Is feminism turning men gay?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Obrien
Up, up and away.

Re: Is feminism turning men gay?

Post by Obrien »

RocknRoll wrote:
Obrien wrote:In answer to the OP - no, feminism is not turning men gay. Men have been choosing to be gay for a long time before there was "feminism".
Choosing?
Yes, at some point or another. After awhile habit takes over, and it's no longer a choice.

I'm not gay, so I assume they're "made" the same way I am - I prefer to eat too much, not exercise enough, drink too much soda and swear too often. All these preferences are ingrained vices I could change, if I had the desire to do so. I choose not to, so they remain my vices. Just like everyone else and their chosen vice(s).

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

Dont blame feminism on this. This is pure last day, Satan pull out all the stops, turn things on their head times.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

2 Timothy 3:1-5
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

2 Peter 2:1
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,

2 Timothy 3:1-4
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

2 Timothy 3:1-17
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. ...

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Obrien wrote:
RocknRoll wrote:
Obrien wrote:In answer to the OP - no, feminism is not turning men gay. Men have been choosing to be gay for a long time before there was "feminism".
Choosing?
Yes, at some point or another. After awhile habit takes over, and it's no longer a choice.

I'm not gay, so I assume they're "made" the same way I am - I prefer to eat too much, not exercise enough, drink too much soda and swear too often. All these preferences are ingrained vices I could change, if I had the desire to do so. I choose not to, so they remain my vices. Just like everyone else and their chosen vice(s).
In the same way sexuality is something that is progamable in our brains. We can change that thinking. I've changed my thinking.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Are gay men turning to feminism?

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

freedomforall wrote:Are gay men turning to feminism?

Not all of them lol

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

Obrien wrote:
RocknRoll wrote:
Choosing?

So, when did you choose to be straight?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

RocknRoll wrote:
Obrien wrote:
RocknRoll wrote:
Choosing?

When were you given the ability to choose anything? You know, agency?

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

Lizzy60 wrote:
So, you’re saying that because we are given agency, we can somehow choose our own sexuality? I don’t remember choosing to be straight, do you? If so, I’d sure like to hear that story. I agree that because of agency, we can choose whether or not to participate in certain acts, but “choosing to be gay”? Nope, sorry but that is a trait that is inborn. Even the church doesn’t support the “choose to be gay” rhetoric any longer. Don’t believe me? Check https://mormonandgay.lds.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

So when did you choose to come to Earth, rather than following Lucifer?
WHEN did you begin to exercise your agency?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Are gay feminists turning into men?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Lizzy60 wrote:So when did you choose to come to Earth, rather than following Lucifer?
WHEN did you begin to exercise your agency?
I have to interject here if I may.

When did you choose to come to Earth? Some time before birth as a mortal.

WHEN did you begin to exercise your agency? When I chose not to follow Lucifer, whenever that was.

Works for me! :-?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

freedomforall wrote:Are gay feminists turning into men?
Some are. Keep up with the times.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

RocknRoll wrote:
Lizzy60 wrote:
So, you’re saying that because we are given agency, we can somehow choose our own sexuality? I don’t remember choosing to be straight, do you? If so, I’d sure like to hear that story. I agree that because of agency, we can choose whether or not to participate in certain acts, but “choosing to be gay”? Nope, sorry but that is a trait that is inborn. Even the church doesn’t support the “choose to be gay” rhetoric any longer. Don’t believe me? Check https://mormonandgay.lds.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
What may disturb people on both sides of the debate is that sexuality is quite fluid. It is society that places labels and categorizes people. So when is someone gay, or bi, when they act on it? What if a woman has thoughts about another woman, is she gay or bi? What if a man in prison links up with another man for a couple of years of his sentence? I believe this is why the scriptures speak of behaviors, not inclinations. Maybe the false notion that thoughts are measured against you as if you actually participated in a particular action contributes to our believing that orientation is something that is set. By the way, I believe that we have to keep control of our thoughts, but obviously there is a big difference between action and cognition.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Fiannan wrote:
freedomforall wrote:Are gay feminists turning into men?
Some are. Keep up with the times.
I think I'm way ahead of the times. Some people do not think outside the box.

You see, if a man wants to marry several wives but wants to keep the law off his back, all he has to do is to find a woman, a real feminist with multiple personalities. And because she has multiple personalities each one can be a lesbian as well. So the husband can love them and they can love him and each other, too. It's a win-win. Now if the husband loses all control and then, at some future time decides he wants to be gay, all he has to do is to ask one of the wives to become a man. The problem with it all is if the husband turns into a feminist also. Then there most assuredly, at some point, going to be turmoil and chaos in the family due to one of the wives becoming rebellious. However, I suppose the husband can always divorce the trouble making wife, leaving the rest of the family to cohabitate in peace. :-B
Last edited by freedomforall on February 26th, 2017, 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

RocknRoll wrote: February 24th, 2017, 5:06 pm .... but “choosing to be gay”? Nope, sorry but that is a trait that is inborn.
Are you sure? Why?

My experience is that I think I had a choice. Unless I misunderstand, Ezra is also a witness to this. For a third witness, you can turn to Milo... yeah the guy with the shocking comments about pedophilia, and man he's a mess. But:

“When the left tells you that people were ‘born this way,’ that was an invention. They came up with that in the 90s and the 80s to get at the religious right who were saying love the sinner but hate the sin, so the gay lobby thought, ‘Well what if we’re like women or blacks, what if we don’t have a choice? That makes them bigots,'” Milo claimed. “So they came up with this born this way thing, which really has no basis in science at all. All the science suggests that its a mixture of nature and nurture.”

AND

“Most of the reason I went gay is so I didn’t have to deal with nutty broads."

AND (I'll have to paraphrase because I don't have a transcript or the time to watch the video again:

"Men choose to be gay to be naughty... it can be a way of rebelling against parents etc."

So anyway, his opinion, based on himself and no doubt people he knows, is that the concept of inborn is baseless. Yet he is now gay and says he can't change it.

So, three witnesses. Ya gotta at least let that give you pause.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

RocknRoll wrote: February 24th, 2017, 3:45 pm
Obrien wrote:
RocknRoll wrote:
Choosing?

Every day. It's just an easy choice. I fail on the swearing choice every day. I'm not perfect.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

RocknRoll wrote: February 24th, 2017, 5:06 pm
Lizzy60 wrote:
The recent church does not support the church's previous position on gays. Don't believe me? Read miracle of forgiveness by Spencer Kimball. His position was certainly the church's position up until very recently.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Obrien wrote: February 26th, 2017, 12:32 pm
Lizzy60 wrote:
The recent church does not support the church's previous position on gays. Don't believe me? Read miracle of forgiveness by Spencer Kimball. His position was certainly the church's position up until very recently.
Here is a video on the subject. Very informative.

https://mormonandgay.lds.org/

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

Lizzy60 wrote:
I’ve read Miracle of Forgiveness. It was written before Spencer W. Kimball was a prophet. Most of it is very good, but some parts are harmful and some have been proven absolutely false. Why do you think it is no longer in publication? So, you’re one of those who believe past leaders over present? To each their own I guess. You probably subscribe to the Adam-God theory of BY and believe man has never set foot on the moon because JSF said “We will never get a man into space”.

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

Obrien wrote: February 26th, 2017, 12:25 pm
Obrien wrote:
RocknRoll wrote:
Choosing?

Every day. It's just an easy choice. I fail on the swearing choice every day. I'm not perfect.
So, every day you wake up and make a conscious decision to not be gay that day? Riiight. I guess you consciously decide to breathe that day as well?

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

braingrunt wrote: February 25th, 2017, 8:37 pm
RocknRoll wrote: February 24th, 2017, 5:06 pm .... but “choosing to be gay”? Nope, sorry but that is a trait that is inborn.
Are you sure? Why?

My experience is that I think I had a choice. Unless I misunderstand, Ezra is also a witness to this. For a third witness, you can turn to Milo... yeah the guy with the shocking comments about pedophilia, and man he's a mess. But:

“When the left tells you that people were ‘born this way,’ that was an invention. They came up with that in the 90s and the 80s to get at the religious right who were saying love the sinner but hate the sin, so the gay lobby thought, ‘Well what if we’re like women or blacks, what if we don’t have a choice? That makes them bigots,'” Milo claimed. “So they came up with this born this way thing, which really has no basis in science at all. All the science suggests that its a mixture of nature and nurture.”

AND

“Most of the reason I went gay is so I didn’t have to deal with nutty broads."

AND (I'll have to paraphrase because I don't have a transcript or the time to watch the video again:

"Men choose to be gay to be naughty... it can be a way of rebelling against parents etc."

So anyway, his opinion, based on himself and no doubt people he knows, is that the concept of inborn is baseless. Yet he is now gay and says he can't change it.

So, three witnesses. Ya gotta at least let that give you pause.
Yes, I’m sure. This is why…one of my three sons is gay. I raised him the same as the other two. We noticed a difference in him from a very early age. He tried everything he could to “not be gay”. He dated girls, he fasted and prayed, I gave him blessings. I held him in my arms one night as he pleaded with me, with tears running down his face, to “please take this away!” He absolutely DID NOT want to be gay. But he was. He was born that way. He has two uncles and a great uncle who are gay (notice a pattern here? Genetic maybe?) One uncle came off his mission and was sent to “reparation therapy” at BYU where they used shock treatment to help “get rid of the gay”. Didn’t work. It only made him suicidal. This same man once said to me…”Why would I choose to be gay? Why would I choose the persecution, the disgusted looks, the disappointment by my parents, and church leaders, etc.?” He absolutely did not choose to be gay. Because of these family members, my wife and I have come into contact with many LBGT individuals. NOT ONE has indicated that they chose to be gay, and I have no reason not to believe them. Could there be a few isolated cased? Of course. But that is not the norm as far as I’ve seen, and main stream science agrees with me.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

RocknRoll wrote: February 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Yes, I’m sure. This is why…one of my three sons is gay. I raised him the same as the other two. We noticed a difference in him from a very early age. He tried everything he could to “not be gay”. He dated girls, he fasted and prayed, I gave him blessings. I held him in my arms one night as he pleaded with me, with tears running down his face, to “please take this away!” He absolutely DID NOT want to be gay. But he was. He was born that way. He has two uncles and a great uncle who are gay (notice a pattern here? Genetic maybe?) One uncle came off his mission and was sent to “reparation therapy” at BYU where they used shock treatment to help “get rid of the gay”. Didn’t work. It only made him suicidal. This same man once said to me…”Why would I choose to be gay? Why would I choose the persecution, the disgusted looks, the disappointment by my parents, and church leaders, etc.?” He absolutely did not choose to be gay. Because of these family members, my wife and I have come into contact with many LBGT individuals. NOT ONE has indicated that they chose to be gay, and I have no reason not to believe them. Could there be a few isolated cased? Of course. But that is not the norm as far as I’ve seen, and main stream science agrees with me.
https://socialinqueery.com/2013/03/18/n ... asons-why/
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/08/23 ... ansgender/

Science is starting to abandoning you. Even gays are starting to abandon you; that first link is from a gay site.
As Gays reach full acceptance, they, in increasing numbers, no longer need the false crutch, and can think more objectively about what happened to them.
I also saw another article with mainstream credentials a while ago, I no longer have the link... it was the same thing. Science is moving away from that belief. Gay people in the comments section were also saying, in a matter-of-fact way: yes, we all know things are far less black and white than the early politicized science used to say.

Your son, I can't speak to. But I'd go just the opposite of you, and say: the "born gay" if they exists, are the isolated case. I remember a quiz about "how gay are you", you know, along the lines of "which disney character are you". It had this as the opening statement, and I paraphrase: we are increasingly learning that very few people are purely gay or purely straight in their tendencies. Find out how you rate.

I'm sorry for your son's grief. Remember, I'm someone who is not totally without understanding either, with my history that I alluded to.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

RocknRoll wrote: February 27th, 2017, 1:34 pm
Obrien wrote:

So, every day you wake up and make a conscious decision to not be gay that day? Riiight. I guess you consciously decide to breathe that day as well?
No, breathing is an autonomic system - I don't have a whole lot of say about breathing. If I try to override the autonomic system, I pass out and my body takes over and starts breathing again. Where a man chooses to find his sexual outlet is a choice.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

RocknRoll wrote: February 27th, 2017, 1:30 pm
Lizzy60 wrote:
I’ve read Miracle of Forgiveness. It was written before Spencer W. Kimball was a prophet. Most of it is very good, but some parts are harmful and some have been proven absolutely false. Why do you think it is no longer in publication? So, you’re one of those who believe past leaders over present? To each their own I guess. You probably subscribe to the Adam-God theory of BY and believe man has never set foot on the moon because JSF said “We will never get a man into space”.
Please, please don't get somebody started on this topic. Several people have already been on the forum and relentlessly promoted it. Talk about disputations...profoundly active.

Join us
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Join us »

Obrien wrote: February 27th, 2017, 4:50 pm
RocknRoll wrote: February 27th, 2017, 1:34 pm

No, breathing is an autonomic system - I don't have a whole lot of say about breathing. If I try to override the autonomic system, I pass out and my body takes over and starts breathing again. Where a man chooses to find his sexual outlet is a choice.
Is true attraction really a choice at all? I always figured you are attracted to someone or not; you really don't have much say.