Donald Trump Explains One Theme of His Presidency to Bring It Closer in Line With Banana Republic Style

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Donald Trump Explains One Theme of His Presidency to Bring It Closer in Line With Banana Republic Style

Post by ajax »

http://www.targetliberty.com/2017/01/do ... f-his.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From The Washington Post:
“Being a great president has to do with a lot of things, but one of them is being a great cheerleader for the country,” Trump said. “And we’re going to show the people as we build up our military, we’re going to display our military.

“That military may come marching down Pennsylvania Avenue. That military may be flying over New York City and Washington, D.C., for parades. I mean, we’re going to be showing our military,”
he added.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Donald Trump Explains One Theme of His Presidency to Bring It Closer in Line With Banana Republic Style

Post by ajax »

HL Mecken:
"The whole body of the people, high and low alike, are all the same when bands begin to play and the tramp, tramp, tramp of marching men converts every heart into a cocktail shaker. It is the supreme circus of circuses, combines all the excitement of a bullfight, a revival, a train wreck, a lynching, the dizziest, gaudiest, grandest, damnedest, sort of bust that the human mind can imagine..."
And we like the decorations...
I look out of my window and observe an officer of the United States Army passing down the street. Anno 1922. Like General Grant, he is without a sword. Like General Grant, he wears a sort of soldier's blouse for a coat. Like General Grant, he employs shoulder straps to indicate to the Army who he is. But there is something more. On the left breast of this officer, apparently a major, there blazes so brilliant a mass of color that, as the sun strikes it and the flash bangs my eyes, I wink, catch my breath and sneeze. There are two long strips, each starting at the sternum and disappearing into the shadows of the axilla every hue in the rainbow, the spectroscope, the kaleidoscope imperial purples, sforzando reds, wild Irish greens, romantic blues, loud yellows and oranges, rich maroons, sentimental pinks, all the half-tones from ultra-violet to infrared, all the vibrations from the impalpable to the unendurable. A gallant Soldat indeed! How he would shame a circus ticket-wagon if he wore all the medals and badges, the stars and crosses, the pendants and lavallieres, that go with those ribbons! . . . I glance at his sleeves. A simple golden stripe on the one six months beyond the raging main. None on the other --the Kaiser's cannon missed him.

Just what all these ribbons signify I am sure I don't know; probably they belong to campaign medals and tell the tale of butcheries in foreign and domestic parts mountains of dead Filipinos, Mexicans, Haitians, Dominicans, West Virginia miners, perhaps even Prussians. But in addition to campaign medals and the Distinguished Service Medal there are now certainly enough foreign orders in the United States to give a distinct brilliance to the national scene, viewed, say, from Mars.

-excerpted from HL Mencken, Star-Spangled Men

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Donald Trump Explains One Theme of His Presidency to Bring It Closer in Line With Banana Republic Style

Post by Col. Flagg »

Our country has been a banana republic since 2008 – that is when our financial system imploded with only phony funny money from the private ‘Fed’ papering over all the fraud and corruption since. The dollar is the biggest piece of toilet paper there is currency-wise and once the rest of the world figures it out, it’s game over for us. Good heck, 9/11 was mostly all about covering up massive financial criminal activity amongst institutions such as Enron and World Com (building 7), Marsh & McClennon (twin towers), AIG (building 7), Deutsche Bank, GM and others that dwarfed anything ever seen in world history. Throw in a little insurance fraud (twin towers) to eliminate a $2 billion asbestos abatement bill while walking away with $4.5 billion in insurance money (Silverstein) and it was one helluva scheme. Our ‘government’ and financial industry are one great big criminal operation that uses our military to protect themselves, their crimes and the almighty dollar! X( :ymsick:

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Col. Flagg wrote:Our country has been a banana republic since 2008 – that is when our financial system imploded with only phony funny money from the private ‘Fed’ papering over all the fraud and corruption since. The dollar is the biggest piece of toilet paper there is currency-wise and once the rest of the world figures it out, it’s game over for us. Good heck, 9/11 was mostly all about covering up massive financial criminal activity amongst institutions such as Enron and World Com (building 7), Marsh & McClennon (twin towers), AIG (building 7), Deutsche Bank, GM and others that dwarfed anything ever seen in world history. Throw in a little insurance fraud (twin towers) to eliminate a $2 billion asbestos abatement bill while walking away with $4.5 billion in insurance money (Silverstein) and it was one helluva scheme. Our ‘government’ and financial industry are one great big criminal operation that uses our military to protect themselves, their crimes and the almighty dollar! X( :ymsick:
I think your starting to cook under that tin-foil hat there bud...

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Durzan wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:Our country has been a banana republic since 2008 – that is when our financial system imploded with only phony funny money from the private ‘Fed’ papering over all the fraud and corruption since. The dollar is the biggest piece of toilet paper there is currency-wise and once the rest of the world figures it out, it’s game over for us. Good heck, 9/11 was mostly all about covering up massive financial criminal activity amongst institutions such as Enron and World Com (building 7), Marsh & McClennon (twin towers), AIG (building 7), Deutsche Bank, GM and others that dwarfed anything ever seen in world history. Throw in a little insurance fraud (twin towers) to eliminate a $2 billion asbestos abatement bill while walking away with $4.5 billion in insurance money (Silverstein) and it was one helluva scheme. Our ‘government’ and financial industry are one great big criminal operation that uses our military to protect themselves, their crimes and the almighty dollar! X( :ymsick:
I think your starting to cook under that tin-foil hat there bud...
Ha ha, no... I only wish. Might wanna do a reality check pal before throwing out insults that make you look silly.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

The Twin Towers conspiracy theory was what I was reffering to. I do agree on the weak dollar, although I do think you may be exaggerating a bit.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Durzan wrote:The Twin Towers conspiracy theory was what I was reffering to. I do agree on the weak dollar, although I do think you may be exaggerating a bit.
Ever taken a physics course? Gravity cannot turn a 110 story building to powder in 12 seconds. =))

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Col. Flagg wrote:
Durzan wrote:The Twin Towers conspiracy theory was what I was reffering to. I do agree on the weak dollar, although I do think you may be exaggerating a bit.
Ever taken a physics course? Gravity cannot turn a 110 story building to powder in 12 seconds. =))
http://www.debunking911.com/freefall.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You done cooking yet? I heard Tin-foil cooked brains are very nutritious. =))

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Durzan wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:
http://www.debunking911.com/freefall.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ever hear the term 'junk science'? 9/11 truth debunkers love to use it. #-o

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Col. Flagg wrote:
Durzan wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:

Why yes I have. It just so happens that I have little patience for stuff like that... particularly when it deals with a national tragedy such as 9/11.

Now, does that mean that government conspiracies don't exist? Hardly. But i'm not going to go out of my way to try to prove one of the hundreds of crackpot theories out there, especially since 95% of the information on the web is either fake, exaggerated, and/or taken out of context. With all the Fake News that has been slung about the past few years, there is very little information that I honestly trust, wether it be from crackpot sites or from the MSM.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Durzan wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:
Durzan wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote: Ever taken a physics course? Gravity cannot turn a 110 story building to powder in 12 seconds. =))

Why yes I have. It just so happens that I have little patience for stuff like that... particularly when it deals with a national tragedy such as 9/11.

Now, does that mean that government conspiracies don't exist? Hardly. But i'm not going to go out of my way to try to prove one of the hundreds of crackpot theories out there, especially since 95% of the information on the web is either fake, exaggerated, and/or taken out of context. With all the Fake News that has been slung about the past few years, there is very little information that I honestly trust, wether it be from crackpot sites or from the MSM.
Here are 2 great starting points - you'll never look back and wonder how you could have been so easily duped by the Gadiantons?

http://911research.wtc7.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ae911truth.org/news/248-news ... smith.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

Did you even look at the website I linked... It says WHY your assumption of the towers falling at free-fall is incorrect.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

But don't forget the pretext of providing an overriding reason to attack the Muslim world.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Durzan wrote:Did you even look at the website I linked... It says WHY your assumption of the towers falling at free-fall is incorrect.

I think Col. Flag has been at this game quite a bit longer than yourself. You will lose the battle . . . . provided you have an open mind.

You might start with the NIST scientist (mathematician) who has discovered that the WTC building reports produced by his own organization were basically . . . crap. Hear his testimony posted by Flagg, earlier at: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44729#p762708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next, you may want to step up your study by reading Dr. David Ray Griffin's book: Debunking 9/11 Debunking with the subtitle: (An Answer to Popular Mechanics and Other Defenders of the Official Conspiracy Theory)
Last edited by larsenb on January 19th, 2017, 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Durzan wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote:
Durzan wrote:
Col. Flagg wrote: Ever taken a physics course? Gravity cannot turn a 110 story building to powder in 12 seconds. =))

The wonderful thing about investigating 9/11 from a scientific angle is that you don't have to rely on crackpot theories . . all you need is a somewhat rudimentary understanding of the mechanics and thermodynamic aspects of physics.

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

The towers didn't even hit freefall speed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLShZOvxVe4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Durzan wrote:The towers didn't even hit freefall speed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLShZOvxVe4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
People talking about free fall are talking about the collapse of WTC building 7:
The strange part about the WTC 1 and 2 is their complete pulverization and the pyroclastic cloud formation (too much heat and energy to be from gravity collapse alone) :

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Durzan wrote:The towers didn't even hit freefall speed...

You miss the point. They were close to free fall. 9-11 seconds from the official reports. And you forget Building 7, as nvr mentions, where the building collapsed in free-fall speed for 2.5 seconds (2.2 according to the NIST WTC 7 Report) near the start of the collapse, which translates to having about 100 feet, or 8 stories of the building simultaneously, or almost simultaneously removed. You can't remove this amount of material from a building without an external force (i.e., office fires simply can't do that).

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Durzan wrote:Did you even look at the website I linked... It says WHY your assumption of the towers falling at free-fall is incorrect.
Trust me Durzan, I've seen almost every potential attempt to debunk solid laws of physics being broken and they're all based on junk science and feeble attempts to come up with a theory to support a conclusion instead of the other way around (which would be the scientific method). I spent 7 years researching the events of 9/11 and even produced a 2 hour film on the subject and so I'm not new to this stuff. Did you look at my 2 links?

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

other websites are just as cracpot if not more.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Durzan wrote:other websites are just as cracpot if not more.
Did you listen to the former NIST scientist who discovered that the WTC reports coming out of his organization were garbage? Rebut what he says and get back to us. But try to do it logically, not by name calling.

Otherwise, why keep posting on this? So far, you've brought nothing to the table.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

larsenb wrote:
Did you listen to the former NIST scientist who discovered that the WTC reports coming out of his organization were garbage? Rebut what he says and get back to us. But try to do it logically, not by name calling.

Otherwise, why keep posting on this? So far, you've brought nothing to the table.
It's sad to me how some priesthood holders are incapable of detecting deception or having the ability to discern truth from error. My own brother is in this camp too. Durzan is one of those who is ignorant and/or in denial about what happened - a lot of people are. :( And if our government and media said it was bin Laden and 19 camel jockeys with boxcutters, end of story. #-o

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Col. Flagg wrote:
larsenb wrote:

It's sad to me how some priesthood holders are incapable of detecting deception or having the ability to discern truth from error. My own brother is in this camp too. Durzan is one of those who is ignorant and/or in denial about what happened - a lot of people are. :( And if our government and media said it was bin Laden and 19 camel jockeys with boxcutters, end of story. #-o

It's quite easy for me to watch the collapse of those buildings and see it's unlike any other building fire I ever saw, live or on video, and identical to controlled demolition that I have seen live and on video.
So what does that leave me to conclude?
dc

Durzan

Post by Durzan »

My Analysis: Do you know of any other skyscrapers that had a Jet Plane fly into them? Probably not. Assuming for a moment that those planes actually hit the building (Thats hard to do, I know. :P)... What speed do you think those planes were flying at? The kinetic force alone is estimated in some circles to be the equivalent force of a surgical Thermonuclear warhead (Which can generate a temperature hotter than the core of the sun for a brief instant). The Kinetic energy generated a lot of heat due to friction, and what happens when you add a lot of heat to jet fuel in a narrow area: well, obviously... Kaboom. And thats not even considering the damage done to the planes engines upon impact, which would also result in an explosion. The explosion is enough to weaken the structural support at the breach, and in the surrounding levels. Notice in the videos that it takes at least a few minutes (Dunno if it was much longer...) after the impact for the towers to collapse. With reduced structural support from the breach and weakened structural support at the areas that were left damaged but intact, the tower cant support the weight for very long, especially when the center of balance had shifted in the remaining support.This is what caused the towers to come crashing down.

As for why the towers collapsed straight down instead of sideways... well, it was designed to happen that way as a contingency to minimise damage to other buildings IF it collapsed.

Edit: Computer Simulation Analysis I watched AFTER writing that which is above. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzInIjD ... freload=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for Building 7, it had a different structural design from the twin towers and was hit by falling debris from one of the Twin Towers, which caused the collapse.

Anyway... I can see this is a pointless battle. If were going to continue this conversation, Lets ask a mod to split these posts into their own thread. In the mean time, Peace Out.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Durzan wrote:My Analysis: Do you know of any other skyscrapers that had a Jet Plane fly into them? Probably not. Assuming for a moment that those planes actually hit the building (Thats hard to do, I know. :P)... What speed do you think those planes were flying at? The kinetic force alone is estimated in some circles to be the equivalent force of a surgical Thermonuclear warhead (Which can generate a temperature hotter than the core of the sun for a brief instant). The Kinetic energy generated a lot of heat due to friction, and what happens when you add a lot of heat to jet fuel in a narrow area: well, obviously... Kaboom. And thats not even considering the damage done to the planes engines upon impact, which would also result in an explosion. The explosion is enough to weaken the structural support at the breach, and in the surrounding levels. Notice in the videos that it takes at least a few minutes (Dunno if it was much longer...) after the impact for the towers to collapse. With reduced structural support from the breach and weakened structural support at the areas that were left damaged but intact, the tower cant support the weight for very long, especially when the center of balance had shifted in the remaining support.This is what caused the towers to come crashing down.

As for why the towers collapsed straight down instead of sideways... well, it was designed to happen that way as a contingency to minimise damage to other buildings IF it collapsed.

Edit: Computer Simulation Analysis I watched AFTER writing that which is above. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzInIjD ... freload=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for Building 7, it had a different structural design from the twin towers and was hit by falling debris from one of the Twin Towers, which caused the collapse.

Anyway... I can see this is a pointless battle. If were going to continue this conversation, Lets ask a mod to split these posts into their own thread. In the mean time, Peace Out.
Yes a pointless battle . . . for anyone totally convinced of the governments story. I doubt very much your position on this issue would ever change . . . unless you could actually entertain even the slightest possibility that the official story may be wrong in its major aspects.

To help nourish this tiny seed of doubt in your mind, try actually listening to the 13 minute testimony of a NIST scientist mentioned earlier, located here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44729#p762708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . He will tell you how he discovered that the conclusions of the reports produced by his own organization on the WTC collapses were bogus and garbage.

Now, the NIST report on Building 7 did get one thing correct: the damage to Building 7 was so minimal that any role it may have played in the collapse of the building was negligible.