The unraveling of America's social & moral fabric.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

The unraveling of America's social & moral fabric.

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

While we have long known the trajectory our nation was heading in, even I have been surprised at the speed of events. When I watch footage of the riots of the leftists, whether it be last summer at the Trump rallies or this week at Berkeley, I always read the comments from other viewers to get a feel for how people view these events and what emotions are stirred in them.

One thing I've noticed is the dramatic increase in the call to arms from both sides. Just yesterday I read a number of posts from conservatives calling for open war on these protesters, and that those on the right should move to stamp things down before they get worse. (which they will)

From the left we see the media being complicit in the violence liberals commit towards other by other failing to report on them, or omitting information from their reports. Celebrities are openly calling for violence and no one except conservatives call them on it.

More and more people on both sides are becoming convinced that violence is not only OK in these scenarios, but that it is REQUIRED. In a nutshell, America is no longer a tinderbox, but rather is undergoing a slow burn. When a blast of oxygen in the form of a significant & extraordinary event comes our way we're are going to explode. It is the nature of civilization that once a people have reached this level of polarization and strife, they've crossed the Rubicon so to speak, and there is no going back without calamity that compels them to humility.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Re: The unraveling of America's social & moral fabric.

Post by Rensai »

I've been thinking pretty much the same things. Crazy times we live in.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

It. Saddens me, but you are right, this seems to be escalating to violence.

I blame years of PC speech making it so society has lost the ability to debate and disagree. I also blame politicians like Hillary and Trump who scared voters with fear of others, and promised to fight for the people. Politicians always talk about fighting, unless they are talking about real fighting then it is engaging the enemy, strategic missions, or operations.

I pray for heaven to intervene that fighting won't happen. If it does happen, I wonder how people will respond? Death is gruesome,thankfully I've never seen a person die from violence, but I've seen animals killed on hunts, on farms, and by car crash....death is messy and deeply disturbing. My friends who went to Iraq or Afghanistan were changed by it.

I hope it does not turn into a tit for tat, that ends up being a Shiz vs Coriantamur. Bad, bad business. We need a miracle, that's what I'm praying for.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote: . . . .
One thing I've noticed is the dramatic increase in the call to arms from both sides. Just yesterday I read a number of posts from conservatives calling for open war on these protesters, and that those on the right should move to stamp things down before they get worse. (which they will)

From the left we see the media being complicit in the violence liberals commit towards other by other failing to report on them, or omitting information from their reports. Celebrities are openly calling for violence and no one except conservatives call them on it. . . . . .
I haven't run across any conservatives calling for "open war" against these agitators and rioters. We just want to see the police step up and arrest them, instead of standing down because they apparently were told to stand down. And the justice department should go after the agitators and those funding these groups . . . . AND those telling them to stand down . . . which in the case of the D.C. police during the inauguration, would be ex-President Obama.

Above all, there should be a severe crack down on celebrities who call for or encourage mayhem and issue direct and even thinly veiled threats against Trump, Trump supporters or any other innocent people.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

larsenb wrote:

From the left we see the media being complicit in the violence liberals commit towards other by other failing to report on them, or omitting information from their reports. Celebrities are openly calling for violence and no one except conservatives call them on it. . . . . .
I haven't run across any conservatives calling for "open war" against these agitators and rioters. We just want to see the police step up and arrest them, instead of standing down because they apparently were told to stand down. And the justice department should go after the agitators and those funding these groups . . . . AND those telling them to stand down . . . which in the case of the D.C. police during the inauguration, would be ex-President Obama.

Above all, there should be a severe crack down on celebrities who call for or encourage mayhem and issue direct and even thinly veiled threats against Trump, Trump supporters or any other innocent people.
Mainstream conservatives don't openly call for violence, but I have read a ton of posts from your average Joe speaking openly of using weapons against the leftist nut jobs.
I agree the cops that just stand by and watch while people are being assaulted should be held in contempt.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

Blame the universities as well. They are breeding grounds for radical leftists.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

larsenb wrote:

Mainstream conservatives don't openly call for violence, but I have read a ton of posts from your average Joe speaking openly of using weapons against the leftist nut jobs.
I agree the cops that just stand by and watch while people are being assaulted should be held in contempt.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I disagree with the idea that society is in a slow burn. I think sweaty old dynamite is a more accurate metaphor. All it's going to take is the wrong kind of shock and we're going to see an explosion of violence.

And I disagree with the idea that mainstream conservatives are not calling for violence. Mainstream conservatives are calling for violence, just not saying we will do it themselves. We want the police to do that job for us. If the police do crack down we probably will see liberals act out with great violence. Most of them probably wouldn't know where to buy a gun, and even if they figured out how to go to a gun store they wouldn't be able to load the gun. But there are plenty of criminally minded liberals who could get a gun from the black market, and improvised weapons like Molotov cocktails thrown at police will prompt a violent crackdown that liberals elsewhere will use as justification for escalated attacks on police and any person or business they see as a representative of conservatism.

The claimed Chicago prophecy says that rioting starts because of devaluation of the dollar, what I interpret as hyperinflation. At this moment in our country things are so precarious that we don't need hyperinflation to precipitate rioting.

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/2-ne/28.21?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:While we have long known the trajectory our nation was heading in, even I have been surprised at the speed of events. When I watch footage of the riots of the leftists, whether it be last summer at the Trump rallies or this week at Berkeley, I always read the comments from other viewers to get a feel for how people view these events and what emotions are stirred in them.

From the left we see the media being complicit in the violence liberals commit towards other by other failing to report on them, or omitting information from their reports. Celebrities are openly calling for violence and no one except conservatives call them on it.

More and more people on both sides are becoming convinced that violence is not only OK in these scenarios, but that it is REQUIRED. In a nutshell, America is no longer a tinderbox, but rather is undergoing a slow burn. When a blast of oxygen in the form of a significant & extraordinary event comes our way we're are going to explode. It is the nature of civilization that once a people have reached this level of polarization and strife, they've crossed the Rubicon so to speak, and there is no going back without calamity that compels them to humility.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

'tis only a matter of time till it hits the fan.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:Mainstream conservatives don't openly call for violence, but I have read a ton of posts from your average Joe speaking openly of using weapons against the leftist nut jobs.
I've seen the same kinds of posts, even going so far as calling for a slaughter to "wipe them out." A lot of people on the right are itching for civil war, and are just looking for justification now.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

h_p wrote:
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS wrote:Mainstream conservatives don't openly call for violence, but I have read a ton of posts from your average Joe speaking openly of using weapons against the leftist nut jobs.
I've seen the same kinds of posts, even going so far as calling for a slaughter to "wipe them out." A lot of people on the right are itching for civil war, and are just looking for justification now.

why?
We have Trump. We got what we want. He is taking care of business for us. There is no need for civil war for us at all. Other than that we think of self defense.
dc

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

David13 wrote:
h_p wrote:

why?
We have Trump. We got what we want. He is taking care of business for us. There is no need for civil war for us at all. Other than that we think of self defense.
dc
On the left you have the same old suspects throwing their tantrum and rioting, and on the right people are sick of the left resorting to these tactics and getting a free pass from the media.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

There is too much propaganda. The truth is tangled up into a giant knot. We all have to be willing to learn something new, we all have to be humble, because there is no other way to untangle that knot without violence. Unfortunately, our foundation of values has been succumbing for such a long time. The foundation for war has been trickling in inch by inch. I remember seeing how people on tv shows started treating each other unkindly. 10 years later, people in real life treat each other unkindly. Just little things like that gives the devil the stronghold he needs until it is too late. We should have repented at the first signs of these things. But, we let them in because it was such a little deal at the time.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

brianj wrote: . . . .

And I disagree with the idea that mainstream conservatives are not calling for violence. Mainstream conservatives are calling for violence, just not saying we will do it themselves. We want the police to do that job for us. If the police do crack down we probably will see liberals act out with great violence. Most of them probably wouldn't know where to buy a gun, and even if they figured out how to go to a gun store they wouldn't be able to load the gun. But there are plenty of criminally minded liberals who could get a gun from the black market, and improvised weapons like Molotov cocktails thrown at police will prompt a violent crackdown that liberals elsewhere will use as justification for escalated attacks on police and any person or business they see as a representative of conservatism. . . . .
Got an example of a well-known mainstream conservative and/or libertarian calling for violence?

All I'm seeing from Conservatives/libertarians is disgust at the police for standing down while left-wing rioters attack innocent people and vandalize businesses, etc. They simply want police to step in where this group is out of control by preventing their violent acts and detaining and arresting them where necessary. This would not be police violence, just the police doing what they were hired to do.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

larsenb wrote:Got an example of a well-known mainstream conservative and/or libertarian calling for violence?

All I'm seeing from Conservatives/libertarians is disgust at the police for standing down while left-wing rioters attack innocent people and vandalize businesses, etc. They simply want police to step in where this group is out of control by preventing their violent acts and detaining and arresting them where necessary. This would not be police violence, just the police doing what they were hired to do.
Those calls for violence are subtle as opposed to explicit. The people who want the police to do whatever is necessary know that the protestors are not going to quietly obey the police and allow themselves to be arrested. I heard a lot of support for the Portland police, who were recorded using considerable force against protesters to get them out of the streets and dispersed, and that support was expressed specifically because of the force used.

Conservatives aren't calling for people to shoot up universities or kill anybody who doesn't agree with their politics, but they are calling for actions they know will result in violence. And that is essentially a call to violence.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

brianj wrote:
larsenb wrote:Got an example of a well-known mainstream conservative and/or libertarian calling for violence?

Those calls for violence are subtle as opposed to explicit. The people who want the police to do whatever is necessary know that the protestors are not going to quietly obey the police and allow themselves to be arrested. I heard a lot of support for the Portland police, who were recorded using considerable force against protesters to get them out of the streets and dispersed, and that support was expressed specifically because of the force used.

Conservatives aren't calling for people to shoot up universities or kill anybody who doesn't agree with their politics, but they are calling for actions they know will result in violence. And that is essentially a call to violence.
The police know that they are no match for thousands of violent protestors. They are there to contain until the crowd reaches a level of rapture in their attack on culture and finally disperse. At some point the protestors will take the next step and challenge the police. That may be what starts the war that will, in the end, result of a civil war that will cleanse the nation. The winners will not be the left.

Please excuse the language. The young man is quite angry at the left wingers.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I couldn't be on the left, seeing what they'd become.
Well that and being a straight white male I was demonized, so why would I be with a group that hates me?
The more one tries to force tolerance on someone, the more intolerant that person becomes.