HIB Vaccine

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: HIB Vaccine

Post by Sarah »

With my last two children we went middle of the road, and waited until the child was at least 4 months old for the first shot, and then my rule was just one poke at a time. So we were still coming in up to age 3 and 4 to get an occasional shot (and of course the nurse thought I was so irresponsible.) But I too wondered if one reason my 3rd child's epilepsy and OCD was brought on by vaccines.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

inho wrote:
In 1978 the First Presidency issued a statement in support of immunization programs and urged parents to participate. The statement read in part: “Immunization is such a simple, yet vital, matter and such a small price to pay for protection against … destroying diseases.

“Failure to act could subject untold thousands to preventable lifelong physical or mental impairment, including paralysis, blindness, deafness, heart damage, and mental retardation.

“We urge members of the Church … to protect their own children through immunization. Then they may wish to join other public-spirited citizens in efforts to eradicate ignorance and apathy that have caused the disturbingly low levels of childhood immunization.” (Reported in Ensign, July 1978, p. 79.)

(Immunizations—a Reminder)
JohnnyL wrote: The church does not require missionaries to be vaccinated. (Missionary Department Pre-field Services (801-240-2030) will tell you vaccinations are not required).
They are not required but the church definetly endorses immunization. I've understood that if a prospective missionary doesn't want to be vaccinated, s/he will not be able to serve outside his/her home country.
Immunizations. Those preparing to serve missions should obtain all available routine vaccinations and booster injections at appropriate ages. Well before beginning their missionary service, they should also receive any special immunizations required for the particular country where they will serve.

The advantages of immunization overwhelmingly exceed the minuscule risks of receiving vaccines. Immunization renders an individual resistant to disease for varying time periods. Maintaining immunity may require a booster injection.

(Missionary Health Preparation)
As explained, they just follow the world on this--if something goes wrong and get sued, they have "science" to fall back on. Passionflower had a great post about this on one of the other vaccination threads, about the church not getting mixed up much with things.

And even though most English-speaking countries have reversed dental policy and practice regarding wisdom teeth after numerous newer studies, the USA and the church follow the old standard (which shows they really don't follow science or truth on this matter, either).

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

bbsion wrote:Recently my wife and I have decided not to vaccinate until we do more research. I know this is a touchy subject for a lot of people, but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the HIB Vaccine? We have not vaccinated my youngest daughter who is 2 months old and our doctor was recommending that we at least get the HIB Vaccine.

Any thoughts?
Vaccinations do not prevent you from getting sick. How many of you got the chicken pox vaccine and yet still contracted chicken pox and/or shingles? So with or without the vaccine, your chances of contracting the illness are about the same (though you're more likely to contract the illness if you do get the vaccine because you just injected it into your body).

However, vaccines give your body a "heads up", time to prepare defenses to fight the illness. That's good. But all the other junk mixed in with the vaccine suppress the immune system. That's bad. So you're back where you started.

A better option, IMO, is to skip the vaccines and help support your immune system to do what it was divinely created to do- which is to fight whatever illness it comes into contact with. If you have a strong immune system, then you don't need all these vaccines for every single illness out there. An immune system with the proper tools can beat anything it comes up against.

A lot of research is showing that most epidemics in the past were due to nutritional deficiencies and poor hygiene and sanitation.

Getting a vaccine isn't a choice between letting your child get sick or not. It's a choice about what is the best way to strengthen their immune system. And vaccines do a lot of damage.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

JohnnyL wrote: As explained, they just follow the world on this
So you (and others in this thread) are saying that the First Presidency gave the 1978 statement without any thought and were just following the world?
JohnnyL wrote: And even though most English-speaking countries have reversed dental policy and practice regarding wisdom teeth after numerous newer studies, the USA and the church follow the old standard (which shows they really don't follow science or truth on this matter, either).
I know this is a sidetrack for this thread, but what are these standards? I come from non-English-speaking country and I have served a mission. Before my mission nothing was done to my wisdom teeth. An x-ray was taken and the dentist just gave a statement that they are not going to cause any problems during my mission. That was good enough for the church.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

inho wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:As explained, they just follow the world on this
So you (and others in this thread) are saying that the First Presidency gave the 1978 statement without any thought and were just following the world?
There really wasn't much else back then other than the AMA, and no one questioned it. Most church leaders don't even question it now, I'd guess. Here, remember this from within a year:
“After a recent medical procedure, my very capable doctors explained what I needed to do to heal properly…
I decided to expedite the healing process by undertaking my own internet search. I suppose I expected to discover truth that my doctors were unaware or tried to keep from me… Of course, researching these things for ourselves is not a bad idea BUT… regarding truth I could rely on and instead found myself being drawn to the often outlandish claims of internet lore.
Sometimes the truth might seem just too straightforward, too plain, and too simple for us to fully appreciate its great value.
So we set aside what we HAVE EXPERIENCED and know to be true in pursuit of more mysterious or complicated information.
Hopefully we will learn quickly that when we chase after shadows we’re pursuing matters that have little substance or value.”
--President Utchdorf
Riiiiiiiight. That was a huge brain fart that smelled all the way over here. I'm sure many in the church felt as perturbed as I did when he said that.

In addition, the 12-step addiction program doesn't work.

The example of wisdom teeth is prime--new studies show something much different than what they require ("request") for missionaries.

I hate all the church cancer stories that make people out to be humble angels made pure by suffering and faith. To me that shows someone likely didn't do any research/ seeking for truth, and just put their lives in the hands of others to save them.

Church counseling is often less helpful, than more.

I could go on and on...

So, I'm not so keen on them stepping outside their callings as church and ecclesiastical leaders, and they realize it and that's why they don't want to do it.

If I needed a lawyer, I wouldn't mind hiring one of them. Or a heart surgeon, I'd be blessed to have Pres. Nelson operate. Or perhaps Pres. Monson's opinion on printing a book. Etc.
imho wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:And even though most English-speaking countries have reversed dental policy and practice regarding wisdom teeth after numerous newer studies, the USA and the church follow the old standard (which shows they really don't follow science or truth on this matter, either).
I know this is a sidetrack for this thread, but what are these standards? I come from non-English-speaking country and I have served a mission. Before my mission nothing was done to my wisdom teeth. An x-ray was taken and the dentist just gave a statement that they are not going to cause any problems during my mission. That was good enough for the church.
Research and new standards are--except in severe or extreme cases--wisdom teeth are best left alone, even if impacted.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

butterfly wrote:
bbsion wrote:Recently my wife and I have decided not to vaccinate until we do more research. I know this is a touchy subject for a lot of people, but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about the HIB Vaccine? We have not vaccinated my youngest daughter who is 2 months old and our doctor was recommending that we at least get the HIB Vaccine.

Any thoughts?
Vaccinations do not prevent you from getting sick. How many of you got the chicken pox vaccine and yet still contracted chicken pox and/or shingles? So with or without the vaccine, your chances of contracting the illness are about the same (though you're more likely to contract the illness if you do get the vaccine because you just injected it into your body).

However, vaccines give your body a "heads up", time to prepare defenses to fight the illness. That's good. But all the other junk mixed in with the vaccine suppress the immune system. That's bad. So you're back where you started.

A better option, IMO, is to skip the vaccines and help support your immune system to do what it was divinely created to do- which is to fight whatever illness it comes into contact with. If you have a strong immune system, then you don't need all these vaccines for every single illness out there. An immune system with the proper tools can beat anything it comes up against.

A lot of research is showing that most epidemics in the past were due to nutritional deficiencies and poor hygiene and sanitation.

Getting a vaccine isn't a choice between letting your child get sick or not. It's a choice about what is the best way to strengthen their immune system. And vaccines do a lot of damage.
They do, in lots of ways, especially with all the stuff they put in. But it's also the body not being able to differentiate the invaders from its own body (all the auto-immune diseases and more). IIRC, one doctor showed how vaccines damage thyroid "immune stem cells", so to say, and lowers the amount available by a lot. These cells respond to specific different infectious organisms and leave the stem cell community. Once you've passed your limit, you have nothing that can respond specifically to a new organism.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

dconrad000 wrote:...with respect to missionary vaccinations: The missionary medical committee simply follows the CDC guidelines, with respect to vaccine recommendations. None of our five kids has ever been vaccinated, and ever will be. Until policy changes, our kids are limited to serving missions in the US. My second oldest daughter just returned from her mission in Tampa, Florida. My oldest son is expecting his mission call any day, now.

My son received his mission call on Friday. He has been called to the Idaho, Nampa Mission. As I recall, on his mission papers in the section where it asked for an explanation about why he would not receive vaccinations, his response read similar to the following:

"I am aware of the many problems and dangers associated with vaccinations. I am also aware that many of today's vaccines have been manufactured utilizing aborted fetal tissue. I utterly refuse any and all vaccinations. For more information on the subject, I refer you to my father's work in the vaccine resistance movement, posted here:
http://www.drdaveconrad.com/bio.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

BTW, if anyone worries about "having to serve" in the USA, don't feel too bad. Lots of my companions never could carry on a basic conversation in the mission language, 1/3 probably went back just as bad or as worse as they came spiritually-wise, two went home early (homesick?), etc. A relative served in the USA, and learned basics of two languages on their own. My own experience was my teeth (and health) were holding up until I got my wisdom teeth taken out, and then everything went downhill. I spent most of my mission very limited, physically, though no one else knew it. If I could trade back my foreign mission for my health, I think I might. I have no problems with my children staying in the USA, if vaccinations and wisdom teeth policy continues.

WhereCanITurn4Peace
captain of 100

Post by WhereCanITurn4Peace »

JohnnyL wrote:My own experience was my teeth (and health) were holding up until I got my wisdom teeth taken out, and then everything went downhill. I spent most of my mission very limited, physically, though no one else knew it. If I could trade back my foreign mission for my health, I think I might.
Sorry to see you have difficulty with your health. I've been struggling with health/fatigue issues myself for about 5-6 years now (trying to find a good naturopathic doctor to help with this).

I'm curious...what about having your wisdom teeth removed caused your problems?

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

And whosoever among you are sick, and have not faith to be healed, but believe, shall be nourished with all tenderness, with herbs and mild food, and that not by the hand of an enemy.

And the elders of the church, two or more, shall be called, and shall pray for and lay their hands upon them in my name; and if they die they shall die unto me, and if they live they shall live unto me.

So who may I ask is "the hand of an enemy"?

I could make some suggestions but it's up to each one to figure it out for themselves..

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

JohnnyL wrote:BTW, if anyone worries about "having to serve" in the USA, don't feel too bad. Lots of my companions never could carry on a basic conversation in the mission language, 1/3 probably went back just as bad or as worse as they came spiritually-wise, two went home early (homesick?), etc. A relative served in the USA, and learned basics of two languages on their own. My own experience was my teeth (and health) were holding up until I got my wisdom teeth taken out, and then everything went downhill. I spent most of my mission very limited, physically, though no one else knew it. If I could trade back my foreign mission for my health, I think I might. I have no problems with my children staying in the USA, if vaccinations and wisdom teeth policy continues.
I've heard it said that you aren't called to a mission but to a mission president. I know that sounds nice, but on my mission I worked with a few people who seemed to respond to me in a way they would not have responded to anybody else. I would prefer to go wherever the Lord can best use me instead of restricting myself.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

simpleton wrote:And whosoever among you are sick, and have not faith to be healed, but believe, shall be nourished with all tenderness, with herbs and mild food, and that not by the hand of an enemy.

And the elders of the church, two or more, shall be called, and shall pray for and lay their hands upon them in my name; and if they die they shall die unto me, and if they live they shall live unto me.

So who may I ask is "the hand of an enemy"?

I could make some suggestions but it's up to each one to figure it out for themselves..
Aren’t statistics wonderful? ‘Guns don’t kill people, doctors do.’

It's a chilling reality – one often overlooked in annual mortality statistics: Preventable medical errors persist as the No. 3 killer in the U.S. – third only to heart disease and cancer – claiming the lives of some 400,000 people each year. At a Senate hearing Thursday, patient safety officials put their best ideas forward on how to solve the crisis, with IT often at the center of discussions.

Hearing members, who spoke before the Subcommittee on Primary Health and Aging, not only underscored the devastating loss of human life – more than 1,000 people each day – but also called attention to the fact that these medical errors cost the nation a colossal $1 trillion each year.

http://m.healthcareitnews.com/news/deat ... it-records" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

Vaccinations have damaged a very great many, many people. I know that to be true. I bear my solemn witness that it is true. If ever called upon to do so, I will stand before any earthly or heavenly tribunal and bear witness to that effect -- before God and angels. If the damage is severe enough, that person will not be able to live what otherwise could have been a normal life...let alone ever in this life, have the capacity to serve a mission.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

brianj wrote:
JohnnyL wrote:BTW, if anyone worries about "having to serve" in the USA, don't feel too bad. Lots of my companions never could carry on a basic conversation in the mission language, 1/3 probably went back just as bad or as worse as they came spiritually-wise, two went home early (homesick?), etc. A relative served in the USA, and learned basics of two languages on their own. My own experience was my teeth (and health) were holding up until I got my wisdom teeth taken out, and then everything went downhill. I spent most of my mission very limited, physically, though no one else knew it. If I could trade back my foreign mission for my health, I think I might. I have no problems with my children staying in the USA, if vaccinations and wisdom teeth policy continues.
I've heard it said that you aren't called to a mission but to a mission president. I know that sounds nice, but on my mission I worked with a few people who seemed to respond to me in a way they would not have responded to anybody else. I would prefer to go wherever the Lord can best use me instead of restricting myself.
If not vaccinating were a sin, I would agree with you.
But, the Lord can use us wherever he wants, as we are--it's the church that is limiting Him in the case of vaccines, not us. Or perhaps, He already knows and has planned. We have been taught to obey the WoW, not only by the letter, but the spirit/ principle.
We have been taught to seek truth and light.
We have been taught that it is righteous to preside over, care for, protect, defend, and fight for our families.
The possibility that someone might somehow rewrite their mission call from what it was supposed to be, to something lesser, because they decided to follow all those things yet the church policy (which some of us see as against truth) was against it...
I cannot believe it is a spiritual matter for the church/ leaders. I don't doubt that if members weren't so brainwashed, it wouldn't be policy. Here is from passionflower:
The church (meaning the apostles) outside of the WOW, does not consider anything to do with healthcare as coming under their callings. It is not an ecclesiastical issue to them, IOW. THEREFORE, they defer all judgements on these subjects over to what is considered by the world at large to be the experts on healthcare, and that is the current medical profession. The church actually has a board of physicians that basically, inform on all such issues, up to and including vaccinations. Now, as integrative health care becomes more common, you may see some changes in church "policy" on health care issues. I just learned that a chiropractor has recently been added to this board. So this is what is happening. OK, so I don't like it either, but this is the way it is.

This might tell you why. Not too long ago, a missionary in Colorado got sick with a virus that was going around. Apparently this caused debilitating sickness for several weeks in many cases. There was a Naturopath in the ward who treated this missionary for free, and within a day he was better. Well, since all the missionaries in the stake were sick, they all went and got this free "treatment" ( whatever it was ), after seeing how the one missionary nearly immediately recovered. Well, of course they all wrote home about it. It turns out their mothers were so upset that their kids had seen a naturopath that the letters of complaint to the church missionary dept never seemed to stop. It didn't matter that the missionaries all got well. These mothers wanted their kids protected from what they all considered an exploitive Quack.

So do you see what the church is up against? And an MD is someone who is recognized as the healthcare authority all over the world, whereas a naturopath isn't. (however unfair this may be )

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

Phenomenal press conference on the subject of vaccine safety, at the national press club in Washington, DC, today. Every parent and grandparent needs to see this.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

inho wrote:
In 1978 the First Presidency issued a statement in support of immunization programs and urged parents to participate. The statement read in part: “Immunization is such a simple, yet vital, matter and such a small price to pay for protection against … destroying diseases.

“Failure to act could subject untold thousands to preventable lifelong physical or mental impairment, including paralysis, blindness, deafness, heart damage, and mental retardation.

“We urge members of the Church … to protect their own children through immunization. Then they may wish to join other public-spirited citizens in efforts to eradicate ignorance and apathy that have caused the disturbingly low levels of childhood immunization.” (Reported in Ensign, July 1978, p. 79.)

(Immunizations—a Reminder)

JohnnyL wrote: The church does not require missionaries to be vaccinated. (Missionary Department Pre-field Services (801-240-2030) will tell you vaccinations are not required).
They are not required but the church definetly endorses immunization. I've understood that if a prospective missionary doesn't want to be vaccinated, s/he will not be able to serve outside his/her home country.
Immunizations. Those preparing to serve missions should obtain all available routine vaccinations and booster injections at appropriate ages. Well before beginning their missionary service, they should also receive any special immunizations required for the particular country where they will serve.

The advantages of immunization overwhelmingly exceed the minuscule risks of receiving vaccines. Immunization renders an individual resistant to disease for varying time periods. Maintaining immunity may require a booster injection.

(Missionary Health Preparation)
Two reports of people not getting vaccinations and going on foreign missions: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37455&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Quite a few video links have been posted, I'll add this one if people are interested (only 8 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3P6wVUH0pc

Basically an interview with Dr. Seneff who researched vaccines and health issues they cause and she found the worst thing in them is the aluminum. There's another video interview with her & Dr. Mercola on youtube where she talks more about that.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

JohnnyL wrote: February 13th, 2017, 8:25 pm
brianj wrote:
If not vaccinating were a sin, I would agree with you.
But, the Lord can use us wherever he wants, as we are--it's the church that is limiting Him in the case of vaccines, not us. Or perhaps, He already knows and has planned. We have been taught to obey the WoW, not only by the letter, but the spirit/ principle.
We have been taught to seek truth and light.
We have been taught that it is righteous to preside over, care for, protect, defend, and fight for our families.
The possibility that someone might somehow rewrite their mission call from what it was supposed to be, to something lesser, because they decided to follow all those things yet the church policy (which some of us see as against truth) was against it...
I cannot believe it is a spiritual matter for the church/ leaders. I don't doubt that if members weren't so brainwashed, it wouldn't be policy. Here is from passionflower:
The church (meaning the apostles) outside of the WOW, does not consider anything to do with healthcare as coming under their callings. It is not an ecclesiastical issue to them, IOW. THEREFORE, they defer all judgements on these subjects over to what is considered by the world at large to be the experts on healthcare, and that is the current medical profession. The church actually has a board of physicians that basically, inform on all such issues, up to and including vaccinations. Now, as integrative health care becomes more common, you may see some changes in church "policy" on health care issues. I just learned that a chiropractor has recently been added to this board. So this is what is happening. OK, so I don't like it either, but this is the way it is.

This might tell you why. Not too long ago, a missionary in Colorado got sick with a virus that was going around. Apparently this caused debilitating sickness for several weeks in many cases. There was a Naturopath in the ward who treated this missionary for free, and within a day he was better. Well, since all the missionaries in the stake were sick, they all went and got this free "treatment" ( whatever it was ), after seeing how the one missionary nearly immediately recovered. Well, of course they all wrote home about it. It turns out their mothers were so upset that their kids had seen a naturopath that the letters of complaint to the church missionary dept never seemed to stop. It didn't matter that the missionaries all got well. These mothers wanted their kids protected from what they all considered an exploitive Quack.

So do you see what the church is up against? And an MD is someone who is recognized as the healthcare authority all over the world, whereas a naturopath isn't. (however unfair this may be )
This is how missions are assigned-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbwwNTnqLFM

Vicki
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Vicki »

See the YouTube video - Silent epidemic; the Untold Story of the Vacinnes movie dire. It probably will help you make your choice about Hib.