Immigration; Muslim Immigrants =/= Lamanite Immigrants

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Immigration; Muslim Immigrants =/= Lamanite Immigrants

Post by freedomforall »

Darren wrote: April 12th, 2017, 7:45 am
Rulon C Allred.jpg
Rulon C Allred.jpg (60.7 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
Rulon C Allred

My mother went to him for Chiropractic treatments in Murray, UT. back in the early seventies. She told me he was a polygamist and had some of his wives working along side him right there in his office building. I vividly remember when Rulon was shot to death in 77. The news of how his demise occurred and why was quite disturbing.
If memory serves, Rulon was also very good to help women having a tilted uterus, and thus, helping them in their effort to bring children into the world by somehow re-positioning it.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Rensai wrote: April 15th, 2017, 12:50 am
harakim wrote: April 13th, 2017, 11:07 pm I agree that we need to stem immigration from Middle Eastern countries until we can find a way to assimilate these people. I also agree that it is potentially dangerous to bring in people from these countries. I think we should be more cautious in taking them in.
I'm glad you can at least see there are good reasons to be cautious about bringing Muslims in, but why do we need to bring them in at all? Did the nephites let the lamanites in? Only once as I recall, and only the anti-nephi-lehies who converted to Christianity. What about the israelites? How many times did god tell them not to mix with the pagans? Wasn't one of solomon's great sins mixing with them and letting them setup temples to their false gods in israel? God has never said we should welcome people with false religions and barbaric cultures into our lands. Just the opposite in every example I can think of from scripture. I think it would be better to help them and teach Muslims in their own countries instead of bringing them to ours. That is why he has always called missionaries to serve. God is not tolerant. That is a false, satanic lie that has been foisted onto our society by the wicked. God does not tolerate sin in the least degree, nor will he allow anyone into his heavenly kingdoms that doesn't live up to every requirement. Much like the temple in some respects. Do we allow Muslims or for that matter, nonbelievers of any kind in? Why not? Are we being intolerant and cruel to keep them out or is that ok? If so, yhy is it ok to keep them out of our temples but not our countries?

Don't get me wrong, we should be kind and charitable to everyone, muslim or otherwise, but we do not have to invite false religions into our cities or tolerate rape, murder, indoctrination, etc from them. We should help them if we can, but we have a God given duty to protect our children first, both physically and spiritually from evil influences, like Islam. Welcoming them in then, would be counter productive to that and while many Christians do that and believe they are being tolerant and kind, to me it looks like compromising with evil and putting what they see as the popular public beliefs over the well being of their families and neighbors. In the long run it won't matter, God has already unequivocally stated that this land, America, is reserved for the righteous, he will not tolerate the wicked here, so those who choose to ignore that and succor wickedness, only hasten the cleansing and destruction of the wicked from this land. That really should tell you all you need to know about whether God would want us to welcome evil into our midst or not under the guise of tolerance.
Whatsoever nation shall possess this promised land should serve God, or they should be swept off, Ether 2:9–12.
harakim wrote: April 13th, 2017, 11:07 pm I see what is on the horizon for America and I have to speak up. We need to be a less war-like people.
On this we are in agreement, Christ teaches that we should only fight defensively, but I don't have any hope that that will change until after the wicked are destroyed from the American continent.
I am in agreement with this.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I certainly don't think the solution is to destroy Islam. I agree that maybe we should want it to die out, due to it's barbarism, etc., but destroy it is not possible, not feasible.
I think the solution is that Islam remain in the middle east where they are dominant, stop killing Christians and Jews, and not infiltrate and contaminate Europe and the United States with their evil philosophy.
dc

In other words, peaceful co-existence. Sort of Christ like, no?

Another way, I'm much better at tolerating Islam in the middle east, rather than rioting in Paris, New York or Los Angeles, or particularly Salt Lake.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

A couple other things that bother me about the Muslim situation. Muslims nearly unanimously support and want Sharia law. Sharia law is tyrannical and completely incompatible with our western heritage of freedom. It would require the complete transformation or overthrow of our governments and ideals to implement Sharia. Muslims are not shy about admitting this goal though, and it boggles my mind that we are expected to just go along with this plan and allow them to gather greater and greater numbers. I guess once the Muslims have sufficient numbers its ok to enslave our children because its supposedly being done democratically!

One other thing I find worrisome about Europe especially. There the Muslims have made far greater inroads than here in the U.S. I've seen several news reports stating anywhere from as few as 5 years to 10 or 20 years out, the Muslims will succeed in gaining the numbers necessary to take control of the governments there. Once they have control will they use those weapons against Israel or against the U.S.?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

It took eight years for Father Lehi to get his family from Jerusalem to Bountiful before they departed for the Americas. Not all that time was spent traveling or they would have arrived in Bountiful much sooner. We know part of their journey was along a route known as the Frankincense Trail where there would have been communities and other travelers. I have often wondered if Laman and/or Lemuel managed to have children with women who did not travel to the promised land with them. Perhaps those women and children would have remained on the Arabian Peninsula and become ancestors to people who live there now.

I know. Crazy idea. Feel free to shoot it full of holes.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Silver wrote: April 16th, 2017, 12:52 am It took eight years for Father Lehi to get his family from Jerusalem to Bountiful before they departed for the Americas. Not all that time was spent traveling or they would have arrived in Bountiful much sooner. We know part of their journey was along a route known as the Frankincense Trail where there would have been communities and other travelers. I have often wondered if Laman and/or Lemuel managed to have children with women who did not travel to the promised land with them. Perhaps those women and children would have remained on the Arabian Peninsula and become ancestors to people who live there now.

I know. Crazy idea. Feel free to shoot it full of holes.
Not so crazy. There were Jewish settlements in the that region that existed until Mohammed's forces destroyed them. Of course some of the young virgins of those tribes might have been preserved and passed their genes on.