Modern Gadiantonism

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
mhewett
captain of 100

Modern Gadiantonism

Post by mhewett »

Hi there, I was reading this morning Alma chapter 10 and as I read it, it was like reading a commentary on what is happening in the US right now.

22 Yea, and I say unto you that if it were not for the prayers of the righteous, who are now in the land, that ye would even now be visited with utter destruction; yet it would not be by flood, as were the people in the days of Noah, but it would be by famine, and by pestilence, and the sword.

23 But it is by the prayers of the righteous that ye are spared; now therefore, if ye will cast out the righteous from among you then will not the Lord stay his hand; but in his fierce anger he will come out against you; then ye shall be smitten by famine, and by pestilence, and by the sword; and the time is soon at hand except ye repent.

and

27 And now behold, I say unto you, that the foundation of the destruction of this people is beginning to be laid by the unrighteousness of your lawyers and your judges.

When I look at current circumstances, I honestly believe that it is the prayers of the righteous who have given us all more time. I think under Hillary, what is coming would happen much sooner.

When I look at the court decisions in regards to the travel ban and the corruption in both political parties, they have laid the foundation of the destruction of the people. The looting of the wealth of the country, the encouragement of wickedness like the days of King Noah, the evil that is in government and the democrats, to me, Trump is the last hope. If they take him out, I think it's game over.

Then there's this in Alma 11

20 Now, it was for the sole purpose to get gain, because they received their wages according to their employ, therefore, they did stir up the people to riotings, and all manner of disturbances and wickedness, that they might have more employ, that they might get money according to the suits which were brought before them; therefore they did stir up the people against Alma and Amulek.

Think of George Soros organising violence, protests, attacks, all to bring power to him and those like him. Have you ever known a period in history where one side of politics has not accepted the will of the people to the extent of the things that are happening right now?

Here's an example of the hatred in New York right now towards Trump supporters or as in the case of the article,a democrat supporter wearing a Trump hat to see the reaction.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/18/i-survived ... at-in-nyc/

This is the hatred towards someone of a different political opinion from the left and it is incredible. America is in crisis, they are trying to take down a democratically elected President through pure hatred, intolerance, violence, murder (Seth Rich and they have tried to kill Roger Stone twice) lies and false innuendo. The enemy is so ingrained in government that it really will take a mammoth effort to drain the swamp on both sides.

Will Trump have the same fate as Pahoran the second?

The Book of Mormon certainly is for our day.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: Modern Gadiantonism

Post by Matchmaker »

mhewett wrote: March 20th, 2017, 6:59 pm Hi there, I was reading this morning Alma chapter 10 and as I read it, it was like reading a commentary on what is happening in the US right now.

22 Yea, and I say unto you that if it were not for the prayers of the righteous, who are now in the land, that ye would even now be visited with utter destruction; yet it would not be by flood, as were the people in the days of Noah, but it would be by famine, and by pestilence, and the sword.

23 But it is by the prayers of the righteous that ye are spared; now therefore, if ye will cast out the righteous from among you then will not the Lord stay his hand; but in his fierce anger he will come out against you; then ye shall be smitten by famine, and by pestilence, and by the sword; and the time is soon at hand except ye repent.

and

27 And now behold, I say unto you, that the foundation of the destruction of this people is beginning to be laid by the unrighteousness of your lawyers and your judges.

When I look at current circumstances, I honestly believe that it is the prayers of the righteous who have given us all more time. I think under Hillary, what is coming would happen much sooner.

When I look at the court decisions in regards to the travel ban and the corruption in both political parties, they have laid the foundation of the destruction of the people. The looting of the wealth of the country, the encouragement of wickedness like the days of King Noah, the evil that is in government and the democrats, to me, Trump is the last hope. If they take him out, I think it's game over.

Then there's this in Alma 11

20 Now, it was for the sole purpose to get gain, because they received their wages according to their employ, therefore, they did stir up the people to riotings, and all manner of disturbances and wickedness, that they might have more employ, that they might get money according to the suits which were brought before them; therefore they did stir up the people against Alma and Amulek.

Think of George Soros organising violence, protests, attacks, all to bring power to him and those like him. Have you ever known a period in history where one side of politics has not accepted the will of the people to the extent of the things that are happening right now?

Here's an example of the hatred in New York right now towards Trump supporters or as in the case of the article,a democrat supporter wearing a Trump hat to see the reaction.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/18/i-survived ... at-in-nyc/

This is the hatred towards someone of a different political opinion from the left and it is incredible. America is in crisis, they are trying to take down a democratically elected President through pure hatred, intolerance, violence, murder (Seth Rich and they have tried to kill Roger Stone twice) lies and false innuendo. The enemy is so ingrained in government that it really will take a mammoth effort to drain the swamp on both sides.

Will Trump have the same fate as Pahoran the second?

The Book of Mormon certainly is for our day.
I agree with you. This disrespect shown a President of the United States is absolutely unprecedented. I had no idea this fragment of the democratic party was so evil and so determined to get their own way (Hillary elected) that they would be so vicious toward other citizens who didn't agree with them. I also can't believe that these intolerant domestic terrorists have been allowed to get away with what they have been doing as if they were spoiled children or something. I support Sheriff Clarke who said that if a few of these abusers were thrown into jail and prosecuted for their assaults and threats, most of these attacks would stop.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Amen!

AgaetisTakk
captain of 100

Post by AgaetisTakk »

mhewett wrote: March 20th, 2017, 6:59 pm
While I despise Barry, this is cognitive dissonance at it's finest. If you think for a second that the left is treating President Trump worse than Barry you're a delusional liar. This site is no different that any leftist forum in the way it's treats opposition leaders. To think otherwise is moronic.

mhewett
captain of 100

Post by mhewett »

AgaetisTakk wrote: March 21st, 2017, 3:17 pm
While I despise Barry, this is cognitive dissonance at it's finest. If you think for a second that the left is treating President Trump worse than Barry you're a delusional liar. This site is no different that any leftist forum in the way it's treats opposition leaders. To think otherwise is moronic.
Wow, I've never been called a liar on here, maybe delusional :) but a liar? You know it's like water off a ducks back but there was no need for that. I'm not sure if you understood my comment,on reading it a second time it can be taken both ways. In the article I linked to, the reporter was from the left and was wearing a Trump hat. The hatred from the left was felt by this reporter.

The left loved Obama so I don't know how you can say the left is not treating Trump worse. Trump is being treated abominably by the left. What the left has been getting up to since Trump got elected in without precedence in US political history. Are you actually American? Have you actually been watching?

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

AgaetisTakk wrote:
You may have a point in regards to verbal, or in this case typed disaproval, but I have never observed here at this forum such hatred, violence, and murder encouraged, taught, and cheered like what is being displayed from opposition elements elsewhere.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Joseph predicted that the political partys would go to war....

"There will be two great political parties in this country. One will be called the Republican, and the other the Democrat party. These two parties will go to war and out of these two parties will spring another party which will be the Independent American Party".

But it has been quoted countless times....

AgaetisTakk
captain of 100

Post by AgaetisTakk »

kenssurplus wrote: March 21st, 2017, 6:25 pm
AgaetisTakk wrote:
You may have a point in regards to verbal, or in this case typed disaproval, but I have never observed here at this forum such hatred, violence, and murder encouraged, taught, and cheered like what is being displayed from opposition elements elsewhere.
Like I said cognitive dissonance... There are multiple threads on this site referencing virtually all of the above. Someone even wrote out a list of over 40 people that Obama had 'murdered'. We are no better than the left in this regard and pounding our head into the sand and ignoring our own sins is irresponsible. Guess how many websites (including Breitbart, InfoWars, Townhall.... etc.) showed effigies of Obama being hung?

Guess how many white-supremacist sites talked about murdering him? And yes... the right owns the white-supremacist movement. Just like the left own the leftist terrorists mentioned. But acting like our own party is above this is ignorant and frankly, why we can't get anything done.

AgaetisTakk
captain of 100

Post by AgaetisTakk »

mhewett wrote: March 21st, 2017, 6:19 pm The left loved Obama so I don't know how you can say the left is not treating Trump worse. Trump is being treated abominably by the left. What the left has been getting up to since Trump got elected in without precedence in US political history.
A verifiable lie
mhewett wrote: March 21st, 2017, 6:19 pm Are you actually American?
Yes, and I served my country. You?
mhewett wrote: March 21st, 2017, 6:19 pm Have you actually been watching?
Very much so.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Modern day gadiantonism is truly global, something that is often overlooked in the heat of arguments of left vs right and liberal vs conservative, which is the way that most Americans frame the debate.

Looking at it from a global perspective, which is consistent with the view John gives us of the last days is enlightening indeed. He shows us what the future will hold in this respect, says he in Rev. 13:
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
I believe this beast which John saw was the global gadiantons of our day. According to John they are “to make war with the saints, and to overcome them”. Not only are the saints “overcome” but they will also exercise power “over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.”

From verse five we learn that “power was given unto him to continue forty and two months”. So what happens at the end of the “forty and two months”? The prophet Daniel gives us the answer to that question, from chapter 7 we read:
13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed….
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
Just like the beast that John describes, this entity “speak(s) great words” and “shall wear out the saints of the most High” and the time-frame given is the same, “a time and times and the dividing of time” or 42 months.

This 42 months of which Daniel speaks is very likely the most precise and predictive event in scripture, marking the Second Coming of our Lord. For when “the judgment shall sit” “the Son of man (will come) with the clouds of heaven, and (come) to the Ancient of days” (Adam).

Daniel goes on to say “And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”

It certainly isn’t hard to see the battle going on between the global gadiantons and those of us who would resist this evil. The global gadiantons have been unmasked for all to see, which is clear evidence that the Lord’s coming is indeed very close. The final outcome of what we see going on in this respect is the Second Coming!

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

AgaetisTakk wrote: March 21st, 2017, 8:10 pm
mhewett wrote: March 21st, 2017, 6:19 pm The left loved Obama so I don't know how you can say the left is not treating Trump worse. Trump is being treated abominably by the left. What the left has been getting up to since Trump got elected in without precedence in US political history.
A verifiable lie . . . .
The great difference is that most of the MSM media is aligned with the left or the neocons. They greatly amplify the left/neocon aversion of Trump. Nothing like this existed for Obama coming from the same sources, which most people still use to validate their reality.

So no. Not "a verifiable lie".

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

friendsofthe wrote: March 21st, 2017, 10:53 pm Modern day gadiantonism is truly global, something that is often overlooked in the heat of arguments of left vs right and liberal vs conservative, which is the way that most Americans frame the debate.

Looking at it from a global perspective, which is consistent with the view John gives us of the last days is enlightening indeed. He shows us what the future will hold in this respect, says he in Rev. 13: . . . .
Good post. This is why so many conservatives and even some libertarians were thrown by the Trump candidacy. They were framing the election strictly in term of conservative principles . . . which is not bad; but they were just missing the bigger picture of Americanism/nationalism vs. political globalism, not quite getting that if you lose the country, the argument between liberal/conservative principles becomes relatively meaningless.

In my view, nationalism vs. political globalism, is by far, the most important and defining, political/freedom battle of our day.

AgaetisTakk
captain of 100

Post by AgaetisTakk »

larsenb wrote: March 21st, 2017, 11:16 pm
A verifiable lie . . . .
The great difference is that most of the MSM media is aligned with the left or the neocons. They greatly amplify the left/neocon aversion of Trump. Nothing like this existed for Obama coming from the same sources, which most people still use to validate their reality.

Again... head in the sand. Fox New, InfoWars, BlazeTv, Drudge Report, Breitbart, NewsMax, Redstate, and blah blah blah. These are all MSM sources that literally did everything thing in their journalistic powers to discredit Obama. We also need to silo out Fox News, who in 2016 was the most watched basic cable channel on TV, not the most watched NEWS channel, the most watched channel.

This aversion to systemically ignoring things that don't fit your narrative needs to stop. I've done no better, or worse, than my leftist counterparts.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Agaetis, your snowflake is melting.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

AgaetisTakk wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 8:40 am
A verifiable lie . . . .

Again... head in the sand. Fox New, InfoWars, BlazeTv, Drudge Report, Breitbart, NewsMax, Redstate, and blah blah blah. These are all MSM sources that literally did everything thing in their journalistic powers to discredit Obama. We also need to silo out Fox News, who in 2016 was the most watched basic cable channel on TV, not the most watched NEWS channel, the most watched channel.

This aversion to systemically ignoring things that don't fit your narrative needs to stop. I've done no better, or worse, than my leftist counterparts.
A fan of lies, damn lies and statistics I see. Fox News was still dwarfed by the major networks ABC, NBC, and CBS who are blatantly leftist in their reporting. Each of those three had 2.5 to 3.5 times the viewership of Fox News, and cumulatively almost 10 times the viewers.

The fact that you are tilting at this particular windmill - i.e. arguing that the media was as tough on Obama as it has been on Trump - clearly demonstrates whose head is in the sand.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

simpleton wrote: March 21st, 2017, 7:54 pm Joseph predicted that the political partys would go to war....

"There will be two great political parties in this country. One will be called the Republican, and the other the Democrat party. These two parties will go to war and out of these two parties will spring another party which will be the Independent American Party".

But it has been quoted countless times....
And the American Independent Party was established in 1967.

AgaetisTakk
captain of 100

Post by AgaetisTakk »

tribrac wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 8:44 am Agaetis, your snowflake is melting.
I see you've taken up the aryan slang of the alt-right. Congrats... don't you belong on Stormfront? Triggered?

mhewett
captain of 100

Post by mhewett »

AgaetisTakk wrote: March 21st, 2017, 8:06 pm
kenssurplus wrote: March 21st, 2017, 6:25 pm
AgaetisTakk wrote:
Like I said cognitive dissonance... There are multiple threads on this site referencing virtually all of the above. Someone even wrote out a list of over 40 people that Obama had 'murdered'. We are no better than the left in this regard and pounding our head into the sand and ignoring our own sins is irresponsible. Guess how many websites (including Breitbart, InfoWars, Townhall.... etc.) showed effigies of Obama being hung?

Guess how many white-supremacist sites talked about murdering him? And yes... the right owns the white-supremacist movement. Just like the left own the leftist terrorists mentioned. But acting like our own party is above this is ignorant and frankly, why we can't get anything done.
I don't know why you are making such a big issue. I never said one party was better than the other and Trump has a fight as he is fighting against those in his own party who are the same if not worse than the leftists responsible for the criminal activities that the democrats and leftists have been doing. The globalists had taken control of both parties. What the left side of politics has been doing since Trump got elected is without precedent in American politics. Can you name a time when violent groups were going around assaulting those who they disagree with or protest after protest or on a huge scale, people simply hating another person and persecuting them because they have a different political view? What about people being denied services because they support Trump or families not inviting trump supporting family members for thanksgiving? The link I gave is about a lefty who wore a Trump hat to get an idea of how he would be treated in NYC. It showed the bigotry and intolerance that the left have and which is encouraged by the leaders of the democrats. We have one secret service agent publicly admitting she would not take a bullet for Trump, we have security violations allowed by secret service agents at the whitehouse. We have Trump simply enforcing the law but being demonized and lied about by the left and a complicit leftist media. We have judges, sheriffs and law enforcement refusing to uphold the law and aiding and abetting criminals on a scale never before seen in America.

My post was about how those verses I quoted related to current circumstances. Can you see my point?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

A good summary. thank you, MHewett, of what is going on in America now. It seems to me that President Trump does not understand the conspiracy, as evidenced by his bringing so many globalists into his cabinet, and by several other decisions. It will not surprise me if the latter-day gadiantons force Trump out of office. They have corrupt people, legislators and judges, in places to support such a move. 30 years ago I saw just that happen to the newly elected Governor of Arizona, Evan Meacham. The globalists realize their timetable is being slowed down and they want to still be alive when it comes to fruition.

In that connection, I wonder how David Rockefeller feels - if has been taken to the woodshed in whatever place he is in now.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

AgaetisTakk wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 8:40 am
A verifiable lie . . . .

InfoWars, Drudge Report, Breitbart, NewsMax, Redstate identified as MSM?? Hardly. Fox News was a mix. One of Trump's most outspoken critics was a Fox News commentator. Our own Deseret News in Utah was simply an outlet for NY Times, NY Times News Service, Washington Post and AP for ALL of their national/international news.

Main Stream media is generally thought to be the older print-based newspapers and network outlets to include the Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal, and the New Services such as Reuters and the Associated Press, and they generally align with the left, or the neoconservative viewpoint AND the government. You're the first I've seen try to tag conservative/libertarian internet web sites as members of the Main Stream Media.

And right on the money, mhewitt and Lundbaek.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

larsenb wrote: March 21st, 2017, 11:20 pm
friendsofthe wrote: March 21st, 2017, 10:53 pm Modern day gadiantonism is truly global, something that is often overlooked in the heat of arguments of left vs right and liberal vs conservative, which is the way that most Americans frame the debate.

Looking at it from a global perspective, which is consistent with the view John gives us of the last days is enlightening indeed. He shows us what the future will hold in this respect, says he in Rev. 13: . . . .
Good post. This is why so many conservatives and even some libertarians were thrown by the Trump candidacy. They were framing the election strictly in term of conservative principles . . . which is not bad; but they were just missing the bigger picture of Americanism/nationalism vs. political globalism, not quite getting that if you lose the country, the argument between liberal/conservative principles becomes relatively meaningless.

In my view, nationalism vs. political globalism, is by far, the most important and defining, political/freedom battle of our day.
You think Trump is not a political globalist? Of course he is. He's an American political globalist, continuing the same song of extending American power abroad via power politics, military might etc.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The goal of globalists is not to extend American power abroad via power politics, military might etc. It is my conviction that their goal includes making America subservient to a world government. The United Nations may be the organization that becomes the seat of a world government.

The Anglo-American / Western globalists are using the United States political and military power to create events that move the world forward toward those goals. Just realize that Russia and China have similar goals, independent of the Western globalists.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ajax wrote: March 24th, 2017, 9:03 am
larsenb wrote: March 21st, 2017, 11:20 pm

You think Trump is not a political globalist? Of course he is. He's an American political globalist, continuing the same song of extending American power abroad via power politics, military might etc.
No he's not. He's done and said many things that are diametric to political globalism. Plus, he's responsible, along with Nigel Farage, for outing the whole agenda to an international audience, a subject that is still taboo among most media, certainly to include the MSM.

I know you're objections, though. What's it been? Less than two months? Black-and-white judgement does work sometimes, when the black is really, really obvious. With Trump, it's not. Of course, I'll never convince you to relax your stance, even a tiny bit.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

For instance, here's Jon Rappoport holding forth on some of the things I really like that Trump is doing; posted earlier on dconrad000ss thread. Essentially slashing budgets of gov. organizations that are part of the growing and overweening control grid in health care, etc. : Here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9823&start=3990#p774292 and here: https://youtu.be/R5WNsxmOIxI .