LDS Missionary Beats Up Mugger w/Gun

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
paulrobots
captain of 100

LDS Missionary Beats Up Mugger w/Gun

Post by paulrobots »

http://fox13now.com/2017/03/14/two-lds- ... in-brazil/

Not sure if it's been posted before, I just saw it today.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: LDS Missionary Beats Up Mugger w/Gun

Post by brianj »

The best defense is a good offense. Well done, Elder.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

brianj wrote: March 15th, 2017, 9:35 pm The best defense is a good offense. Well done, Elder.
I'm sure that's what Jesus would do.

Tbmbro
captain of 10

Post by Tbmbro »

Ezra wrote: March 16th, 2017, 12:36 am
brianj wrote: March 15th, 2017, 9:35 pm The best defense is a good offense. Well done, Elder.
Well...
And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;
John 2:15

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Here's more of an updated version

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:D Theres a guy to have for protection :)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

LdsMarco wrote: March 16th, 2017, 1:10 am Here's more of an updated version
Why did that warm my heart and make me a tad gleeful?

Though, they should probably transfer that broth of a boy.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Tbmbro wrote: March 16th, 2017, 12:58 am
Well...
And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;
So we have a god that gets angry? Gets mad? Uses violence to solve problems? Sounds a lot like Satan to me.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

larsenb wrote: March 16th, 2017, 1:36 am
LdsMarco wrote: March 16th, 2017, 1:10 am Here's more of an updated version
Why did that warm my heart and make me a tad gleeful?

Though, they should probably transfer that broth of a boy.
Voilence breads violence. So I agree he should be transferred

What ever happened to turn the other cheek? What happen to if some one steals from you you give him your blanket and some food as well.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Ezra wrote: March 16th, 2017, 12:20 pm What ever happened to turn the other cheek? What happen to if some one steals from you you give him your blanket and some food as well.
What do you give them if they shoot you?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

The thugs need to be taught a lesson.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

I believe they refer to this as "The laying on of hands."

To be fair, Ammon's got this guy beat. Just look at all the arms he got to bear! Oh, and chop off.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Ezra wrote: March 16th, 2017, 12:18 pm
Tbmbro wrote: March 16th, 2017, 12:58 am
Well...
So we have a god that gets angry? Gets mad? Uses violence to solve problems? Sounds a lot like Satan to me.
The missionary did not initiate the threat or anger. With a gun being thrust in his face, his very life and the life of his companion and other bystanders were threatened as well. If you see an opening and feel you can go for it and succeed, you should do so.

The Book of Mormon justifies defending one's people or 'country' when attacked. The missionaries very space and life were threatened. Same type of principle.

The thieves not only lost their gun, they lost their motorcycle, with one of them getting thoroughly beat up in the process. Did you notice other people running after them? The robbers were probably caught . . . and the encouragement and courage to pursue them came from the resolute bravery shown by the missionary. Wonderful! . . . of course, I'm wondering what kind of reprimand his Mission President will give him . . . . maybe even sent home??

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Pretty bad to the bone if you ask me...

-Finrock

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Ezra wrote: March 16th, 2017, 12:18 pm So we have a god that gets angry? Gets mad? Uses violence to solve problems? Sounds a lot like Satan to me.
Have you read the scriptures? Do you have any idea how many references there are to divine anger?
Here's one of hundreds of possible examples, from Helaman: "I will visit them in my fierce anger, and there shall be those of the fourth generation who shall live, of your enemies, to behold your utter destruction..."

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

brianj wrote: March 16th, 2017, 2:56 pm
Ezra wrote: March 16th, 2017, 12:18 pm So we have a god that gets angry? Gets mad? Uses violence to solve problems? Sounds a lot like Satan to me.
Have you read the scriptures? Do you have any idea how many references there are to divine anger?
Here's one of hundreds of possible examples, from Helaman: "I will visit them in my fierce anger, and there shall be those of the fourth generation who shall live, of your enemies, to behold your utter destruction..."
In the Bible or Book of Mormon?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

h_p wrote: March 16th, 2017, 12:42 pm
Ezra wrote: March 16th, 2017, 12:20 pm What ever happened to turn the other cheek? What happen to if some one steals from you you give him your blanket and some food as well.
Tell them after they shoot you to shoot your companion too.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Interesting how Fox News edited the video for public broadcast... Go find the whole thing and watch it.

To me the Elder did the right thing. The word will quickly go far and wide to leave the Elders alone, because they are not easy targets. This will stand all the companionships of Elders in good stead.

To those who think they (the missionaries) should have allowed themselves to be robbed, you are in effect advocating for the rise of evil.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

The Elders already had triple protection.... Consecrated devoted service for the Lord, Temple Garments, Thorough knowledge of the eternal plan of salvation. I'll bet that Elder was from Idaho and hucked a few bales of hay in his youth. He stood his ground and fought evil with his bare hands. Meanwhile... his wussy companion hid back (probably wetting his pants) and didn't get into the fray at all. He didn't have his companion's back at all. ... maybe he was having a silent prayer they would be saved....

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

What an awesome Elder of Israel! I'll bet he was from Idaho too, well maybe not the west side. B-) Those folk over in the Parma area or Weiser need some gumpshun. His Daddy raised him right. His companion needs help.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

larsenb wrote: March 16th, 2017, 2:08 pm The thieves not only lost their gun, they lost their motorcycle, with one of them getting thoroughly beat up in the process. Did you notice other people running after them? The robbers were probably caught . . . and the encouragement and courage to pursue them came from the resolute bravery shown by the missionary. Wonderful! . . . of course, I'm wondering what kind of reprimand his Mission President will give him . . . . maybe even sent home??
After reading the church response to the incident I really doubt this missionary will be sent home. I would be very surprised if he isn't sent to another mission, but much more surprised to see him sent home.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... anion.html

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

JK4Woods wrote: March 16th, 2017, 5:24 pm Interesting how Fox News edited the video for public broadcast... Go find the whole thing and watch it.

To me the Elder did the right thing. The word will quickly go far and wide to leave the Elders alone, because they are not easy targets. This will stand all the companionships of Elders in good stead.

To those who think they (the missionaries) should have allowed themselves to be robbed, you are in effect advocating for the rise of evil.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

The Elders already had triple protection.... Consecrated devoted service for the Lord, Temple Garments, Thorough knowledge of the eternal plan of salvation. I'll bet that Elder was from Idaho and hucked a few bales of hay in his youth. He stood his ground and fought evil with his bare hands. Meanwhile... his wussy companion hid back (probably wetting his pants) and didn't get into the fray at all. He didn't have his companion's back at all. ... maybe he was having a silent prayer they would be saved....
Wow. Wetting his pants. No judgement there. I'm going out on a limb here. Do you support the troups? Support the war on terror?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

SmallFarm wrote: March 16th, 2017, 1:46 pm 1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Good point. Thanks.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

PressingForward wrote: March 16th, 2017, 5:39 pm What an awesome Elder of Israel! I'll bet he was from Idaho too, well maybe not the west side. B-) Those folk over in the Parma area or Weiser need some gumpshun. His Daddy raised him right. His companion needs help.

Are you making fun of elder Brett nattress kids? They were raised in western Idaho.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

shadow wrote: March 16th, 2017, 5:10 pm
h_p wrote: March 16th, 2017, 12:42 pm
Tell them after they shoot you to shoot your companion too.
Or just give them your wallet with a few bucks in it. They obviously need it more then you do. You could also offer them to the knowledge be able to never be hungry or thirsty again. Hint hint.