Marijuana WOW (Can of Worms)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Marijuana WOW (Can of Worms)

Post by JohnnyL »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 9th, 2017, 5:36 pm I wish there was data some data to support all the claims that you and the pro-MJ crowd make. I really do.
Frankly, we don't give a damn.
Go look yourself, if you need it to feel happy.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 9th, 2017, 5:36 pm I wish there was data some data to support all the claims that you and the pro-MJ crowd make. I really do.
https://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/le ... annabidiol

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/tre ... nnabis-pdq

Latest Research for Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil

ClinicalTrails.Gov A Service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil)1. ClinicalTrials.gov is a web-based resource that provides patients, their family members, health care professionals, researchers, and the public with easy access to information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies on a wide range of diseases and conditions, as well as Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil.

View the multiple Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil including IBS & Seizure Disorders:

Cannabidiol for Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) are relatively common disease with a rising incidence. Cannabinoids have been known to have anti-inflammatory effect.

Cannabidiol Oral Solution as an Adjunctive Treatment for Treatment-resistant Seizure Disorder – This is a multicenter, open-label trial to assess the long-term safety and efficacy of Cannabidiol Oral Solution as adjunctive therapy for pediatric and adult subjects with treatment-resistant seizure disorders, including Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) or Dravet Syndrome (DS).

Pub Med US National Library of Medicine (Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil)2. The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is a national resource for molecular biology information. View the latest case studies on CBD Hemp Oil in the PubMed Directory.

View the multiple Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil including this one on Inflammation:

An Orally Active Cannabis Extract with High Content in Cannabidiol attenuates Chemically-induced Intestinal Inflammation and Hypermotility in the Mouse – In conclusion, CBD, given after the inflammatory insult, attenuates injury and motility in intestinal models of inflammation.

BJP British Journal of Pharmacology (Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil)3. Wiley is the international scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly publishing business of John Wiley & Sons, with strengths in every major academic and professional field and partnerships with many of the world’s leading societies.

View the multiple Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil including Neurodegenerative Diseases & Cancer:

The endocannabinoid system as a target for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease – Examining the evidence implicating the endocannabinoid system in the cause, symptomatology or treatment of neurodegenerative disease.

The endocannabinoid system and cancer: therapeutic implication – Cannabis-like compounds offer therapeutic potential for the treatment of breast, prostate and bone cancer in patients.

Cannabinoid Medicines International Association for Cannabiniod Medicines (Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil)4. International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines (IACM) is a scientific society advocating the improvement of the legal situation for the use of the hemp plant and the cannabinoids, for therapeutic applications through promotion of research and dissemination of information.

View the multiple Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil including Multiple Sclerosis & Cervical Cancer:

Target regulation of PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway by cannabidiol in treatment of experimental multiple sclerosis – CBD was found to promote neuronal survival by inhibiting JNK and p38 MAP kinases. These results provide an interesting discovery about the regulation of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway by cannabidiol administration, that could be a new potential therapeutic target for MS management.

Cannabidiol rather than Cannabis sativa extracts inhibit cell growth and induce apoptosis in cervical cancer cells – Cannabidiol rather than Cannabis sativa crude extracts prevent cell growth and induce cell death in cervical cancer cell lines.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

While I am STRICT observer of the word of wisdom and I do understand the controversy many good LDS people have about Marijuana, I have to say the Marijuana lifestyle where a person smokes it five times a day or one time a week for recreational use is a big problem for the user and society at large. Personal health and families are weakened or destroyed by the effects. Incomes are lowered. Brain function is lowered. Motivation is lowered. Paranoia can and will destroy ya. Outcomes are sometimes tragic as people move on to other ways to satiate their carnal appetites for pleasure. These facts are widely known. However, using marijuana as medicine(NOT SMOKING IT EVER) is actually a very good way to manage many ailments. How many people do you know who are on some type of pharmaceutical drug with various side effects including death? listen to the ads for new drugs. There is always a disclaimer attached indicating side effects from diarrhea to stroke to cancer to organ failure. Marijuana with low THC and high cbd taken in proper amounts orally have no obvious side effects. The word of wisdom in my opinion doesn't prohibited medical marijuana as well as other pharmaceutical drugs prescribed by a doctor. Do we as a LDS people want to become as debilitated as the pot smoking population is? And most are debilitated. Of course not. Is smoking pot a gateway drug? Yes. Is it appropriate for a card carrying member who is healthy to use marijuana? I believe that answer is no. The government is promoting medical marijuana loaded with obscene amounts of THC. Hardly any strains in the medical 'FIBER' industry are low THC. That's a problem. If you need low THC strains they can be located but even in a legal dispensary it is difficult. Why do people who use medical marijuana smoke it? Because that's what the government propagandists have proposed and sold. It's the preferred way. There is no one saying to them that it probably isn't healthy to smoke it as the tar is worse than what you would get smoking cigarettes. (Plus many green card holders only do it so they can smoke recreationally and possess plants at home.) The studies are not out on that yet as most lung cancer victims often only smoke cigarettes, well until marijuana was legalized that is. This is just one more evil design by evil men to keep the good from finding relief from a plant that can be enormously helpful and the bad to keep on perpetuating a bad habit legally. Is medical marijuana a scam? It is and it isn't. The dichotomy of this is truly astounding. I guess it comes down to how each of us perceives our own moral code. If you are against marijuana for true medicinal purposes using a true medicinal strain (low THC high cbd and taken orally in proper amounts) than I guess you shouldn't participate in big Pharma products as well. Throw away those blood pressure and anti depressant pills to name a few. (I think I read somewhere Utah has the highest amount of prescriptions given for anti-depressants in the United States. Hmmmmm) Some of the big pharma drugs are devastating to your health and can be addictive. What can help you can also hurt you even in tried and true medical practices. One other caveat to marijuana use is the cartel involvement in distribution illegally and legally. I know for a fact that the cartel is helping to fulfill marijuana orders in the legal dispensaries here in Washington. How do I know?.... well I don't want to die.... so that question will be left unanswered. The recreational part of this equation is pure evil as are the cartels, their minions and the lowlife scum who hang around the industry. Many people, families, and ultimately society pays for this. We are a weak, feckless bunch as a society. I see it daily. The secret combinations involved here are many and sophisticated. We have to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. So is anyone more confused yet or have you changed your mind one way or the other?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Ezra wrote: April 9th, 2017, 6:05 pm
https://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nida/le ... annabidiol

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/tre ... nnabis-pdq

Latest Research for Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil

ClinicalTrails.Gov A Service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil)1. ClinicalTrials.gov is a web-based resource that provides patients, their family members, health care professionals, researchers, and the public with easy access to information on publicly and privately supported clinical studies on a wide range of diseases and conditions, as well as Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil.

View the multiple Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil including IBS & Seizure Disorders:

Cannabidiol for Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) are relatively common disease with a rising incidence. Cannabinoids have been known to have anti-inflammatory effect.

Cannabidiol Oral Solution as an Adjunctive Treatment for Treatment-resistant Seizure Disorder – This is a multicenter, open-label trial to assess the long-term safety and efficacy of Cannabidiol Oral Solution as adjunctive therapy for pediatric and adult subjects with treatment-resistant seizure disorders, including Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome (LGS) or Dravet Syndrome (DS).

Pub Med US National Library of Medicine (Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil)2. The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is a national resource for molecular biology information. View the latest case studies on CBD Hemp Oil in the PubMed Directory.

View the multiple Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil including this one on Inflammation:

An Orally Active Cannabis Extract with High Content in Cannabidiol attenuates Chemically-induced Intestinal Inflammation and Hypermotility in the Mouse – In conclusion, CBD, given after the inflammatory insult, attenuates injury and motility in intestinal models of inflammation.

BJP British Journal of Pharmacology (Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil)3. Wiley is the international scientific, technical, medical, and scholarly publishing business of John Wiley & Sons, with strengths in every major academic and professional field and partnerships with many of the world’s leading societies.

View the multiple Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil including Neurodegenerative Diseases & Cancer:

The endocannabinoid system as a target for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease – Examining the evidence implicating the endocannabinoid system in the cause, symptomatology or treatment of neurodegenerative disease.

The endocannabinoid system and cancer: therapeutic implication – Cannabis-like compounds offer therapeutic potential for the treatment of breast, prostate and bone cancer in patients.

Cannabinoid Medicines International Association for Cannabiniod Medicines (Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil)4. International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines (IACM) is a scientific society advocating the improvement of the legal situation for the use of the hemp plant and the cannabinoids, for therapeutic applications through promotion of research and dissemination of information.

View the multiple Clinical Studies CBD Hemp Oil including Multiple Sclerosis & Cervical Cancer:

Target regulation of PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway by cannabidiol in treatment of experimental multiple sclerosis – CBD was found to promote neuronal survival by inhibiting JNK and p38 MAP kinases. These results provide an interesting discovery about the regulation of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway by cannabidiol administration, that could be a new potential therapeutic target for MS management.

Cannabidiol rather than Cannabis sativa extracts inhibit cell growth and induce apoptosis in cervical cancer cells – Cannabidiol rather than Cannabis sativa crude extracts prevent cell growth and induce cell death in cervical cancer cell lines.
Thanks for posting but it's not convincing:

"While there are promising preliminary data, the scientific literature is currently insufficient to either prove or disprove the efficacy and safety of CBD in patients with epilepsy.i and further clinical evaluation is warranted."

"Rigorous clinical studies are still needed to evaluate the clinical potential of CBD for specific conditions."

"may be therapeutically useful"

" anecdotal reports suggesting "

MUCH more scientific study is needed and should been done before effectiveness and safety claims can be made. Generally speaking, the claims made by the MJ crowd would even make an MLM blush.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Still the AMA kills close to half a million every year in medical mistakes. The drugs they peddle have tons of side effects. Lots of law suits. Lots of complications.

Where marijuana has zero deaths for those who abuse it. Abuse it mind you!!!!! Those who use it medically have had wonderful results. I have. And there are testimonies of so many others. Humans have been using it for a long time. In the days of Christ their paper was made of it their cloths were made of it. They cultivate it for oil as well as fibers. So they eat it. Evidence shows that the recipe for the anointing oil at the time was oilive oil with herbs including hemp flowers.

George Washington

“Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere.”

“Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country.” -Thomas Jefferson

The constitution was written on hemp paper.
Last edited by Ezra on April 11th, 2017, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

farmerchick wrote: April 9th, 2017, 7:36 pm So is anyone more confused yet or have you changed your mind one way or the other?
Nope. From a policy standpoint, maryjane should enjoy complete and unfettered legalization.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

I have mixed feelings on this subject. I smoked pot a few times in high school, as did most of my friends. This was the 70's and I wasn't LDS at that time. For me personally, only one of those times was a positive experience. The other times, it just seemed to bring out paranoia which I must have a tendency towards. I made a decision to quit doing that my senior year (both my parents had abused prescription meds which was easy for them since dad was a pharmacist; and I didn't really want to go down that road.) I don't even really do aspirin except in dire circumstances. Coca-cola was a LOT harder to give up which I also quit drinking for 20 years.

My youngest daughter has epilepsy. She is on very dangerous drugs to control the seizures. If marijuana could get her OFF those liver-destroying drugs, then I think I would be in favor of her using it, but she lives in Utah, so that isn't really doable for her.

I suspect there might have been a reason why God put that "herb" here on the earth. But he hasn't shared the reasons with me. Is there an evil spiritual component to the drug as was mentioned by a previous poster? I have no idea, but it is a possibility that should be considered, I guess. As it currently stands, there is a great deal more evil involved with the drug pushers from whom kids are getting their illegal pot; who are quick to push other substances upon them. Take a look at your local Utah newspapers--even the Happy Valley--and tell me that you aren't in the midst of an epidemic of Meth and Heroin abuse along with the illegal use of prescription meds. I know for a fact you are, because that is where my son and his friends developed their addictions, and they are severe. You name the drug; and he can find it within about 10 minutes in Orem. He has lived in Montana, Wyoming, Oregon, NY and Wisconsin but he will tell you that he can find the drugs quicker in Orem than in any of those places. What was his gateway drug? Nope--not pot. That came later. It was other kids selling or just giving away their mom's prescription uppers/downers/pain killers/anti-depressants, etc. You have to keep the Happy Valley happy, right?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

JohnnyL wrote: April 9th, 2017, 5:51 pm
Frankly, we don't give a damn.
Go look yourself, if you need it to feel happy.
Wow Johnny L, switch to de-caff, you sound like Captain Butler in , " Gone With The Wind." 📽

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

D&C 89 mentions three types of drinks: strong, hot, and mild, and then three plants specifically: the tobacco plant, the tea plant, and the coffee plant.

There are instructions concerning what they are useful for and what they should not be used for. I think that sometimes we read those things and think that all we need to do is just avoid them and that's that. I'd like to propose the idea that this is only partially true. If we consider for a minute that the word of wisdom is introduced as a "principle" with a promise that is significant. Elder Bednar defines a principles as "Doctrinally based guidelines for the exercise of agency."

I think that these instructions concerning these plants are also guidelines. The truth is that things can be used for good or bad depending on how they are used. I think the same thing applies for marijuana plants. The fibers have many uses and the oils may fight cancer. Should it be eaten or smoked? Well, maybe not, the same way that tobacco shouldn't be smoked but can help with bruises. The principles can guide the applications and the applications will differ depending on the situation.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

Laws of man should not supplant what God has ordained. Modern revelations affirm that all things that come of the earth, including wholesome herbs, are for the benefit, constitution, nature, and use of man, to be used with judgment and skill, not to excess nor by extortion.

The term marijuana was coined through propaganda, a psy-op. It's cannabis. It's no exception to what God has ordained. Cannabis is a wholesome herb.

As with any vegetation, there proper ways to use it and improper. Since what works for one person may not work for another at any given time, medicinal use may require trial and error; hence, the need to learn judgment and obtain skill in its use.

Among other resources, check out these:

* Interview by Richard Grove of the Tragedy and Hope channel:

* The Sacred Plant, a documentary series:
https://thesacredplant.com/

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

This may not be the case with everyone but I was on pain meds for 2 years after an injury and I can tell you that the Spirit was neither with me nor anywhere around me during that time. From my experience my personal opinion is I dont think you can have the Spirit with you when you are on drugs like that and would think it would be the same with marijuana.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

5tev3 wrote: July 13th, 2017, 1:58 pm D&C 89 mentions ... three plants specifically: the tobacco plant, the tea plant, and the coffee plant.
I don't see specific references to the tea and coffee plants.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

ajax wrote: July 14th, 2017, 11:29 am
5tev3 wrote: July 13th, 2017, 1:58 pm D&C 89 mentions ... three plants specifically: the tobacco plant, the tea plant, and the coffee plant.
I don't see specific references to the tea and coffee plants.
Well I know some of the controversy on what "hot drinks" could mean but it appears to have been always been interpreted as tea and coffee. The following is from John A. Widtsoe and note that he is quoting Hyrum, Brigham, and Joseph, although the last quote is second hand. To this day hot drinks are considered coffee and tea. Both of these are specific plant species as is the tobacco plant. Anyway, that's the premise I am working off of. The bigger point is the principle that things can have good and bad uses.
The question concerning the meaning of "hot drinks," as used in the Word of Wisdom, was at last brought to the Prophet Joseph Smith. He defined "hot drinks" as tea and coffee, the two common household beverages of the day. Joel H. Johnson, with whose family the Prophet was intimate, relates that on a Sabbath day in July (1833) following the giving of the "Word of Wisdom," when both Joseph and Hyrum Smith were in the stand, the Prophet said to the Saints: "I understand that some of the people are excusing themselves in using tea and coffee, because the Lord only said 'hot drinks' in the revelation of the Word of Wisdom. Tea and coffee are what the Lord meant when he said 'hot drinks'" (Johnson, J. H., A Voice from the Mountains, p. 12). On March 17, 1838, when the body of Seventies were preparing for their pilgrimage to the "land of Zion," they agreed that they should see to it that "the commandments are kept, and the Word of Wisdom heeded, that is, no tobacco, tea, coffee, snuff or ardent spirits of any kind to be taken internally" (Documentary History of the Church, Vol. 5, p. 90). Sometime later, in 1842, Hyrum Smith, the Prophet's brother, in speaking upon the Word of Wisdom concerning the term "hot drinks" said, "There are many who wonder what this can mean, whether it refers to tea or coffee, or not. I say it does refer to tea and coffee" (Improvement Era, 4:943). Brigham Young, who, as the President of the Council of Twelve, was very near to the Prophet, always taught that "hot drinks" meant tea and coffee.

He once said:

"I have heard it argued that tea and coffee are not mentioned in the Word of Wisdom; that is very true; but what were the people in the habit of taking as hot drinks when that revelation was given? Tea and coffee. We were not in the habit of drinking water very hot, but tea and coffee—the beverages in common use." (Discourses of Brigham Young, p. 283) (The Word of Wisdom, p.85-87, 99-101)

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

5tev3, I understand what Widsoe said, as well as Hyrum and Brigham and Joseph. What matters however is what sec 89 says.

Here is the problem as I see it. The saints are given a revelation sufficient for them to keep and ponder and apply in their lives as they see fit, without judgement or fear. But because they seek to be commanded in all things, they seek the "authorities" position on the definition of a word, and as human nature is, man loves to share his opinion. The opinions then supplant the actual written word, and become commandments in and of themselves.

The proper response to such an inquiry would be, "Brother, the revelation is sufficient in and of itself for your to take home, ponder and apply as you see fit. I will not judge or condemn your future course of action concerning this."

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=45026339&nid=14 ... r-his-pain
SALT LAKE CITY — Jon Huntsman Sr. has an interest in using medical marijuana for what it could do to treat the pain associated with his health problems.

The billionaire philanthropist has beaten cancer four times and has battled a painful inflammatory disorder called polymyalgia rheumatica for the past 10 years.

Huntsman is open to personally using cannabis in order to combat the associated pain. In a statement sent to the Deseret News, he criticized the stigma surrounding the drug.

"If medical marijuana was known by another name, it would have been utilized as a pain medication many years ago," Huntsman said. "From national research and understanding, the side effects of medical marijuana are considerably less than virtually all opioids and therefore less destructive to the body."

Huntsman told KSTU this week that, although he would "love to" try medical marijuana, hasn't done so before. He also told the TV station that he would rather "take the pain" than use opioids, which "haven't done the job."

He declined an interview Friday with the Deseret News to further discuss his views on the subject.

Huntsman's mother, father and stepmother each died from cancer. Combined with his own multiple bouts with the affliction, those ordeals drove the business magnate to provide the money to found the Huntsman Cancer Institute and secure lucrative donation funds to that center through the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, with the oft-repeated mandate of completely eradicating the disease.

The Utah Patients Coalition, which submitted a medical marijuana ballot initiative application last month, praised Huntsman for his remarks.

"Jon Huntsman Sr. has been a pioneer in advocacy and philanthropy for patient care, so it’s no surprise to us that he supports medical cannabis as another treatment option for physicians and patients," DJ Schanz, co-director of the coalition's campaign, said in a prepared statement. "Like so many other patients, he recognizes the dangers of opiates and wants an alternative. We appreciate his public support and look forward to giving Utah voters a chance to decide in 2018."

The group hopes to open marijuana treatment options in the state for patients suffering from cancer, Lou Gehrig's disease, multiple sclerosis, HIV, post-traumatic stress disorder, Alzheimer's disease, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and chronic pain.
I personally fall into two of these categories mentioned. They have near destroyed my life. (and I mean crippling :( ) NSAIDS SORT of help (and I mean that loosely) one condition but aggravate and contribute to the other. Opioids are AWFUL and don't work as I hoped. They also leave me feeling really out of sorts and not able to sleep. Being on steroids long term is an awful choice as well with side effects and long term consequences which is where I'm currently at. Nobody can understand or judge until they walked the walk how desperate one gets to find relief, I'm not asking for a cure or a miracle but one is ALWAYS hoped for... I'm talking RELIEF, a break from the constant. X(

Edit: BTW, I'm aware of what causes these chronic conditions in the first place (Leaky gut). I'm very conscious of what I eat, no gluten, dairy, sugar, I eat plenty of vegetables. What grains I do eat I soak. I do my best to stay away from GMO's. I've tried MANY of the natural remedies that should help and yet I still suffer. I would try marijuana in a heart beat. (No you don't smoke it and get high, I'm talking the oil version)

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Hi:

I'm a new member of the forum and look forward to discussing various gospel topics with all of you. I am a convert to the church and have been a member for 38 years. I grew up in northern Ontario and although I have quite a few issues with the church's behaviour, I do have a testimony that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that the Book of Mormon is scripture and that it was written for our day.

I've read most of the comments in this thread and I have always failed to understand why this topic is such a polarizing one. For me, it's irrelevant whether cannabis is good for you or if it's bad. Section 89 of the Doctrine & Covenants is explicitly clear about the temporal salvation of the saints in the latter days and verse 2 states, "To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the word of wisdom, showing forth the order and will of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days."

Why has the Word of Wisdom become a commandment despite the Lord stating that it should not be a commandment?

Why was the church advocating the use of force to prevent people from drinking alcohol by supporting prohibition in the USA?

Why are most church members quick to quote the word of wisdom when the vast majority of LDS choose to disobey the word of wisdom by eating meat when we are not experiencing famine?

I could go on and on...

The bottom line for me is D&C 121, that states in verses 41-42, "No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned; By kindness, and pure knowledge, which shall greatly enlarge the soul without hypocrisy, and without guile." Nowhere in any scripture that I have read does God advocate the use of force, or the law, or the threat of church discipline, or shunning or... to bring about a change in a person that we consider immoral. I wish people would just get over the fact that there are some who seem to enjoy and/or benefit from the use of a plant whilst others may not.

I can't help to think of how many good people we have turned away from the gospel message by making them feel out of place because of smoking, rather than exhibiting love and charity towards all. The bottom line for me is that the Lord has chosen not to make mention of cannabis and those who would be willing to use or advocate deadly force (the law, police force) to prevent others from using cannabis are in direct violation of God's commandments. One has to ask, why so much hate, lies and misinformation regarding a plant, a stupid, bloody plant!!!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

ajax wrote: July 15th, 2017, 10:52 am 5tev3, I understand what Widsoe said, as well as Hyrum and Brigham and Joseph. What matters however is what sec 89 says.

Here is the problem as I see it. The saints are given a revelation sufficient for them to keep and ponder and apply in their lives as they see fit, without judgement or fear. But because they seek to be commanded in all things, they seek the "authorities" position on the definition of a word, and as human nature is, man loves to share his opinion. The opinions then supplant the actual written word, and become commandments in and of themselves.

The proper response to such an inquiry would be, "Brother, the revelation is sufficient in and of itself for your to take home, ponder and apply as you see fit. I will not judge or condemn your future course of action concerning this."
Many years later, after many opinions, there were commandments about the WoW.

Though I understand what you mean, and I have seen it in other areas, too. I think that's where the Blacks and the priesthood and Hagoth/ all Indians of N.A. and the Pacific Islands are descendants of Lehi problems came from.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

kittycat51 wrote: July 15th, 2017, 11:30 am :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: ...
I personally fall into two of these categories mentioned. They have near destroyed my life. (and I mean crippling :( ) NSAIDS SORT of help (and I mean that loosely) one condition but aggravate and contribute to the other. Opioids are AWFUL and don't work as I hoped. They also leave me feeling really out of sorts and not able to sleep. Being on steroids long term is an awful choice as well with side effects and long term consequences which is where I'm currently at. Nobody can understand or judge until they walked the walk how desperate one gets to find relief, I'm not asking for a cure or a miracle but one is ALWAYS hoped for... I'm talking RELIEF, a break from the constant. X(
Edit: BTW, I'm aware of what causes these chronic conditions in the first place (Leaky gut). I'm very conscious of what I eat, no gluten, dairy, sugar, I eat plenty of vegetables. What grains I do eat I soak. I do my best to stay away from GMO's. I've tried MANY of the natural remedies that should help and yet I still suffer. I would try marijuana in a heart beat. (No you don't smoke it and get high, I'm talking the oil version)
[/quote]
It seems like so much a healthier choice than generally what's available. I hope it helps when/ if you do. When I read about some serious cases of CFS and especially fibromyalgia, just lying in bed--constant pain at an 8, flaring up to 10. For years. wow

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Marijuana was initially made illegal in 1937. Harry Anslinger, the father of the war on weed testified that the drug made white women want to be with black men.
“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”
A lot of triggering words that could play on people's biases :lol: I can see how that would have put a lot of fear into the LDS community about marijuana

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 16th, 2017, 1:58 am Any substance that alters your brain function and reduces your judgement between right and wrong or removes one's so called inhibitions is extremely dangerous and needs to be avoided at all costs except under strict medical supervision. I don't care what wired justifications you can have but most grievous sin occurs in conjunction with WoW violations. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. If some person smoking cannabis creates a vehicle collision and takes out a family member!!

Yes there are very serious long-term health effects but the immediate now spiritual effects are much worse. don't be a crack head.

In the work place cannabis is banned - if there is any work related incident a person is tested for alcohol and drug use, any found the persons employment is terminated. A few years back I worked at a mining company and a new starter came in for induction and tested positive for cannabis - that was the end of his employment on the first day. He had resigned his previews job move his household 900km to start the new job, all for one mornings 'work' and one weeks salary.
Pot can not only alter your judgement between right and wrong, it can affect your judgement regarding simple tasks. I'll never forget doing geologic field work w/a fellow who smoked pot every night. He is the only person I've had an argument with about the direction of north, even when we had a working Brunton compass to back up my claim. My north was his south.

I had a roommate who had smoked since about the age of 10. A bright guy, but he couldn't quite handle math. When working on a Master's degree, he had to get some algebra credit, but had to take the same course 2-3 times before he finally passed it. Each time the book would end up shredded from him throwing it against the wall. I couldn't help thinking his experience was fueled by his long term mj smoking.

Though, I did love the smell of the Sinsemilla he grew in our laundry room . . . . (circa '70's, Bay Area)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

kittycat51 wrote: July 15th, 2017, 11:30 am . . . . . . . Edit: BTW, I'm aware of what causes these chronic conditions in the first place (Leaky gut). I'm very conscious of what I eat, no gluten, dairy, sugar, I eat plenty of vegetables. What grains I do eat I soak. I do my best to stay away from GMO's. I've tried MANY of the natural remedies that should help and yet I still suffer. I would try marijuana in a heart beat. (No you don't smoke it and get high, I'm talking the oil version)
GAPS therapy? I've heard that is supposed to help 'Leaky gut'. Brlenox has looked into that, and may be able to share his research.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Comparing breast milk from a mother to marijuana is the most idiotic argument I've ever heard. It's beyond stupid. For you to come up with a justification at least make it sound reasonable. The only good lies are the ones that you know are half true, confuse people, or sound good. But any sane person is going to think ...comparing breast milk to marijuana doesn't even make sense. Not even a kid in elementary school is going to fall for that.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

gardener4life wrote: November 21st, 2017, 11:42 pm Comparing breast milk from a mother to marijuana is the most idiotic argument I've ever heard. It's beyond stupid. For you to come up with a justification at least make it sound reasonable. The only good lies are the ones that you know are half true, confuse people, or sound good. But any sane person is going to think ...comparing breast milk to marijuana doesn't even make sense. Not even a kid in elementary school is going to fall for that.
Cannabinoids are naturally produced in every human mothers breast milk.

https://www.naturalnews.com/036526_cann ... k_THC.html

It’s a fact.

But beyond that fact it’s a drug that can be used for good or evil. I was guided to it through other lds church members to cure my sons autism with Cbd oil. I also make and use high thc/cbd concentrate lotions to heal my wrist which I broke when I was 20 and have not had full mobility with since that time up I until about a year ago. 5 topical doses took my wrist from 75% mobility to 100% with no more pain.

I would never recommend anyone smoke it or use it to get high in any way. But it has some wonderful medical uses that I am very grateful to have the freedoms to grow and use it for. I am very thankful to my lord and savior for guiding and opening the eyes of other members of the church who then lead me to it. I used to be extremely against it.

Thca which is the unheated form of thc is just one of many types of cbd that Is found in marijuana and hemp. It is one of the better pain relievers. And if it’s not heated to over 220 degrees it doesn’t make you high.

That’s why smoking it makes you high. At 220 degrees thc changes from thca to the true thc.

So in a natural form the plant doesn’t make people high. It’s only when it’s heated over 220 degrees.

The lotion I make is done through a cold extraction of the cbd and thca. So you could also injest it with no concerns. But it works wonderfully topically for on the spot almost instantly pain relief with no side effects. Unless you call 100% mobility a side effect. I didn’t expect that. I figured i was just going to have some pain relief.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

There is a huge difference in the chemistry of breast milk and marijuana. An educated person with chemistry education (real education not meth and drug cookers etc) can show you how they are different.