Utah young adults ill-prepared for workforce, ineligible for military

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
inho
captain of 1,000

Utah young adults ill-prepared for workforce, ineligible for military

Post by inho »

Report: Most Utah young adults ill-prepared for workforce, ineligible for military

An overwhelming majority of Utah's young adults ages 17-24 are ineligible for military service because they are overweight, have a criminal history or can't pass the test, according to a new report.

What kind of place is really this Utah?

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: Utah young adults ill-prepared for workforce, ineligible for military

Post by Juliet »

The occult is severe and the children are traumatized starting in the womb. This is really nationwide. But it is really bad in Utah.

The air quality also is probably the second worst in the world next to Beijing due to the mountains and chemtrail induced inversions. It is a great place to do experiments because they can spray the area with chemtrails and they stay there for days. When we lived there, most days in the winter were red, meaning you have to stay inside because the air quality is too bad. My babies would not be able to sleep without lots of essential oils because the sinuses couldn't handle the smog.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

This doesn't seem to be a Utah problem,
A citizen readiness index shows Utah is among the more than three-fourths of states in the country that earned a C grade or worse based on the number of young adults who missed the mark.
It is more generational. I doubt that things are any better in other states.

Regards,

George Clay

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

inho wrote: February 27th, 2017, 5:12 am
What kind of place is really this Utah?
It's about the same as all the other states.
From the article-
"About 72 percent of 17- to 24-year-olds in Utah cannot qualify for military service due to problems with obesity, education, drug abuse or crime — on par with national numbers"

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Juliet wrote: February 27th, 2017, 5:48 am
The air quality also is probably the second worst in the world next to Beijing
It isn't. It's in the top 10 worst in the nation due to a handful of days per year, but it's not even close when expanded to the rest of the world.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

shadow wrote: February 27th, 2017, 10:31 am
Juliet wrote: February 27th, 2017, 5:48 am
The air quality also is probably the second worst in the world next to Beijing
It isn't. It's in the top 10 worst in the nation due to a handful of days per year, but it's not even close when expanded to the rest of the world.

Thankyou for correcting me.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Remember how kids are raised these days. It's not hard to find stories of parents who were subjected to CPS investigations for letting their kids play outside without being right next to them. Kids spend almost the entire day indoors, often just sitting in front of a game console because if they take the dog for a walk or go play at the park their parents have a 100% certainty that the kid will be raped or abducted. When you spend most of your free time moving your hand between a game controller and a bag of Cheetos you are not going to be in good physical shape and you will be overweight.

Independence is something else that is being trained out of children. I remember that I couldn't wait to drive! Freedom! these days a quarter of 20 to 24 year old adults still don't have driver's licenses. Look at the trend of helicopter parenting; it's so bad that some kids call mommy to talk to their college professor instead of talking directly to the person who gives the grades. Someone who needs to be constantly supervised because they were never taught to be independent is not going to be a good employee.

I don't know about the crime rate here, but a bunch of people who seem to have little skill beyond playing video games are not eligible for military service or prepared for employment.

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

I need a safe space just from hearing this.... :P

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

The occult is severe and the children are traumatized starting in the womb.
What do you mean by "occult?"

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

brianj wrote: February 27th, 2017, 1:06 pm Remember how kids are raised these days. It's not hard to find stories of parents who were subjected to CPS investigations for letting their kids play outside without being right next to them. Kids spend almost the entire day indoors, often just sitting in front of a game console because if they take the dog for a walk or go play at the park their parents have a 100% certainty that the kid will be raped or abducted. When you spend most of your free time moving your hand between a game controller and a bag of Cheetos you are not going to be in good physical shape and you will be overweight.

Independence is something else that is being trained out of children. I remember that I couldn't wait to drive! Freedom! these days a quarter of 20 to 24 year old adults still don't have driver's licenses. Look at the trend of helicopter parenting; it's so bad that some kids call mommy to talk to their college professor instead of talking directly to the person who gives the grades. Someone who needs to be constantly supervised because they were never taught to be independent is not going to be a good employee.

I don't know about the crime rate here, but a bunch of people who seem to have little skill beyond playing video games are not eligible for military service or prepared for employment.
The ex-wife's brothers - who are in their mid-20's - keep living at their mom's house so that they can play video games until 5-6am in the morning, and then they sleep the rest of the day. Obviously they don't have jobs, but they don't need one. The mother feeds them and does all their chores for them. Since they don't need a job, why would they need to go to school? They don't need to, so they dropped out. You would think that they would need some kind of money, for the rare occasions that they actually do leave the house (mostly to just buy more computer toys - their dad does that for them, by the way). And here comes the punch line. The mother monitors their checking accounts. When the sons' accounts get too low, the mother transfers money into their accounts so they won't bounce checks.
Ubf-----ingbelievable.
When I met the ex-wife, her brothers were early teens, so I didn't see any of this behavior going on yet. If I would have, I would have dumped her so fast. Now, the ex-wife is trying to carry on the family tradition. She's already planting the seeds of her enmeshment disgustingness to buy my kids' into staying with her and never leaving.
It is a true concern, because what kid wouldn't want to just stay at home and not worry about anything ever and just play games and watch TV all day? If I was a kid, I'd go for that. I can only imagine how much of a mess it will be in the next several years as my kids become teeangers.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Shadow, Juliet
The air quality also is probably the second worst in the world next to Beijing due to the mountains and chemtrail induced inversions.

You must mean happy valley, not the REAL Utah. I don't consider anything North of Mona or South of Brigham City to be really Utah.

Did you know that Pennsylvania with its 13 Million residents is a more Rural state that Utah with its 3 million residents?

Why you ask..

Because a larger percentage of Pennsylvanians live in Rural areas than Utahans. Utah has all of this wonderful, beautiful country , but nobody hardly lives there. They all crowd together in a few big cities. I do know that some 80% of it belongs to the Federal Government.. but still I wouldn't live anywhere between Brigham City and Mona if I moved back there.... or St. George either, though it was pretty good 45 years ago

Regards,

George Clay

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

gclayjr wrote: February 28th, 2017, 3:20 pm Shadow, Juliet
The air quality also is probably the second worst in the world next to Beijing due to the mountains and chemtrail induced inversions.

You must mean happy valley, not the REAL Utah. I don't consider anything North of Mona or South of Brigham City to be really Utah.

Did you know that Pennsylvania with its 13 Million residents is a more Rural state that Utah with its 3 million residents?

Why you ask..

Because a larger percentage of Pennsylvanians live in Rural areas than Utahans. Utah has all of this wonderful, beautiful country , but nobody hardly lives there. They all crowd together in a few big cities. I do know that some 80% of it belongs to the Federal Government.. but still I wouldn't live anywhere between Brigham City and Mona if I moved back there.... or St. George either, though it was pretty good 45 years ago

Regards,

George Clay
I live in cache valley, even when we have red air days. I wasn't the one bashing Utah's air.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Shadow,

USU, class of '75. Go Aggies

Cache valley is beautiful!

Regards,

George Clay