Breaking News: Terrorist attack in London

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Breaking News: Terrorist attack in London

Post by Robin Hood »

BBC are reporting a terrorist attack close to the palace of Westminster.
One woman dead, 40-50 injures (some with life changing injuries), one police officer stabbed.
Terrorist shot dead.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Breaking News: Terrorist attack in London

Post by Fiannan »

Wonder what the motive was? Here is the suspect:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... t-10077486

Again, no idea what may have motivated him.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

It appears initial reports the suspect was shot dead are incorrect.
It seems he was shot, but is still alive.

Now he can languish in prison for the rest of his life instead of earning a "glorious martyrs" death.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Copied from the Mirror:
The bearded man was wheeled into an ambulance naked with bandaging around his waste.

I know the press is in a hurry to report breaking news, but what employee there does not know the difference between waist/waste?????

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Lizzy60 wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 11:54 am Copied from the Mirror:
The bearded man was wheeled into an ambulance naked with bandaging around his waste.

I know the press is in a hurry to report breaking news, but what employee there does not know the difference between waist/waste?????
I think they got it right- he's a waste.
I hope they feed him pureed pork chops when he starts feeling better.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

shadow wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 12:00 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 11:54 am Copied from the Mirror:

I think they got it right- he's a waste.
I hope they feed him pureed pork chops when he starts feeling better.
And put him in a cell with a muscular 300 pound lonely guy.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

BBC now reporting two dead, including one police officer.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I just read another report that said 4 dead, and that they are looking for a second suspect. Witnesses said there were two men in the truck that mowed people down.

The Daily Mail, updated about 10 minutes ago, says 4 dead, and that includes the terrorist.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I have heard two versions.

1- Two suspects with coordinated attacks in separate locations.
2- One suspect who continued advancing his attack.

Sometimes I wonder how long people will endure so much violence. How long will the creator? Does anyone else grow weary of the struggle for power?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

tribrac wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 1:07 pm I have heard two versions.

Sometimes I wonder how long people will endure so much violence. How long will the creator? Does anyone else grow weary of the struggle for power?
He put up with the empire on which the sun never set for quite a while...

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

There's so much money to be made from war.

No doubt there will be a response for today and some war contractor will profit.

it is a profitable cycle.

I suppose someone somewhere is cheering when acts of violence happen.
Isil supporters cheer Westminster attack as 'revenge' for British air strikes on Syria

Isil supporters have cheered the attack on Westminster, suggesting it was “revenge” for the UK’s airstrikes on the terror group in Syria and Iraq.

Followers on pro-Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant channels on the social media service Telegram posted messages applauding the knife-wielding suspect and called the attack “blessed”.

One said the UK was paying “blood for blood” for its involvement in the US-led coalition’s campaign against the jihadists.

“Our battle on your land is only just beginning,” read one poster next to a photoshopped image of Big Ben being blown up.

At the time of writing, however, there was no official claim of responsibility. Attacks organised and inspired by Isil are usually not claimed within the first 24 hours.

Motivations of the attacker are not yet known, but the use of a vehicle as well as a knife are consistent with instructions for attacks issued by Isil and are similar to the group’s attack on a Christmas market in Berlin and in Nice, which left more than 80 dead.

Abu Mohammad al-Adnani, the late Isil spokesman, instructed European followers to carry out attacks at home in an audio message released after the declaration of its so-called caliphate.

"If you are not able to find an IED or a bullet, then single out the disbelieving American, Frenchman, or any of their allies. Smash his head with a rock, or slaughter him with a knife, or run him over with your car,” he said.

Isil has been explicitly threatening attacks on Britain for the last 18 months.

At end of a propaganda video claiming the Paris attacks in November 2015, Isil singled out the UK as its next target.

The UK is second only to France in the number of fighters it has sent from Europe to Syria and Iraq. But until now Britain has been spared the deadly attacks seen by countries like France, Belgium and Germany.

Harry Sarfo, a German Isil fighter educated in England who is serving a sentence for terror offences, said the jihadists had trouble recruiting people for attacks in the UK.

He told the New York Times in an interview last year that although the group was well set up in some European countries, it needed more attackers in Germany and Britain, in particular.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

One of the most informative interviews in regards to the corrupt establishment, war, ISIS, Trump and the phony Democrats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQK19h24TcM&t=1304s

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Four dead, including terrorist.

He'll be in good company in hell, as Martin McGuinness died yesterday.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Not sure of the answers to your questions but you might want to ponder WWI, WWII, Laos, China, Armenia...The 21st century is a completely peaceful period of time compared to the 20th.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

DesertWonderer wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 3:01 pm

Not sure of the answers to your questions but you might want to ponder WWI, WWII, Laos, China, Armenia...The 21st century is a completely peaceful period of time compared to the 20th.
...... so far!

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Robin Hood wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 11:13 am BBC are reporting a terrorist attack close to the palace of Westminster.
One woman dead, 40-50 injures (some with life changing injuries), one police officer stabbed.
Terrorist shot dead.
When are they going to ban knifes and vehicles. If they did those people would still be alive.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Good thing the cops who shot the attacker had guns.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

How sad and awful! :(

"Eric Hawkins, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, confirmed Thursday morning that Kurt Cochran was one of the victims killed in the incident and his wife, Melissa, was injured. Melissa Cochran’s parents are currently serving as LDS missionaries in London."

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43600885&nid=14 ... don-attack

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Robin Hood,

He may be taking a shot at the quality of teeth in Britain. It is a common joke here that Brit's have bad teeth.

I must confess that Ezra isn't doing anything to raise the level of discourse (of course I don't expect that from him)

By the way, I am noted for making some hard comments myself, but they almost always refers to people' ideas, not people.

Regards,

George Clay

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

kittycat51 wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 9:51 am How sad and awful! :(

"Eric Hawkins, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, confirmed Thursday morning that Kurt Cochran was one of the victims killed in the incident and his wife, Melissa, was injured. Melissa Cochran’s parents are currently serving as LDS missionaries in London."

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43600885&nid=14 ... don-attack
Puts things in perspective.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

gclayjr wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 9:54 am Robin Hood,

He may be taking a shot at the quality of teeth in Britain. It is a common joke here that Brit's have bad teeth.

I must confess that Ezra isn't doing anything to raise the level of discourse (of course I don't expect that from him)

By the way, I am noted for making some hard comments myself, but they almost always refers to people' ideas, not people.

Regards,

George Clay
George,
We've sparred a few times. I never felt it was personal.
I get the teeth jibe. But here's the thing; they're quite functional items designed for biting and chewing food, and not for the cover of Vogue magazine.

I won't continue this particular part of the conversation regarding national characteristics, as you and others might be offended to learn of those things the British and others associate with Americans.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

DesertWonderer wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 3:01 pm Not sure of the answers to your questions but you might want to ponder WWI, WWII, Laos, China, Armenia...The 21st century is a completely peaceful period of time compared to the 20th.
Why in the world would you conclude that my remarks were referring to the narrow window of the 21st century? I will give you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you thought I was a government educated Millennial who was not aware of the World Wars, or anything else in world history that happened before the PlayStation was released.

I was lamenting the entire history of the earth, I could have been more specific to say I am sad that despite all the advancements in technology, transportation, food production, medicine, water purification, computers... all of these advancements to make life better...humans are still struggling for power, it is the same struggle of Cain and Able...fighting all the time.

I believe the second coming will save us from the endless power struggle, but I wonder if He is waiting until enough of us ask for Him to come and show us a better way to live.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Robin Hood wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 10:04 am I won't continue this particular part of the conversation regarding national characteristics, as you and others might be offended to learn of those things the British and others associate with Americans.

Personally I have always wondered how British people make fun of American accents. Do they always go for Texas or Southern drawl or do they mix in a New England flair, or a even a California surfer dude?

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Robin Hood,
I won't continue this particular part of the conversation regarding national characteristics, as you and others might be offended to learn of those things the British and others associate with Americans.
I appreciate your character here. I am not thin skinned, and in the future when we are sparring, please feel free to apply any American stereotype insult to me you wish. I guess it goes to the level of the friendship between our countries that we can feel free and comfortable to insult one another.

Regards,

George Clay

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

tribrac wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 10:23 am
Robin Hood wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 10:04 am I won't continue this particular part of the conversation regarding national characteristics, as you and others might be offended to learn of those things the British and others associate with Americans.

Personally I have always wondered how British people make fun of American accents. Do they always go for Texas or Southern drawl or do they mix in a New England flair, or a even a California surfer dude?

To me, there are 3 American accents: southern drawl, New York, and the rest.