Protests in Washington D.C. turn into Riots...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Onsdag
captain of 100

Re: Protests in Washington D.C. turn into Riots...

Post by Onsdag »

DesertWonderer wrote:
skmo wrote:
Juliet wrote:It is too early to discount the witness of bloodthirsty murder that is described in the George Albert Smith prophecy...
No, it's not. In another thread when that question was asked, my reply was:
skmo wrote:It likely wouldn't have been too soon the day after it was ever first recorded, because had the person who wrote it down showed it to President Smith to be sure the words were written correctly, I believe President Smith's words would have been "How drunk were you that night?"
And I still stand by my answer.
That is why I believe there will be a callout this year.
When will people awaken to the fear-mongering being done in LDS communities? The foolishness about "callouts" is an embarrassment to the intelligence of people who should be living by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and continuing revelation through those ordained to give us God's words, not hyped-up hucksters.
It is too early to say the witnesses like Kirtland R M and Sosa and Menet and Rowe are wrong.
Oh, no it's not. It would not have been too early to say they were wrong from the very first moment they decided to spread fear in the name of their god.
We need to stay vigilant.
Yes, we do. That includes being vigilant against the face of every false prophet carrying the swirling winds of foolish doctrine like tent cities and call outs. If God tells you Himself to be prepared for a call out, by all means listen to His voice, I'd never tell anyone else how to listen to His message to them, UNTIL they start giving His words to me to follow. At that point I immediately believe they're a crackpot AT BEST, and more likely an unscrupulous false prophet of a false god leading people on a false trail to a real hell.
skmo: There are a number of people I'd like to hang out with on this forum. You are one of them. Too bad AK is so far way or we could have a "root beer summit".
skmo, I love you bro! :ymhug:
DesertWonderer, you too! :ymhug:

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Juliet wrote:OK, that is a funny President Smith comment. We do have to be very careful of false prophets. But what about 2nd witnesses, is that so bad?
If I am discussing things with a friend, someone I know and trust I'm fine with discussing and sharing more personal things. However, every single dream-weaver, fear-monger, death reject, and/or spokesman sharing visions of the future I've ever seen in my life have been publicity hounds, and I believe they all are. Sometimes it's people deliberately lying in order to sell books and/or other money-making schemes. Sometimes it's a desire to gain fame and adoration. A couple times in my life I've received an inordinate amount of public adoration and I know how powerful it can be. I believe the majority of these "visionaries" are in the the first two categories.

The third is far more sinister, they are people deliberately misleading God's children for nefarious purposes. There is a theoretical fourth category, those who are really, honestly sent from God. I admit this because I'm not so egotistical as to believe there's no chance I'm mistaken, but I include this category believing at the end of the day that it'll be empty. This isn't to say that I think all gospel-centered books are wrong, even if they speculate about what could happen in the future. However, I don't see things working out that "Tent City" dwelling will ever happen outside of scout camping and the only "Call Out" that's ever going to exist (other than missionaries called by God) will be between a couple of little boys wanting to prove they're the toughest on the playground (I did my own share of calling others out when I was growing up.)

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Back to the topic at hand: There was an organized protest yesterday for Women's Rights activists. I think it was largely peaceful, but I may be wrong. Also, there have been lots of protests around the States from what I've heard. Dunno if any of them devolved into riots...

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

See the women's protest with hundreds of women wearing giant female reproductive costumes?

Real class.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

I dared to post my reasoned and calm opposition to the fake 'women's' march (it was not 'for' women, as much as it was 'against' Trump) on FB this morning. Wow and WOW. I have been getting pummeled all day by my friends (?). In fact, the ones yelling the loudest at me are all - ALL - active, recommend holding LDS women.

My post was actually more of a pro-life thing than an anti-Women's March thing, and still - just got attacked - called names - basically accused of being the devil. I mean, a couple of them were foaming at the proverbial mouth with anger towards me. I even mentioned that I had NOT voted for Trump, and I never said his name once until AFTER I'd been attacked (and even then it was just to point out that I did not vote for him), but it didn't make a difference - which makes me wonder what really is at the root of their attacks? Because the only thing I put in my post was The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and a few links to clips and articles showing the hatred of the marchers towards pro-life women. One of the young women who commented on my post with a nasty remark was HERSELF the product of a horny teenager who easily could have gotten an abortion, but instead chose to bring HER to term and give HER LIVING self up for adoption - wherein, she was adopted by two wonderful, loving LDS parents, and she HERSELF now has 4 children. Oh the irony... #-o Did I mention ALL these are women in my ward and stake - in most cases they and/or their husbands hold leadership positions.

If I've learned anything from this experience it is that the Brethren may want to think about doing one of two things. Either, A) Delete this question from the recommend questions - "Do you support, affiliate with, or agree with any group or individual whose teachings or practices are contrary to or oppose those accepted by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?", or B) Re-word that question and name names, be specific about 'groups' and 'individuals' who fit the bill, in their view. Personally, I would choose 'A' because as it is written, it means nothing and applies to all of us, I'm sure. Anyway, should be interesting going to church next Sunday. :-s

I will also take this opportunity to add that I have never - not even once - gone on to any of my (many) liberal friends' FB accounts and verbally slapped them for any of the liberal, political stuff they've posted - NOT ONCE. Yet EVERY time I post anything of a conservative political nature (which isn't often, very rarely, in fact), THEY feel the need to come onto my post and rant and rail against me. Liberal 'tolerance' at its finest. :ymparty:

A funny, but not funny, comment was made by one of my few nice friends, when she asked what were those pink things all those women were wearing at the marches. X_X She legitimately had no clue (I discussed it with her privately, bless her). This is a woman in her 40's, birth mother of 7 children, reasonably intelligent and educated. The 'not funny' part is that someone so 'not of the world' and with such naivete is easy to sway and control, and we have many of the same friends, who were beginning to woo her over to the dark side - so she was utterly shocked to learn who was backing these marches, what they were really about, and what the rude, vulgar costumes were supposed to be, etc. :ymsigh:

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

This is all so sad. Sorry you had to take the abuse.

P@##yhats?!?! REALLY?!?! Disgusting.

WhereCanITurn4Peace
captain of 100

Post by WhereCanITurn4Peace »

Sorry that happened to you, EmmaLee :ymhug:

I like to take frequent breaks from FB because of all the drama and contention that can be found there. All those that like to scream about being "tolerant" and "open minded" need to realize that they need to be careful about how open minded they're becoming because their brains will fall out!

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

WhereCanITurn4Peace wrote:Sorry that happened to you, EmmaLee :ymhug:

I like to take frequent breaks from FB because of all the drama and contention that can be found there. All those that like to scream about being "tolerant" and "open minded" need to realize that they need to be careful about how open minded they're becoming because their brains will fall out!
Haha, true statement! ;) And thank you, Peace; I appreciate it. :ymhug: I, too, take long breaks from FB - and the rare times I do post, it's usually just a funny or a nice quote. The whole 'silence is consent' thing ("The maxim is Qui tacet consentiret: the maxim of the law is "Silence gives consent". -- Sir Thomas More - or as some put it, being 'lukewarm'), especially in the face of enormous opposition (and none of my conservative friends speaking up), got to my conscience today though, and I did partake. :-ss

On the flip side - I just got an amazing private message from a long-time friend of mine who has always, her whole life, been a Democrat - voted for Obama twice, etc. - and she THANKED me for my FB posts today! She also thanked me publicly, on the post, where our mutual liberal friends could see. :-o Ask my husband - I about fell off the chair when I read her message and saw her comment. Said she agreed with what I had said and appreciated that it made her think about some things. *-:) And that made it all worth it. :-BD

WhereCanITurn4Peace
captain of 100

Post by WhereCanITurn4Peace »

EmmaLee wrote: Haha, true statement! ;) And thank you, Peace; I appreciate it. :ymhug: I, too, take long breaks from FB - and the rare times I do post, it's usually just a funny or a nice quote. The whole 'silence is consent' thing ("The maxim is Qui tacet consentiret: the maxim of the law is "Silence gives consent". -- Sir Thomas More - or as some put it, being 'lukewarm'), especially in the face of enormous opposition (and none of my conservative friends speaking up), got to my conscience today though, and I did partake. :-ss

On the flip side - I just got an amazing private message from a long-time friend of mine who has always, her whole life, been a Democrat - voted for Obama twice, etc. - and she THANKED me for my FB posts today! She also thanked me publicly, on the post, where our mutual liberal friends could see. :-o Ask my husband - I about fell off the chair when I read her message and saw her comment. Said she agreed with what I had said and appreciated that it made her think about some things. *-:) And that made it all worth it. :-BD
"Silence gives consent"...totally understandable, I'm partial to observing myself, but there are those times that I'm moved upon to testify or to stand up for someone (or something) that needs it.

Speaking of Sir Thomas More...what an interesting life! I particularly admired his fortitude at the farce of a trial where he was found guilty and was betrayed by the king he worked diligently for. "I die the King's good servant, and God's first." His persecution of those trying to publish the Bible in English wasn't a bright moment, though. I really enjoyed the movie depicting his final years "A Man for All Seasons".

I love to read and watch programs about the Tudor period. History is fascinating...after all if it's not learned, we are doomed to repeat it :)

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"How the Women’s March Found Its Distinctly Jewish Voice
as a thousand people crammed into the ornate, cavernous sanctuary of B’nai Jeshurun on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, and another 400 waited patiently in a line that extended around the block, it was clear that today’s protest organized by women against President Donald Trump had found a distinctly Jewish voice.

Soulful niggunim, those timeless melodies set to ancient verses or sometimes no words at all, filled the synagogue. Rabbis called upon lessons from the Torah to galvanize the crowd. Even the local member of Congress, Democrat Jerrold Nadler, sprinkled his speech with Hebrew phrases.

Of course, this was in the heart of liberal Jewish New York. But the fact that, as one organizer told me, representatives from about 30 synagogues — including the Orthodox one where Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump attend — took part in this unusual Shabbat morning gathering illustrated both the diversity of the effort and its sense of common purpose.

The participants and the leaders were both men and women, but there was an overt acknowledgment that today’s protest march, centered in Washington DC and magnified in more than 600 cities around the world, was founded, led by and focused on women. It helped that, according to the Jewish calendar, the beginning of the book of Exodus was read in synagogues everywhere this morning. Women often play a supporting role in Biblical stories, or no role at all, but today’s portion contained examples of women with agency and the ability to dramatically change the course of events....
"
http://forward.com/news/360755/how-the- ... ish-voice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:-B

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

My post was actually more of a pro-life thing than an anti-Women's March thing, and still - just got attacked - called names - basically accused of being the devil. I mean, a couple of them were foaming at the proverbial mouth with anger towards me. I even mentioned that I had NOT voted for Trump, and I never said his name once until AFTER I'd been attacked (and even then it was just to point out that I did not vote for him), but it didn't make a difference - which makes me wonder what really is at the root of their attacks? Because the only thing I put in my post was The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and a few links to clips and articles showing the hatred of the marchers towards pro-life women. One of the young women who commented on my post with a nasty remark was HERSELF the product of a horny teenager who easily could have gotten an abortion, but instead chose to bring HER to term and give HER LIVING self up for adoption - wherein, she was adopted by two wonderful, loving LDS parents, and she HERSELF now has 4 children. Oh the irony... #-o Did I mention ALL these are women in my ward and stake - in most cases they and/or their husbands hold leadership positions. ´
I am tempted to post a video where Mark Passio, an ex priest in the Church of Satan, goes on about how most Christians today are in fact Satanists but don't even know it. You see, the philosophy of Satanism permeates our society to the point that unless you are actively seeking to counter it then, by default, you will absorb it. The self-centered, consumeristic culture is one that is an enemy of Christ. And sure, it is presented to the public in the guise of nice terms like "equality" or "fairness" but when you go below the surface, the ultimate goal is to destroy faith and destroy family no matter how much cute piano music you play behind a pretty face on TV telling you how enlightened you can be if you follow his or her agenda.

Sadly the scriptures tell us to be actively engaged in prayer and study but most people (even LDS ones) are lazy and prefer to hear fluffy doctrine and find comfort in philosophies that give them images of unicorns and butterflies in a peaceful meadow.

EmmaLee, I wonder how many of your visciuos LDS social network friends actually listened to any of the speakers at that "women's march?" I apologize for the crude speech by Ashley Judd but maybe your friends should be aware.

An additional note:
They married in December 2001 at Skibo Castle.[21][22] They have no children, with Judd telling the Sunday Mail that "it's unconscionable to breed with the number of children who are starving to death in impoverished countries".[22] They divorced in 2013.[23]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Judd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Okay, here is the Passio video. I like what he terms the avalanche of ignorance in today's world. I do not agree with his notions about Christ as a historical figure but he is quite correct in regards to how humans are deceived.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

EmmaLee wrote:I dared to post my reasoned and calm opposition to the fake 'women's' march (it was not 'for' women, as much as it was 'against' Trump) on FB this morning. Wow and WOW. I have been getting pummeled all day by my friends (?). In fact, the ones yelling the loudest at me are all - ALL - active, recommend holding LDS women.

My post was actually more of a pro-life thing than an anti-Women's March thing, and still - just got attacked - called names - basically accused of being the devil. I mean, a couple of them were foaming at the proverbial mouth with anger towards me. I even mentioned that I had NOT voted for Trump, and I never said his name once until AFTER I'd been attacked (and even then it was just to point out that I did not vote for him), but it didn't make a difference - which makes me wonder what really is at the root of their attacks? Because the only thing I put in my post was The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and a few links to clips and articles showing the hatred of the marchers towards pro-life women. One of the young women who commented on my post with a nasty remark was HERSELF the product of a horny teenager who easily could have gotten an abortion, but instead chose to bring HER to term and give HER LIVING self up for adoption - wherein, she was adopted by two wonderful, loving LDS parents, and she HERSELF now has 4 children. Oh the irony... #-o Did I mention ALL these are women in my ward and stake - in most cases they and/or their husbands hold leadership positions.

If I've learned anything from this experience it is that the Brethren may want to think about doing one of two things. Either, A) Delete this question from the recommend questions - "Do you support, affiliate with, or agree with any group or individual whose teachings or practices are contrary to or oppose those accepted by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?", or B) Re-word that question and name names, be specific about 'groups' and 'individuals' who fit the bill, in their view. Personally, I would choose 'A' because as it is written, it means nothing and applies to all of us, I'm sure. Anyway, should be interesting going to church next Sunday. :-s

I will also take this opportunity to add that I have never - not even once - gone on to any of my (many) liberal friends' FB accounts and verbally slapped them for any of the liberal, political stuff they've posted - NOT ONCE. Yet EVERY time I post anything of a conservative political nature (which isn't often, very rarely, in fact), THEY feel the need to come onto my post and rant and rail against me. Liberal 'tolerance' at its finest. :ymparty:

A funny, but not funny, comment was made by one of my few nice friends, when she asked what were those pink things all those women were wearing at the marches. X_X She legitimately had no clue (I discussed it with her privately, bless her). This is a woman in her 40's, birth mother of 7 children, reasonably intelligent and educated. The 'not funny' part is that someone so 'not of the world' and with such naivete is easy to sway and control, and we have many of the same friends, who were beginning to woo her over to the dark side - so she was utterly shocked to learn who was backing these marches, what they were really about, and what the rude, vulgar costumes were supposed to be, etc. :ymsigh:
So sad that LDS women would be part of a vulgar protest. Didn't they understand they were supporting abortion rights?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Trump Triumphs Where Obama Failed
https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-t ... ma-failed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Trump has gotten more fat women to walk in one day then Michelle Obama did in eight years."

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

ajax wrote:Trump Triumphs Where Obama Failed
https://www.lewrockwell.com/political-t ... ma-failed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Trump has gotten more fat women to walk in one day then Michelle Obama did in eight years."
My wife was not aware of how the 3-rd wave feminists have made obesity into a women's issue and have even gone so far as shaming fit women. She noted that everything about these people's philosophy is destructive.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Fiannan wrote:Sadly the scriptures tell us to be actively engaged in prayer and study but most people (even LDS ones) are lazy and prefer to hear fluffy doctrine and find comfort in philosophies that give them images of unicorns and butterflies in a peaceful meadow.

Well, with the women I'm referring to, they'd prefer images of hunky naked men, Che Guevera, and Obama, instead of unicorns and butterflies, I'm afraid. Saw a nasty comment on one of my few conservative friend's FB this morning. This friend was also trying to point out that this 'Women's March' was in no way 'for' women, and that it actually did more damage to women than most would care to imagine, and she called the actions of the marchers "ridiculous" (which of course, they were) - and one of our mutual socialist friends piped in and said, "Yeah, caring about your fellow man and the world our children inherit is ridiculous." @-) Let me add that this socialist woman who posted this self-righteous comment is one of the women I mentioned a couple years ago on LDSFF, as one (of many) who had divorced her husband and destroyed their family of 5 young children. She herself admits that the ONLY reason she divorced him was because, and I quote HER OWN words, "I was bored and wanted to be single again." :-o Of their 5 children, FOUR of them are now on psyche meds (and they were not before), and both she and her husband have had to file for bankruptcy. Yet she has the unmitigated GALL and NERVE to think SHE "cares about her fellow man and the world her children inherit"???? She has ZERO control over her own life, has utterly destroyed her husband's life, and worst of all, she has crushed the living daylights out of the lives of their 5 young children - yet she somehow thinks she is or can do squat diddly to help mankind or her/our children??? See, it's things like this that make me wonder if we really are living in the Matrix and the plugs have come loose or something, because people are INSANE.

EmmaLee, I wonder how many of your visciuos LDS social network friends actually listened to any of the speakers at that "women's march?" I apologize for the crude speech by Ashley Judd but maybe your friends should be aware.

The thing is, these women are just like dear old Ashley - crude, rude, talk about things on FB (and in RS, and sometimes even over the pulpit in sacrament meeting... @-) ) that would probably even make you blush, Fiannan. :ymblushing:

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Spider wrote:So sad that LDS women would be part of a vulgar protest. Didn't they understand they were supporting abortion rights?
Yes, they absolutely knew that - admitted it - and were happy about it. Almost my whole post was about the Family Proclamation and being pro-life. I shared links to many videos and articles stating who was behind these marches, what they were really about, etc. and I got nothing but hate for doing so. These LDS women have no problem with abortion and are very publicly 'pro-choice'. They all have temple recommends, too. The meanest, nastiest one of all, who posted the longest rant against me/conservatives/pro-life people, etc. is the wife of the 1st counselor in our Bishopric.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

EmmaLee wrote:
Spider wrote:So sad that LDS women would be part of a vulgar protest. Didn't they understand they were supporting abortion rights?
Yes, they absolutely knew that - admitted it - and were happy about it. Almost my whole post was about the Family Proclamation and being pro-life. I shared links to many videos and articles stating who was behind these marches, what they were really about, etc. and I got nothing but hate for doing so. These LDS women have no problem with abortion and are very publicly 'pro-choice'. They all have temple recommends, too. The meanest, nastiest one of all, who posted the longest rant against me/conservatives/pro-life people, etc. is the wife of the 1st counselor in our Bishopric.
I almost want to ask which denomination you belong to. It doesn't sound like my ward at all.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Silver wrote:
EmmaLee wrote:
I almost want to ask which denomination you belong to.

I ask that same question almost every Sunday. :-\

It doesn't sound like my ward at all.

I hear that from almost all my friends and family who live in other states. It's a mystery, for sure. One thing of possible interest is, almost all the staunchest libs in our ward are from.... Utah. :-? Coincidence? Don't know - may not mean anything, but it is the case with the biggest BO/Bernie/Clinton fans here.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Hello, Wheat. Meet Tares. Tares, Wheat.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

https://www.facebook.com/peggy.hubbard1 ... f=NEWSFEED" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Great video

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

Fiannan wrote:See the women's protest with hundreds of women wearing giant female reproductive costumes?

Real class.
Sounds disgusting.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

The much-hyped Women’s March on Washington delivered the big anti-Trump crowds and anti-Trump message its organizers hoped for. But this “success” may turn out to be counterproductive, since the images, profanity, hatred, and incivility projected by the participants will only serve to further polarize America. Moreover, it will confirm to millions of Americans that the liberal-left elites living in the Hollywood-Manhattan-D.C. Beltway-San Francisco bubble are completely out of touch with the concerns of real people and real families.

Michael Moore, Madonna, Van Jones, Ashley Judd, Gloria Steinem, Scarlett Johannson, Planned Parenthood, Revolutionary Communist Party, Communist Party USA, Workers World Party — these are the folks who represent the “real” America? These pampered, privileged, perfumed brats? For all their talk about representing the majority, seeking unity, and opposing the hatred and prejudice allegedly represented by Donald Trump, the leading voices of the Women’s March on Washington proved to be the voices of an extreme radical minority, spouting vitriol and malice.

Madonna, the tramp/vamp who has ridden vulgarity to fame and fortune, delivered a rant in which she admitted she has contemplated terrorism against the new president, fantasizing about blowing up the White House. “Yes, I am angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House,” Madonna shouted to the hundreds of thousands of march attendees in Washington, DC on Saturday, the day after President Trump’s inauguration. She began her tirade, laced with repeated F-bombs, with the empty proclamation: “Welcome to the revolution of love!”

Full article here - http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/po ... -duplicity" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;