Our Benevolent Dictator (Trumpsters Beware...Aorta-Popping Material)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Our Benevolent Dictator (Trumpsters Beware...Aorta-Popping Material)

Post by Silver »

David13 wrote:Ok getting back to you here, you must realize he has not violated the Constitution, yet.
And I don't think any of us who voted for him consider him our friend.
But we still consider him far closer to a friend, and far far far less of any enemy than the alternative, the beast, etc. as I outlined above.
dc
Is it you that has tossed out that false dichotomy previously? There were more choices than just Trump and Hillary.

You keep saying that he has not violated the Constitution like you think you're right. Don't you understand that every president for decades has violated the Constitution?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

If Trump didn't win, Hella Beast would. If Hella Beast didn't win, Trump would. There was no other choice.
There's an old rule, stick with the winners.
Running a candidate that doesn't have any chance of winning is a loser's game. A self fulfilling prophecy. Setting yourself up to ... lose.

Egg McMuffin in Utah was not a viable candidate. He was a distraction. A diversionary tactic.
Who was the guy? Where did he come from? Where did his money come from?
He was a shill to divert votes from Trump, that's all.

The issue here is, does Trump telling these leos that he will ruin someone's career violate the Constitution. If you had gone to law school, and studied the Constitution, and taken the Constitutional law classes, you would know.

There may be a second issue here, does Trump saying he will, or won't, work to repeal asset forfeiture violate the Constitution. Same answer.

Now, since you seem to think you know something about this, explain how every president has violated the Constitution, keeping in mind what you learned about the Constitution and that it gives power to the Supreme Court to rule on Constitutional issues, and not to you. Or me.
That is, cite the cases.
dc

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Well, David, it would do you more good if you did the homework. That is not a cop out on my part. I have talked to people, in and out of the Church, for decades and learned by sad experience that they don't grow if I give them the info for free. Their eyes glaze over and then they return to their regularly scheduled Super Bowl viewing. Pick up a book? Learn something difficult or uncomfortable? Nah, that's too much work.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Silver wrote:Well, David, it would do you more good if you did the homework. That is not a cop out on my part. I have talked to people, in and out of the Church, for decades and learned by sad experience that they don't grow if I give them the info for free. Their eyes glaze over and then they return to their regularly scheduled Super Bowl viewing. Pick up a book? Learn something difficult or uncomfortable? Nah, that's too much work.

But I have done the homework, in fact 40 years ago i started on the homework, and that is why I say, show me the cases. You need to support what you say, not I. The burden is on the prosecution, not the defense.

Show me the violations.
dc

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

David13 wrote:
Silver wrote:Well, David, it would do you more good if you did the homework. That is not a cop out on my part. I have talked to people, in and out of the Church, for decades and learned by sad experience that they don't grow if I give them the info for free. Their eyes glaze over and then they return to their regularly scheduled Super Bowl viewing. Pick up a book? Learn something difficult or uncomfortable? Nah, that's too much work.

But I have done the homework, in fact 40 years ago i started on the homework, and that is why I say, show me the cases. You need to support what you say, not I. The burden is on the prosecution, not the defense.

Show me the violations.
dc
No, seriously, if you understood what the Constitution says the federal government can and cannot do, you wouldn't need cases.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Silver wrote:
David13 wrote:

Show me the violations.
dc
No, seriously, if you understood what the Constitution says the federal government can and cannot do, you wouldn't need cases.
So your only basis for the things you say is ... you say so.

Well I say you are wrong, and as I say I started reading the Constitution as a child as I knew the direction I wanted my life to take, which life it did take, and which education in the Constitution and other related matters I did take, and the only way you can support a legal conclusion is with ... legal interpretations, citations, authorities, not just ... I say so.

And since you have nothing but ... you say so ... which is an unqualified you say so ... the only conclusion is .. Trump is innocent.
Rule absolute.
dc

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

To everyone else besides David13:
When is the last time you read the Constitution? Well, that's too long. It's not that hard to get through and will really enlighten you.

Or you can act like a lawyer and try to make a case out of everything.