Marijuana WOW (Can of Worms)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Re: Marijuana WOW (Can of Worms)

Post by Spaced_Out »

Any substance that alters your brain function and reduces your judgement between right and wrong or removes one's so called inhibitions is extremely dangerous and needs to be avoided at all costs except under strict medical supervision. I don't care what wired justifications you can have but most grievous sin occurs in conjunction with WoW violations. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. If some person smoking cannabis creates a vehicle collision and takes out a family member!!

Yes there are very serious long-term health effects but the immediate now spiritual effects are much worse. don't be a crack head.

In the work place cannabis is banned - if there is any work related incident a person is tested for alcohol and drug use, any found the persons employment is terminated. A few years back I worked at a mining company and a new starter came in for induction and tested positive for cannabis - that was the end of his employment on the first day. He had resigned his previews job move his household 900km to start the new job, all for one mornings 'work' and one weeks salary.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Spaced_Out wrote:Any substance that alters your brain function and reduces your judgement between right and wrong or removes one's so called inhibitions is extremely dangerous and needs to be avoided at all costs except under strict medical supervision. I don't care what wired justifications you can have but most grievous sin occurs in conjunction with WoW violations. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. If some person smoking cannabis creates a vehicle collision and takes out a family member!!

Yes there are very serious long-term health effects but the immediate now spiritual effects are much worse. don't be a crack head.

In the work place cannabis is banned - if there is any work related incident a person is tested for alcohol and drug use, any found the persons employment is terminated. A few years back I worked at a mining company and a new starter came in for induction and tested positive for cannabis - that was the end of his employment on the first day. He had resigned his previews job move his household 900km to start the new job, all for one mornings 'work' and one weeks salary.
Drug test only test for thc. Cbd doesn't have those side effects you speak of or show up on drug tests. Even so. If a person uses marijuana for medical purposes and is drug tested at work and fails and they get canned. That is not right. It's injustice. Doctors prescribe much worse and addictive drugs all the time. Doctors prescribe marijuana as well. Why should a person be fired for doing nothing other then taking care of their health? All things put in our body's have a effect on our brain. Food water soda sugar. All have chemistry that changes and effects different things in the body and brain. All drugs have an effect on the brain and body.
thats why I say it's injustice for a person to be fired for doing nothing wrong. They just showed up to work for their first day having some chemicals from a plant god made for us in his system. Why don't companies fire people for drinking alcohol? Why don't they fire people for smoking cigarettes? How it is just to fire people for one drug and not another? Expecially when no wrong has been done buy that use?

I can understand not wanting a person who could possibly cause an accident working for you. But how is a test for thc going to tell you if they won't drink on the job or text while driving? They should find someone that can tell the future and have them do a fortune telling for each employee. In other words it's a bit ridiculous to think finding thc in someone's system means they are more likely to cause an accident then someone with a cell phone.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

brianj wrote:
Vision wrote:Where in the WOW does it say one word about addiction, soda, sugar, etc? Where do you people come up with this stuff

modern prophets.
Last edited by Vision on January 16th, 2017, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

brianj wrote:
Vision wrote:Where in the WOW does it say one word about addiction, soda, sugar, etc? Where do you people come up with this stuff.

The same place we come up with things like believing the WoW is a commandment as opposed to the invitation it describes itself as: modern prophets

I didn't realize that current social trends were started by Modern Prophets? I thought it was the other way around that current social trends slipped into modern day church and became doctrines through cultural folklore.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Ezra wrote:
Spaced_Out wrote:Any substance that alters your brain function and reduces your judgement between right and wrong or removes one's so called inhibitions is extremely dangerous and needs to be avoided at all costs except under strict medical supervision. I don't care what wired justifications you can have but most grievous sin occurs in conjunction with WoW violations. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. If some person smoking cannabis creates a vehicle collision and takes out a family member!!

Drug test only test for thc. Cbd doesn't have those side effects you speak of or show up on drug tests. Even so. If a person uses marijuana for medical purposes and is drug tested at work and fails and they get canned. That is not right. It's injustice. Doctors prescribe much worse and addictive drugs all the time. Doctors prescribe marijuana as well. Why should a person be fired for doing nothing other then taking care of their health? All things put in our body's have a effect on our brain. Food water soda sugar. All have chemistry that changes and effects different things in the body and brain. All drugs have an effect on the brain and body.
thats why I say it's injustice for a person to be fired for doing nothing wrong. They just showed up to work for their first day having some chemicals from a plant god made for us in his system. Why don't companies fire people for drinking alcohol? Why don't they fire people for smoking cigarettes? How it is just to fire people for one drug and not another? Expecially when no wrong has been done buy that use?

I can understand not wanting a person who could possibly cause an accident working for you. But how is a test for thc going to tell you if they won't drink on the job or text while driving? They should find someone that can tell the future and have them do a fortune telling for each employee. In other words it's a bit ridiculous to think finding thc in someone's system means they are more likely to cause an accident then someone with a cell phone.
Really? Try popping Vicodan then taking a drug test. You will have to prove that you have a prescription for the drug or you will lose your job. Marijuana is a controlled substance for a reason, and since it is illegal under federal law to use the drug employers should have the right to choose between allowing somebody to continue working if they have a prescription for marijuana or terminating them.

And some employers will fire people for smoking cigarettes. I have worked for at least one employer that had a zero tolerance policy on tobacco use.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

LdsCo? ^^^

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Ezra wrote: Drug test only test for thc. Cbd doesn't have those side effects you speak of or show up on drug tests. Even so. If a person uses marijuana for medical purposes and is drug tested at work and fails and they get canned. That is not right. It's injustice. Doctors prescribe much worse and addictive drugs all the time. Doctors prescribe marijuana as well. Why should a person be fired for doing nothing other then taking care of their health? All things put in our body's have a effect on our brain. Food water soda sugar. All have chemistry that changes and effects different things in the body and brain. All drugs have an effect on the brain and body.

The mines in Australia test for all drugs and alcohol, it is a mandatory requirement that a person declares any prescribed substance that is potentially mined altering or can cause drowsiness. People with chronic illness that require high ongoing drug intake are probably not fit for work and put their own lives and that of their coworkers at risk. Every person undergoes a mandatory medical prior to employment - if anything is found the person is not offered employment. We live in a world where you get sued for millions of dollars and insurance rates go up and gov. can close the workplace down if their is an incident and you did not take all 'reasonable' precautions.

Any incident at work and one is tested for drugs and alcohol the same if there is a vehicle accident on any public road the police do mandatory drug and alcohol testing if you exceed any limits you get the book thrown at you. It is simply dumb to take any mind altering substance and work with tools, machinery or operate a vehicle. To say sugar like cannabis all alter the mind is not a justification for taking the obviously far more powerful and decision altering substance.

Sugar does not alter one's decision making progress unless diabetic - again taking process altering drugs is first of all spiritually damaging and leads to serous sins. Go to any rehab center and ask rehabilitated addicts they will tell you straight the impact it has on their lives and how it destroyed them, and there is no justification.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Spaced_Out wrote:
Ezra wrote: Drug test only test for thc. Cbd doesn't have those side effects you speak of or show up on drug tests. Even so. If a person uses marijuana for medical purposes and is drug tested at work and fails and they get canned. That is not right. It's injustice. Doctors prescribe much worse and addictive drugs all the time. Doctors prescribe marijuana as well. Why should a person be fired for doing nothing other then taking care of their health? All things put in our body's have a effect on our brain. Food water soda sugar. All have chemistry that changes and effects different things in the body and brain. All drugs have an effect on the brain and body.

The mines in Australia test for all drugs and alcohol, it is a mandatory requirement that a person declares any prescribed substance that is potentially mined altering or can cause drowsiness. People with chronic illness that require high ongoing drug intake are probably not fit for work and put their own lives and that of their coworkers at risk. Every person undergoes a mandatory medical prior to employment - if anything is found the person is not offered employment. We live in a world where you get sued for millions of dollars and insurance rates go up and gov. can close the workplace down if their is an incident and you did not take all 'reasonable' precautions.

Any incident at work and one is tested for drugs and alcohol the same if there is a vehicle accident on any public road the police do mandatory drug and alcohol testing if you exceed any limits you get the book thrown at you. It is simply dumb to take any mind altering substance and work with tools, machinery or operate a vehicle. To say sugar like cannabis all alter the mind is not a justification for taking the obviously far more powerful and decision altering substance.

Sugar does not alter one's decision making progress unless diabetic - again taking process altering drugs is first of all spiritually damaging and leads to serous sins. Go to any rehab center and ask rehabilitated addicts they will tell you straight the impact it has on their lives and how it destroyed them, and there is no justification.
Ever hear of a thing called obesity? Of coarse you have. Anything done wrong is harmful to the body and mind. Anything put in the body in a incorrect manner is sin. A person can kill themselfs drinking too much water. Or not enough.

There is a right way of diet to be healthy. There is a right way of drinking water to be healthy. There is a right way of medication to fix a problem of the body and mind.

This is according to God.

Marijuana is very medicinal. Can it be used correctly. You bet. Can it be used incorrectly. You bet. So can water. Water is a lot harder to use incorrectly. But you get the point.

God created a world of plants fruit nuts and animals and fish and so on for us. He also gave us the Holy Ghost to guide us. Help us to know the correct way.

He gave us agency so we can be rewarded for choosing correctly or to sin and have those consequences.

Would it be correct to use medication that makes you drowsy while driving or operating machines. Obviously not. But there is a place and time. And to fire someone who used that medication correctly who 1-4 weeks later still had it in there system. Is also a sin by the employer.
It would be a sin of the employer to not fire someone who would do anything to endanger themselfs or others in a work environment regardless of what it was that they were putting in their body's.

Sandinista
captain of 100

Post by Sandinista »

I'm seriously addicted to Dr. Pepper. But after Pres Uchtdorf came clean last General conference on "certain diet sodas" I think I'm okay! :)

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Sandinista wrote:I'm seriously addicted to Dr. Pepper. But after Pres Uchtdorf came clean last General conference on "certain diet sodas" I think I'm okay! :)
If aspartame is ok then man we should be good with almost anything.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Ezra wrote:
Sandinista wrote:I'm seriously addicted to Dr. Pepper. But after Pres Uchtdorf came clean last General conference on "certain diet sodas" I think I'm okay! :)
Hey, who needs brain cells?!

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

JohnnyL wrote:
Ezra wrote:
Hey, who needs brain cells?!
Who needs brain cells when your drinking cancer in a can? Obviously someone does.

butterfly
captain of 1,000

Post by butterfly »

We had an investigator who had a prescription for marijuana to cope with pain from cancer. The mission president said she had to give it up in order to get baptized.
She did get baptized but I often think we made a mistake; by taking away marijuana as an option for pain relief, something that has nearly no negative side effects, she was probably forced to use something from big pharma to cope with the pain. And if anything should be against the WoW, it's some of those crazy drugs big pharma sells- the side effects alone can kill you.

I wish I had never even asked the mission president; medicinal marijuana use is not a specific question in the baptismal interview and I don't think the issue would've even come up.
Regrets...

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

butterfly wrote:We had an investigator who had a prescription for marijuana to cope with pain from cancer. The mission president said she had to give it up in order to get baptized.
She did get baptized but I often think we made a mistake; by taking away marijuana as an option for pain relief, something that has nearly no negative side effects, she was probably forced to use something from big pharma to cope with the pain. And if anything should be against the WoW, it's some of those crazy drugs big pharma sells- the side effects alone can kill you.

I wish I had never even asked the mission president; medicinal marijuana use is not a specific question in the baptismal interview and I don't think the issue would've even come up.
Regrets...
This is something I dislike about the church's POLICY about the WoW--if an MD prescribes it, it's ok and not against the WoW. If you make the decision on your OWN, or it's not an MD that prescribes it, it's not ok and against the WoW.

Seriously?? The MD god, again...

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... study.html

International research has revealed that the more cannabis you smoke, the more likely you are to be lower paid and have relationship difficulties.
The study followed children from birth up to the age of 38 and found people who smoked cannabis four or more days a week over many years ended up in a lower social class than their parents.
It also found that regular and persistent users ended up with lower-paying, less skilled and less prestigious jobs than those who were not regular cannabis smokers.
Financial, work-related and relationship difficulties were further experienced by those taking the drug, which worsened as the number of years of regular cannabis use progressed.

+2
Research has revealed that the more cannabis you smoke, the more likely you are to be lower paid and have relationship difficulties (stock photo)
The study, conducted by a team of researchers led by Magdalena Cerda at the University of California and Avshalom Caspi and Terrie Moffitt at Duke University, appeared in the journal Clinical Psychological Science.
'Our research does not support arguments for or against cannabis legalization,' said Cerda. 'But it does show that cannabis was not safe for the long-term users tracked in our study.
'Our study found that regular cannabis users experienced downward social mobility and more financial problems such as troubles with debt and cash flow than those who did not report such persistent use.
'Regular long-term users also had more antisocial behaviors at work, such as stealing money or lying to get a job, and experienced more relationship problems, such as intimate partner violence and controlling abuse.'
RELATED ARTICLES
Previous
Next

Former Russian PM filmed in Moscow sex sting with...

Could paedophile footballer Adam Johnson's ex-girlfriend be...
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Researchers claimed the study was important as it addresses an array of 'potentially confounding factors' not included in past studies assessing cannabis' long-term effects on users.
Economic and social problems persisted in long-term, regular users of pot even after the authors accounted for other potential differences between regular cannabis users and other participants.
These factors included socioeconomic problems in childhood, lower IQ, antisocial behavior and depression in adolescence, higher levels of impulsivity, lower motivation to achieve, criminal conviction of cannabis users, and abuse of alcohol and hard drugs.
'These findings did not arise because cannabis users were prosecuted and had a criminal record,' said Caspi, a psychologist at Duke University and King's College London.
The study followed children from birth up to the age of 38 and found people who smoked cannabis four or more days a week over many years ended up in a lower social class than their parents (stock photo)
+2
The study followed children from birth up to the age of 38 and found people who smoked cannabis four or more days a week over many years ended up in a lower social class than their parents (stock photo)
'Even among cannabis users who were never convicted for a cannabis offense, we found that persistent and regular cannabis use was linked to economic and social problems.'
While both heavy alcohol and cannabis use were similarly associated with declines, the authors found that those dependent on cannabis experienced more financial difficulties.
'Cannabis may be safer than alcohol for your health, but not for your finances,' said Moffitt.
For the study, 947 participants who had completed at least three of the five adult cannabis assessments from ages 18 through 38.
Eighteen percent, or 173 participants, were considered marijuana dependent in at least one wave of the study, and 15 per cent fell into the regular cannabis use categories.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4dDYZP4hT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

http://www.universityprimetime.com/mari ... new-study/

Everyone in the study had been subjected to IQ tests between the ages of nine and twelve. They subjected this crew to follow-up IQ tests to see how their lifetime use of marijuana might have affected their IQ. They found that the non-smokers IQ’s stayed the same or went up slightly. The light smokers had an average IQ increase of five points, more than the non-smokers. That’s right. People who smoked weed moderately experience and increase in their IQ scores by 5 points compared to people who didn’t smoke weed. The heavy users had suffered an IQ loss of about four points.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Ezra wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 2:15 pm http://www.universityprimetime.com/mari ... new-study/

Everyone in the study had been subjected to IQ tests between the ages of nine and twelve. They subjected this crew to follow-up IQ tests to see how their lifetime use of marijuana might have affected their IQ. They found that the non-smokers IQ’s stayed the same or went up slightly. The light smokers had an average IQ increase of five points, more than the non-smokers. That’s right. People who smoked weed moderately experience and increase in their IQ scores by 5 points compared to people who didn’t smoke weed. The heavy users had suffered an IQ loss of about four points.
Do, doing drugs must be good for you.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I believe it is physically and psychologically addicting. So what if it's not as bad as alcohol or pain meds, that doesn't make it good. I've been around people who habitually smoke pot, their memory is bad among other things, why make it easy to get?

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 3:17 pm
Ezra wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 2:15 pm http://www.universityprimetime.com/mari ... new-study/

Do, doing drugs must be good for you.
Is that a question or statement?

I think it's not wise to use drugs except for medication.

I think it's not wise to put your health in the hands of someone who makes money on the fact that you are sick. It's good business to have unhealthy people. If they were really good at their job they would go out of business.

Marijuana is not bad. Not evil. Just like guns it can be used badly by people. But it can also be used as god intended it to be used. It cured my sons autism. It's a blessing. God designed it for us it has some wonderful medical uses. Why would you want restrictions on accessing medication that you can grow at home?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

I have no problem with medical marijuana as prescribed by a real doctor based upon scientific studies showing safety and efficacy with specific diseases.

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 4:26 pm I have no problem with medical marijuana as prescribed by a real doctor based upon scientific studies showing safety and efficacy with specific diseases.
And what about people who believe in the wow. Do their own research?

By the way my sons autism was caused by those doctors you hold in such high esteem.

Ps. God isant a "real doctor". But he was wise enough to warn us about them.
D&c 89
4 Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Ezra wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 4:34 pm
DesertWonderer wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 4:26 pm I have no problem with medical marijuana as prescribed by a real doctor based upon scientific studies showing safety and efficacy with specific diseases.
And what about people who believe in the wow. Do their own research? ummm No.

By the way my sons autism was caused by those doctors you hold in such high esteem. Highly doubtful or else canabis woulnd't have cured it.

Ps. God isant a "real doctor". But he was wise enough to warn us about them. He is the ULTIMATE doctor. The scripture has nothing to do with doctors or modern medicine.
D&c 89
4 Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 5:47 pm

By the way my sons autism was caused by those doctors you hold in such high esteem. Highly doubtful or else canabis woulnd't have cured it.

Ps. God isant a "real doctor". But he was wise enough to warn us about them. He is the ULTIMATE doctor. The scripture has nothing to do with doctors or modern medicine.
D&c 89

That would be your interpretation. Take a closer look at our medical industry. They kill on average close to a half a million people in the USA every year. They have withheld the cure for cancer for a long time.

I can testify that god lead me to cbd oil to cure my sons autism.

And if your putting doctors at the same level as god then wow talk about false gods. If you think the medical industry is not run by secret combinations your deceived.

But god is the ultimate doctor. And he made marijuana among other natural medicines.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

D&c 89
You'd have to be holding firmly onto the iron rod of the AMA to believe what you've written.

No, God is not a "real doctor", but he is the "ultimate doctor." In DC 89, and American medicine, the same principles and warning can be understood, especially anyone who knows the history of American medicine.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Ezra wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 6:42 pm

D&c 89

That would be your interpretation. Take a closer look at our medical industry. They kill on average close to a half a million people in the USA every year. Completely misleading statistic. They have withheld the cure for cancer for a long time. Blatantly false.

I can testify that god lead me to cbd oil to cure my sons autism. It's possible.

And if your putting doctors at the same level as god then wow talk about false gods. If you think the medical industry is not run by secret combinations your deceived. You have purposefully misconstrued my words.

But god is the ultimate doctor. And he made marijuana among other natural medicines. He also made hallucinogenic mushrooms. Should those be ingested too?