The polyamorous, transhumanist planned future.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

The polyamorous, transhumanist planned future.

Post by Fiannan »

Anyone who studies transhumanism knows that what this professor says at 9 minutes (go ahead, just listen to the part from 9-10 minutes) is what is planned for the future of humanity. Often if someone brings up the idea of eugenics or transhumanism the less-informed audience will think that person is crazy. Problem is, that is the natural reaction of people. I am sure when Parley P. Pratt discussed the concept of television people in the congregation thought "Well, there goes Brother Pratt again." The reality is that in a society based on optimal efficiency only the best will be allowed to breed, and why burden your society with additional men when maybe you only need a population of 7 women to each man? Such a society will be easier to run as well -- women are more compliant than men to the existing power structure, no matter what it might be. So the gradual acceptance of body modification, living online, and bi-sexuality, particularly within young female populations, is getting us ready for what is coming down the road. Of course it is unlikely that the people who rule this world like to have all that much company. It will be necessary to thin the herd a bit. No worries, modern western society has shown how easy it is to manipulate people into not wanting children.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Re: The polyamorous, transhumanist planned future.

Post by Matchmaker »

I remember reading where Boyd K Packer once said the Feminist movement that started in the 60's would eventually prove to be one of the most destructive forces to the sanctity of motherhood and the family (or something to that effect) that we would see in the latter-days. After listening to some of the speeches given at the women's march in DC, I understand what he meant.

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

Fiannan wrote:
Anyone who studies transhumanism knows that what this professor says at 9 minutes (go ahead, just listen to the part from 9-10 minutes) is what is planned for the future of humanity. Often if someone brings up the idea of eugenics or transhumanism the less-informed audience will think that person is crazy. Problem is, that is the natural reaction of people. I am sure when Parley P. Pratt discussed the concept of television people in the congregation thought "Well, there goes Brother Pratt again." The reality is that in a society based on optimal efficiency only the best will be allowed to breed, and why burden your society with additional men when maybe you only need a population of 7 women to each man? Such a society will be easier to run as well -- women are more compliant than men to the existing power structure, no matter what it might be. So the gradual acceptance of body modification, living online, and bi-sexuality, particularly within young female populations, is getting us ready for what is coming down the road. Of course it is unlikely that the people who rule this world like to have all that much company. It will be necessary to thin the herd a bit. No worries, modern western society has shown how easy it is to manipulate people into not wanting children.
It is important to separate out the good things in transhumanism from the bad things. It is a mixed bag of good and bad.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

EdGoble wrote: It is important to separate out the good things in transhumanism from the bad things. It is a mixed bag of good and bad.

Window dressing, Eddie, window dressing. Icing on the cake. The spoonful of sugar that helps the medicine go down. It doesn't mean the cake is any good, or the medicine is any good. It's just sugar coating to make it easier to swallow.
dc

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

David13 wrote:
EdGoble wrote: It is important to separate out the good things in transhumanism from the bad things. It is a mixed bag of good and bad.

Window dressing, Eddie, window dressing. Icing on the cake. The spoonful of sugar that helps the medicine go down. It doesn't mean the cake is any good, or the medicine is any good. It's just sugar coating to make it easier to swallow.
dc
Sorry, but I only give permission to family and close friends to call me eddie. I see that you are doing it in a condescending way, and I never gave you permission for using my nickname, let alone abusing it.
So, is an artificial heart to replace a defective heart good or bad? Is a computer interface to a brain for a paraplegic to interface with an exoskeleton good or bad? Is the device that Steven Hawking uses to speak good or bad? The answer is self evident. These things, my friends, are transhumanist technologies used for good.

The mormon idea of a post-human God that is a Superhuman, who was once a man happens to be a transhumanist doctrine. Mormonism is transhumanist through and through. It is the true transhumanism, while transhumanism itself, when used for eugenics or social darwinism or whatever other -ism when abused is evil. Its like a gun. A gun is not evil. Just the shooter if he is a murderer.

You are wrong. Once again, you are one of these people that conflates good and bad together and throws the baby out with the bathwater.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

EdGoble wrote:
David13 wrote:

dc
Sorry, but I only give permission to family and close friends to call me eddie. I see that you are doing it in a condescending way, and I never gave you permission for using my nickname, let alone abusing it.
So, is an artificial heart to replace a defective heart good or bad? Is a computer interface to a brain for a paraplegic to interface with an exoskeleton good or bad? Is the device that Steven Hawking uses to speak good or bad? The answer is self evident. These things, my friends, are transhumanist technologies used for good.

The mormon idea of a post-human God that is a Superhuman, who was once a man happens to be a transhumanist doctrine. Mormonism is transhumanist through and through. It is the true transhumanism, while transhumanism itself, when used for eugenics or social darwinism or whatever other -ism when abused is evil. Its like a gun. A gun is not evil. Just the shooter if he is a murderer.

You are wrong. Once again, you are one of these people that conflates good and bad together and throws the baby out with the bathwater.

Well, it sounds like Mr Self Righteous would suit you better. Or would it be Mr Sanctimonious.
It seems you may be "conflating" prosthetics with something far more sinister.
Sort of like calling me "sexist" "misogynist" and an "oppressor of women" since I thanked the post above regarding Elder Packers comments about the "feminist" agenda.
dc

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

David13 wrote: Well, it sounds like Mr Self Righteous would suit you better. Or would it be Mr Sanctimonious.
It seems you may be "conflating" prosthetics with something far more sinister.
Sort of like calling me "sexist" "misogynist" and an "oppressor of women" since I thanked the post above regarding Elder Packers comments about the "feminist" agenda.
dc
I can assure you that you are clearly the least qualified person in the world not only to comment on Transhumanism, but to be the judge of my heart.
It is abundandly clear that you don't want to make an argument with substance. You just want to go off on what you think you know of my character, which you know nothing of personally. That is a logical fallacy even those with the most rudimentary community college education would know. So don't presume to know my heart or my ability to parse out an issue. The bottom line is, you sir, have no idea what you are talking about, so if I were you, I would lay off the personal attacks and read some books on Transhumanism, and about basic logic.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Matchmaker wrote:I remember reading where Boyd K Packer once said the Feminist movement that started in the 60's would eventually prove to be one of the most destructive forces to the sanctity of motherhood and the family (or something to that effect) that we would see in the latter-days. After listening to some of the speeches given at the women's march in DC, I understand what he meant.
Feminism is already one of the most destructive forces. What one issue united all the various feminist groups that marched in January? Unrestricted abortion on demand. Women are being told to look down on stay at home mothers, being told those women are oppressed by the patriarchy. Even many rabid feminists want to get married, but they have been socialized to look at men as utilities. Marry someone you think you can be happy with for a few years, who will give you some great kids, and who will be a good provider. Then, when you have enough kids and are tired of him, use the no fault divorce that feminism provided to ruin his financial life with child support, alimony, and mortgage payments on the house that is no longer his.
These days feminism is all about eliminating masculinity. What they term toxic masculinity is pretty much any form of masculinity you are familiar with.

These days I look at feminism the same way I look at gay rights. Do you remember gay pride parades in the 70s and early 80s? They were family affairs, not that LDS families should be there. The gays and lesbians were trying to portray themselves as upstanding citizens. But when they got what they wanted it wasn't enough. These days I am told that pride parades are debauchery on parade.
Feminists claimed they just wanted equality, but like the gay rights movement that wasn't entirely honest. Modern feminism is a demand for all the rights plus special rights and a total exemption from accountability for their actions.

The really sad thing is that feminism is making women unhappy. The more they try to have it all or be professionals in the business world, the less happiness they report in surveys. Stay at home mothers, allegedly being oppressed and abused by the patriarchy for submitting to a husband, are far happier than feminists.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Feminism is already one of the most destructive forces. What one issue united all the various feminist groups that marched in January? Unrestricted abortion on demand. Women are being told to look down on stay at home mothers, being told those women are oppressed by the patriarchy. Even many rabid feminists want to get married, but they have been socialized to look at men as utilities. Marry someone you think you can be happy with for a few years, who will give you some great kids, and who will be a good provider. Then, when you have enough kids and are tired of him, use the no fault divorce that feminism provided to ruin his financial life with child support, alimony, and mortgage payments on the house that is no longer his.
These days feminism is all about eliminating masculinity. What they term toxic masculinity is pretty much any form of masculinity you are familiar with.
Please excuse the language at times but Milo has a way of truly presenting the case against feminism.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Fiannan wrote:Please excuse the language at times but Milo has a way of truly presenting the case against feminism.
I really enjoy Milo's wit and his point of view. I just wish he wouldn't talk so much about his sexual activity.