It was only a matter of time....

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: It was only a matter of time....

Post by AI2.0 »

Silver Pie wrote: March 25th, 2017, 10:50 am
AI2.0 wrote: March 24th, 2017, 5:10 pm This thread was about Denver Snuffer's scriptural account of John, but he's now put out new scriptures for his followers, his versions of the Old and New Testaments, the Doctrine and Covenants (which include his revelations) and what he calls 'Pearls of Great Price'.
Actually, Denver did not put them out. Other people came up with the idea, and had done a lot of work before he became aware of them. There were two groups that contacted Denver, but he thought that it was just one group. When Denver realized that there were two groups, he made arrangements for them to meet each other, according to the friend I have who is part of the group that put them together. He did not write them nor was he the one who did the research to find out what it was that Joseph had actually written and what someone else had added or taken away. He did, however, give permission for the people to put in anything of his that they wanted to. He did not name the Pearls of Great Price. None of this was his idea.
Thanks for clarifying.

So others are responsible for these new scriptures? I assume they are all people within his Remnant movement, since it sounds like it has been tailored to his teachings, adding things and removing things that fit his views.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Silver Pie wrote: March 25th, 2017, 10:58 am
AI2.0 wrote: March 24th, 2017, 5:10 pm So it seems that Denver Snuffer is moving forward with his belief that the keys were 'wrested' from Pres. Monson and the quorum of 12 apostles and given to him. He's made major alterations to the scriptures, even including his own revelations and the only way he could do this is if he has the authority to do it. Of course he doesn't have the authority to do this, but there's no doubt now that he believes he has authority.

Will his followers in the Remnant movement finally admit that Denver Snuffer believes himself to be their 'Prophet, Seer and Revelator'?
He's definitely moving forward.

It's true that the only way he could do this is if he has the authority to do so. What's scary is what if he really does have the authority? What if God really is behind this? What if God is in the process of creating another city of peace (like Enoch's city, like Melchizedek's city) so that there will be safety when everyone is killing and tormenting each other, in the future? What if this (this period of time spanning a decade or more) call to repentance from Denver is the last one the Gentiles will have before God turns His full attention to the remnant of Lehi?

Or, maybe you are right. Maybe BrianM is right that Denver has secret plans. I dunno, but I've chosen my side and you've chosen yours. Still, I hope we can love and respect each other in spite of it. I know that when I'm reading a thread that's going back and forth between factions, I'll often read your posts because you seem to be a voice of reason. You seem to think before you write.
Thanks Silver pie and thanks for filling me in on the goings on. While I'm one who thinks he has no authority to do what he's doing, I know there are still several on the forum who do believe him and have rejected the LDS church because of his influence. I'm curious where this movement is headed and personally, I see these new scriptures as a turning point, but I appreciate you letting me know that this was spearheaded by others and not Denver Snuffer. I did not know that.

I'm curious if you know if Remnant followers now recognize Denver Snuffer as their prophet?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

AI2.0 wrote: March 25th, 2017, 1:52 pm So others are responsible for these new scriptures? I assume they are all people within his Remnant movement, since it sounds like it has been tailored to his teachings, adding things and removing things that fit his views.
Yes, they were all people in the movement. They wanted to get back to what Joseph had written. For example, the Book of Mormon is the 1840 version with very, very little correction of spelling and punctuation. The Doctrine and Covenants has the Lectures on Faith edited out, and other changes have been made, but I'm just starting to read that, so I don't know all that has been changed even though it was spelled out in the St. George conference we just had (I like the fact that it has been made available to read before anyone decides to vote yea or nay on accepting them).

As far as I know, the only thing that has been tailored to fit his views are the things specifically authored by him (the book of John that he wrote, for example, is in the Pearls of Great Price; Joseph Smith's translation of John is still in the New Testament).

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

AI2.0 wrote: March 25th, 2017, 2:00 pm Thanks Silver pie and thanks for filling me in on the goings on. While I'm one who thinks he has no authority to do what he's doing, I know there are still several on the forum who do believe him and have rejected the LDS church because of his influence. I'm curious where this movement is headed and personally, I see these new scriptures as a turning point, but I appreciate you letting me know that this was spearheaded by others and not Denver Snuffer. I did not know that.

I'm curious if you know if Remnant followers now recognize Denver Snuffer as their prophet?
I am curious as to where this movement is going to end up. And I agree with you; these scriptures are definitely a turning point.

Some call him a prophet, but most don't like to use that word. "True messenger from God" is more often used. And even within the movement, there is much discussion and argument and disagreement about things he has taught. Some move on. I expect this scripture project, even though he did not spearhead it, will cause more to leave-mostly because of the vote to consider them scriptures that is coming up this fall.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver Pie wrote: March 25th, 2017, 2:15 pm
AI2.0 wrote: March 25th, 2017, 1:52 pm So others are responsible for these new scriptures? I assume they are all people within his Remnant movement, since it sounds like it has been tailored to his teachings, adding things and removing things that fit his views.
Yes, they were all people in the movement. They wanted to get back to what Joseph had written. For example, the Book of Mormon is the 1840 version with very, very little correction of spelling and punctuation. The Doctrine and Covenants has the Lectures on Faith edited out, and other changes have been made, but I'm just starting to read that, so I don't know all that has been changed even though it was spelled out in the St. George conference we just had (I like the fact that it has been made available to read before anyone decides to vote yea or nay on accepting them).

As far as I know, the only thing that has been tailored to fit his views are the things specifically authored by him (the book of John that he wrote, for example, is in the Pearls of Great Price; Joseph Smith's translation of John is still in the New Testament).
I'm confused. Are you saying that the Doctrine and Covenants that is part of this collection does not contain the Lectures on Faith? (I guess I could go check, but I figure it might be best to clarify on the forum as well.)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

No, I'm saying the the LDS version of Doctrine and Covenants edited out the Lectures on Faith - like around the 1920s.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Oh, okay. I'm reading it right now.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

In another thread on Denver's translation of John, I posted a link to a blog post explaining the source for his translation of the first verse. Just wanted to link it here, in case someone is interested and haven't read the other thread.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

BringerOfJoy wrote: March 21st, 2017, 9:08 pm Yes, Ed, it really WAS only a matter of time. True prophets prophecy. True prophets create scripture, and the Canon grows. As President Monson quoted in a talk long ago, ”the dogs bark, but the caravan rolls on. Even a Caravan that has been stalled in the desert for a long, long time.
Actually, true prophets prophesy only when the Holy Ghost speaks to them and commands them to speak and prophesy, not on the whim of the congregation with itching ears that demand thus saith the Lord all the time.

And so, now the followers of this man have precisely what they want, a man that will prophesy to suit the demands of those who seek signs, who must have prophecy as a sign to prove to them that there is no "stall," who have no patience to wait and see what the Lord will do in his already established kingdom on his own timetable. At what cost? Well, their souls, of course. The remnant phenomenon pre-dated this man before he came along. It was just waiting there for someone to come and offer them what he is offering. He was a salesman offering people what they already wanted to buy. They wanted to hear someone tell them the type of things that this man is telling them.

Well, then, to each his own. Let every man worship according to the dictates of their conscience, and those that listen to the voice of the Lord will not follow those who are not his true servants. Those who are led astray who are not listening to the voice of the Lord will be naturally beguiled. There is always repentance and time to come back, so long as the bridegroom has not come yet. So we await and hope for the return of those who have strayed.
Last edited by EdGoble on April 3rd, 2017, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

EdGoble wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 10:45 am
BringerOfJoy wrote: March 21st, 2017, 9:08 pm Yes, Ed, it really WAS only a matter of time. True prophets prophecy. True prophets create scripture, and the Canon grows. As President Monson quoted in a talk long ago, ”the dogs bark, but the caravan rolls on. Even a Caravan that has been stalled in the desert for a long, long time.
Actually, true prophets prophesy only when the Holy Ghost speaks to them and commands them to speak and prophesy, not on the whim of the congregation with itching ears that demand thus saith the Lord all the time.

And so, now the followers of this man have precisely what they want, a man that will prophesy to suit the demands of those who seek signs, who must have prophecy as a sign to prove to them that there is no "stall," who have no patience to wait and see what the Lord will do in his already established kingdom on his own timetable. At what cost? Well, their souls, of course. The remnant phenomenon pre-dated this man before he came along. It was just waiting there for someone to come and offer them what he is offering. He was a salesman offering people what they already wanted to buy. They wanted to hear someone tell them the type of things that this man is telling them.
Spot on Ed. True Prophets call the people to repentance and invite all to turn away from Babylon and come unto Christ. General conference over the weekend was a perfect example of this stewardship responsibility. Those who dont see this have completely missed the mark.