Who Was Mary Magdalene Thoughts/Opinions

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
skmo
captain of 1,000

Re: Who Was Mary Magdalene Thoughts/Opinions

Post by skmo »

I believe Mary Magdalene was the wife of Jesus Christ, that the wedding of Cana was His own.

logansandres
Hi, I'm new.

Post by logansandres »

Son of Liberty wrote:Who was Mary Magdalene thoughts and opinions? I recently got into a conversation with my Dad about her and he pointed out that there is a growing population who believe she was Jesus's wife. I wanted to know what people here on LDSFF believe or know about her.
I belive she was a really confused woman who lost faith but then found it

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

natasha wrote:
Merriner wrote:In order to be a Rabbi you have to be at least 30 yrs old and you have to be married. They always called Jesus Rabbi. Do you think they mis-spoke? I don't. He was married.
Exactly! And if he had NOT been married, his detractors would have loudly criticized him. I know these things are interesting to talk about, etc., but it really has no bearing on my salvation.
No, that doesn't prove he was married. His followers called him Rabbi, sure, but so did John the baptists followers and he was not married either as far as I know. Neither Christ nor John was an official rabbi in the jewish church, they were renegades. For them being called Rabbi was just a term of respect from their followers.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

DesertWonderer wrote:
BeNotDeceived wrote:... Mormon leader Orson Hyde taught that the Marriage at Cana was Jesus’ own wedding, that Jesus was a polygamist and that the sisters Mary Magdalene and Martha were among his wives. ... https://sounddoctrineministries.wordpre ... g-at-cana/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
^^^This.

also this:

John 12:3King James Version (KJV)

3 Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

All I will saw about the above verse is that it describes a sacred priesthood ordinance that a woman performs upon her husband.
I agree.

sandman45
captain of 1,000

Post by sandman45 »

Son of Liberty wrote:Who was Mary Magdalene thoughts and opinions? I recently got into a conversation with my Dad about her and he pointed out that there is a growing population who believe she was Jesus's wife. I wanted to know what people here on LDSFF believe or know about her.
Wife of Jesus.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Jesus not being married is the tradition of catholicism and her harlot daughters... But it is in the tradition of Mormonism that he was married , I take the latter .... As i think the great whore of all the earth suppressed that among many other truths...

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

marc wrote:Furthermore, there is a reason why Jesus first showed himself, not to Peter or James or John or any of his other disciples or any man, but instead to Mary. Many things in the gospels are implied and appropriately so.

The importance of this statement cannot understated though many have tried to minimize this event. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the crowning achievement of His entire creation...worlds upon worlds and all their inhabitants. To imply Jesus randomly chose Mary is preposterous and lacks any faith or understanding as to the importance of the event to His power and to His control over His creation. Think about how ridiculous that sounds
.... Of all worlds and their inhabitants timelines I just randomly appeared to one of my followers....and then I appeared to Heavenly Father. !

Think of the temple and the intimacy of a husband knowing his wife's new name and how that factors in to resurrection of all things. Would a husband not follow the Savior's example here as well and first appear to his wife. Twain they are one flesh after all.

Also the scripture earlier that Christ did not receive a fulness at first but went from grace to grace...what is grace and who is the only being in a creation who provides it? Jesus is certainly Eldest and absolutely requires a celestial marriage to inherit all and become a Father just as He required baptism.

Merriner
captain of 50

Post by Merriner »

LDScop wrote:
Rensai wrote:Mary Magdalene wasn't even close to being on Christ's level. She was once possessed of devils. Don't insult our lord and savior by trying to bring him down to the level of the rest of us sinners. IF Christ did marry in this life, it would have been some woman unmentioned, who lived a perfect life, who was his equal, not mary magdalene, or any other sinner.
luke 8:2 wrote: 2 And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,
I hate to break it to you, but Jesus already condescended to the level of us sinners. He did it willingly. He did it to become our Savior and Redeemer. He did it so that if we repent and come unto Him, we can be perfected in Him. We can inherit all the Father hath and become joint heirs with Christ.

Does not compute...

Christ can only marry a perfect woman? His atonement isn't good enough to save his wife?

Aren't we all commanded to come to the marriage feast, and isn't the Church symbolically the bride of the Savior and he accepts those who believe on his name. Mary knew exactly who Christ was and had great faith in his divinity.

Since when does being possessed with devils make you evil. Joseph Smith was possessed by a devil in the sacred grove and was about to abandon himself to destruction before he was delivered by the Father and the Son. Was he wicked? Are innocent children who get possessed by devils evil? People are possessed by devils if they don't know how to exercise their dominion over them. That's why the whole Section 50 in the D&C was given, so that people would be able to know how to discern between false spirits. The early saints would teach the shakers who are a Christian church who would regularly allow Devils to possess them because they thought that it was the gift of tongues and god showing them signs. People would seek out false spirits thinking they were signs from God. People didn't know where to find the truth before Christ came teaching them and casting out the evil spirits. That didn't make all these people evil. It only made them evil if they had evil intent and wanted evil spirits to help them do more evil. It is different from being possessed (having your body hijacked), or because you were looking for God.

You cannot enter into the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom without being married. Christ being married doesn't make him less of a Savior, it makes him more. I'm sure Christ wants to have a son of his own someday and he doesn't need to have a woman already be perfect before he can accept her. He accepts us as sinners, but he can't accept an imperfect woman as his wife because she would demean him. Oh brother.

Again, you cannot be a rabbi without being married. That's how the law worked. Does that compute?