Do we live in the Matrix?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ripliancum
captain of 100

Re: Do we live in the Matrix?

Post by ripliancum »

I'm certain that we dont live in a simulation. But I would agree nothing is as it seems. What the majority of humans currently value will have absoultely no meaning or value in the next life. Our comprehension of God and our potential are not what it seems in my opinion. Christ stated that if anyone had the faith of a mustard seed he or she could move mountains. I dont see anybody moving mountains. But what happens when someone nolonger has faith but knowledge. Nobody understands their divine potential or what is important except for a small few.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

The Matrix helped me make sense of this

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

ripliancum wrote: February 26th, 2017, 12:18 pm I'm certain that we dont live in a simulation. But I would agree nothing is as it seems. What the majority of humans currently value will have absoultely no meaning or value in the next life. Our comprehension of God and our potential are not what it seems in my opinion. Christ stated that if anyone had the faith of a mustard seed he or she could move mountains. I dont see anybody moving mountains. But what happens when someone nolonger has faith but knowledge. Nobody understands their divine potential or what is important except for a small few.
Perhaps you should reconsider your perception of "simulation".

That we are plugged into some celestial machine is doubtful, although many years of study of "the philosophies of men" has me hesitate to say anything with certainty that I have not had a strong witness of.

However, the fact that this world does not represent ultimate reality, if you believe that (and I think we all do) that qualifies as a simulation.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Robin Hood wrote: February 23rd, 2017, 12:38 pm In recent months I have given a great deal of thought to this issue. I think it was stimulated by an account I read of some scientists recently theorising that they suspect we live in a simulation, pretty much in line with the basics of the Matrix trilogy concept.

The more I think about it, the more I am coming around to the idea that we do indeed operate in a Matrix type simulation.

Nothing is really as it appears. We are simply plugged in to this simulated reality.

Before I expand further on my thoughts, I would be interested to read of any other board members with similar ideas.
What is sleep and how does it fit into your theory ?

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Robin Hood wrote: February 23rd, 2017, 12:38 pm In recent months I have given a great deal of thought to this issue. I think it was stimulated by an account I read of some scientists recently theorizing that they suspect we live in a simulation, pretty much in line with the basics of the Matrix trilogy concept.

The more I think about it, the more I am coming around to the idea that we do indeed operate in a Matrix type simulation.

Nothing is really as it appears. We are simply plugged in to this simulated reality.

Before I expand further on my thoughts, I would be interested to read of any other board members with similar ideas.

I think this is a common insight, and that's what makes the movie compelling. It could be true, and there's no way to know.

Just like there's no way to be sure that the universe wasn't created five seconds ago. Or that you're seeing the same color as anyone else when you look at something red. Solipsism is fun.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Jesus turns water into wine, forms the world by reorganizing matter, but is unchangeable himself. The world of "The Matrix" affixes itself upon the wrong attribute of existence - matter, while being oblivious of the attribute of existence that matters always - pure energy.

We are not 1,2,3,and 4th dimensional beings imagining the other dimensions, we are 11th dimension beings discovering how our other 10 dimensions of existence matter in relation to our existence in the 11th dimension. Otherwise we are lost wandering in the 10 dimensions of The Matrix unaware of our mattering in the 11th dimension.

From this understanding it is impossible to imagine a multiverse, instead knowing the reality that the whole of pure energy (what matters always) exists upon the one and only true paradigm.

EQM - The relationship of all Energy to all Matter is all Quality.

Albert Einstein was a true idiot to imagine misleading formulas and condescending laws to describe what is so simple about God as the relative-attribute to all existence.

God Bless,
Darren

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

No, not really.

However, there are lots of things outside of what MSS teaches and accepts that sure are... interesting. Read a little Lyall Watson for fun (some books are cooler and closer to the topic than others).

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Matchmaker wrote: February 23rd, 2017, 2:10 pm
Robin Hood wrote:In recent months I have given a great deal of thought to this issue. I think it was stimulated by an account I read of some scientists recently theorising that they suspect we live in a simulation, pretty much in line with the basics of the Matrix trilogy concept.

At one time, a thought crossed my mind that I had nothing to fear from life on this telestial earth, no matter what ever happened to me (sickness, abuse, pain) because I wasn't really here. The real me, the spirit me, was still sitting with a headset on, safe and sound in a chair in my Heavenly Father's house, or maybe in a classroom in a terrestrial setting, surrounded by loving and protective spirits directed by the Lord who were lovingly observing me and recording my reactions to my experiences in the virtual reality world called earth.
I have always hoped that while I slept each night I would "wake up" with God again in heaven and that this is why babies need so much sleep. :) This could also be the reason why sleep helps regenerate our bodies.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

Darren wrote: February 27th, 2017, 2:44 pm Jesus turns water into wine, forms the world by reorganizing matter, but is unchangeable himself. The world of "The Matrix" affixes itself upon the wrong attribute of existence - matter, while being oblivious of the attribute of existence that matters always - pure energy.

We are not 1,2,3,and 4th dimensional beings imagining the other dimensions, we are 11th dimension beings discovering how our other 10 dimensions of existence matter in relation to our existence in the 11th dimension. Otherwise we are lost wandering in the 10 dimensions of The Matrix unaware of our mattering in the 11th dimension.

From this understanding it is impossible to imagine a multiverse, instead knowing the reality that the whole of pure energy (what matters always) exists upon the one and only true paradigm.

EQM - The relationship of all Energy to all Matter is all Quality.

Albert Einstein was a true idiot to imagine misleading formulas and condescending laws to describe what is so simple about God as the relative-attribute to all existence.

God Bless,
Darren
+1

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

I'm using this Nordic representation of the World Tree/Tree of Life to help visualize the fabric of what is available to people of Pure Faith. Pure Faith which is also Pure Virtue means you exist at the 11th dimension while discovering how our other 10 dimensions of existence matter in relation to our existence in the 11th dimension.

The 11th dimension, of Pure Virtue is the green circle.

Having a knowledge of the Scriptures of the lost tribes of Israel has taught me these and many other truths.

God Bless,
Darren

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

Original_Intent wrote: February 23rd, 2017, 5:10 pm For all intents and purposes I think it is likely. Whether we are plugged in or the exact mechanics or if this "meat-body" is simply our user interface, I don;t think it really matters.
I find it interesting that in the scriptures there is actually a reference to the matrix....
That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD'S. - Exodus 13:12 KJV
What do you make of it? There are 5 references to the matrix and they all also reference the first born and how those are consecrated to the Lord.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

seekingtruth wrote: February 23rd, 2017, 12:52 pm I think you're onto something. Especially when you consider the identity of the Holy Ghost :-?
And what is the HG identity?

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Red wrote: March 12th, 2017, 10:10 am
Original_Intent wrote: February 23rd, 2017, 5:10 pm For all intents and purposes I think it is likely. Whether we are plugged in or the exact mechanics or if this "meat-body" is simply our user interface, I don;t think it really matters.
I find it interesting that in the scriptures there is actually a reference to the matrix....
That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD'S. - Exodus 13:12 KJV
What do you make of it? There are 5 references to the matrix and they all also reference the first born and how those are consecrated to the Lord.
Simply what science is confirming, that "reality" is not at all what it seems, and while the movie "The Matrix" is allegorical and not the exact truth, in many ways it is more truthful than what is taught in public schools.

seekingtruth
captain of 50

Post by seekingtruth »

Red wrote: March 12th, 2017, 10:34 am
seekingtruth wrote: February 23rd, 2017, 12:52 pm I think you're onto something. Especially when you consider the identity of the Holy Ghost :-?
What is your name?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

seekingtruth wrote: March 15th, 2017, 10:39 am
What is your name?
Are you saying that you think the Holy Ghost may be a higher version of ourselves (Terrestrial maybe) communicating to our fallen selves on earth from outside the matrix somewhere?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Matchmaker wrote: March 16th, 2017, 8:11 am
What is your name?
Are you saying that you think the Holy Ghost may be a higher version of ourselves (Terrestrial maybe) communicating to our fallen selves on earth from outside the matrix somewhere?
Interesting concept.
Never thought of that.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

What is your name?
nailed it.. :D

also have you ever wondered why the Holy Ghost is not specified in the temple ceremonies?

It is you. You just have to realize the identity of it :D which seeking truth has pointed out

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

What is your name?
Nice. That's what I've thought for awhile now. I've noticed some folks don't like to share their deeper insights. I wanted to see if you'd share or not.

cappaccio
captain of 100

Post by cappaccio »

This is a VERY interesting concept to me.......not saying I believe it, but sure makes you think.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

In the scriptures, the Holy Ghost is described as a personage, which could refer to a male or female spirit, I suppose, however, I seem to recall that somewhere in Church teachings the Holy Ghost, as the third member of the Godhead, is a male spirit. Does anyone remember who said it first and where I can read that info? Thanks.

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

Matchmaker wrote: March 16th, 2017, 6:39 pm In the scriptures, the Holy Ghost is described as a personage, which could refer to a male or female spirit, I suppose, however, I seem to recall that somewhere in Church teachings the Holy Ghost, as the third member of the Godhead, is a male spirit. Does anyone remember who said it first and where I can read that info? Thanks.
Perhaps it was Marion G Romney. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... t?lang=eng

I don't think what he says holds water though. He said that the HG is male bc Jesus Christ used the male pronoun when speaking to his disciples. The problem with this logic is that Christ was speaking to a male audience. Additionally, the scriptures tend to always use masculine pronouns when speaking in general terms. Women are largely ignored. It was a patriarchal society. I get it and I accept it, but that doesn't mean that the HG isn't actually our higher selves. I think we are meant to figure that puzzle piece out for ourselves.

So you know that triangle of the Lord, the Savior, and the Holy Ghost? I've always thought that triangle could also be the Lord, the Savior and Me. It overlaps if you think about how the HG is our higher self. Just a thought.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Red wrote: March 18th, 2017, 6:29 pm
Matchmaker wrote: March 16th, 2017, 6:39 pm In the scriptures, the Holy Ghost is described as a personage, which could refer to a male or female spirit, I suppose, however, I seem to recall that somewhere in Church teachings the Holy Ghost, as the third member of the Godhead, is a male spirit. Does anyone remember who said it first and where I can read that info? Thanks.
Perhaps it was Marion G Romney. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... t?lang=eng

I don't think what he says holds water though. He said that the HG is male bc Jesus Christ used the male pronoun when speaking to his disciples. The problem with this logic is that Christ was speaking to a male audience. Additionally, the scriptures tend to always use masculine pronouns when speaking in general terms. Women are largely ignored. It was a patriarchal society. I get it and I accept it, but that doesn't mean that the HG isn't actually our higher selves. I think we are meant to figure that puzzle piece out for ourselves.

So you know that triangle of the Lord, the Savior, and the Holy Ghost? I've always thought that triangle could also be the Lord, the Savior and Me. It overlaps if you think about how the HG is our higher self. Just a thought.
Thank you for the link to President Romney's talk.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

The Holy Ghost is not our higher self. The Holy Ghost is a distinct personage (doctrine, many times over), a member of the Godhead (doctrine, many times over), who testifies of God the Father and Jesus Christ (doctrine, many times over); and yes, male (doctrine, many times over).

Red
captain of 100

Post by Red »

JohnnyL wrote: March 23rd, 2017, 9:10 am The Holy Ghost is not our higher self. The Holy Ghost is a distinct personage (doctrine, many times over), a member of the Godhead (doctrine, many times over), who testifies of God the Father and Jesus Christ (doctrine, many times over); and yes, male (doctrine, many times over).
Where does it say that the Holy Ghost is male?