Do we live in the Matrix?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Do we live in the Matrix?

Post by Robin Hood »

In recent months I have given a great deal of thought to this issue. I think it was stimulated by an account I read of some scientists recently theorising that they suspect we live in a simulation, pretty much in line with the basics of the Matrix trilogy concept.

The more I think about it, the more I am coming around to the idea that we do indeed operate in a Matrix type simulation.

Nothing is really as it appears. We are simply plugged in to this simulated reality.

Before I expand further on my thoughts, I would be interested to read of any other board members with similar ideas.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Do we live in the Matrix?

Post by kittycat51 »

:-o

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

In eternal perspective, does it matter if out Earth life is real or just a simulation?
If simulation, would we still receive a body and do we have agency?

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Questioning The Nature of Reality With Cognitive Scientist Donald Hoffman: viewtopic.php?p=754118#p754118" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

seekingtruth
captain of 50

Post by seekingtruth »

I think you're onto something. Especially when you consider the identity of the Holy Ghost :-?

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Robin Hood wrote:In recent months I have given a great deal of thought to this issue. I think it was stimulated by an account I read of some scientists recently theorising that they suspect we live in a simulation, pretty much in line with the basics of the Matrix trilogy concept.

The more I think about it, the more I am coming around to the idea that we do indeed operate in a Matrix type simulation.

Nothing is really as it appears. We are simply plugged in to this simulated reality.

Before I expand further on my thoughts, I would be interested to read of any other board members with similar ideas.
The poster Adonai/Emmanuel/BurningSword shared your perspective and often stated that we are in the matrix. I quote from him below:
Adonai wrote:Neo is from the matrix which was a inspired movie from the Father concerning the mystery of his Son as the Son of man, for the world was overcome in the last generation and who knew he was among them, until the day of the Lord when the light shot up into the sky and all wonder as earth shakes. For it is said 'He is beginning to believe' but at first he denied himself saying I am not the One but then later he turned out to be the One, it is a parallel to a mystery of truly how the world was finally overcome.

For even the churches of the world know not how all things were done and could not for many would not understand and would fall away. Neo was asleep until he began to question the matrix then those who were to help him awaken aided him. The world is like the matrix and mankind see it not their actions and thoughts manipulated even at points controlled, blind by the the system of beast which binds them in darkness and sin. Even my saints know not and even no church is 100% correct, for on a checker-board floor is there ever only white, nay not in such a structure even saints are meant to discern their own church yea and understand the real God, for if God is good what is good is murdering good is wrath and hate, nay and if scripture presents it as such read between the lines for some things are spoken for wisdoms sake, but is it as spoken as worded. The spirit will reveal even scripture differently than it would be understood by eyes of man, and it is done this way to so that people learn to discern in spirit.
-Finrock

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Robin Hood wrote:In recent months I have given a great deal of thought to this issue. I think it was stimulated by an account I read of some scientists recently theorising that they suspect we live in a simulation, pretty much in line with the basics of the Matrix trilogy concept.

Satan creates a false perspective wherein we loose sight of our infinite beginnings and unlimited potential. As intelligences (energy beings) we were not created, and have no end in our infinitely interacting with all levels of being.

I covered this in my post "Who wants to be the next Stephen R. Covey?" viewtopic.php?t=38137

You are in the Matrix:

Freedom from the Matrix is discovering that you are an 11th dimension being, having experiences in all other 10 dimensions.

And this is the Secret to Success and Motivation.

God Bless,
Darren

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Parallel universes. It's all parallel universes.
dc

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Finrock wrote:

The poster Adonai/Emmanuel/BurningSword shared your perspective and often stated that we are in the matrix. I quote from him below:
Adonai wrote:Neo is from the matrix which was a inspired movie from the Father concerning the mystery of his Son as the Son of man, for the world was overcome in the last generation and who knew he was among them, until the day of the Lord when the light shot up into the sky and all wonder as earth shakes. For it is said 'He is beginning to believe' but at first he denied himself saying I am not the One but then later he turned out to be the One, it is a parallel to a mystery of truly how the world was finally overcome.

For even the churches of the world know not how all things were done and could not for many would not understand and would fall away. Neo was asleep until he began to question the matrix then those who were to help him awaken aided him. The world is like the matrix and mankind see it not their actions and thoughts manipulated even at points controlled, blind by the the system of beast which binds them in darkness and sin. Even my saints know not and even no church is 100% correct, for on a checker-board floor is there ever only white, nay not in such a structure even saints are meant to discern their own church yea and understand the real God, for if God is good what is good is murdering good is wrath and hate, nay and if scripture presents it as such read between the lines for some things are spoken for wisdoms sake, but is it as spoken as worded. The spirit will reveal even scripture differently than it would be understood by eyes of man, and it is done this way to so that people learn to discern in spirit.

-Finrock
There are so many mysteries yet to be revealed. We live in such exciting times. I can't wait until all the closed or hidden books are unsealed and open to our view. We may find out that everything didn't quite happen the way we originally thought it did. How fun!

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

At one time, a thought crossed my mind that I had nothing to fear from life on this telestial earth, no matter what ever happened to me (sickness, abuse, pain) because I wasn't really here. The real me, the spirit me, was still sitting with a headset on, safe and sound in a chair in my Heavenly Father's house, or maybe in a classroom in a terrestrial setting, surrounded by loving and protective spirits directed by the Lord who were lovingly observing me and recording my reactions to my experiences in the virtual reality world called earth.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Robin

I would suggest it is more like the Truman Show than the Matrix.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Matchmaker wrote:

At one time, a thought crossed my mind that I had nothing to fear from life on this telestial earth, no matter what ever happened to me (sickness, abuse, pain) because I wasn't really here. The real me, the spirit me, was still sitting with a headset on, safe and sound in a chair in my Heavenly Father's house, or maybe in a classroom in a terrestrial setting, surrounded by loving and protective spirits directed by the Lord who were lovingly observing me and recording my reactions to my experiences in the virtual reality world called earth.
I think you've hit the nail on the head Matchmaker.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

BrianM has been saying it for years. It's probably still in his signature line.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Faith certainly seems to morph reality matrix style. Moving mountains ... walking on water.

Answers to prayers I asked today were often in the making yesterday. How can that be?

I have often wondered how there can be so many rotten selfish people throughout the existence of Earth ... unlesssss they are all AI designed to test us real people. If that could be true then maybe women are artificial intelligence designed to test us men. That's why they don't understand themselves! They are programmed that way!

:D :ymhug: :-$

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Robin Hood wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:

I think you've hit the nail on the head Matchmaker.
And then there's that scripture that says the heavens will be
rolled back like a scroll
and we'll see the face of God....
Also we've been told that only here is there "Time" otherwise it doesn't exist, it's too finite for the universe..

Obviously whatever we call this earth experience, we are here to be tested; and use our faith to get over the finish line.
Seems like the whole purpose of this earth life is to justifiably partition everyone who is born on earth into different graded standings for the rest of eternity.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

For all intents and purposes I think it is likely. Whether we are plugged in or the exact mechanics or if this "meat-body" is simply our user interface, I don;t think it really matters.
I find it interesting that in the scriptures there is actually a reference to the matrix....
That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males shall be the LORD'S. - Exodus 13:12 KJV

seekingtruth
captain of 50

Post by seekingtruth »

alaris wrote: If that could be true then maybe women are artificial intelligence designed to test us men. That's why they don't understand themselves! They are programmed that way!
Finally someone's figured us women out! ;)

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

"Do we believe in the matrix?"

No

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

seekingtruth wrote:I think you're onto something. Especially when you consider the identity of the Holy Ghost :-?

Who is the Holy Ghost?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

David13 wrote:Parallel universes. It's all parallel universes.

dc

Are parallel universes similar to other dimensions?

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I know we are to pray for God's kingdom to come. I also believe the spiritual energy from the temples perhaps make a spiritual light grid to enable God's kingdom to come to earth. I haven't seen the movie but there are grids of energy, and the more faithful we are the higher resonance the earth will be.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

There is no such thing as alternate universes or a multitude of paradigms. There is one single existence of where God is God and one direct path to him. All alternate paradigms are false paradigms.

The formula for our universe is EQM, and those people who don't understand that relationship, or relativity to God are left to wander in sin.

The Matrix is sin and ignorance.
viewtopic.php?t=38137
The formula of the 11 dimensions shown above is EQM: The relationship of all Energy to all Matter is all Quality.

The 11th dimension Green Circle, God Dimension,
3 dimensions of Material Being and 3 dimensions of Energy Being that work together with the 3 dimensions of Quality Being on the Red Circle or Traveler/4th Dimension

As I have been saying, we are of the E, Q and M dimensions. Satan's plan for success is to hold our travel within the 3 Material Dimensions so that we cannot plot and travel a course to God through use of our higher dimensional being attributes and faculties.

The future Success and Motivation Course will show how the existence of tools like the Internet have assisted to open up our higher level dimensional travel and interaction opportunities. Through knowledge of these levels of interaction we will be able to utilize the "space-folding" that we are perfectly capable of doing.

The basis of this information is presented in Bruce Wydner's book, "The Fastest Way to Learn Spanish is to See 'IT.'" The "IT" is God and the fundamentals in that language program show how all levels of being work to create the motivation that brings success. So it could be said that the future Success and Motivation Industry is brought forward, not from some study of how to think and grow rich done by Napoleon Hill, from the musings of the success of Americanism of Ralph Waldo Emerson, or all of the later copy-cats from those earlier works, but by the Science behind Human Language Technology.

Success and Motivation Scientist standing by for Marketing Forces to come into play.

God Bless,
Darren
Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.
The principle that captures my own sense is: “Follow not in the footsteps of the masters, but rather seek what they sought.”
Greg McKeown, "Stephen R. Covey Taught Me Not to Be Like Him" July 17, 2012
https://hbr.org/2012/07/stephen-r-covey-taught-me-not

Epistemology
captain of 100

Post by Epistemology »

Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Epistemology wrote: February 26th, 2017, 9:21 am Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is
Bet you they can.