Legal Defense Insurance

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Do you believe a person needs legal defense insurance?

Poll ended at March 4th, 2017, 9:21 am

LegalShield
25%
USCCA
No votes
NRA Self-Defense Insurance
No votes
Second Call – Defender Plan
No votes
CCW Safe – Individual Plan
No votes
Other
75%

Total votes: 4
mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Legal Defense Insurance

Post by mes5464 »

Learn more about these companies here:
LegalShield
USCCA
NRA Self-Defense Insurance
Second Call – Defender Plan
CCW Safe – Individual Plan

If you have a different recommendation please post it below.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Legal Defense Insurance

Post by JohnnyL »

Thanks for that. USCCA seems to come out way ahead of the other (gun) defense plans.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

One person uses LegalShield, and three others use Other. Would anyone be willing to share about the services?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

I have legal shield. Have used it some. I got it due to a neighbor who is being a jerk about property lines and water rights. Just getting the legal question I have had over this issue answered would have cost quite a bit. Which is just part of the 30$ a month service.
My uncle turned me onto it and uses there service for a lot of things.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Ezra wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:14 pm I have legal shield. Have used it some. I got it due to a neighbor who is being a jerk about property lines and water rights.
Shouldn't you just give your neighbor the land and the water? Isn't that what you've been saying Jesus would do on the other thread? Do you think people lawyered-up in the City of Enoch? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm honestly curious.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

shadow wrote: March 29th, 2017, 11:02 pm
Ezra wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:14 pm I have legal shield. Have used it some. I got it due to a neighbor who is being a jerk about property lines and water rights.
Shouldn't you just give your neighbor the land and the water? Isn't that what you've been saying Jesus would do on the other thread? Do you think people lawyered-up in the City of Enoch? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm honestly curious.
I've turned the other cheek many times already with the neighbor. I've done as instructed by the scriptures. Still have to do my due diligence.

The lord isn't going to save someone who didn't do their part. Get food storage no go into debt. Not have a way of self defense.

I felt legal shield would help at the very least to protect me and my family in the case that the neighbors decided to sue me for what ever crazy reason people sue for these days.

I have a water right and easement to access water from their property. They have locked the gates. And yet still use part of my property without an easement.

This is a land trust that is doing this by the way. And it seems god is stepping in. The revisanary rights holder to the trust have very recently decided to kick out the current land Stewart who has been the problem. And replace them with. Me. They have been impressed with all I have been able to accomplish on my property in short time I have owned it.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Ezra wrote: March 30th, 2017, 9:42 am Still have to do my due diligence.

The lord isn't going to save someone who didn't do their part.
I don't disagree with this, but still, it's just a little dirt and some water. I admire you standing up for yourself and I won't judge you negatively for doing it, but I still find it at odds with how you've judged the missionary who stood up for himself and those around him by denying the thug from stealing the property of others. It appears there's a double standard. I'm not sure you really turned the other cheek with your neighbor because you ended up with your dirt and access to your water. With the missionary, if he turned the other cheek in the same way you say you did he would've lost his property for good. So to hold yourself to the same standard you say the missionary missed, your neighbor would have more land and you wouldn't have access to some of your water. right? But again, I'm glad you stood up for yourself and held on to your property but I'm also glad the missionary did what he did, which is basically what you did :ymapplause:

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

shadow wrote: March 30th, 2017, 10:33 am
Ezra wrote: March 30th, 2017, 9:42 am Still have to do my due diligence.

The lord isn't going to save someone who didn't do their part.
I don't disagree with this, but still, it's just a little dirt and some water. I admire you standing up for yourself and I won't judge you negatively for doing it, but I still find it at odds with how you've judged the missionary who stood up for himself and those around him by denying the thug from stealing the property of others. It appears there's a double standard. I'm not sure you really turned the other cheek with your neighbor because you ended up with your dirt and access to your water. With the missionary, if he turned the other cheek in the same way you say you did he would've lost his property for good. So to hold yourself to the same standard you say the missionary missed, your neighbor would have more land and you wouldn't have access to some of your water. right? But again, I'm glad you stood up for yourself and held on to your property but I'm also glad the missionary did what he did, which is basically what you did :ymapplause:
I think you misunderstood my complaint about the missionary.

For one it's not smart to bring a knife to a gun fight. It's even worse to bring fists. Still I don't fault him for doing what he did. It's his choice. It wasn't a smart one. As you can tell he's not a trained fighter. He got lucky. And I'm glad he did.

My biggest complaint is that he missed an opportunity to teach. When your in difficult situations like that. They are wonderful teaching opportunitys. I know from experience And that's what my gut tells me about that situation.

But regardless that wasn't his choice and so be it. Not a big deal. Personally from my experience working with troubled teens in the wilderness camp that I have worked for for 15 years now. Is that turning the other cheek works so much better for breaking down walls to create teaching opportunities then doing the typical human fight or flight reaction.

The reaction of quite a few people being happy about the violence that a representative of the church and god did is pretty sad in my book. I feel the same way about the support the troops junk.

I have no problem supporting them if they are doing Gods will. But tell our country has Gods will in mind. Follows the instructions god has given concerning war in d&c 98. You can be safe to bet that our troops serve someone eles.