flu season

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
cayenne
captain of 100

flu season

Post by cayenne »

Is this years flu outbreak "epidemic" real? Or is it fear mongering by those who want us to get the flu shots?

We know several people across the country that received this nasty bug, but then you ask the post office lady, a Walmart employee, etc and they don't notice anything out of the norm. How about where you all live?

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: flu season

Post by markharr »

I am down with something right now. Not sure if it's the flu but it always happens this time of year when the air is bad and cold.

My experience with Flu shots has been that what I get after taking the shot is usually worse than the flu.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I haven't heard of anything here in North Texas, and I listen to some local news every morning.

My experience with flu shots is that I've never had one, and never will. I had a friend who was a doctor, and she ragged on me so relentlessly about getting flu shots that I finally had to downright fib about getting one. She got them every year, and swore by them, and then died of cancer in her early 50's. I'm not saying that the flu shots had anything to do with her cancer, just that all her enthusiasm for them turned out to be moot, in her case.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Lizzy60 wrote:I haven't heard of anything here in North Texas, and I listen to some local news every morning.

My experience with flu shots is that I've never had one, and never will. I had a friend who was a doctor, and she ragged on me so relentlessly about getting flu shots that I finally had to downright fib about getting one. She got them every year, and swore by them, and then died of cancer in her early 50's. I'm not saying that the flu shots had anything to do with her cancer, just that all her enthusiasm for them turned out to be moot, in her case.
Agreed! There is still mercury in them also.

cayenne
captain of 100

Post by cayenne »

I won't get one either. So anyone else seeing a rise or not of flu in your area?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

I haven't noticed anything where I live.

A few drops of OnGuard in my water seems to keep me from getting sick. The last time I got a flu shot I got terribly sick, and the time before that I got sick too. Haven't had a flu shot in the last 15 years and if I've had the flu since it wasn't noticeable.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I put a few drops of onGuard in my cool mist vaporizer, it will eventually gum it up, so I of get another one. You can find nice
ones at the Thrift store.

Melissa
captain of 1,000

Post by Melissa »

I haven't heard of anyone getting it yet here.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Lizzy60 wrote:I haven't heard of anything here in North Texas, and I listen to some local news every morning.

I have a friend who eschewed flu shots, believing them to be harmful. He was big into juice therapy, and generally an advocate of alternative medicine and avoiding the medical establishment whenever possible. He was 36 when he died of cancer.

Would you say his enthusiasm for avoiding flu shots turned out to be moot?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

We only know one person who has had the flu all season - the healthiest, most in-shape, young man in our ward, who had gotten the flu shot a couple days before he became ill. We don't know of anyone else here who has gotten the flu (with or without the flu shot). No one in my family has ever gotten the flu shot and we don't plan to. Can't remember the last time any of us had the flu, it's been so many years (decades??), FWIW. We eat right, exercise, and take a daily regimen of herbs - always bumping the doses up on and around Sunday's.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I see the problem now. We must make flu shots mandatory, or else they'll make it a tax, and if you don't pay, it's off to debtors prison for you where you can stamp license plates or turn big rocks into little rocks for the DMV for the rest of your flu-stricken life.

I've never had one. Don't get sick much so don't intend to.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

captainfearnot wrote:

I have a friend who eschewed flu shots, believing them to be harmful. He was big into juice therapy, and generally an advocate of alternative medicine and avoiding the medical establishment whenever possible. He was 36 when he died of cancer.

No, I wouldn't say they turned out to be moot, mercury and other ingredients in a flu shot tend to cause brain damage, Auto immune problems, inflammation, but not Cancer.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

EmmaLee wrote:We only know one person who has had the flu all season - the healthiest, most in-shape, young man in our ward, who had gotten the flu shot a couple days before he became ill. We don't know of anyone else here who has gotten the flu (with or without the flu shot). No one in my family has ever gotten the flu shot and we don't plan to. Can't remember the last time any of us had the flu, it's been so many years (decades??), FWIW. We eat right, exercise, and take a daily regimen of herbs - always bumping the doses up on and around Sunday's.
I remember as a child back in the 1950s perhaps the beginning of vaccinations, the polio vaccination. There was controversy since the talk of it was to make it mandatory. What happened was that they started giving the vaccination and ... lo and behold, all who got the vaccination GOT polio. Supposedly something had "gone wrong" with it and they then "fixed" it.
That has remained with me all my life and has discouraged me from subjecting myself from any of their so called "science" to me more potentially quackery.
To make money.
dc

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

eddie wrote:
captainfearnot wrote:

No, I wouldn't say they turned out to be moot, mercury and other ingredients in a flu shot tend to cause brain damage, Auto immune problems, inflammation, but not Cancer.
My understanding of the definition of the word "moot" is that the thing in question does not have relevance. So, in my friend's case, she believed that getting a flu shot every year would be good for her health and be one of the healthy things she did to live a long life. Dying from cancer, which had nothing to do with the flu shots, rendered the flu shots moot. It's the same with captainfearnot' friend. His NOT getting flu shots had as much to do with his dying of cancer as my friend's annual shots did. Not relevant in both cases.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

David13 wrote:
EmmaLee wrote:We only know one person who has had the flu all season - the healthiest, most in-shape, young man in our ward, who had gotten the flu shot a couple days before he became ill. We don't know of anyone else here who has gotten the flu (with or without the flu shot). No one in my family has ever gotten the flu shot and we don't plan to. Can't remember the last time any of us had the flu, it's been so many years (decades??), FWIW. We eat right, exercise, and take a daily regimen of herbs - always bumping the doses up on and around Sunday's.
I remember as a child back in the 1950s perhaps the beginning of vaccinations, the polio vaccination. There was controversy since the talk of it was to make it mandatory. What happened was that they started giving the vaccination and ... lo and behold, all who got the vaccination GOT polio. Supposedly something had "gone wrong" with it and they then "fixed" it.
That has remained with me all my life and has discouraged me from subjecting myself from any of their so called "science" to me more potentially quackery.
To make money.
dc
Have you done any reading about the monkey virus in most, if not all, polio vaccines given in the 1960's? I recommend the book, The Virus and the Vaccine, and also Dr Mary's Monkey. That vaccine may have contributed to my friend's cancer, especially considering the fact that she could not find a single family member who had ever had breast cancer, and then she and her sister were both diagnosed with breast cancer within months of each other. They were close in age, so they received doses from the same batch of vaccines when they were introduced in the 60's.

https://www.amazon.com/Virus-Vaccine-Co ... he+vaccine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Marys-Monkey- ... rys+monkey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Lizzy60 wrote:
David13 wrote:
To make money.
dc
Have you done any reading about the monkey virus in most, if not all, polio vaccines given in the 1960's? I recommend the book, The Virus and the Vaccine, and also Dr Mary's Monkey. That vaccine may have contributed to my friend's cancer, especially considering the fact that she could not find a single family member who had ever had breast cancer, and then she and her sister were both diagnosed with breast cancer within months of each other. They were close in age, so they received doses from the same batch of vaccines when they were introduced in the 60's.

https://www.amazon.com/Virus-Vaccine-Co ... he+vaccine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Marys-Monkey- ... rys+monkey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have not read about that. But it could certainly explain a lot of things. Thanks for the links.
dc

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Back to the original question, there is a real flu epidemic here in Washington state. Perhaps instead of asking the mailman you should see if there are any nurses in your ward and ask them what they have seen. I would strongly encourage EVERYBODY to befriend any nurses and doctors in your ward. When you need a doctor, ask them what doctors they think highly of and what doctors they would never want to be seen by. Do you know what they call the person who graduates at the bottom of his medical school class? Doctor. You will be better off avoiding those doctors who aren't good or competent.

Regarding the flu, as long as you have a reasonably good immune system don't worry about it. Wash your hands regularly throughout the day and make sure everybody washes their hands as soon as they come home. Never touch your face or your food without first washing your hands. If you have to shake hands with someone, either wash your hands or use some alcohol lotion as soon as you can after shaking the hand. There really aren't very many viruses that can survive in an aerosol for more than a few seconds. Most of the time we get sick, we brought that virus into our bodies by way of our hands.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Silver wrote:I see the problem now. We must make flu shots mandatory, or else they'll make it a tax, and if you don't pay, it's off to debtors prison for you where you can stamp license plates or turn big rocks into little rocks for the DMV for the rest of your flu-stricken life.

I've never had one. Don't get sick much so don't intend to.
It's already started. I have to PAY $ to the health department to get a paper saying I didn't get vaccines for my children so they can attend school.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

eddie wrote:
captainfearnot wrote:

Yes, cancer too: drcarley.com , and others.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

brianj wrote:Back to the original question, there is a real flu epidemic here in Washington state. Perhaps instead of asking the mailman you should see if there are any nurses in your ward and ask them what they have seen. I would strongly encourage EVERYBODY to befriend any nurses and doctors in your ward. When you need a doctor, ask them what doctors they think highly of and what doctors they would never want to be seen by. Do you know what they call the person who graduates at the bottom of his medical school class? Doctor. You will be better off avoiding those doctors who aren't good or competent.

Regarding the flu, as long as you have a reasonably good immune system don't worry about it. Wash your hands regularly throughout the day and make sure everybody washes their hands as soon as they come home. Never touch your face or your food without first washing your hands. If you have to shake hands with someone, either wash your hands or use some alcohol lotion as soon as you can after shaking the hand. There really aren't very many viruses that can survive in an aerosol for more than a few seconds. Most of the time we get sick, we brought that virus into our bodies by way of our hands.
I'm married to a Registered Nurse.
No flu outbreak around here.
And yes, she knows the doctors to avoid. That's been a bonus.