True Calling and Election made sure, my witness

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
cayenne
captain of 100

True Calling and Election made sure, my witness

Post by cayenne »

I am leaving my testimony to all on this forum as a "witness" of the truth, and certainly not by way of any administrative authority, for I am but an elder. What I say below is truth, and it is the only way to know God right from his first commandment. I will be leaving the forum as to pursue other things starting with what I have written below. I have much to work on, and much to learn. I am plenty a mess, and a sinner. I love you all, and I pray that we all will truly love God. I will not be reading responses to this or any other of my posts for I feel by the spirit of God it is time for me to move on to other things he would have me do.

Without arguing semantics or whatever, I hope you understand what I am getting at below.

If God came to the whole world and told everyone we are all doomed to hell, you would find practically all religion would collapse instantly. People would no longer see a personal benefit/reward for obeying God anymore. Mormonism's people as a whole would also collapse. Why pay tithing, why go to church, why be moral, why do service projects? Why hold callings? Why help the poor? etc if I am not getting some great reward when I die....screw that many would say! Many would say why should I do good if it counts for nothing! Many would say you mean I am going to hell anyway, so why be good, lets party!!!!!

Ah, BUT A FEW PEOPLE ARE RARE AND DIFFERENT......THEY WOULD SAY TO GOD THEIR CREATOR, I LOVE YOU AND WILL SERVE YOU EVEN UNTO MY SOUL BEING LOST IN HELL....THESE ARE THOSE WHO MAKE THEIR CALLINGS AND ELECTIONS SURE BECAUSE IT IS NOT ABOUT THEM, IT IS ABOUT THEIR GOD.

So if you go to God wanting to secure YOUR POSITION AND YOUR REWARD you are dead to him because it really is not about him now is it! It is about what YOU THINK TO GET OUT OF HIM!, ......and by doing so you invite the devil to give you what you selfishly want, for selfishness knows its own. This is the whole test, all of it, and few be that want it and find it.

Selfishness is the power of darkness which empowers the devils. This is the very thing the PTB use against people to enslave them with lies and debt. People's own selfishness is used against themselves. For example how many reading this choose to be in sin debt to the bank? Why? For if you loved God more than self you would want to obey him, and let him lead you out of bondage. Instead most Mormons and the world are in debt of sin, for they fore-promise to pay for something (like a house) when they have not wherewith to pay the balance thereby enslaving themselves and empowering others over them.

We can talk all day long about various doctrines on here. We can fight back and forth about whether Adam is God, or there are multiple probations in mortality, or that the church is or isn't astray, or whether polygamy is right or wrong, etc.......none of that really matters now does it if your selfish! Many want to be the "top dog" and the "great rabbi" and have people ewe and awe and their superior knowledge, again selfish. Yet many others want some man to follow and rely on them thereby pushing off their responsibility on another, again selfish. Many talk about equality yet why does it usually fail over and over in history? Because at the end of the day people do not really want their brethren's happiness over their own self. Most people want "their own" and certainly do not want their brother to have an extra crumb over themselves. Most people will justify their wealth and having more then their brethren, and by doing so they feed selfishness and empower further darkness.

The time is coming when this mess will come to a head. The Zionists, etc will be destroyed. The few will come to Zion.

Only the "few" can see out of the slavery and maze of this life for they live for another being not themselves, which in their God and creator. They live and breathe for God, they sleep, eat, work, travel, etc for their God.

Take care people, my beautiful brethren. I trust God, and if anyone on here ever needs to contact me a way will be provided some other way. I love you all so much, and I pray you will all love each other for our dear God.

What I say is true, and know so by the Father, Big things are going to happen in due time for Zion, I say these things in the name of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, the Messiah, amen.

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Re: True Calling and Election made sure, my witness

Post by 2EstablishZion »

Someone has either been studying Buddha, or they have come on their own to the same conclusions Buddha did.

The root of suffering is selfishness, self-interest, egotism.
The path to escape suffering is to first bridle and then eliminate this from our lives.

This is something me must not only learn, but practice in order to progress further. It doesn't matter if you reach the conclusion from Christ's teachings or Buddha's teachings. The truth is there in both. Christ will take us further because of the atonement, of course, but if you aren't able to get past yourself, all of the churchgoing and following the prophet is empty words.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

I believe that regarding selfishness leading to evil, it's not that simple. It's selfishness plus shortsightedness (or dare I say stupidity). By shortsighted, I don't mean today vs eternity, I mean today vs tomorrow or next month or next year. Because reality is inescapable, and evils go out and come back in all sorts of ways.

Being good, (not being saved per se) really is about improving your happiness. I think if people really could see that, then selfishness would tell them to be good (terrestrial level). Being civil is so inexpensive compared to costs of being uncivil. Being honest is so much easier on the mind. Having a family and sticking to it with kindness etc is really satisfying and leads to better societies. Etc Etc.

I have accepted that realities will not allow, in the long run, for evil to lead to happiness. So even if God told me I was going to hell, I'd say, "well, may as well make the best of the time I have here."

Or so I think, cuz why would I want to start hell early?

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

The Holy Spirit can guide us where we are at. There is a point in progression where you become willing to give your life to Jesus. You do that because of the blessing it is to know and live for Him. It actually is selfish to love Jesus and live for Him. And if you are to that point in your progression then there is a lot to be grateful for, for you have much more than the average man, you are no longer thirsty for righteousness but are filled. God bless those of us who still hunger and thirst after righteousness, and help those below us because we know what it feels like to be without that love, and we don't belittle them, but seek to help them find the love that you would die for. The love for Jesus Christ. Everybody who wants their calling an election will receive it, you just have to believe you are worthy for it. Everybody is worthy for it who believes in Christs' power. Of course, saying you believe and actually believing with your heart are 2 different things. The point is not to get mad if you are not at that point yet, but, like when Peter failed to believe enough to walk on water, we call on Jesus and He will lift us up in His due time.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

cayenne,
I am leaving my testimony to all on this forum as a "witness" of the truth, and certainly not by way of any administrative authority, for I am but an elder. What I say below is truth, and it is the only way to know God right from his first commandment. I will be leaving the forum as to pursue other things starting with what I have written below. I have much to work on, and much to learn.
I generally agree with what you said, and I wish you the best in pursuing whatever it is that you have to work on.

Regards,

George Clay

BTH&T
captain of 100

Post by BTH&T »

2EstablishZion wrote:Someone has either been studying Buddha, or they have come on their own to the same conclusions Buddha did.

The root of suffering is selfishness, self-interest, egotism.
The path to escape suffering is to first bridle and then eliminate this from our lives.

This is something me must not only learn, but practice in order to progress further. It doesn't matter if you reach the conclusion from Christ's teachings or Buddha's teachings. The truth is there in both. Christ will take us further because of the atonement, of course, but if you aren't able to get past yourself, all of the churchgoing and following the prophet is empty words.
The natural man is an enemy to God, Why?
One word answer: Selfishness

Lose yourself and humble yourself, obey God's commandments.

If it is "true" then it will always be that way, no matter how it is framed.
BUT.... There is only ONE true way to exaltation. Through Jesus Christ!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

For whosoever will save his life...

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

"It is about their God."

This reminds me of what happened with King David.

King David knew he would be going to hell because of the death of Uriah, and he knew this punishment was just. He didn't blame God for the consequences of his actions. He still had faith in the Lord, loved Him with all his heart, and strove to obey and honor the Lord until the end of his life. He took what steps he could to repent of his great sin, though total restitution for taking a life unjustly was impossible, and, miraculously, the Lord blessed him for his previous and continued love and devotion by telling him that, although he would spend time in hell for his deeds, his soul would not remain in hell forever.