Warned, Restricted, Banned - LDSFF Standards Enforcement

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
creator
(of the Forum)

Warned, Restricted, Banned - LDSFF Standards Enforcement

Post by creator »

It was suggested that I post this information as a way to show that the LDSFF rules are enforced. Keep in mind that the forum admin/moderators don't see all posts and we rely on others to report inappropriate posts. Even just recently several have received warnings, some users have been restricted to "Outer Darkness" (Amonhi, rewcox, Daryl, Rachael) and others have been banned (jwharton, Jordosaurus). There are currently a total of 37 people restricted to the "Outer Darkness" sub-forum.

Many of you know that I've been very tolerant of a wide range of views. I appreciate having a diversity of thoughts being expressed here. However, I've found that there has to be some lines drawn in order to continue to distinguish this pro-Mormon forum from the anti-Mormon/ex-Mormon forums out there. And therefore certain rules are necessary. I would like to preserve LDSFF as a pro-LDS/Mormon forum that allows for friendly discussion of what some view as controversial or non-mainstream topics. From the very beginning of LDSFF it was created as a way to discuss things like secret combinations and other political/religious conversation that is not tolerated on other pro-LDS discussion forums.

Quoting from the forum rules:
This is a forum for discussions of the principles of Liberty and the many topics encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, which embraces all truth. All are welcome who can engage in such discussions civilly and respectfully, within the guidelines presented below.

What this forum is not. It is not an anti-Mormon/anti-LDS forum, not a Denver Snuffer forum, not a forum for any ‘remnant’ or LDS offshoot communities/movements/groups, not a RLDS or FLDS forum, and not a forum for being bitter, critical, or accusatory towards LDS Church leaders.

Read more...
If you feel like some users continue to get away with repeated forum rules violations, please report the offending posts.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: Warned, Restricted, Banned - LDSFF Standards Enforcement

Post by oneClimbs »

It's your forum Brian, and I agree that if something exists it has boundaries and some kind of form. You created this space so you get to define the rules, if people don't like it they can go to another forum or start their own. I'll admit that I've brought up and discussed many things that don't fall in line with principles of liberty per se and are more off-topic. I'll keep that in mind when I post in the future. It is tempting to want to discuss other subjects with like-minded people and there are several sub-forums that do cater to other subjects, but we should respect the space and its intended purpose. Just as we seek to do the same with this nation and its purpose and ideals.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

5tev3 wrote:..I'll admit that I've brought up and discussed many things that don't fall in line with principles of liberty per se and are more off-topic. I'll keep that in mind when I post in the future. It is tempting to want to discuss other subjects with like-minded people...
I don't mind off-topic discussion. The biggest problem I've seen on the forum is not related to what is being discussed it's more so about how people treat each other. Almost any topic is welcome and open for discussion here. There are very few topics I would say do not belong here.

"This is a forum for discussions of the principles of Liberty and the many topics encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, which embraces all truth."

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

So what was my warning for Brian? You won't answer my PM's so I'll ask out here.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

mirkwood wrote:So what was my warning for Brian? You won't answer my PM's so I'll ask out here.
Your warning included the explanation. Your comment towards jwharton (Mirkwood said: "I think you have an extreme desire for multiple wives.") was inappropriate. That's it.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

How was expressing my opinion, based on multiple statements by jwharton, inappropriate?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I appreciate this forum. There are a couple of allegedly LDS forums that get all gushy for people of different faiths coming in and telling members why they might like a new way of living, and allow outright atheists to attack LDS views. They also are made up of what one could call New World Order Mormons and reserve their greatest hostility towards conservative Mormons. Then there are the more obvious anti-Mormon forums, one of which is more tolerant of conservative Mormons than the allegedly LDS forums. So overall, like Goldilocks said, "This is just right."

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thought I'd drop in and see what's new. Looks like Brian has a new avatar.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

I love visiting your living room Brian :-)

Hey Marc!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Hi Jules! Hi Marc! It's good to hear from you.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Brian your avatar reminded me of the alien language in "Arrival"

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

5tev3 wrote:Brian your avatar reminded me of the alien language in "Arrival"
I'm getting ready to watch that tonight :D

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I liked that movie, but that's not what this symbol (my avatar) is from.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

BrianM wrote:I liked that movie, but that's not what this symbol (my avatar) is from.
Perhaps by a Japanese artist?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BrianM wrote:I liked that movie, but that's not what this symbol (my avatar) is from.

Looks like something being spun up in a centrifuge; are you enriching uranium in your basement? :ymdevil:

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Jules wrote:I love visiting your living room Brian :-)

Hey Marc!
I have it on video so it must be true.
Jules visits Brian and his friends-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM8sIVzvOlw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I know, I saw it on my phone at a small size and that was the first thing that popped in my head until I saw a larger version of it.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

BrianM wrote:
5tev3 wrote:..I'll admit that I've brought up and discussed many things that don't fall in line with principles of liberty per se and are more off-topic. I'll keep that in mind when I post in the future. It is tempting to want to discuss other subjects with like-minded people...
I don't mind off-topic discussion. The biggest problem I've seen on the forum is not related to what is being discussed it's more so about how people treat each other. Almost any topic is welcome and open for discussion here. There are very few topics I would say do not belong here.

"This is a forum for discussions of the principles of Liberty and the many topics encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, which embraces all truth."
Curious why shadow was not banned or put in outer darkness, as he has not treated people, in particular my husband with much respect let alone love (he is on my ignore list for a reason).

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Kitkat wrote:
BrianM wrote:

Curious why shadow was not banned or put in outer darkness, as he has not treated people, in particular my husband with much respect let alone love (he is on my ignore list for a reason).
Is your husband even participating on the forum recently? I think it is opening a big can of worms if people start calling for retroactive bannings for past offenses.

I also don't think we want to encourage a 'purge' on the forum. Better to hope that no more banishments/bannings are necessary for the rest of us to better follow the rules.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Kitkat wrote:Curious why shadow was not banned or put in outer darkness, as he has not treated people, in particular my husband with much respect let alone love (he is on my ignore list for a reason).
Shadow was banned at one point, for over a year. Since he's been back, I haven't seen any reports of his posts that would warrant another banning.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

AI2.0 wrote:
Kitkat wrote:
BrianM wrote:

Is your husband even participating on the forum recently? I think it is opening a big can of worms if people start calling for retroactive bannings for past offenses.

I also don't think we want to encourage a 'purge' on the forum. Better to hope that no more banishments/bannings are necessary for the rest of us to better follow the rules.
He was permanently banned by who knows, we sure don't - he would love to continue to participate on this forum, but feels he is not welcome by most here - we have only to guess his banning was due if not entirely, in great part by shadow complaining about him stating he was a "coward" for being anonymous and feeling free to falsely assume and use my Hubby's name freely in false lights as he pleased.

Perhaps "coward" is an understatement still to this member shadow.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

BrianM wrote:It was suggested that I post this information as a way to show that the LDSFF rules are enforced. Keep in mind that the forum admin/moderators don't see all posts and we rely on others to report inappropriate posts. Even just recently several have received warnings, some users have been restricted to "Outer Darkness" (Amonhi, rewcox, Daryl, Rachael) and others have been banned (jwharton, Jordosaurus). There are currently a total of 37 people restricted to the "Outer Darkness" sub-forum.

Many of you know that I've been very tolerant of a wide range of views. I appreciate having a diversity of thoughts being expressed here. However, I've found that there has to be some lines drawn in order to continue to distinguish this pro-Mormon forum from the anti-Mormon/ex-Mormon forums out there. And therefore certain rules are necessary. I would like to preserve LDSFF as a pro-LDS/Mormon forum that allows for friendly discussion of what some view as controversial or non-mainstream topics. From the very beginning of LDSFF it was created as a way to discuss things like secret combinations and other political/religious conversation that is not tolerated on other pro-LDS discussion forums.

Quoting from the forum rules:
This is a forum for discussions of the principles of Liberty and the many topics encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, which embraces all truth. All are welcome who can engage in such discussions civilly and respectfully, within the guidelines presented below.

What this forum is not. It is not an anti-Mormon/anti-LDS forum, not a Denver Snuffer forum, not a forum for any ‘remnant’ or LDS offshoot communities/movements/groups, not a RLDS or FLDS forum, and not a forum for being bitter, critical, or accusatory towards LDS Church leaders.

Read more...
If you feel like some users continue to get away with repeated forum rules violations, please report the offending posts.
This clarifies a lot for me, Brian. It's helpful to know the motivation behind the regulations. Perhaps you could insert this explanation in the forum rules. I think it would help people get a better sense of what is allowable.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Kitkat wrote:
BrianM wrote:

I haven't been banned because I'm always ahead of the curve, no flat earth pun intended B-)
Also, I never complained about Jared, he (you) was thrust into outer darkness all on his own. Let the record show that it was Brian who contacted me regarding your husbands childish behavior and his lack of respect and love towards me :ymcowboy:

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Kitkat wrote:He was permanently banned by who knows, we sure don't - he would love to continue to participate on this forum, but feels he is not welcome by most here - we have only to guess his banning was due if not entirely, in great part by shadow complaining...
I'm not sure why he wouldn't already know it was me that banned him for continued and repeated forum rules violations. He seemed intent on promoting his own agenda without regard for the forum rules despite several warnings.

Kitkat
captain of 100

Post by Kitkat »

BrianM wrote:
Kitkat wrote:He was permanently banned by who knows, we sure don't - he would love to continue to participate on this forum, but feels he is not welcome by most here - we have only to guess his banning was due if not entirely, in great part by shadow complaining...
I'm not sure why he wouldn't already know it was me that banned him for continued and repeated forum rules violations. He seemed intent on promoting his own agenda without regard for the forum rules despite several warnings.
What "agenda" did you see he was promoting?