Columnist wants to make it illegal for moms to stay at home

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Columnist wants to make it illegal for moms to stay at home

Post by Matchmaker »

Is she also implying it should be "illegal" for a woman to have more than 1 child, since the second, third, or fourth child would keep the woman out of the workforce a lot longer than the initial few years it took to get the first child ready for preschool?

I'm so angry after reading what that woman said that I could just spit!

How dare she think that her perceived needs of our "economy" allow her or anyone else to take away our God-given right to choose how we women spend our time? It sounds to me like full-blown Communist propaganda from the 50's!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

This is how it starts...

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

She must not have kids of her own. If she does I feel sorry for them.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

She assumes, rather boldly, that everyone with children is in a relationship. When the economy is driven by dual income households, there's no opportunity for economic mobility for single moms and dads. (Not to mention those of us who choose single income).
I often find it's single moms who are sacrificed most on the altar of feminism.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

It would probably be better if it was made illegal for this woman to work as a columnist.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Well, it seems we are no longer allowed to have natural affection. This article shows that mothers should have no feelings of love toward their babies. The more we kill our emotional tendencies in our culture, the more I am convinced that our emotional welfare is the most important part of our being.

Research into how the brain develops has proven that if a baby is not nurtured, cooed at, fed, and held, its brain will not develop. We have our agency and we can overcome the negative effects of our childhood, and people who think that money and work is everything need to embark on their own journey to find out where their own emotional body died.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Robin Hood wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 11:54 am It would probably be better if it was made illegal for this woman to work as a columnist.
=))

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

If we are going to make it illegal for women not to work, we'd better make sure it's also illegal for men not to work. Starting at age 18, all adults who do not have children between the ages of 0-5 should be required by law to work. One adult in a household that has children between 0-5 can opt out of working. Anyone refusing to comply to this law can be fined or if they refuse to pay the fines then we can put them in jail where they can find gainful employment opportunities aplenty. Of course, since the government is compassionate, we'd also better set up a better government workforce system that can more adequately determine the best jobs for individuals and find them places to work. We will also have to create more government jobs just in case the private sector can't keep up with the pace of all the new workers. We should also place some limitations on how many children women can have so we don't have them getting pregnant just to avoid having to work. We don't want to follow China's mistakes so we should aim for the replacement value of 2.1 births per woman. Twins and triplets, etc., can perhaps make up for the 0.1 gap in births, or women can apply to have a government-approved third child. Of course, a new government office will be created for that purpose as well who can track the extra births to make sure that the birth rate is staying within the acceptable limit. Public education will be mandated as well, so that parents don't have to take on the extra burden of paying child care costs in order to comply with the law. There are a few other details that will be covered in about 2,489 pages of legal code as well, just to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed.

Yeah, that should fix the problem.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Robin Hood wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 11:54 am It would probably be better if it was made illegal for this woman to work as a columnist.
:ymapplause:

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

The left are the hate mongers, not the right.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

She is speaking against the well set idea in Australia that the ideal Australian family is a mother, father and three children. Or as the saying goes one for mother one for father and one for the country. It no wonder the article got a hostile reaction down under.

DRC53
captain of 100

Post by DRC53 »

She also assumes that an employed woman has more of an economic impact than a stay at home mom with children. A friend of mine posted this on Facebook ...

"Wow! How unfortunate that she has such an ignorant opinion on the best role a woman can have in life. I would really like to know her life story to try to better understand her opinion. Being a mother has taught me more than my college education and any career I held. Mothers stimulate the economy by being available during the day to take their children to businesses, parks, etc. Mothers are available to serve in their communities to improve them during work hours. Some mothers such as myself set goals and sacrificed their own time and finances to be available to educate their own children as well as shape their characters to be outstanding contributors to the world in the future. What a pathetic stance."

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Meili wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 1:15 pm If we are going to make it illegal for women not to work, we'd better make sure it's also illegal for men not to work....There are a few other details that will be covered in about 2,489 pages of legal code as well, just to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed.

Thank you, make that 24,890 pages of legal code.

It is time to take our freedoms back. The camel is kicking me out of my own tent.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Yahtzee wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 11:38 am She assumes, rather boldly, that everyone with children is in a relationship. When the economy is driven by dual income households, there's no opportunity for economic mobility for single moms and dads. (Not to mention those of us who choose single income).
I'm going to have to disagree with you. The ones who sacrificed the most are the women who will never be able to have a man in their life. The women who decide that appearance doesn't matter to men and become land whales, the women who sleep around and have fun until their mid 30s only to find almost no single men are interested in 35 year old women carrying the emotional baggage of dozens or hundreds of sexual partners, and the women who have been convinced that only the men who are attractive and have high incomes are worthy of their affection but discover that there are very few of those men in the world.

Single mothers sacrifice a great deal because of feminism but women who will never have the opportunity to have a family suffer far more.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

brianj wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 9:20 pm
Yahtzee wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 11:38 am She assumes, rather boldly, that everyone with children is in a relationship. When the economy is driven by dual income households, there's no opportunity for economic mobility for single moms and dads. (Not to mention those of us who choose single income).
I'm going to have to disagree with you. The ones who sacrificed the most are the women who will never be able to have a man in their life. The women who decide that appearance doesn't matter to men and become land whales, the women who sleep around and have fun until their mid 30s only to find almost no single men are interested in 35 year old women carrying the emotional baggage of dozens or hundreds of sexual partners, and the women who have been convinced that only the men who are attractive and have high incomes are worthy of their affection but discover that there are very few of those men in the world.

Single mothers sacrifice a great deal because of feminism but women who will never have the opportunity to have a family suffer far more.
I don't disagree that they will suffer more. I just find that feminists rarely stick up for single moms (or moms in general, but that isn't my point). I meant sacrifice as in "throw them under the bus."

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Juliet wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 8:34 pm
Meili wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 1:15 pm If we are going to make it illegal for women not to work, we'd better make sure it's also illegal for men not to work....There are a few other details that will be covered in about 2,489 pages of legal code as well, just to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed.

Thank you, make that 24,890 pages of legal code.

It is time to take our freedoms back. The camel is kicking me out of my own tent.
You have a tent?!

Have you paid your taxes on it? What about right to pitch fees? And the fees for the scenic views you get as a tent dweller? And don't forget the taxes on the greenhouse fumes your camel is producing...

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I decided your post merited more than a mere "thanks" - More like =)) Good job.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

:)) :)) :ymdevil:
Meili wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 1:15 pm If we are going to make it illegal for women not to work, we'd better make sure it's also illegal for men not to work. Starting at age 18, all adults who do not have children between the ages of 0-5 should be required by law to work. One adult in a household that has children between 0-5 can opt out of working. Anyone refusing to comply to this law can be fined or if they refuse to pay the fines then we can put them in jail where they can find gainful employment opportunities aplenty. Of course, since the government is compassionate, we'd also better set up a better government workforce system that can more adequately determine the best jobs for individuals and find them places to work. We will also have to create more government jobs just in case the private sector can't keep up with the pace of all the new workers. We should also place some limitations on how many children women can have so we don't have them getting pregnant just to avoid having to work. We don't want to follow China's mistakes so we should aim for the replacement value of 2.1 births per woman. Twins and triplets, etc., can perhaps make up for the 0.1 gap in births, or women can apply to have a government-approved third child. Of course, a new government office will be created for that purpose as well who can track the extra births to make sure that the birth rate is staying within the acceptable limit. Public education will be mandated as well, so that parents don't have to take on the extra burden of paying child care costs in order to comply with the law. There are a few other details that will be covered in about 2,489 pages of legal code as well, just to make sure all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Meili wrote: March 24th, 2017, 6:14 am
Juliet wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 8:34 pm Thank you, make that 24,890 pages of legal code.

You have a tent?!

Have you paid your taxes on it? What about right to pitch fees? And the fees for the scenic views you get as a tent dweller? And don't forget the taxes on the greenhouse fumes your camel is producing...
:)) :))