Politicians are Scam-Artists: Rick Perry Edition

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Politicians are Scam-Artists: Rick Perry Edition

Post by ajax »

http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/20 ... y-edition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
After correctly stating in 2012 that the Department of Energy should be abolished, political scam-artist Rick Perry did the expected today. Now that he’ll be running it, of course he thinks it’s “vital.”

From the Washington Post:
“My past statements made over five years ago about abolishing the Department of Energy do not reflect my current thinking,” Perry said in his opening statement. “In fact, after being briefed on so many of the vital functions of the Department of Energy, I regret recommending its elimination.”
He continued, via CNBC:
“If confirmed, I will enter this role excited and passionate about advocating and advancing the core missions of the DOE, drawing greater attention to the vital role played by the agency and the hard-working men and women who dedicate themselves in pursuit of these missions.”
Would a briefing on the Constitution return his thinking to getting rid of the Department of Energy?

Don’t count on it.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Politicians are Scam-Artists: Rick Perry Edition

Post by Silver »

By their works ye shall know them. By Perry's epic flipflop ye may know that Trump has no intention of draining the swamp. Our new president is actually thumbing his nose at us all by appointing the very guy who said he would eliminate the Dept. of Energy to lead the Dept. of Energy. Now that department will be beautiful. It's gonna be beautiful and yuuuuge.