Warned, Restricted, Banned - LDSFF Standards Enforcement

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Warned, Restricted, Banned - LDSFF Standards Enforcement

Post by AI2.0 »

Kitkat wrote:
BrianM wrote:As I mentioned above, I appreciate having a diversity of thoughts being expressed here, I don't think we all need to agree with each other, but it at least needs to be done within the scope of the forum rules. If you don't agree with the forum rules you're welcome to discuss that with me and offer suggestions, and sometimes the rules might change but please follow whatever rules are currently in place.
Suggestion. :ymblushing:

Adhere to your own forum rules when it comes to potentially banning members. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1800" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Joseph Smith said: "I did not like the old man being called up for erring in doctrine. It looks too much like the Methodist, and not like the Latter-day Saints. Methodists have creeds which a man must believe or be asked out of their church. I want the liberty of thinking and believing as I please. It feels so good not to be trammeled. It does not prove that a man is not a good man because he errs in doctrine." (DHC 5: 340.)

We understand from D&C 121 that "Influence can or ought to be maintained by... persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned; by kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile..."

Again, discussion of almost all topics is welcome, we're not all always going to agree with each other on every point of doctrine/belief, but there is a difference between discussing opinions, beliefs, doctrine, etc and coming here with an agenda to promote ideas and doctrine that are anti-mormon, apostate, and/or contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are here to learn - great!

I realize some of the rules are subjective to the personal opinions of the site administrator and moderator's; we will do our best to judge such matters according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Also keep in mind that not everything that someone might label "speaking evil of the lord's anointed" is actually evil speaking. I think some people tend to misapply it. Discussing something that concerns you is not necessarily evil speaking. Also, the "truth" cannot ever be "evil."
It might be an eye opening experience for you to look at some of your husband's posts on this forum, and maybe you'll be able to see why he was banned.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=42814

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=43300&p=738263#p738263

I think it shows clearly that the forum did not bring out his best side, he became very trollish in his responses and seemed to obsess about certain posters.

Kitkat, if you want to help him, then help him be honest with himself and admit that Brian's decision was right. BofM was unraveling before our eyes--these two posts I linked to show it clearly, and if you want to see more, just look at his posting record. Posting inflammatory things designed to stir up a hornet's nest is clearly not what the forum is for. If he enjoyed this type of participation, then I think it's obvious this isn't the right kind of forum for him. Also, his participation was often disruptive and he would steer threads into a tangent where he would become the focus of the discussion.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

AI2.0 wrote:
Kitkat wrote:
BrianM wrote:As I mentioned above, I appreciate having a diversity of thoughts being expressed here, I don't think we all need to agree with each other, but it at least needs to be done within the scope of the forum rules. If you don't agree with the forum rules you're welcome to discuss that with me and offer suggestions, and sometimes the rules might change but please follow whatever rules are currently in place.

Joseph Smith said: "I did not like the old man being called up for erring in doctrine. It looks too much like the Methodist, and not like the Latter-day Saints. Methodists have creeds which a man must believe or be asked out of their church. I want the liberty of thinking and believing as I please. It feels so good not to be trammeled. It does not prove that a man is not a good man because he errs in doctrine." (DHC 5: 340.)

We understand from D&C 121 that "Influence can or ought to be maintained by... persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned; by kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile..."

Again, discussion of almost all topics is welcome, we're not all always going to agree with each other on every point of doctrine/belief, but there is a difference between discussing opinions, beliefs, doctrine, etc and coming here with an agenda to promote ideas and doctrine that are anti-mormon, apostate, and/or contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are here to learn - great!

I realize some of the rules are subjective to the personal opinions of the site administrator and moderator's; we will do our best to judge such matters according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Also keep in mind that not everything that someone might label "speaking evil of the lord's anointed" is actually evil speaking. I think some people tend to misapply it. Discussing something that concerns you is not necessarily evil speaking. Also, the "truth" cannot ever be "evil."
It might be an eye opening experience for you to look at some of your husband's posts on this forum, and maybe you'll be able to see why he was banned.

I think it shows clearly that the forum did not bring out his best side, he became very trollish in his responses and seemed to obsess about certain posters.

Kitkat, if you want to help him, then help him be honest with himself and admit that Brian's decision was right. BofM was unraveling before our eyes--these two posts I linked to show it clearly, and if you want to see more, just look at his posting record. Posting inflammatory things designed to stir up a hornet's nest is clearly not what the forum is for. If he enjoyed this type of participation, then I think it's obvious this isn't the right kind of forum for him. Also, his participation was often disruptive and he would steer threads into a tangent where he would become the focus of the discussion.

Thanks for posting those old topic threads AI2. I forgot how much fun it was to have Mohonri Moriancomer in the mix. I frankly miss the guy. I will ask Sybil if we can bring him back on board. Since the polygamist left the building things have gotten stale. I say bring it!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Kitkat wrote:

Brian says that he will do his best to judge such matters according to the gospel of Jesus Christ. That is all any of us can do. I believe that Brian is doing that. He is mortal like the rest of us. He deserves the same degree of latitude that any of us would like when we do things others believe are mistakes.

In the Book of Mormon, there are two stories given to us side by side that when compared to each other are instructive to us when we feel we are being treated badly. They are the stories of the people of King Limhi and the people of Alma. Both groups of people faced the same circumstances. They were both enslaved by the Lamanites and driven about like animals. The people of King Limhi tried to fight their way free. The result was they lost most of their men and they had little support from the Lord. They were able to escape but had to devise and execute their plan themselves after a period of intense suffering.

The people of Alma surrendered to the Lamanites and submitted to the bad treatment. The only way they put up a fight was to cry to the Lord and even that right was taken from them. They had guards placed over them to stop them from praying. But the guards had no power over the cries of their hearts and so they continued to cry to the Lord in their hearts. Their lives were all spared. Eventually, the Lord made their burdens light and then finally the Lord provided the way for them to escape. They had to do nothing to escape except gather their flocks and walk away; the Lord took care of the rest.

No one here has had heavy burdens placed on them or been driven about like animals by Brian or any of the moderators. No one has as great cause to cry foul as King Limhi's people or Alma's people. Still, many feel they have been treated badly. But if so, perhaps these two stories can give instruction on how to best handle the situation. The people in the story who turned the other cheek, very literally, were the ones who had the Lord fight their battle for them. If we want the same blessing, I expect we would need to follow their example. If we choose instead to fight and find ourselves defeated again and again, perhaps we can understand why by looking at King Limhi's people.

You might wonder why these two groups of people suffered almost exactly the same things. The answer to that is in Mosiah 12:
1 And it came to pass that after the space of two years that Abinadi came among them in disguise, that they knew him not, and began to prophesy among them, saying: Thus has the Lord commanded me, saying—Abinadi, go and prophesy unto this my people, for they have hardened their hearts against my words; they have repented not of their evil doings; therefore, I will visit them in my anger, yea, in my fierce anger will I visit them in their iniquities and abominations.

2 Yea, wo be unto this generation! And the Lord said unto me: Stretch forth thy hand and prophesy, saying: Thus saith the Lord, it shall come to pass that this generation, because of their iniquities, shall be brought into bondage, and shall be smitten on the cheek; yea, and shall be driven by men, and shall be slain; and the vultures of the air, and the dogs, yea, and the wild beasts, shall devour their flesh.

3 And it shall come to pass that the life of king Noah shall be valued even as a garment in a hot furnace; for he shall know that I am the Lord.

4 And it shall come to pass that I will smite this my people with sore afflictions, yea, with famine and with pestilence; and I will cause that they shall howl all the day long.

5 Yea, and I will cause that they shall have burdens lashed upon their backs; and they shall be driven before like a dumb @#$.

6 And it shall come to pass that I will send forth hail among them, and it shall smite them; and they shall also be smitten with the east wind; and insects shall pester their land also, and devour their grain.

7 And they shall be smitten with a great pestilence—and all this will I do because of their iniquities and abominations.

8 And it shall come to pass that except they repent I will utterly destroy them from off the face of the earth; yet they shall leave a record behind them, and I will preserve them for other nations which shall possess the land; yea, even this will I do that I may discover the abominations of this people to other nations. And many things did Abinadi prophesy against this people.
Both groups of people were under this condemnation because they had all refused to repent when the Lord initially called them to repentance. After Abinadi was killed, the two groups separated but they were still both required to suffer the things prophesied by Abinadi.

It is never comfortable to accept the possibility that it is yourself, not others, who is in need of repentance. The people of King Limhi refused to accept that the punishments they were subjected to were fair and so they suffered much worse than Alma's people who simply submitted and looked to the Lord. If we want to enjoy the blessings of Alma's people, we ought to submit to the "injustices" we are called to endure. You might find if you do that the Lord will reveal to you that it was you who were in the wrong all along.

This point applies to Jared, but it is not aimed at him. It is aimed at all my friends who I love and care about. These are the lessons I'm learning right now. I was one of King Limhi's people but my heart is being softened. Perhaps a few others will benefit from the things that the Lord has helped me see in the Book of Mormon.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Meili wrote:You might wonder why these two groups of people suffered almost exactly the same things. The answer to that is in Mosiah 12:
1 And it came to pass that after the space of two years that Abinadi came among them in disguise, that they knew him not, and began to prophesy among them, saying: Thus has the Lord commanded me, saying—Abinadi, go and prophesy unto this my people, for they have hardened their hearts against my words; they have repented not of their evil doings; therefore, I will visit them in my anger, yea, in my fierce anger will I visit them in their iniquities and abominations.

2 Yea, wo be unto this generation! And the Lord said unto me: Stretch forth thy hand and prophesy, saying: Thus saith the Lord, it shall come to pass that this generation, because of their iniquities, shall be brought into bondage, and shall be smitten on the cheek; yea, and shall be driven by men, and shall be slain; and the vultures of the air, and the dogs, yea, and the wild beasts, shall devour their flesh.

3 And it shall come to pass that the life of king Noah shall be valued even as a garment in a hot furnace; for he shall know that I am the Lord.

4 And it shall come to pass that I will smite this my people with sore afflictions, yea, with famine and with pestilence; and I will cause that they shall howl all the day long.

5 Yea, and I will cause that they shall have burdens lashed upon their backs; and they shall be driven before like a dumb donkey.
Must be the filters on here because my scriptures don't say dumb donkey. :-B

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

AI2.0 wrote:

8-|

Coming from you. Right.

If you go read those posts you lovingly posted, you'll see a few people who my husband called out for anonymous bullying.

You seem to be right there with them all too often.

Two birds of a feather. Ignore function is useful after all.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I just had a thought, Kitkat is usually quite reasonable, is this BOM responding to the posts?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

shadow wrote:
Jules wrote:I love visiting your living room Brian :-)

Hey Marc!
I have it on video so it must be true.
Jules visits Brian and his friends-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM8sIVzvOlw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih6Qfa8Wd4w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

marc wrote:
Meili wrote:You might wonder why these two groups of people suffered almost exactly the same things. The answer to that is in Mosiah 12:

5 Yea, and I will cause that they shall have burdens lashed upon their backs; and they shall be driven before like a dumb donkey.
Must be the filters on here because my scriptures don't say dumb donkey. :-B
:)) Dang. Forgot my dollar signs.

Zion2080
captain of 100

Post by Zion2080 »

BrianM wrote:It was suggested that I post this information as a way to show that the LDSFF rules are enforced. Keep in mind that the forum admin/moderators don't see all posts and we rely on others to report inappropriate posts. Even just recently several have received warnings, some users have been restricted to "Outer Darkness" (Amonhi, rewcox, Daryl, Rachael) and others have been banned (jwharton, Jordosaurus). There are currently a total of 37 people restricted to the "Outer Darkness" sub-forum.

Many of you know that I've been very tolerant of a wide range of views. I appreciate having a diversity of thoughts being expressed here. However, I've found that there has to be some lines drawn in order to continue to distinguish this pro-Mormon forum from the anti-Mormon/ex-Mormon forums out there. And therefore certain rules are necessary. I would like to preserve LDSFF as a pro-LDS/Mormon forum that allows for friendly discussion of what some view as controversial or non-mainstream topics. From the very beginning of LDSFF it was created as a way to discuss things like secret combinations and other political/religious conversation that is not tolerated on other pro-LDS discussion forums.

Quoting from the forum rules:
This is a forum for discussions of the principles of Liberty and the many topics encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, which embraces all truth. All are welcome who can engage in such discussions civilly and respectfully, within the guidelines presented below.

What this forum is not. It is not an anti-Mormon/anti-LDS forum, not a Denver Snuffer forum, not a forum for any ‘remnant’ or LDS offshoot communities/movements/groups, not a RLDS or FLDS forum, and not a forum for being bitter, critical, or accusatory towards LDS Church leaders.

Read more...
If you feel like some users continue to get away with repeated forum rules violations, please report the offending posts.

i have seen some weird stuff in my forum discussions before. Crazy people!