, the controversial $1.9 billion project has suddenly popped up on a different list of transit projects that the Washington Post warns “could be out of luck under the Trump Budget.”

President Trump’s budget proposal zeroes out the New Starts program that funds light rail transit projects like SWLRT. “Future investments in new transit projects would be funded by the localities that use and benefit from these localized projects,” according to the budget blueprint.

What a radical idea!

As a result, a project that once seemed all but inevitable suddenly appears vulnerable, even to the rail line’s staunchest proponents at the Met Council.
The opening has led both state and federal elected officials to contact U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao to support the administration’s proposal to defund the New Starts program and SWLRT by extension.

“For years Congress has funded DOT programs like New Starts and, unfortunately, these funds have sometimes gone to projects with little merit,” Rep. Jason Lewis, R-Minn., wrote in a March 24 letter to Chao. “One such project was the Southwest Light Rail Transit (SWLRT) system in Minneapolis, MN.”

Chao also received a lengthy letter signed by 84 Republican Minnesota state legislators, blasting the Met Council for attempting to ram the controversial line through without broad public support.

Incredibly, the SWLRT project was slated to go through without ever having been authorized by the state’s legislature, and without any appropriation of state funds.

This is, in considerable part, why we elect Republicans: to kill foolish, money-wasting projects. Newspaper headlines, of course, are consumed with other matters. But quietly, under the radar, there are no doubt many similar examples of improved governance coming from the administration.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

No matter how much the media, Democrats and GOP establishment tries to take down Trump, they will not succeed. The people are on his side!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Rubbish, as usual, from the Trump-boy eddie.

Mattis? A warmonger who is already killing innocents. Since murder is pretty high up on the sin scale, I won't bother to destroy the rest of the nonsense above. That should be sufficient.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: March 31st, 2017, 12:20 pm Rubbish, as usual, from the Trump-boy eddie.

Mattis? A warmonger who is already killing innocents. Since murder is pretty high up on the sin scale, I won't bother to destroy the rest of the nonsense above. That should be sufficient.
Why don't you grow up and stop whining! You are no different than the rest of the crybabies who won't give Trump a chance, a real testament to who you are. I'm happy to be a Trump boy rather than a Benedict Arnold like yourself. This forum is for everyone to express their opinion, you have called me several names to date, attend to task Silver. Is someone else's opinion that threatening to you?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

eddie wrote: March 31st, 2017, 12:31 pm
Silver wrote: March 31st, 2017, 12:20 pm Rubbish, as usual, from the Trump-boy eddie.

Why don't you grow up and stop whining! You are no different than the rest of the crybabies who won't give Trump a chance, a real testament to who you are. I'm happy to be a Trump boy rather than a Benedict Arnold like yourself. This forum is for everyone to express their opinion, you have called me several names to date, attend to task Silver. Is someone else's opinion that threatening to you?

I"ve been more than willing to give Pres. Trump a chance. But I'm very concerned that he's surrounded himself with progressives like Priebus and Ryan, and he's listening to Populists like Bannon. I'm incensed that he's attacking Conservatives in the Freedom Caucus, when they are the ones trying to look out for the best interests of the American People. I'm not happy that he's decided to work with Democrats, because he thinks that's the way to 'get things done'. We don't want him to just get things done, we want him to make good on the promises he made to 'drain the swamp'--not decide to live in it!

If you Trump supporters were more vigilant you'd be more vocal to keep the President on track instead of just fawning over everything he does and refusing to hold him accountable when he doesn't follow through. What about that wall he promised? I'm not sure there's going to be any funding for it in the new budget this year. The Healthcare was a disaster--He was supposed to repeal Obamacare, not try to take it over. He NOT supposed to adopt the establishment Republican ways and make them his allies and cozy up to the Democrats, he was supposed to 'drain the swamp' that is Washington DC!!

Trump's voters should be reminding him that he made promises to them and they expect to see results, but if you all just let him do as he pleases, with no criticism, he's going to do just that and fall back into his old progressive/liberal ways.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

AI2.0 wrote: March 31st, 2017, 2:38 pm . . . . . I"ve been more than willing to give Pres. Trump a chance. But I'm very concerned that he's surrounded himself with progressives like Priebus and Ryan, and he's listening to Populists like Bannon. I'm incensed that he's attacking Conservatives in the Freedom Caucus, when they are the ones trying to look out for the best interests of the American People. I'm not happy that he's decided to work with Democrats, because he thinks that's the way to 'get things done'. We don't want him to just get things done, we want him to make good on the promises he made to 'drain the swamp'--not decide to live in it!

If you Trump supporters were more vigilant you'd be more vocal to keep the President on track instead of just fawning over everything he does and refusing to hold him accountable when he doesn't follow through. What about that wall he promised? I'm not sure there's going to be any funding for it in the new budget this year. The Healthcare was a disaster--He was supposed to repeal Obamacare, not try to take it over. He NOT supposed to adopt the establishment Republican ways and make them his allies and cozy up to the Democrats, he was supposed to 'drain the swamp' that is Washington DC!!

Trump's voters should be reminding him that he made promises to them and they expect to see results, but if you all just let him do as he pleases, with no criticism, he's going to do just that and fall back into his old progressive/liberal ways.
Ryan came with the package. Not much Trump could do to avoid dealing him. Steve Bannon? I rather like the guy myself.

The health care bill is a toughy. He’s got to close the gap between the ideal (in terms of cost and individual freedom and choice) and the support he can garner for it; and has to keep in mind keeping those already enmeshed with Obama Care afloat.

I’m going to suggest that your comment about Trump supporters being more vigilant and vocal in keeping the President “on track instead of just fawning over everything he does and refusing to hold him accountable when he doesn’t follow through”, etc., is a tad presumptuous.

You would have to know what any percentage of his followers and even those close enough to him to claim direct access, have actually done to voice disappointment over some of his stances and actions, or those of his cabinet.

And Trump and members of his cabinet have backed off earlier policies that irk his supporters, indicating they are being listened to. A recent example, Tillerson has backed off of the Obama policy of aiming to oust Assad of Syria. This had been in place well before Obama, if General Wesley Clark is to be believed. And Tillerson’s stance is in keeping with Trump’s pledge to let sovereign nations determine their own destiny. The main objection I still have with Trump is not consulting w/Assad before moving against ISIS.

Another fairly recent change was Trump backing off his stance on torture.

Alex Jones, who is probably the most vociferous supporter of Trump, very often mentions items that disappoint him regarding Trump and Cabinet actions/policies. And by all accounts, Alex is someone who has Trump’s ear.

If Trump is able to really head off the globalist agenda and re-establish 'nationalism' in the good sense, I'll be tickled pink, as I am w/Nigel Farage in getting GB out of the EU. Wonderful stuff.

It continually amazes me that the 'never' or 'barely' Trumpers here, don't quite seem to get this. Hillary would have driven the nail into the coffin of the US Republic, which would have precluded re-establishing any semblance of Constitutional (other than in-name only), Conservative and certainly libertarian ideals. In just getting this most important controversy out in the public domain, Trump has done us an inestimable favor.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

The difference is quite clear if you want to see it. I would gladly remove your blinders if you just wouldn't hold on to them so tightly.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

If I only had a nickel for every time a Trump defender wrote, "Yeah, but, but, he's better than Hillary and stuff."

Trump has CFR, NWO, Goldman and warmongers falling out of every orifice on his body. He can't be better when his policies will be the same.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: March 31st, 2017, 9:29 pm If I only had a nickel for every time a Trump defender wrote, "Yeah, but, but, he's better than Hillary and stuff."

Trump has CFR, NWO, Goldman and warmongers falling out of every orifice on his body. He can't be better when his policies will be the same.
Good grief. The black-and-white, either-or mentality raises its head once again. And the 'blinder's comment works the other way, which hints at falling victim once again to 'projection', as well.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote: March 31st, 2017, 9:33 pm
Silver wrote: March 31st, 2017, 9:29 pm If I only had a nickel for every time a Trump defender wrote, "Yeah, but, but, he's better than Hillary and stuff."

Good grief. The black-and-white, either-or mentality raises its head once again. And the 'blinder's comment works the other way, which hints at falling victim once again to 'projection', as well.
Good grief, you won't even accept that your boy has an administration chock-full of NWO. Tell me who has the blinders on.

Has Trump appointed/nominated a bunch of CFR/Goldman Sachs associates or not? You know he has. That's traitorous.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

AI2.0 wrote: March 31st, 2017, 2:38 pm

I"ve been more than willing to give Pres. Trump a chance. I must have missed all the chances you've given him, but of course President Trump has only been in office for 3 months, rather ironic, don't you think? Could you please refresh us on all the chances's? But I'm very concerned that he's surrounded himself with progressives like Priebus and Ryan, and he's listening to Populists like Bannon. I'm incensed that he's attacking Conservatives in the Freedom Caucus, when they are the ones trying to look out for the best interests of the American People. I'm not happy that he's decided to work with Democrats, because he thinks that's the way to 'get things done'. We don't want him to just get things done, we want him to make good on the promises he made to 'drain the swamp'--not decide to live in it! A little impatient, almost hyper vigilant if you will, is that your idea of giving a chance, sorry, is seems un-reasonable.

If you Trump supporters were more vigilant you'd be more vocal to keep the President on track instead of just fawning over everything he does and refusing to hold him accountable when he doesn't follow through. Fawning? He's the president, There is no other option. Perhaps the disruption is a good thing.Trump’s 3 months in office have been amazing, but lets keep bashing him, negativity is a bad habit, something the natural man indulges in. Is 3 months a fair evaluation, they way you judge is the way you will be judged, food for thought. What about that wall he promised? Once again, do you ignorantly think he can build this wall in 3 months? My perspective is that is not reasonable. I'm not sure there's going to be any funding for it in the new budget this year. What about the deficit being lowered by 12 billion dollars? Why don't you acknowledge that? Because it doesn't pertain to the negative agenda we see going here? The Healthcare was a disaster--He was supposed to repeal Obamacare, not try to take it over. He NOT supposed to adopt the establishment Republican ways and make them his allies and cozy up to the Democrats, he was supposed to 'drain the swamp' that is Washington DC!!

Trump's voters should be reminding him that he made promises to them and they expect to see results, but if you all just let him do as he pleases, with no criticism, he's going to do just that and fall back into his old progressive/liberal ways. Trump supporters don't need that advice, because he is doing what pleases us, we knew the alternative was evil, and choose to elect and support the current President of the United
States, God Bless America!

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: March 31st, 2017, 9:26 pm

The difference is quite clear if you want to see it. I would gladly remove your blinders if you just wouldn't hold on to them so tightly.
I will happily put you in a harness, you need guidance. Perhaps reigning in the negativity would be helpful. In a parade of negativity we will always need a pooper scooper, a big shovel to clean up with.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie post wrote:Trump supporters don't need that advice, because he is doing what pleases us...
It's these kind of statements that need exploring... Does it please you that:
1. he has appointed so many Goldman Sachs officials to his administration?
2. and CFR as well?
3. as commander-in-chief he is droning at a rate in excess of Obama?
4. innocent civilians are dying due to his orders?
5. if you look up the word "nepotism" in the dictionary there's a picture of Trump next to the definition?
6. he's attacking the few remaining constitutionalists in Congress?

If all that pleases you, then you and I have a different opinion of what it means to be a true American and you are at odds with what the latter-day prophets have taught.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

eddie wrote: March 31st, 2017, 10:03 pm

I will happily put you in a harness, you need guidance. Perhaps reigning in the negativity would be helpful. In a parade of negativity we will always need a pooper scooper, a big shovel to clean up with.
It's not negativity when it's true.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: March 31st, 2017, 10:12 pm
eddie wrote: March 31st, 2017, 10:03 pm

It's not negativity when it's true.
It is negativity because its not giving the man a chance. When a person doesn't know truth from error, he has been deceived.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

He seems to have influenced Tillerson to get off the track of wanting to 'off' Assad. Let's see what he's able to get the CFR/Goldman guys to do. If they buck his pro-Nationallist stance significantly, or his budge cuts for control-type organizations and agencies, let's see what he does with them.

Are you privy to how many of these Sach's fellows simply worked for the company sometime in the past, or did he hire them directly from Goldman Sachs? People do change.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: March 31st, 2017, 9:44 pm
larsenb wrote: March 31st, 2017, 9:33 pm

Good grief, you won't even accept that your boy has an administration chock-full of NWO. Tell me who has the blinders on.

Has Trump appointed/nominated a bunch of CFR/Goldman Sachs associates or not? You know he has. That's traitorous.
Too many assumptions here. Having worked w/Goldman Sachs or even being a member of the CFR, doesn't mean that the individuals are in line with the higher-level aims of these organizations. I would guess the CFR invites membership and vets those they later bring up into the governing circles

Many times, you don't really learn what an organization/company is like until you work for them or join them. Our own Wayne Owens was a member of the CFR, but probably blackmailed to do what he did in Israel before he was murdered.

Maybe you should look into how many of those who had previous Goldman Sachs employment were hired directly out of the company.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: March 31st, 2017, 10:10 pm
eddie post wrote:Trump supporters don't need that advice, because he is doing what pleases us...
2. and CFR as well?
5. if you look up the word "nepotism" in the dictionary there's a picture of Trump next to the definition?

If all that pleases you, then you and I have a different opinion of what it means to be a true American and you are at odds with what the latter-day prophets have taught.
Nepotism is not a bad thing, he trusts his family and relies on them. If you don't believe in family then you are at odds with the Latter-Day Prophets.
Time to re-evaluate. :-w

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

2. and CFR as well?

We'll see how it goes. If Trump truly gives up his nationalist stance and actions and aligns himself with NWO objectives across the board, you will have proved your point. He'll certainly be a one-term president with all his supporters deserting him, and many of these might join in on supporting his impeachment . . . just not on the Russian-controlled, false narrative.

This could really be a good thing . . . . leaving his supporters no place to go, except to start a 3rd Party, a la Mosiah Hancock.
Last edited by larsenb on March 31st, 2017, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

eddie wrote: March 31st, 2017, 10:37 pm
2. and CFR as well?

Nepotism is not a bad thing, he trusts his family and relies on them. If you don't believe in family then you are at odds with the Latter-Day Prophets.
Having Ivanka as an advisor in the White House really isn't nepotism, if she's not collecting a salary, which she has declined. Heck, wasn't Hillary acting as Clinton's advisor during his Presidency; and visa-versa, with Bill hanging out in the wings when she was Secy. of State.

A non-argument.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

2. and CFR as well?

eddie, put your hands in the air and move away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself, son. Nepotism is, by definition, bad.

It's also quite telling that you only comment on the relatively minor issue of nepotism while conveniently ignoring the weightier matters.

Larsen, Trump is showing favoritism to his daughter and son-in-law. Advantages will be afforded them due to their positions and a salary is not necessary for them to gain wealth. The revolving door between government and industry is already to accommodating.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Silver wrote: March 31st, 2017, 10:55 pm
2. and CFR as well?

eddie, put your hands in the air and move away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself, son. Nepotism is, by definition, bad.

It's also quite telling that you only comment on the relatively minor issue of nepotism while conveniently ignoring the weightier matters.

Larsen, Trump is showing favoritism to his daughter and son-in-law. Advantages will be afforded them due to their positions and a salary is not necessary for them to gain wealth. The revolving door between government and industry is already to accommodating.
I only have one hand in the air, :))

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: March 31st, 2017, 10:55 pm . . . . eddie, put your hands in the air and move away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself, son. Nepotism is, by definition, bad.

The Wikipedia article on Jared Kushner ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Kushner ) says:
Kushner's appointment was questioned on the basis of a 1967 anti-nepotism law. On January 20, 2017 the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel issued an opinion stating "the President may appoint relatives to his immediate staff of advisors."
Of course, you're going to see this issue in a negative light. I would expect nothing else of you.

My own view is that keeping Jared on in an advisorial capacity, along with Ivanka, is a smart move. Jared has the coup under his belt of being largely responsible for getting Trump elected, by implementing a computer methodology applied in a heuristic way to an election. One of the benefits of this method was to keep the costs of the election down. A good guy to have on your team.

And don't forget, he will probably take an incredible hit on his regular income, if he's even being paid for his service to the administration. And in their cases, the revolving door has them coming into government from industry, not the other way around. Furthermore, Ivanka will probably go back to working for 'Trump Enterprises' and Jared will go back to real estate development, not as advisors or lobbyists to some other company.

Besides, Trump put at least a 5 year moratorium on Executive Branch employees from acting as lobbyists/consultants.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

hmmmmm...not too bad.

* The DOW daily closing stock market average rose more than 15% since the election on November 8th. (On November 9th the DOW closed at 18,332 – on March 1st the DOW closed at 21,115).
* Since the Inauguration on January 20th the DOW rose 6.5%. (It was at 19,827 at January 20th and reached 21,115 on March 1st.)
* The DOW took just 66 days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever. The DOW closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd and closed above 21,000 on March 1st.
* The DOW closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the DOW at 24 days.
* The US Stock Market gained $2 trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!
* The S&P 500 broke $20 Trillion for the first time in its history.
* In the history of the DOW, going back to January 1901, the DOW record for most continuous closing high trading days was set in January of 1987 when Ronald Reagan was President. The DOW set closing highs an amazing 12 times in a row that month. On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan when the DOW reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!

President Trump decreased the US Debt in his first 100 days by $100 Billion. (President Obama increased the US debt in his first 100 days by more than $560 Billion.)

The US Manufacturing Index soared to a 33 year high in this period which were the best numbers since 1983 under President Reagan.

President Trump added 298,000 jobs in his first month alone (after President Obama said jobs were not coming back!).

Housing sales are red-hot. In 2011, houses for sale were on the market an average 84 days. This year, it’s just 45 days.

Illegal immigration is down 67% since President Trump’s Inauguration.

NATO announced Allied spending is up $10 Billion because of President Trump.

After being nominated by President Trump, Constitutionalist Judge Neil Gorsuch was confirmed and sworn in as Supreme Court Justice in early April.

The President has signed 66 executive orders, memoranda and proclamations as of April 19th, including:

* Notifying Congress of a strike on Syria after it was reported that the country used gas on its citizens.
* Dismantling Obama’s climate change initiatives.
* Travel bans for individuals from a select number of countries embroiled in terrorist autrocities.
* Enforcing regulatory reform.
* Protecting Law enforcement.
* Mandating for every new regulation to eliminate two.
* Defeating ISIS.
* Rebuilding the military.
* Building a border wall.
* Cutting funding for sanctuary cities.
* Approving pipelines.
* Reducing regulations on manufacturers.
* Placing a hiring freeze on federal employees.
* Exiting the US from the TPP.

In addition to all this, the President has met with many foreign leaders from across the globe including Xi from China, Abe from Japan, etc.