Reducing cars a feminist issue

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Reducing cars a feminist issue

Post by Fiannan »

Yep:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/03 ... ostly-men/

And you thought people like Pelosi and Reid were wacko?

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Re: Reducing cars a feminist issue

Post by gclayjr »

Fiannan,

Yea, But they're Swedes! You should have seen how many bicycles I saw when I was working in Sweden. Not a place of excessive testosterone.

Wonder what they would think of a guy with 1 full ton dually truck with 7.4 liter engine, and 4 cars including a Pontiac Trans Am, and a motorcycle.

Their logic for "efficiency" is the same as the logic those folks on the left coast use for driver-less cars, and super trains. It is as if efficient use of the automobile, is more important than efficient use of our time. They freely admit that an attraction for the evil personal automobile, is that it is more efficient and convenient a means of transportation for the person. In that article they actually argue the "evil" of having a car do nothing but sit around 80% of its time waiting until it's owner uses it!

I guess to them, the car is more important than the person.

Regards,

George Clay

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

I wonder how extreme feminists can really get. Are there any that literally want men to be enslaved and used strictly for breeding purposes? Are there ones that wish they were like aphids, reproducing without us?
gclayjr wrote: March 12th, 2017, 1:04 pm Yea, But they're Swedes! You should have seen how many bicycles I saw when I was working in Sweden. Not a place of excessive testosterone.
Yeah, because plopping your behind in a cushy seat and delicately manipulating a gas pedal and turning a wheel is soooo much more masculine than something that actually requires muscle and lung capacity to use. That's analogous to saying that when cutting wood, real men use a chainsaw and the women use an ax or hatchet. Obviously a chainsaw is a more efficient, better method, but only because it requires far less brawn and effort.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Sasquatch wrote: March 13th, 2017, 6:59 pm I wonder how extreme feminists can really get. Are there any that literally want men to be enslaved and used strictly for breeding purposes? Are there ones that wish they were like aphids, reproducing without us?
No, because according to extreme feminists motherhood is a patriarchal enslavement of women.

How extreme can feminists get? How extreme does kill all men, kill male babies, and any kill man you see in the street sound?

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Sasquatch,
Yeah, because plopping your behind in a cushy seat and delicately manipulating a gas pedal and turning a wheel is soooo much more masculine than something that actually requires muscle and lung capacity to use. That's analogous to saying that when cutting wood, real men use a chainsaw and the women use an ax or hatchet. Obviously a chainsaw is a more efficient, better method, but only because it requires far less brawn and effort.
Yea a real man would prefer a chain saw to a girly hatchet. Because Real men measure what is accomplished, not how much labor went into a pathetic result.

You can get your girly hatchet and cut a couple of branches, and I'll cut a cord in the same amount of time, and you will probably will have to look up what a cord is.

Your admired "Macho" Swede can pedal around Lund University in his bicycle shorts , looking so environmentally correct, and I'll pull a tree stumps with my 1 ton dually with 4 wheel drive and a locking diff. Afterwards I'll decide whether I want to go around the twisties in my fiero sports car, or rip up the country roads in my Trans Am.

Regards,

George Clay