The King gets Smacked!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

The King gets Smacked!

Post by rewcox »

Whoops! Trumps immigration ban planned was stopped by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Trump and his Trumpies will claim liberal bias. So on to the Supreme Court.

Help the Boy out, buy some Ivanker stuff.

Travel Ban on Hold

Different
captain of 100

Re: The King gets Smacked!

Post by Different »

rewcox wrote:Whoops! Trumps immigration ban planned was stopped by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Travel Ban on Hold

The court is pretty biast considering its over 80% liberal. On the other hand, what Trump is doing is completely legal. So, In all honesty what the courts did was illegal. Those are unbiast facts^^.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

The 9th circuit court of appeals is the court with the most decisions overturned by the Supreme Court, so a decision from them doesn't mean a whole lot.
And, unfortunately, due to the vacancy on the Supreme Court and several sitting justices placing loyalty to partisanship above loyalty to the Constitution, if this does go to that court soon we are likely to see a 4-4 split.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

This is one of the most appalling examples of judicial activism we have seen in a long time. I don't particularly care for the EO for various reasons, but it is clear to me that the president had the authority to issue the EO and it was entirely legal and constitutional.

1. The president clearly has the power to issue this EO via the 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act https://www.uscis.gov/laws/immigration- ... nality-act" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.
2. It is clearly constitutional as potential immigrants have no constitutional protections. The only part of the EO that was unconstitutional was w/ regards to green card holders who have due process rights. However, that was not cause to stop the entire EO and was not actually stated as part of the courts reasoning.

3. The states of WA and MN cannot have standing in this issue. They have not been harmed in any way. The lawsuit should have been dismissed immediately. The court determined that the potential loss of immigrants was an irreparable harm to the states which is ludicrous. By this reasoning, almost no one could ever be denied entry into the USA as the potential loss could harm a state.

This is simply a terrible decision. I would expect all people to recognize this. The court did not hold these same standards to previous presidents. In fact, courts have uniformly found that the judiciary should stay out of these matters as they are the business of the executive and legislative branches.

The 9th circuit just changed the definitions of what constitutes standing and harm. They just gave constitutional due process rights to all humans living in the world, not just US citizens and invited guests. They just usurped authority to regulate immigration from the exec and leg branches of government.

And rewcox is happy. Unlike some, I don't believe the means justifies the ends.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Serragon wrote:This is one of the most appalling examples of judicial activism we have seen in a long time. I don't particularly care for the EO for various reasons, but it is clear to me that the president had the authority to issue the EO and it was entirely legal and constitutional.

1. The president clearly has the power to issue this EO via the 1952 Immigration and Nationality Act https://www.uscis.gov/laws/immigration- ... nality-act" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.
2. It is clearly constitutional as potential immigrants have no constitutional protections. The only part of the EO that was unconstitutional was w/ regards to green card holders who have due process rights. However, that was not cause to stop the entire EO and was not actually stated as part of the courts reasoning.

3. The states of WA and MN cannot have standing in this issue. They have not been harmed in any way. The lawsuit should have been dismissed immediately. The court determined that the potential loss of immigrants was an irreparable harm to the states which is ludicrous. By this reasoning, almost no one could ever be denied entry into the USA as the potential loss could harm a state.

This is simply a terrible decision. I would expect all people to recognize this. The court did not hold these same standards to previous presidents. In fact, courts have uniformly found that the judiciary should stay out of these matters as they are the business of the executive and legislative branches.

The 9th circuit just changed the definitions of what constitutes standing and harm. They just gave constitutional due process rights to all humans living in the world, not just US citizens and invited guests. They just usurped authority to regulate immigration from the exec and leg branches of government.

And rewcox is happy. Unlike some, I don't believe the means justifies the ends.
. . . . . "This is simply a terrible decision. I would expect all people to recognize this." . . . . Even rewcox??? I think you've got a long wait on that one.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

The president of the US knows a lot more about threats to our country than these judges.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

rewcox wrote:Whoops! Trumps immigration ban planned was stopped by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Travel Ban on Hold

Well, I will give you credit for the most self righteous, haughty and condescending post lately.
But over a clearly unconstitutional court ruling? That court ruling is the worst abomination and contortion of law that I have seen ever in these United States.
It has absolutely no legal basis. It's just pure political bunk.
dc

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

David13 wrote:

Travel Ban on Hold

Well, I will give you credit for the most self righteous, haughty and condescending post lately.
But over a clearly unconstitutional court ruling? That court ruling is the worst abomination and contortion of law that I have seen ever in these United States.
It has absolutely no legal basis. It's just pure political bunk.
dc
Me?????? Trump surrounds himself with Haughties!!!!!!!!!!

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

rewcox wrote:
Me?????? Trump surrounds himself with Haughties!!!!!!!!!!

So you feel left out or something?
You're bucking to join the club?

He did the politicians first job correctly.
He is in the House, the White one.
He makes the decisions.
The fact that a court that has been known for all my life as packed with loonies usurps greater authority than ever and thwarts the clear law, thumbs their nose as the Constitution and takes totally illegal action should offend you.
Not make you smug.
dc